Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in 12:11 - Oct 3 with 47857 viewsjackjackjackjack

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 12:12]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:42 - Oct 3 with 2359 viewsswanjackal

Would be great if he has a sense of humour.

I can picture him coming in to his first press conference wearing a cheap looking red baseball cap with "Make Swansea Great Again" emblazoned in white letters across it.

I wish him well anyway, like any manager when they start, reputations mean nothing to me if he can actually get our players fit and playing a more attractive game. Will reserve judgement at least until a run of games.

Could be a terrible decision, although not been encouraged by performances (not results) for the bulk of Guidolon's reign, and was in a minority who wasn't on board with his contract extension in the summer, it seems very underhanded how he was dismissed. Just like any appointment, we are going into the unknown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:42 - Oct 3 with 2351 viewsJackBaston

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:13 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

Yeah - Egypt have been a huge success on the world stage.

Read what the French press say. It's not pleasant.

Bradley was praised for choosing to live in Egypt despite the unrest following the Egyptian Revolution of 2011 and continuing to guide the Pharaohs despite the suspension of the Egyptian Premier League following the Port Said Stadium riot.

Egypt was perfect in its first six matches of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, but fell decisively to Ghana in the third round playoffs. Bradley was not retained following Egypt's elimination. American Pharaoh, a documentary by Hossam Aboul-Magd about Bradley's tenure in Egypt, aired on PBS on June 16, 2014.

Think he did pretty well considering how much was going on around that time, especially with the 'superstars' Egypt have

Thing that gives me a bit of hope is that hes got a minimum of a 45% win ratio at every club and country hes been at since 2011, including Le Havre
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:46 - Oct 3 with 2322 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Gutted. FG needed more time.

I've known BB since he was the coach at Princeton (a prestigious US university and his alma mater). He's a smart, serious coach. He's been trained by Bruce Arena (current LA coach, former US NT coach) and the most arrogant coach in the USA. While I'm not his biggest fan, Bruce may be the best US coach. Also, Donovan has un-retired and he's playing for LA (with Bruce). more worries.....

One clarification, BB was the coach of Ohio University - this is different than Ohio State University. OU is much smaller than OSU. Analogously, it would be like the population of Fishguard to Swansea, back in the 80's.

Bob's nickname is cheating Bob. I was in the stands when he earned this moniker. At the time, a 4th sub could be used for GK, the rationale was that if a GK was injured and all 3 subs had been used, a real GK could be brought on. So to get a fourth sub, Eddie Gaven was brought on - he was a young winger - as a GK. When the ball went out, real GK Timmy Howard (yes the former Everton GK) switched shirts with Gaven and NY had successfully used 4 subs for field players.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:47 - Oct 3 with 2308 viewsblueytheblue

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:42 - Oct 3 by JackBaston

Bradley was praised for choosing to live in Egypt despite the unrest following the Egyptian Revolution of 2011 and continuing to guide the Pharaohs despite the suspension of the Egyptian Premier League following the Port Said Stadium riot.

Egypt was perfect in its first six matches of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, but fell decisively to Ghana in the third round playoffs. Bradley was not retained following Egypt's elimination. American Pharaoh, a documentary by Hossam Aboul-Magd about Bradley's tenure in Egypt, aired on PBS on June 16, 2014.

Think he did pretty well considering how much was going on around that time, especially with the 'superstars' Egypt have

Thing that gives me a bit of hope is that hes got a minimum of a 45% win ratio at every club and country hes been at since 2011, including Le Havre

What "superstars" were Egypt playing against though?

Coached in Norway; well OGS won titles there with Molde. Bradley won zero.

Le Havre? W3 D4 L2 this season. If he was storming the French lower leagues, then you can say he's a chance... but if he's claiming he's around the level of a Klippity Klopp, he's having a massive laugh.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:49 - Oct 3 with 2281 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:46 - Oct 3 by JoeSoccerFan

I've known BB since he was the coach at Princeton (a prestigious US university and his alma mater). He's a smart, serious coach. He's been trained by Bruce Arena (current LA coach, former US NT coach) and the most arrogant coach in the USA. While I'm not his biggest fan, Bruce may be the best US coach. Also, Donovan has un-retired and he's playing for LA (with Bruce). more worries.....

