Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 20:22 - Aug 1 with 34350 viewsGorslasJack

Starting to look like it might be happening!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ashley-willi
Ash on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 2551 viewsPhaedrus

Ash on 20:57 - Aug 1 by PozuelosSideys

Tbf, other than his leadsership qualities, he does give the side at least a bit of a hard edge. Without him we look rather lightweight. That needs to be addressed or we will get bullied a lot this season.

Yes we looked realy lightweight at the back against West ham and Man City.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Ash on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 2546 viewsFlashberryjack

Ash on 20:59 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

£10m for a 32 year old central defender would be good business if there was any indication that Jenkins and co were up to finding a replacement.

This is the crux of it, they'll looking at an el cheapo replacement, you can bet your boots on that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ash on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 2543 viewsvetchonian

Ash on 21:03 - Aug 1 by majorraglan

Not sure he would be up to it after a few seasons in the Middle East, assuming he hasn't lost his fitness we could do a lot worse. He has his faults and shortcomings, but he knows the club and some of the players. Not to sure we could afford his wages though!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 21:03]

He's too busy building houses he's handy with bricks

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ash on 21:08 - Aug 1 with 2518 viewsLoyal

Ash on 21:07 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

He's too busy building houses he's handy with bricks

Oh please get it right.
Half bricks ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ash on 21:08 - Aug 1 with 2534 viewsJBG

Ash on 20:25 - Aug 1 by exiledclaseboy

If this happens it'll be one if the most baffling transfer decisions for years.

why? do you think Amat is not up to it, always respect your views mate, but your calling this one wrong in my eyes, Jordi is a better quicker faster centre half, my opinion only
Ash on 21:09 - Aug 1 with 2525 viewsRancid

Ash on 21:06 - Aug 1 by exiledclaseboy

That did make me laugh.

It was the Spaniards first and now the blacks.Racist to the bloody core.
Ash on 21:09 - Aug 1 with 2515 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ash on 21:07 - Aug 1 by Phaedrus

Yes we looked realy lightweight at the back against West ham and Man City.

I get your point, but a couple of end of season games when the sun is shining and we are all safe is very different to having to slog it out of the course of a 38 game PL season, particularly when the rest of the squad is looking as thin as it is and maybe more exits to follow.

£10m is an acceptable price, not easy to replace though

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Ash on 21:10 - Aug 1 with 2495 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ash on 21:08 - Aug 1 by JBG

why? do you think Amat is not up to it, always respect your views mate, but your calling this one wrong in my eyes, Jordi is a better quicker faster centre half, my opinion only

Which you're entitled to. I've nothing against Amat, he's a good player. But we should be adding to the squad a week and a bit before the season starts, not offloading our stalwarts.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 21:10 - Aug 1 with 2474 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Amat will step up .

That's why we've been giving him contracts

Natural replacement

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ash on 21:12 - Aug 1 with 2437 viewsPhaedrus

Rangel is stalwart and if he left I'd have a party.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Ash on 21:13 - Aug 1 with 2417 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ash on 21:12 - Aug 1 by Phaedrus

Rangel is stalwart and if he left I'd have a party.

Point. But you know what I mean.

Poll: Tory leader

Ash on 21:13 - Aug 1 with 2415 viewspencoedjack

Ash on 21:10 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Amat will step up .

That's why we've been giving him contracts

Natural replacement

Just had a look on the Everton forum they are very happy some saying he should be made captain

People on here trying to justify it

Says it all really
Ash on 21:13 - Aug 1 with 2409 viewsmajorraglan

Ash on 21:03 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

10M for a guy nearly 32 is a no brainer for a club with far little clout financially to most clubs in this league.
Its going to be a had one to take as some many respect him and see what he brings to the table for us. Our worry now if it does happen is what we get in to replace him and hope the club use the money wisely.
One thing that worries me is that its another player required when we are struggling to get the 3/4 we already need.

Yes he is 32 and in financial terms it is a lot of money, but for a long time he has been the glue that has kept things together. If this is true, Everton certainly see the value in signing him at £10m and the benefits he could bring them.

If he goes, will this open the floodgates and will other players start to look for the exit? Over the last few seasons we have been quite lucky with injuries, having 3 central defenders going in to the new season isn't enough, we need to have 4 along with a couple of reinforcements in other areas.
Ash on 21:15 - Aug 1 with 2372 viewsLandore_Jack

Ash on 21:13 - Aug 1 by pencoedjack

Just had a look on the Everton forum they are very happy some saying he should be made captain

People on here trying to justify it

Says it all really

Exactly.

