Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 20:22 - Aug 1 with 34352 viewsGorslasJack

Starting to look like it might be happening!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ashley-willi
Ash on 22:47 - Aug 1 with 3233 viewsicecoldjack

Ash on 22:19 - Aug 1 by skippyjack

Look.. he's 32.. Rangel was OK at 32 an all.. it's when he hit 33 he become a complacent wreck.. Britton lost it 3 years ago..

Yet they're still here grinding out a living in the top league.. it's true, the pace of the league leaves them behind.. they'll have about 4 decent games a season.. but when you got Bolasie, Zaha, Martial, Berahino dragging you up and down the wing and at the back.. It takes its toll.

Leon 34 coming up 14 years
Rangel 34 coming up 9 years
Williams 32 coming up 8 years
Tremmel 38 coming up 5 years
Routledge is 31 5 years

They've been with us for a considerable amount of time.. and if it wasn't for pure sentiment.. Leon, Rangel and Tremmel would've been gone 2 years ago, if it was another club.

O'Leary 15 years, 3 as coach.. He should've left in the 2002-03 season.. but managed another 10 years.
Tate 13 years, appointed coach.. should've been sold after 2011/12
Trundle 5 years, 3 as coach.. His job is sentiment.
Monk 10 years, 2 as manager.. should've been sold after the 2010/11 season.. and sacked a lot earlier
Bodde 5 years.. somehow he managed to gain 3 more years
Tremmel 5 years.. should have gone after the 2012/13 season
Rangel 9 years.. should have gone this season.
Britton 14 years.. should have gone 2 seasons ago
Gower 5 years.. should have gone after the 2010/11 season
Butler 6 years.. should have gone after the 2008/09 season
Austin 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
Lawrence 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
OTJ 4 years.. how he lasted more than a year baffles me

107 years on these.. They don't know how fortunate they are..

O'Leary was a struggling League One player.. and a semi professional coach.. somehow thrust into a premier league set up.
Tate was a Championship player at best.
Trundle 's appointment is pure sentiment.
Monk was a championship player at best.. and somehow landed a top flight managerial job.
Bodde's career had ended.. We still paid him 3 years worth of wages though.
Tremmel.. was signed as a back up.. somehow is still our back up.
Rangel and Britton's time should be up.. but we all know they'll last a few more years yet.
Gower.. struggled in the Championship.. somehow played in the prem.
Butler.. struggled to get in the League One team.. never mind the premier one.
Austin.. had one decent season.. couldn't run after that.
Lawrence and OTJ were garbage full stop.

We have given these players millions of pounds that they don't particularly deserve.. If it was in the 'real' world though.. Some wouldn't have lasted a month.

Great post skip.

Been saying it for ages, it's been our downfall on more than one occasion.
Ash on 22:49 - Aug 1 with 3203 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash on 22:36 - Aug 1 by Joe_bradshaw

The challenge is coming up with new things to spend lots more money on.

A segway for one. I bet ash would love one of those

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash on 23:04 - Aug 1 with 3056 viewsforkbeard

Almost as if the calendar makers knew..

Ash on 23:08 - Aug 1 with 2999 viewsAngelRangelQS

Good deal for all involved IMO.

We'd never have turned down that kinda money for a 32 year old who if not over the hill already certainly isn't far off.

Obviously we do need to bring someone in. I can't see why we wouldn't
Ash on 23:12 - Aug 1 with 2960 viewsSwansNZ

Ash on 23:04 - Aug 1 by forkbeard

Almost as if the calendar makers knew..

anyone on September, or is it blank?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ash on 23:12 - Aug 1 with 2959 viewsLoyal

Ash on 23:08 - Aug 1 by AngelRangelQS

We'd never have turned down that kinda money for a 32 year old who if not over the hill already certainly isn't far off.