One clarification, BB was the coach of Ohio University - this is different than Ohio State University. OU is much smaller than OSU. Analogously, it would be like the population of Fishguard to Swansea, back in the 80's.

Bob's nickname is cheating Bob. I was in the stands when he earned this moniker. At the time, a 4th sub could be used for GK, the rationale was that if a GK was injured and all 3 subs had been used, a real GK could be brought on. So to get a fourth sub, Eddie Gaven was brought on - he was a young winger - as a GK. When the ball went out, real GK Timmy Howard (yes the former Everton GK) switched shirts with Gaven and NY had successfully used 4 subs for field players.

Playground rules in force now we are all in the sandpit throwing our toys around

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 2266 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:42 - Oct 3 by JackBaston

Fantastic - the next time Swansea is going through civil unrest we'll know who to appoint.

In the meantime, I would have liked a manager that had achieved more by the age of 58 then the French second division.

And win percentages don't amount to anything unless they are achieved at an equivalent level.

The recent managers of TNS probably have good win percentages as well.

Of course he may do well and we all hope he does. But it's like saying that the Swansea area manager of Boots could do well if appointed the CEO of Tesco PLC - of course they could do, but you'd probably be able to find someone more likely to do well if you appointed more sensibly.

The acid test is to imagine how you'd feel if another club (make it Cardiff because it rams home the point) in our position did the same thing - everyone on this board would think they were mad and would laugh at them. A lot.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:55 - Oct 3 with 2233 viewsswanjackal

So Howard was an outfield sub/player before hand? I'm confused here. So they had no GK for the rest of game? Or Howard reverted back to his original position?

Or did Howard sneak back on the field of play,.......the rotter?!
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 14:58]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:55 - Oct 3 with 2231 viewsblueytheblue

Joe, as an American can you confirm if there's some unwritten rule all sports coaches with the initials "BB" have to be cheats ;)

Lisa, I'm sure some on our boards find it hysterical. I don't - for one thing, glass houses, stones, potential damage.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:57 - Oct 3 with 2208 viewsJackBaston

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:47 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

What "superstars" were Egypt playing against though?

Coached in Norway; well OGS won titles there with Molde. Bradley won zero.

Le Havre? W3 D4 L2 this season. If he was storming the French lower leagues, then you can say he's a chance... but if he's claiming he's around the level of a Klippity Klopp, he's having a massive laugh.

in their group they won all 6 matches
then lost 7-3 on agg to ghana in the third round

players like Andre Ayew, Kevin Prince Boateng, Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari, Jordan Ayew, Asamoah Gyan in that Ghana team

And Egypt even beat them in the home leg
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:58 - Oct 3 with 2191 viewsskippyjack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:51 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

Fantastic - the next time Swansea is going through civil unrest we'll know who to appoint.

In the meantime, I would have liked a manager that had achieved more by the age of 58 then the French second division.

And win percentages don't amount to anything unless they are achieved at an equivalent level.

Of course he may do well and we all hope he does. But it's like saying that the Swansea area manager of Boots could do well if appointed the CEO of Tesco PLC - of course they could do, but you'd probably be able to find someone more likely to do well if you appointed more sensibly.

The acid test is to imagine how you'd feel if another club (make it Cardiff because it rams home the point) in our position did the same thing - everyone on this board would think they were mad and would laugh at them. A lot.

But he has had experience managing at the top level.. where he beat the best team ever to grace a football pitch at their peak in Spain.

He done OK with the USA team, and his overall results are OK.. possibly better managers out there.. but we know Huw and the gang like a yes man.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:58 - Oct 3 with 2190 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:55 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

Joe, as an American can you confirm if there's some unwritten rule all sports coaches with the initials "BB" have to be cheats ;)

Lisa, I'm sure some on our boards find it hysterical. I don't - for one thing, glass houses, stones, potential damage.

I know mate - you have posted very sensibly on the subject - I was trying to make the point that those who are currently doing the whole 'he may be fantastic' bit would be laughing like hyenas if it was you lot.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:00 - Oct 3 with 2178 viewscostalotta

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:58 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

I know mate - you have posted very sensibly on the subject - I was trying to make the point that those who are currently doing the whole 'he may be fantastic' bit would be laughing like hyenas if it was you lot.

Its football...

