Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in 12:11 - Oct 3 with 47573 viewsjackjackjackjack

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 12:12]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:48 - Oct 3 with 1934 viewsmax936

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:08 - Oct 3 by johnlangy

After the Liverpool game I said to my mate that, if they sack FG and appoint Bradley one positive that will come out is this (at the end of the day, after we've complained and vented our feelings we have to look for positives).

It's fairly safe to assume that this decision is 100% Levien and Kaplan's decision and Huw was told to just rubber stamp it. They will now have to do everything in their power to ensure that he's a success otherwise they will look complete knobs. That will mean backing him with real money in the January transfer window if needed. On the other hand he may have turned around the team's results in which case we'll be in a healthy league position.

If that happens we'll all suddenly be very happy again. Winning football games has a very therapeutic effect on football supporters.

I really don't think they give a flying one about what us fans want tbh, Guidolins name was sung virtually throughout the game and they still pulled the plug, they see themselves as untouchable so we all need to forget their words about them wanting to maintain close links with the fans, its all just pure gobshite.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:56 - Oct 3 with 1913 viewsphact0rri

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:29 - Oct 3 by Glyn1

You're not a Yank if you're from south of the Mason-Dixon Line or west of the Great Lakes - so Tummer from Texas isn't one, for instance.

Otherwise I agree with you 1000%.

:D so your defence is "nu'uh 'MERICA! F**K YEAH!"

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:06 - Oct 3 with 1886 viewsRevJames

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 16:16 - Oct 3 by Borojack

What do you mean before its ruined

Fourth manager in 12 months
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:07 - Oct 3 with 1881 viewsjackportis

While u all loose your heads just calm down. Hj should stay as resigning makes him non accountable for his actions. The team needed something to happen and this call was made. It's quite refreshing not to see the same old premier managers being recycled from club to club. The team will get results and all will b good. There must be a huge commercial market in the states aswell.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:11 - Oct 3 with 1853 viewselevan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:48 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

Well he doesn't seem to know how to get results in the French second division let alone the Premier League.

He was literally 1 goal away from promotion last year.

If they'd won 6-0 instead of 5-0 on the last day, he'd be a Ligue 1 manager right now.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:16]
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 1840 viewsWingstandwood

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:07 - Oct 3 by jackportis

While u all loose your heads just calm down. Hj should stay as resigning makes him non accountable for his actions. The team needed something to happen and this call was made. It's quite refreshing not to see the same old premier managers being recycled from club to club. The team will get results and all will b good. There must be a huge commercial market in the states aswell.

I disagree with one or two things there but nevertheless you've earned my utmost admiration and respect for way you criticised (for being totally unfunny!) Morcambe And Wise i.e. two over-hyped national treasures. I have been a fan you since than despite your limited posting activity.

Can you remember the way you/myself joined forces on that thread topic?

Argus!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:13 - Oct 3 with 1831 viewsRevJames

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:07 - Oct 3 by jackportis

Accountable to who exactly?

Someone recently posted "CEOs are only as good as their last 12 months....."
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:15 - Oct 3 with 1811 viewsSmellyplumz

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:41 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

No one is arguing this, and its the reason Bradley took a job in Ligue 2. He's been up for multiple PL jobs before, but no one took the chance.

I'm just offering you the American perspective of this. "Soccer" players in the US understand from the minute they start playing that they will have a much harder chance of growing their skills and getting a chance to test their ability than a player from Europe because they are American. Every single American who manages to play in a major European League has been seen here as reaching the pinnacle of the sport. The road is similar for a manager.

American Press is already calling Bradley's hiring a "Landmark moment in the history of United States Soccer"

I wanted Bradley to get a major job, but the idea that the two things I want most: Swansea becoming a top 8 side in the Premier League that can win a Championship, and for Football in the US To be internationally respected and admired becoming linked together is frightening to me.

Let's get one thing straight, it's not soccer is football just like baseball isn't rounders. Damn Yankees.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 1799 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:11 - Oct 3 by elevan

If they'd won 6-0 instead of 5-0 on the last day, he'd be a Ligue 1 manager right now.

Fûck me - really? From the French second division?

That changes everything...
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 1786 viewsmax936

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:13 - Oct 3 by RevJames

Accountable to who exactly?

Someone recently posted "CEOs are only as good as their last 12 months....."

That's Jenkins fuked then, MBE or no MBE he can't dine out on that one anymore.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:18 - Oct 3 with 1778 viewslondonlisa2001

That's sort of the difference between getting results and not getting results isn't it.

The French top division is a class below the premier league anyway (as we've found out to our cost in the past season or so).
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:20 - Oct 3 with 1758 viewsstAteSwan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:47 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

Sorry mate, weren't having ago, my post comes across as blunt. I'm actually quite interested in the development of the game in the states. I would be watching with interest if another club had made this move. Personally I would rather watch it from a far than it happen here because of the risk associated with the move, but he's here now, so have a front row seat. Do you think, given it's seen as a landmark move, that this will boost the profile of the Swans over there?