I actually agree, very good business.
And anyway most fans have had fisticuffs with his welp of an old man. Time for him to put the boot in at the Gladys street end for a season or two. They'll sort him out as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ash on 23:14 - Aug 1 with 2939 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Ash on 22:23 - Aug 1 by Borojack

And there wss me thinking he had a 2 year contract.
We could say no or tell Everton we want more money.
Tummer what is your take on these guys then are we as the majority seem to think on here in big trouble.

I don't think they are asset stripping. I believe they will do everything they can to make the club successful. In the short term, I'm confident they will re-invest the money we are getting for Ash, the Gomis loan, etc.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I really think their hearts are in the right place. Not just because I briefly met Levien; but much more importantly, because I don't think they are bad businessmen.

Buying a club like Swansea for the sake of asset stripping makes absolutely no business sense at all. It's completely counter-intuitive, and only sounds like a good way to blow most of their 100 million investment.

But I can't vouch for the liquid resources at their disposal to invest in the club. And the jury is still out on their abilities as negotiators, but I'm very unimpressed so far. Despite what others are saying about his best years being behind him, 10 million could be called a steal in this market for Ash, even at age 32.

People always focus on age as if football players come with expiration dates on their shirts, but some guys last a lot longer than others. Given Ash's history of good health and overall toughness, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him last another 4 good years at this level.

So I'm very worried after today, and my worries will grow exponentially if we let Ayew go for anything less than 25 million. I REALLY don't want to let him go for any amount, but it's got to be at least 25 million if we have no choice.

I remain defiantly hopeful for now; but I really need to hear a lot of good news before the end of August. It cannot be overstated how crucial the next 30 days are to the future of this club. Levien and Jenkins best be burning the midnight oil and hustling their asses off to re-build this club before the window closes.

And if this goes tits up, it'll only sting me that much more that these guys are Americans.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 23:29]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ash on 23:17 - Aug 1 with 2916 viewsmax936

Ash on 23:08 - Aug 1 by AngelRangelQS

You me and many others, but we're still waiting for a striker or two plus one or two others, but feckall seems to be happening.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 23:17 - Aug 1 with 2911 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ash on 23:12 - Aug 1 by Loyal

I actually agree, very good business.
And anyway most fans have had fisticuffs with his welp of an old man. Time for him to put the boot in at the Gladys street end for a season or two. They'll sort him out as well.

Clubs like us need to sell our players at the right time and it's better this happens a season too early than a season too late.

If we could find a way for ash to be 29 again and never age then I can understand the concerns about selling him. That's clearly impossible and so however much of a great servant he's been for us, getting £10m for him when he has a maximum of a couple of full seasons left in him makes total sense.

Signed for £400k, had all his best years and sold for £10m... Wonderful
Ash on 23:32 - Aug 1 with 2809 viewsGowerjack

Can I please request that if AW does sign for Everton that we refrain from singing "he's Captain of Wales etc etc " when they play down here.

Because it would be f ucking embarrassing.

Thank you.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Ash on 23:35 - Aug 1 with 2784 viewsJBG

Ash on 23:32 - Aug 1 by Gowerjack

Can I please request that if AW does sign for Everton that we refrain from singing "he's Captain of Wales etc etc " when they play down here.

Thank you.

hahaha well said sent you a pm
Ash on 23:36 - Aug 1 with 2762 viewsUplandsJack

Ash on 23:17 - Aug 1 by AngelRangelQS

Clubs like us need to sell our players at the right time and it's better this happens a season too early than a season too late.

If we could find a way for ash to be 29 again and never age then I can understand the concerns about selling him. That's clearly impossible and so however much of a great servant he's been for us, getting £10m for him when he has a maximum of a couple of full seasons left in him makes total sense.

Signed for £400k, had all his best years and sold for £10m... Wonderful

Totally agree....

