Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 20:22 - Aug 1 with 35299 viewsGorslasJack

Starting to look like it might be happening!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ashley-willi
Ash on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 2474 viewsnierika

Ash on 20:52 - Aug 1 by Highjack

I can't believe Daniel Parry lied to us.

He didnt lie, he just repeated what Ash said to him.

How many BS rumors have I read in various papers in the past 2 months? Too many to count.

If it happens, it happens. Even if it doesnt happen we had better sign a few more players.
Ash on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 2467 viewsBorojack

Ash on 21:16 - Aug 1 by morningstar

Agreed. Best get £10m now than sod all in 12 months after another gruelling season following the Euros. He's battle weary, and it's starting to show. A great bit of business.

Its great if we reinvest the money but cant see it can you

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Ash on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 2452 viewslondonlisa2001

I wonder if there are any legs in the Chambers rumour?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 21:34]
Ash on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 2451 viewsPhaedrus

Ash on 21:23 - Aug 1 by jack247

It's shit business if we replace him with a £2.5m Ajax reserve. 32 and losing resale value or not.

We are replacing him with Amat. The Ajax reserve is now a Swansea reserve.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Ash on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 2410 viewsDewi1jack

Ash on 20:50 - Aug 1 by Rancid

Jesus Christ how many god damn blacks are we gonna let go this season.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 20:51]

You're no diamond playing your Trump card on our club

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ash on 21:38 - Aug 1 with 2390 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash on 21:36 - Aug 1 by Dewi1jack

You're no diamond playing your Trump card on our club

Thank God you didn't mention the fourth suit!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash on 21:39 - Aug 1 with 2358 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:32 - Aug 1 by majorraglan

It's a great bit of business if the players stepping in to replace him are up to mark and deliver, if they are found wanting and come up short and we go down, then it won't be such a great bit of business.

The club philosophy has always been about finding "rough diamonds" polishing them and moving them on at a profit when it suits. At the lower levels that is easier to do as there are more players who have the ability to perform, at premier league level it is much more difficult to find those gems as less players have the ability - as is evidenced by the fact that some of our recent recruits have proved to be disappointing. I just hope that if AW is moving on, we get a decent replacement for him. It may be that this move has been on the cards for some time and the club have already earmarked his replacement, the James Chester rumours have been doing the rounds for a while!

I agree. But we have to take the chance as it's our only chance of remaining in this league. Our squad is ageing, they need to be replaced and if we can ship out a 32 yr old defender and take our chances with £10m, then yeah, go for it. Because by keeping onto him, we are burying our heads and waiting for the inevitable.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ash on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 2321 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Have to say its a strange move for him at his age .

Big Italian stopper coming in 😄

Hopefully

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 21:41 - Aug 1 with 2307 viewsymaohyd

It speaks volumes that Ash wants to go.

If we were behaving like an established premier league club I just can't see him wanting to leave.

I know we've always done things our way, with remarkable success.

Entering our 6th season we should now be acting and behaving with far more ambition. Not getting Joe Allen spoke volumes.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Ash on 21:42 - Aug 1 with 2276 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:33 - Aug 1 by Borojack

Yes i can. There has to be some sort of plan somewhere along the line.

Ash on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 2235 viewslonglostjack

Ash on 21:33 - Aug 1 by Borojack

Exactly. £10m under normal circumstances would be a good bit of business IF the money is reinvested in the squad.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ash on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 2232 viewsJango

Ash on 21:41 - Aug 1 by ymaohyd

If we were behaving like an established premier league club I just can't see him wanting to leave.

Entering our 6th season we should now be acting and behaving with far more ambition. Not getting Joe Allen spoke volumes.

He's wanted to leave for 5 years. Let him have his payday, we have ours and move on. He's fading as a player, it's been evident for a couple of seasons.
Ash on 21:44 - Aug 1 with 2225 viewsymaohyd

Ash on 21:42 - Aug 1 by morningstar

A cunning one?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Ash on 21:44 - Aug 1 with 2222 viewsRancid

I've heard that van Persie is coming in and his conditions were that he'd only come if Ash was moved on.Something about killing him or something.Anyway expect this to happen before the weekend.
Ash on 21:45 - Aug 1 with 2203 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:41 - Aug 1 by ymaohyd

We didn't need Joe Allen, and if Ash wanted to leave because we didn't sign him then he can f**k off!

Ash on 21:45 - Aug 1 with 2194 viewsjack247

Ash on 21:27 - Aug 1 by morningstar

Call m stupid, but i have a feeling Mr Guidolin has more of a say over transfers than he let's on. Even if it comes down to a simple 'yay or nay'.

He needs to start giving a few 'yays' in that case Gar. I don't think it's HJ though, just the new owners trying to slash the wage bill.
Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2166 viewsElward

There are some players that are getting frustrated and annoyed too
Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2153 viewsGVJack

First of all, I would like to state that I am a big AW fan, and would love for him to remain at SCFC next season, however, a couple of things to readdress the balance of the doom and gloomers on here :-

(1) - 10m for a player who will be 32 this month isn't bad business. I don't expect him to be replaced directly as we already have 4 centre backs on the books, with Jordi Amat stepping in very well in Ash's absence at the end of last season (where we beat Liverpool, West Ham and carved out a draw against Man City)

(2) - Need to look at the future - AW will have a season, 2 at most where he can continue this form and consistency - if the club feel the time is right for Amat to step up, get a full season under his belt then we could be looking at an asset who can remain at the club and give us a great service for 7+ years.

(3) This shouldn't come as a major shock - i'd heard rumours before the Euro's that not all was well between certain SCFC hierarchy and AW - I have no details, but if it is true, it explains why they purchased Van Der Hoorn adding to the CB position when it didn't feel necessary.

(4) AW is and always will be a legend of the club - but has anybody thought that it may be his wish to leave? His stock certainly rose further during the Euro's, and perhaps he now feels he wants a new challenge and increase his earning potential for his final couple of seasons.

(5) I trust HJ and the board (what's left of them) to continue to make business decisions that's best for the club - they have made very few mistakes in the Appointment of managers or players (although I am a little nervous that we don't seem to be targeting any quality proven 20+ goals a season striker).
Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2148 viewsjack247

Ash on 21:34 - Aug 1 by Phaedrus

We are replacing him with Amat. The Ajax reserve is now a Swansea reserve.

Shit business then. Who is replacing Bartley?
Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2145 viewsRancid

You don't hear 'slashing the wage bill' in the PL very often.Usually from relegated sides.
Ash on 21:47 - Aug 1 with 2117 viewsWarwickHunt

Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 by jack247

Shit business then. Who is replacing Bartley?

A bag of cement.
Ash on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 2094 viewsBorojack

Ash on 21:42 - Aug 1 by morningstar

Yes the plan is pocket the Sky money
Sell off the players pocket the cash.
Parachute payments get the wage bill down low.
Our old board have sold us down the river totally.

Thats how I see it.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Ash on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 2094 viewsElward

Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 by Rancid

You don't hear 'slashing the wage bill' in the PL very often.Usually from relegated sides.

Which at this rate we will be
Ash on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 2089 viewsvetchonian

Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 by Elward

There are some players that are getting frustrated and annoyed too

A few fans also

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ash on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 2046 viewsjack247

Ash on 21:48 - Aug 1 by Borojack

Yes the plan is pocket the Sky money
Sell off the players pocket the cash.
Parachute payments get the wage bill down low.
Our old board have sold us down the river totally.

Thats how I see it.

I think it's more likely they are trying to keep us up as cheaply as possible. Sell us in a few years for a tidy profit. Particularly if they have bought the stadium by then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024