People (fans) want/need to believe!
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:01 - Oct 3 with 2161 viewsKrisP

Yeah, Llorente is past it now, too slow. In his prime he'd have been out of the stands and on to the end of that cross.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:05 - Oct 3 with 2126 viewsDr_Winston

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:31 - Oct 3 by ItchySphincter

They'll hint at a lack of communication skills and suspect health and commitment being factors, probably through Wathan.

Done up like a kipper.

Wathan strongly denies being a club mouthpiece.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:06 - Oct 3 with 2113 viewsblueytheblue

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:57 - Oct 3 by JackBaston

in their group they won all 6 matches
then lost 7-3 on agg to ghana in the third round

players like Andre Ayew, Kevin Prince Boateng, Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari, Jordan Ayew, Asamoah Gyan in that Ghana team

And Egypt even beat them in the home leg

So basically beat teams of the same level.

Beat Ghana in a home leg, a one off game. Turned over when it mattered. The lineups were different from the entire list of Ghana players you gave, although clearly they were the better side.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=258316/match=300259033/index.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=258316/match=300259032/index.html

Norwegian league isn't the greatest. Ole took a team nearly relegated the season before and won the title with Molde in his first season. Bradley won nothing.

Le Havre, French second division. Average record.

Good coaches and managers inspire to get teams to overperform. Where is that exhibited in Bradley's managerial record?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:08 - Oct 3 with 2085 viewsblueytheblue

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:05 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Wathan strongly denies being a club mouthpiece.

Wathan strongly denies being a club mouthpiece the club have told him to say.

Fixed your post.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:10 - Oct 3 with 2065 viewsJackBaston

I understand what you're saying
But I can see why he was appointed
Hes going to be an unknown quantity, but I'd rather that than someone like Moyes, Mclaren etc with 'experience'
If he's come with the promise of going back to the the high intensity possession football, then i'll be happy
will it guarantee our premier league survival? who knows
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:11 - Oct 3 with 2066 viewsAnotherJohn

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:22 - Oct 3 by Elward

Mate of mine works in a bookies and said some guy walked in wanting to put £5000 on Swansea getting relegated. He said he had a laugh and asked him was he a Cardiff fan. He said he was a Swans fan but stupid not to make easy money.

The odds have shortened to 15/8 with some bookies. Surprisingly there are still three teams deemed more likely to go down though.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:14 - Oct 3 with 2042 viewsvetchonian

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:10 - Oct 3 by JackBaston

I understand what you're saying
But I can see why he was appointed
Hes going to be an unknown quantity, but I'd rather that than someone like Moyes, Mclaren etc with 'experience'
If he's come with the promise of going back to the the high intensity possession football, then i'll be happy
will it guarantee our premier league survival? who knows

THe issue is I dont think we have the players able to play that game anymore.
Curt didnt try it last season and FG who has pots pf experience could see it too.
Whilst we tried on Saturday we pressed well but were unable to retain the ball when we won it back....thats not down to the manager thats down to the players on the pitch whihc will be the same ones BB will have to work with

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:15 - Oct 3 with 2031 viewsLord_Bony

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:31 - Oct 3 by max936

Llorente

VDH FFS

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:20 - Oct 3 with 1992 viewswaynekerr55

Bang on the money.

Our club is a joke and I seriously hope that the Trust are able to force through a share sale so that we have a fighting chance of survival in the future.

The sell outs should hang their heads in shame and if they had anything about them would close their Twitter accounts and stop being media whores.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:22 - Oct 3 with 1977 viewsBarrySwan

What an absolute disgrace.

Jenkins, Dineen and a bunch of yanks ( no offence to our resident American supporters) you are disgusting people.

Should hang their heads in shame.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:35 - Oct 3 with 1901 viewsWarwickHunt

Jenkins - "We are obviously disappointed to part company with Francesco."

No wonder his schnozz is so fûcking big.

Just fûck off, you cûnt.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:37 - Oct 3 with 1881 viewswaynekerr55

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:35 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

Jenkins - "We are obviously disappointed to part company with Francesco."

No wonder his schnozz is so fûcking big.

Just fûck off, you cûnt.

Yes, rumour has it that it's that big it clipped your wing mirror in Sheen...

It's also rumoured to have cracked the guest bedroom at Perch Towers when he turned the other way

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:41 - Oct 3 with 2364 viewsshandyjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

so we could have had Marcelino ffs!!

Poll: Expectation for the season

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024