I really don't get all this nonsense that he's a rock etc... They guy gets his head down more than most when the going gets tough... Good player, no argument from me there. But a leader of men, sorry but not a fooking chance...
This is a great, I repeat GREAT bit of business under normal circumstances. I do have to admit though that I'm more than a bit concerned that the monies will be re invested in the 1st team.
Ash on 23:36 - Aug 1 with 2762 viewsjacktar

Ash on 22:19 - Aug 1 by skippyjack

Look.. he's 32.. Rangel was OK at 32 an all.. it's when he hit 33 he become a complacent wreck.. Britton lost it 3 years ago..

Yet they're still here grinding out a living in the top league.. it's true, the pace of the league leaves them behind.. they'll have about 4 decent games a season.. but when you got Bolasie, Zaha, Martial, Berahino dragging you up and down the wing and at the back.. It takes its toll.

Leon 34 coming up 14 years
Rangel 34 coming up 9 years
Williams 32 coming up 8 years
Tremmel 38 coming up 5 years
Routledge is 31 5 years

They've been with us for a considerable amount of time.. and if it wasn't for pure sentiment.. Leon, Rangel and Tremmel would've been gone 2 years ago, if it was another club.

O'Leary 15 years, 3 as coach.. He should've left in the 2002-03 season.. but managed another 10 years.
Tate 13 years, appointed coach.. should've been sold after 2011/12
Trundle 5 years, 3 as coach.. His job is sentiment.
Monk 10 years, 2 as manager.. should've been sold after the 2010/11 season.. and sacked a lot earlier
Bodde 5 years.. somehow he managed to gain 3 more years
Tremmel 5 years.. should have gone after the 2012/13 season
Rangel 9 years.. should have gone this season.
Britton 14 years.. should have gone 2 seasons ago
Gower 5 years.. should have gone after the 2010/11 season
Butler 6 years.. should have gone after the 2008/09 season
Austin 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
Lawrence 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
OTJ 4 years.. how he lasted more than a year baffles me

107 years on these.. They don't know how fortunate they are..

O'Leary was a struggling League One player.. and a semi professional coach.. somehow thrust into a premier league set up.
Tate was a Championship player at best.
Trundle 's appointment is pure sentiment.
Monk was a championship player at best.. and somehow landed a top flight managerial job.
Bodde's career had ended.. We still paid him 3 years worth of wages though.
Tremmel.. was signed as a back up.. somehow is still our back up.
Rangel and Britton's time should be up.. but we all know they'll last a few more years yet.
Gower.. struggled in the Championship.. somehow played in the prem.
Butler.. struggled to get in the League One team.. never mind the premier one.
Austin.. had one decent season.. couldn't run after that.
Lawrence and OTJ were garbage full stop.

We have given these players millions of pounds that they don't particularly deserve.. If it was in the 'real' world though.. Some wouldn't have lasted a month.

Yet another "list" from Skippy.
Now there's a surprise!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ash on 23:45 - Aug 1 with 2714 viewsmorningstar

Thank you.

Request what you like. It'll happen, even if he goes up for a corner, smashes the ball past Fab and runs to the East stand kissing the badge!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ash on 23:47 - Aug 1 with 2691 viewsDewi1jack

Ash on 23:12 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

anyone on September, or is it blank?

Not blank mate.
There will be a piccy and a full biography of our new captain-Brandon Cooper

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-under-18s-brandon-c

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ash on 23:49 - Aug 1 with 2673 viewsGowerjack

Ash on 23:35 - Aug 1 by JBG

hahaha well said sent you a pm

Hi Kev

And replied

Nice one

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Ash on 23:54 - Aug 1 with 2624 viewsDrizzy

This is smart business if you consider the deal in a vacuum.

However it's absolutely awful timing. Seems our squad is slowly frittering away, with all the paper talk being of further departures.

Worrying.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ash on 00:40 - Aug 2 with 2508 viewsLoyal

Ash on 23:14 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

I don't think they are asset stripping. I believe they will do everything they can to make the club successful. In the short term, I'm confident they will re-invest the money we are getting for Ash, the Gomis loan, etc.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I really think their hearts are in the right place. Not just because I briefly met Levien; but much more importantly, because I don't think they are bad businessmen.

