Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 20:22 - Aug 1 with 34357 viewsGorslasJack

Starting to look like it might be happening!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ashley-willi
Ash on 08:14 - Aug 2 with 2739 viewsZut_Alors

Anyone think James Chester would be a good choice to replace Ash?
Ash on 08:27 - Aug 2 with 2675 viewspencoedjack

Ash on 08:14 - Aug 2 by Zut_Alors

Yes ....

Although I would give Amat & Fernandez the chance to be our main centre halves.
Ash on 08:28 - Aug 2 with 2663 viewssomersetsimon

Are we assuming that Amat & Fernandez will be first choice, so we are looking for a 3rd/4th CB, or are we looking for a new first choice?
Ash on 08:30 - Aug 2 with 2641 viewsblaine_scfc

Not sure how legit, but rumours are we are after Francesco Acerbi. Don't know anything about him, but made the most interceptions in Serie A last year by all accounts.

Apologies if a Les.
Ash on 08:34 - Aug 2 with 2605 viewsvetchonian

I believe everyone is up in arms because this is happening in the middle of what appears to be a fire sale with no signs of any significant inward signings. If a couple of strikers or worth had been signed then I think maybe the "sense" of this move mayt be clearer.

Yes Amat I think will step into the breach...buit we will lack a little physicality in the back and we will lose Ash's leadership. Amat is competenet enough to fill the role he played well when needed last sewason and has a godd football brain as well as ability.

More worrying for us all is the lack of inward transfers amongst the rapid mass exodus

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ash on 08:47 - Aug 2 with 2536 viewslifelong

Ash on 23:17 - Aug 1 by AngelRangelQS

Clubs like us need to sell our players at the right time and it's better this happens a season too early than a season too late.

If we could find a way for ash to be 29 again and never age then I can understand the concerns about selling him. That's clearly impossible and so however much of a great servant he's been for us, getting £10m for him when he has a maximum of a couple of full seasons left in him makes total sense.

Signed for £400k, had all his best years and sold for £10m... Wonderful

Good post, but,I wouldn't say it's wonderful he's going yet it's not as catastrophic as some people are making out.

If this story is correct about Ash not being happy about us not signing Joe Allen, and wants out, what are the club supposed to do?
Ash on 09:12 - Aug 2 with 2456 viewsDyfnant

£10M for Williams or Amat leaving is an easy choice

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ash on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 2451 viewsjack247

Ash on 08:47 - Aug 2 by lifelong

Good post, but,I wouldn't say it's wonderful he's going yet it's not as catastrophic as some people are making out.

If this story is correct about Ash not being happy about us not signing Joe Allen, and wants out, what are the club supposed to do?

Sign Joe Allen
Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 09:20 - Aug 2 with 2408 viewslifelong

Ash on 09:13 - Aug 2 by jack247

Sign Joe Allen

Because Ash says, if we don't I'm off.... Really?
Ash on 09:21 - Aug 2 with 2409 viewsDyfnant

Ash on 09:13 - Aug 2 by jack247

Sign Joe Allen

Let's sign all their mates for positions that don't need filling

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ash on 09:23 - Aug 2 with 2389 viewsastonian_the_jack

Putting a "positive" spin on this, I heard this a while ago that Ash has a clause in his contract which allows his wage to be matched to the highest paid player. Selling him releases this clause allowing us to sign a more highly paid player rather than having to cope with 2 similar wages on the books?
Ash on 09:26 - Aug 2 with 2370 viewsmagicdaps10

Hector Moreno would be the guy for me.

Similar player to Ash, puts his body on the line but does come with a history of injuries that seem to have cleared in the last couple of seasons.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ash on 09:30 - Aug 2 with 2323 viewsjack247

Ash on 09:20 - Aug 2 by lifelong

Because Ash says, if we don't I'm off.... Really?

Sarcasm. You must have missed it. I would have signed him because he would have been perfect for the way we look like we are going to play. Not because Ash allegedly laid out an ultimatum.
Ash on 09:30 - Aug 2 with 2314 viewsjack247

Ash on 09:21 - Aug 2 by Dyfnant

Let's sign all their mates for positions that don't need filling

You missed the sarcasm too
Ash on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 2288 viewsblaine_scfc

Ash on 09:26 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

Hector Moreno would be the guy for me.

Similar player to Ash, puts his body on the line but does come with a history of injuries that seem to have cleared in the last couple of seasons.

