Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in 12:11 - Oct 3 with 47575 viewsjackjackjackjack

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 12:12]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:51 - Oct 3 with 2246 viewscostalotta

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:41 - Oct 3 by shandyjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

so we could have had Marcelino ffs!!

There is no word in Portuguese for "Yes man"
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:02 - Oct 3 with 2147 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:51 - Oct 3 by costalotta

There is no word in Portuguese for "Yes man"

or dollar

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:09 - Oct 3 with 2088 viewsSwansea93

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:41 - Oct 3 by shandyjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

so we could have had Marcelino ffs!!

So Marcelino has joined Le Havre?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:16 - Oct 3 with 2044 viewsBorojack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:39 - Oct 3 by acejack3065

Huw should do the decent thing and resign. We know who pulls the strings in the club.

He should go before his entire reputation is ruined.

What do you mean before its ruined

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:18 - Oct 3 with 2032 viewsmax936

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:15 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

VDH FFS

I know, you got all excited and dropped a boo boo, its ok, honest.

I would never do such a thing

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:25 - Oct 3 with 2006 viewsSheffieldjack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:18 - Oct 3 by max936

I know, you got all excited and dropped a boo boo, its ok, honest.

I would never do such a thing

Classless. Clueless. Conniving.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:28 - Oct 3 with 1989 viewsmax936

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:25 - Oct 3 by Sheffieldjack

Classless. Clueless. Conniving.

Thanks SJ.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:28 - Oct 3 with 1983 viewsLeonisGod

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:09 - Oct 3 by Swansea93

So Marcelino has joined Le Havre?

So he's obviously not as good as people think. Why would we want a French League 2 manager? We're better off with Bradley.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 1816 viewsstAteSwan

Swansea has inadvertently become a test case for the growth of the beautiful game in the United States. Most Americans, myself among them, will tell you that Bradley never got a chance at a top league because he was American, and the view is that an American has no idea how to "properly manage a top level football club." We're already seeing that said a bunch now among fans and the press, and it's going to continue.

If Swansea fails, it's going to be seen as proof that American's have no business being in charge in the major European leagues, and it will really hurt the chances of getting more top players and coaches into the elite leagues.

If Swansea succeeds, it will be chance to prove that this country has grown past its reputation, and finally should be taken seriously at the world stage.

Inexplicably, the two are now linked for the rest of this season. Not what I wanted in the slightest, but I'll hope for the best.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:08 - Oct 3 with 1803 viewsphact0rri

This is the first new appointment/sacking I think I've not been behind since I've returned to supporting football. And its a really bitter pill to swallow... feels like it could very well be a gamble. We could be wrong we do have a strong squad, and as Guidolin has shown we can keep our heads above water.. but will we?

Thinking its media blackout for me for a while and try to get behind the manager by forgetting who this guy is.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:08 - Oct 3 with 1803 viewsjohnlangy

After the Liverpool game I said to my mate that, if they sack FG and appoint Bradley one positive that will come out is this (at the end of the day, after we've complained and vented our feelings we have to look for positives).

It's fairly safe to assume that this decision is 100% Levien and Kaplan's decision and Huw was told to just rubber stamp it. They will now have to do everything in their power to ensure that he's a success otherwise they will look complete knobs. That will mean backing him with real money in the January transfer window if needed. On the other hand he may have turned around the team's results in which case we'll be in a healthy league position.

If that happens we'll all suddenly be very happy again. Winning football games has a very therapeutic effect on football supporters.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1790 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:08 - Oct 3 by phact0rri

This is the first new appointment/sacking I think I've not been behind since I've returned to supporting football. And its a really bitter pill to swallow... feels like it could very well be a gamble. We could be wrong we do have a strong squad, and as Guidolin has shown we can keep our heads above water.. but will we?

Thinking its media blackout for me for a while and try to get behind the manager by forgetting who this guy is.

You didn't agree with sacking Laudrup and Monk?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 1779 viewsLord_Bony

Ah so we re a guinea pig test case now are we for the Yanks....are the owners that stupid really?

Would they want to pump all that money in just to arrive at this situation where our future looks rather uncertain within a short space of time.

If this plan fails then they're in trouble...unless of course you take into account a couple of years parachute payments in the championship it's a no lose situation for them.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 1764 viewsblackflyingswan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:39 - Oct 3 by acejack3065

Huw should do the decent thing and resign. We know who pulls the strings in the club.

He should go before his entire reputation is ruined.

I said it month ago .*****
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:20 - Oct 3 with 1712 viewsairedale

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:12 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

Ah so we re a guinea pig test case now are we for the Yanks....are the owners that stupid really?

Would they want to pump all that money in just to arrive at this situation where our future looks rather uncertain within a short space of time.

If this plan fails then they're in trouble...unless of course you take into account a couple of years parachute payments in the championship it's a no lose situation for them.

They've got more to lose than us I reckon. Worst case scenario for SCFC is that we lose the Landore training ground and the parachute payments.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1703 viewsyescomeon

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:06 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

Swansea has inadvertently become a test case for the growth of the beautiful game in the United States. Most Americans, myself among them, will tell you that Bradley never got a chance at a top league because he was American, and the view is that an American has no idea how to "properly manage a top level football club." We're already seeing that said a bunch now among fans and the press, and it's going to continue.

If Swansea fails, it's going to be seen as proof that American's have no business being in charge in the major European leagues, and it will really hurt the chances of getting more top players and coaches into the elite leagues.

If Swansea succeeds, it will be chance to prove that this country has grown past its reputation, and finally should be taken seriously at the world stage.

Inexplicably, the two are now linked for the rest of this season. Not what I wanted in the slightest, but I'll hope for the best.