Buying a club like Swansea for the sake of asset stripping makes absolutely no business sense at all. It's completely counter-intuitive, and only sounds like a good way to blow most of their 100 million investment.

But I can't vouch for the liquid resources at their disposal to invest in the club. And the jury is still out on their abilities as negotiators, but I'm very unimpressed so far. Despite what others are saying about his best years being behind him, 10 million could be called a steal in this market for Ash, even at age 32.

People always focus on age as if football players come with expiration dates on their shirts, but some guys last a lot longer than others. Given Ash's history of good health and overall toughness, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him last another 4 good years at this level.

So I'm very worried after today, and my worries will grow exponentially if we let Ayew go for anything less than 25 million. I REALLY don't want to let him go for any amount, but it's got to be at least 25 million if we have no choice.

I remain defiantly hopeful for now; but I really need to hear a lot of good news before the end of August. It cannot be overstated how crucial the next 30 days are to the future of this club. Levien and Jenkins best be burning the midnight oil and hustling their asses off to re-build this club before the window closes.

And if this goes tits up, it'll only sting me that much more that these guys are Americans.

The liquid resources is the TV money - if the club is run as tightly as it has been utilising this yearly windfall there is no reason for that can't to continue.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Ash on 00:42 - Aug 2 with 2504 viewsLoyal

Thank you.

It's not an if though, we know he has gone.

Ash on 06:53 - Aug 2 with 2225 viewsglobus10

I said a year ago to my mates when we were cruising, that our first crisis would be when Ash goes. Imo the heart beat of team/club for last 5/6 years. However showed signs last year of fading football wise. However he is an inspiration to all around him.
That said one of our best servants and deserves one big move.Think top 4 club too late for him but Everton a massive club.
Ash on 07:11 - Aug 2 with 2170 viewsjack247

Ash on 23:14 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

They aren't asset stripping. They are cost cutting to a dangerous degree. I'm sure they have every intention of staying in the PL. What I'm not sure of, is if they realise how big a risk they are taking.

I really wouldn't expect a lot of good news before the end of the month. Maybe a token signing, but I'm pretty confident we will start this season with a weaker squad than the one that finished the last.
Ash on 07:31 - Aug 2 with 2108 viewsJackfath

Everton. Warra minge.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ash on 07:36 - Aug 2 with 2087 viewsClinton

Good business in terms of age and price. My only worry is that we wil miss the mental strength and discipline exhibited by Ash. I remember him bollocking Ki for wimping out right in front of us last season, there are many other examples. It's an intangible thing, an aura of invincibility, A Jedi like aura that means he gets away with handling the ball and pushing people over.
Anyway we will see how it goes Amat is actually a better player at this time IMHO. I hope he grows into the Ash role, he's got the physical presence I think he can do it. Fingers crossed. It's what makes the game interesting.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ash on 08:01 - Aug 2 with 2000 viewsJango

Ash on 07:11 - Aug 2 by jack247

They aren't asset stripping. They are cost cutting to a dangerous degree. I'm sure they have every intention of staying in the PL. What I'm not sure of, is if they realise how big a risk they are taking.

I really wouldn't expect a lot of good news before the end of the month. Maybe a token signing, but I'm pretty confident we will start this season with a weaker squad than the one that finished the last.

Hopefully they are cost cutting enough to fund 2 or 3 big players and are just waiting for the go ahead from their clubs. When we played under Rodgers and Martinez if everyone was fit we played pretty much the same 11 and used the same 3 or 4 subs subs every week. We don't have a lot of games when not in Europe so maybe guidolin feels he'd rather have a much smaller squad with much better players and then give the youth chance if needed. Next few weeks are massive for our future not only this season but on the basis that we'll know exactly how these yanks are gonna treat us
Ash on 08:02 - Aug 2 with 1989 viewsangryjack

cant understand you lot who saying its agood price for the club..yes under old ownership because it would have been reinvested but this money is gooing straight in yanks pockets so its not a good price better off keeping him
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024