Without knowing anything about either of them, I think I would go with Acerbi, old fashioned Italian center half who knows the dark arts of defending.

On a separate note, I can understand us accepting the bid for Ash, especially as he wants out, but we need to reinvest the money on the squad. Fingers crossed we get a few deals done this week.
Ash on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 2277 viewsjack247

Ash on 09:34 - Aug 2 by blaine_scfc

Without knowing anything about either of them, I think I would go with Acerbi, old fashioned Italian center half who knows the dark arts of defending.

On a separate note, I can understand us accepting the bid for Ash, especially as he wants out, but we need to reinvest the money on the squad. Fingers crossed we get a few deals done this week.

Agree with the second paragraph. Selling him isn't necessarily bad business in itself. Selling him and not replacing him, or replacing him with an inferior player would be
Ash on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 2247 viewsjasper_T

Ash on 07:36 - Aug 2 by Clinton

Good business in terms of age and price. My only worry is that we wil miss the mental strength and discipline exhibited by Ash. I remember him bollocking Ki for wimping out right in front of us last season, there are many other examples. It's an intangible thing, an aura of invincibility, A Jedi like aura that means he gets away with handling the ball and pushing people over.
Anyway we will see how it goes Amat is actually a better player at this time IMHO. I hope he grows into the Ash role, he's got the physical presence I think he can do it. Fingers crossed. It's what makes the game interesting.

Did bollocking Ki like that actually help?
Ash on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 2043 viewsElward

Ash on 09:41 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Did bollocking Ki like that actually help?

Judging by how Ki played for the rest of the game no. Amat does seem to have a bigger physical prescense and looks a lot stronger. Noticed a lot of people reffer to Ash as being quite a big strong centre half but forget thats usually the only case when he is trying to push a player over his knee. They forhet how easily 4 stone rat boy Vardy completely knocked him on his ass off the pitch.
Ash on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 1892 viewsSwansea93

Danny Gabbidon has confirmed Williams going to Everton on Twitter in response to someone, not that he knows for certain he's probably just going with the rumours, unless Ashley has told him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ash on 12:36 - Aug 2 with 1832 viewssomersetsimon

Ash on 09:23 - Aug 2 by astonian_the_jack

Putting a "positive" spin on this, I heard this a while ago that Ash has a clause in his contract which allows his wage to be matched to the highest paid player. Selling him releases this clause allowing us to sign a more highly paid player rather than having to cope with 2 similar wages on the books?

If that's true and he was paid as much as Gomis and Ayew, are Everton really going to pay him that much more?
Ash on 12:44 - Aug 2 with 1785 viewsLeonisGod

To replace him, no. Ash is the first name on the team sheet. To replace him we need someone of real quality, which if they are in the prime of their career is going to cost us huge bucks.

As a useful addition to the squad, maybe.
Ash on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 1758 viewsLeonisGod

Ash on 12:36 - Aug 2 by somersetsimon

If that's true and he was paid as much as Gomis and Ayew, are Everton really going to pay him that much more?

Probably. They're loaded.
Ash on 12:55 - Aug 2 with 1712 viewsMatthew_117

Ash on 08:34 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

I believe everyone is up in arms because this is happening in the middle of what appears to be a fire sale with no signs of any significant inward signings. If a couple of strikers or worth had been signed then I think maybe the "sense" of this move mayt be clearer.

Yes Amat I think will step into the breach...buit we will lack a little physicality in the back and we will lose Ash's leadership. Amat is competenet enough to fill the role he played well when needed last sewason and has a godd football brain as well as ability.

More worrying for us all is the lack of inward transfers amongst the rapid mass exodus

Amat certainly didn't lack physicality and aggression when he won the ball back to set up the equaliser at the Emirates.

But I am wondering who will step up and grow into the captaincy role
Ash on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 1672 viewsQuakerJack

Yes

Fab

Chester Amat Fede

new right back Taylor/Kingsley

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ash on 13:01 - Aug 2 with 1657 viewsQuakerJack

Ash on 12:44 - Aug 2 by LeonisGod

To replace him, no. Ash is the first name on the team sheet. To replace him we need someone of real quality, which if they are in the prime of their career is going to cost us huge bucks.

As a useful addition to the squad, maybe.

Chester was by far the best of the three centre halves in the Euros... all 3 played very well but I'd even argue Ben was better than Ash

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024