It seems a bit strange that their nationality can get that much in the way. I don't think American managers should expect to parachute into the top leagues. They need to work their way up and fair play to Bradley he came over here and did that. He's caught a lucky break here and his nationality has got him this gig.

Upthecity!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1702 viewsymaohyd

I think Bradley will prove to be a very good coach.

Very sorry for Guidolin, but sadly that's how football works.

I don't really understand why they gave him the job in the summer, I've been more negative than most on here with regards to Guidolin, but more from the point of view that I wasn't hugely impressed last season and wouldn't have kept him on, however they did and haven't really given him much of a chance this season.

If they had gone for Giggs I would have understood it as you'd assume that he will take a job soon and therefore we needed to act.

Having gone for Bradley, I'm surprised we didn't give Guido more time then appointed Bradley.

I think Bradley will do a good job personally.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 1694 viewsMurph75

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:22 - Oct 3 by ymaohyd

I think Bradley will prove to be a very good coach.

Very sorry for Guidolin, but sadly that's how football works.

I don't really understand why they gave him the job in the summer, I've been more negative than most on here with regards to Guidolin, but more from the point of view that I wasn't hugely impressed last season and wouldn't have kept him on, however they did and haven't really given him much of a chance this season.

If they had gone for Giggs I would have understood it as you'd assume that he will take a job soon and therefore we needed to act.

Having gone for Bradley, I'm surprised we didn't give Guido more time then appointed Bradley.

I think Bradley will do a good job personally.

Great post.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:24 - Oct 3 with 1688 viewsphact0rri

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:10 - Oct 3 by Darran

You didn't agree with sacking Laudrup and Monk?

no mate possibly my wording was confusing, I was all for the sacking of Laudrup and Monk The latter more than the former but both needed to be shown the door at the time.

This is the first one of these that feels ill and truely against the run of play.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1654 viewsGlyn1

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 15:22 - Oct 3 by BarrySwan

What an absolute disgrace.

Jenkins, Dineen and a bunch of yanks ( no offence to our resident American supporters) you are disgusting people.

Should hang their heads in shame.

You're not a Yank if you're from south of the Mason-Dixon Line or west of the Great Lakes - so Tummer from Texas isn't one, for instance.

Otherwise I agree with you 1000%.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:37 - Oct 3 with 1628 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Mama mia! 'appy birthday Franco!

Oof, that felt like a low blow today - and a knockout punch to the 'not just another club' idea. We ARE just another club, and quite a c*nty one as well.

But I think some people are being a little harsh on Bradley - it's not his 'fault' he's our new manager, and comparisons to Cullis are ridiculous. He needs to feel our backing and support if we have a chance of making this work. The crucial thing will be his relationship with the players, if they'll take to him or respect him at all, time will tell...

It's hard to escape the sense that this is just another step back to whence we came, boardroom chaos, debt, discord and acrimony after the heights we achieved. What goes up must come down and this is undeniably us on the way down when you take it all into consideration.....

F*ck it, I'm depressing myself now...

Grab a few wins though, and we'll all change our minds again. Let's not write Bradley off because we're pissed off at the decision makers who chose him - baby/bathwater and so on.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 1608 viewsstAteSwan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:22 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

It seems a bit strange that their nationality can get that much in the way. I don't think American managers should expect to parachute into the top leagues. They need to work their way up and fair play to Bradley he came over here and did that. He's caught a lucky break here and his nationality has got him this gig.

No one is arguing this, and its the reason Bradley took a job in Ligue 2. He's been up for multiple PL jobs before, but no one took the chance.

I'm just offering you the American perspective of this. "Soccer" players in the US understand from the minute they start playing that they will have a much harder chance of growing their skills and getting a chance to test their ability than a player from Europe because they are American. Every single American who manages to play in a major European League has been seen here as reaching the pinnacle of the sport. The road is similar for a manager.

American Press is already calling Bradley's hiring a "Landmark moment in the history of United States Soccer"

I wanted Bradley to get a major job, but the idea that the two things I want most: Swansea becoming a top 8 side in the Premier League that can win a Championship, and for Football in the US To be internationally respected and admired becoming linked together is frightening to me.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:45 - Oct 3 with 1592 viewselevan

Seems like 99% of you hate him already, but I'm an American just coming here to say he knows how to get results. You'll start loving him soon enough.

The circumstances are unfortunate though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 17:46]
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:47 - Oct 3 with 1578 viewsyescomeon

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:41 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

No one is arguing this, and its the reason Bradley took a job in Ligue 2. He's been up for multiple PL jobs before, but no one took the chance.

I'm just offering you the American perspective of this. "Soccer" players in the US understand from the minute they start playing that they will have a much harder chance of growing their skills and getting a chance to test their ability than a player from Europe because they are American. Every single American who manages to play in a major European League has been seen here as reaching the pinnacle of the sport. The road is similar for a manager.

American Press is already calling Bradley's hiring a "Landmark moment in the history of United States Soccer"

I wanted Bradley to get a major job, but the idea that the two things I want most: Swansea becoming a top 8 side in the Premier League that can win a Championship, and for Football in the US To be internationally respected and admired becoming linked together is frightening to me.

Sorry mate, weren't having ago, my post comes across as blunt. I'm actually quite interested in the development of the game in the states. I would be watching with interest if another club had made this move. Personally I would rather watch it from a far than it happen here because of the risk associated with the move, but he's here now, so have a front row seat. Do you think, given it's seen as a landmark move, that this will boost the profile of the Swans over there?

Upthecity!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:48 - Oct 3 with 1979 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:45 - Oct 3 by elevan

Seems like 99% of you hate him already, but I'm an American just coming here to say he knows how to get results. You'll start loving him soon enough.

The circumstances are unfortunate though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 17:46]

Well he doesn't seem to know how to get results in the French second division let alone the Premier League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024