#backtojack

Ash on 21:15 - Aug 1 with 2365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash on 21:13 - Aug 1 by majorraglan

Yes he is 32 and in financial terms it is a lot of money, but for a long time he has been the glue that has kept things together. If this is true, Everton certainly see the value in signing him at £10m and the benefits he could bring them.

If he goes, will this open the floodgates and will other players start to look for the exit? Over the last few seasons we have been quite lucky with injuries, having 3 central defenders going in to the new season isn't enough, we need to have 4 along with a couple of reinforcements in other areas.

I think morale (not moralee) might improve with shouty chops going to Everton.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 21:15]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash on 21:16 - Aug 1 with 2348 viewsJBG

Ash on 21:10 - Aug 1 by exiledclaseboy

Which you're entitled to. I've nothing against Amat, he's a good player. But we should be adding to the squad a week and a bit before the season starts, not offloading our stalwarts.

i thank you for that, now Mr Amat mate prove me right, and you must admit 10 mill for a 32 year old with his best years behind him is good money, and Ash, has always been looking for the big last pay day, and good luck to him he deserves it, so it might not be anything to do with those nasty yanks
Ash on 21:16 - Aug 1 with 2335 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:06 - Aug 1 by Pacemaker

I think Ash has been without doubt one of the most successful players and captains in the history of our club. But Jordi Amat played really well at the end of the season and there were plenty on here wondering if he would now replace Ash.

We are now offered £10 million, last big payday for Ash and no choice but to let him go and let Jordi take up the challenge of being Mr Dependable.

Agreed. Best get £10m now than sod all in 12 months after another gruelling season following the Euros. He's battle weary, and it's starting to show. A great bit of business.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ash on 21:19 - Aug 1 with 2253 viewsjacktar

Ash on 20:50 - Aug 1 by Rancid

Jesus Christ how many god damn blacks are we gonna let go this season.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 20:51]

Fack me, we've been taken over by the KKK

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ash on 21:22 - Aug 1 with 2185 viewsWarwickHunt

Ash on 21:09 - Aug 1 by Rancid

It was the Spaniards first and now the blacks.Racist to the bloody core.

Fingers crossed it's Asians next...
Ash on 21:23 - Aug 1 with 2161 viewsjack247

It's shit business if we replace him with a £2.5m Ajax reserve. 32 and losing resale value or not.
Ash on 21:26 - Aug 1 with 2121 viewsvetchonian

So we have started believing the Western Fail

Ash on 21:27 - Aug 1 with 2111 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:23 - Aug 1 by jack247

It's shit business if we replace him with a £2.5m Ajax reserve. 32 and losing resale value or not.

Call m stupid, but i have a feeling Mr Guidolin has more of a say over transfers than he let's on. Even if it comes down to a simple 'yay or nay'.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ash on 21:28 - Aug 1 with 2072 viewslondonlisa2001

Ash on 21:26 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

So we have started believing the Western Fail

Wathan is very rarely wrong on transfers when he's that categorical.

Which isn't surprising really is it.
Ash on 21:31 - Aug 1 with 2018 viewsvetchonian

I hope he is wrong this time otherwise I really do think we have been sold down the river by our "saviours"

Ash on 21:32 - Aug 1 with 2012 viewsmajorraglan

Ash on 21:16 - Aug 1 by morningstar

Agreed. Best get £10m now than sod all in 12 months after another gruelling season following the Euros. He's battle weary, and it's starting to show. A great bit of business.

It's a great bit of business if the players stepping in to replace him are up to mark and deliver, if they are found wanting and come up short and we go down, then it won't be such a great bit of business.

The club philosophy has always been about finding "rough diamonds" polishing them and moving them on at a profit when it suits. At the lower levels that is easier to do as there are more players who have the ability to perform, at premier league level it is much more difficult to find those gems as less players have the ability - as is evidenced by the fact that some of our recent recruits have proved to be disappointing. I just hope that if AW is moving on, we get a decent replacement for him. It may be that this move has been on the cards for some time and the club have already earmarked his replacement, the James Chester rumours have been doing the rounds for a while!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024