No worries, I never assumed you were really doing that.

Do I believe that it will boost the Swans profile over here? Yes. I actually got an alert on my phone this morning that this has happened, and I don't have it set to provide me with Swansea alerts. If you follow the American writers on Twitter, every single one of them is talking about this. The international break is going to help as well. US National Team has two friendlies coming up in the next week, and you can almost guarantee this will be a big topic of conversation during the pre match and halftime discussions.

Another thing is that NBC in the US retains the right to select one of the 9am/3pm match starts on Saturday for television here. Swansea almost never gets selected for that match, as it usually goes to one of the Big 6 clubs. With this hiring, I am fairly certain you will end up seeing more of the Swans on TV here in the states. Bradley's also great about giving exclusive access and interviews to reporters here, so we'll get an extra boost there.

I think Bradley is a good manager, but it's a massive gamble. One that I would prefer West Brom taking, not Swansea.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:22 - Oct 3 with 1746 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:20 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

Do I believe that it will boost the Swans profile over here? Yes. I actually got an alert on my phone this morning that this has happened, and I don't have it set to provide me with Swansea alerts. If you follow the American writers on Twitter, every single one of them is talking about this. The international break is going to help as well. US National Team has two friendlies coming up in the next week, and you can almost guarantee this will be a big topic of conversation during the pre match and halftime discussions.

Another thing is that NBC in the US retains the right to select one of the 9am/3pm match starts on Saturday for television here. Swansea almost never gets selected for that match, as it usually goes to one of the Big 6 clubs. With this hiring, I am fairly certain you will end up seeing more of the Swans on TV here in the states. Bradley's also great about giving exclusive access and interviews to reporters here, so we'll get an extra boost there.

I think Bradley is a good manager, but it's a massive gamble. One that I would prefer West Brom taking, not Swansea.

Did you see me on NBC Saturday stAte?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:22]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:59 - Oct 3 with 1686 viewsstAteSwan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:22 - Oct 3 by Darran

Did you see me on NBC Saturday stAte?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:22]

I wasn't exactly looking at the crowd shots. More concerned with what was happening on the pitch.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:05 - Oct 3 with 1675 viewsstAteSwan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:15 - Oct 3 by Smellyplumz

Let's get one thing straight, it's not soccer is football just like baseball isn't rounders. Damn Yankees.

To clarify. I will use Soccer in a few instances. The US version of the FA is known as US Soccer. I'm not going to call the organization "US Football" That would be incredibly confusing.

I generally use football, but as anyone who has grown up supporting the sport here in the states understand, you have to use both interchangeably because when the average American hears "Football" they think NFL. Bradley will use football...always has. Most of us when talking to other supporters use Football. But occasionally I slip. You'll have to forgive me.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:08 - Oct 3 with 1663 viewsmax936

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:59 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

I wasn't exactly looking at the crowd shots. More concerned with what was happening on the pitch.

You made the right choice there that's forsure.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:10 - Oct 3 with 1651 viewsjack247

Thank god they only won 5-0 then, we would never have been able to get him here if he was managing at the bottom of Ligue 1
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:10 - Oct 3 with 1651 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:59 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

Your loss.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:22 - Oct 3 with 1591 viewsNookiejack

Good luck Francesco you are an honourable man.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:24 - Oct 3 with 1583 viewsSmellyplumz

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:05 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

To clarify. I will use Soccer in a few instances. The US version of the FA is known as US Soccer. I'm not going to call the organization "US Football" That would be incredibly confusing.

I generally use football, but as anyone who has grown up supporting the sport here in the states understand, you have to use both interchangeably because when the average American hears "Football" they think NFL. Bradley will use football...always has. Most of us when talking to other supporters use Football. But occasionally I slip. You'll have to forgive me.

Ok cool, whats your favourite rounders team ,I love the oreos

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:25 - Oct 3 with 1577 viewsdobjack2

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:20 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

Sorry but I won't be watching the swans in the states and neither will the majority of swans supporters.

Do I think the exposure will generate hard cash - no unless they are looking to sell shares in the club (without voting rights) If we get relegated which is always a fair chance any year will anyone in the USA really care- few.

I'm still waiting to see the real reason why the new owners bought the club.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:26 - Oct 3 with 1573 viewsNookiejack

How many games will Bradley have to lose - before it is leaked to the press that he turned up late to training because he was watching the Super Bowl?
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:28 - Oct 3 with 1561 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:25 - Oct 3 by dobjack2

Sorry but I won't be watching the swans in the states and neither will the majority of swans supporters.

Do I think the exposure will generate hard cash - no unless they are looking to sell shares in the club (without voting rights) If we get relegated which is always a fair chance any year will anyone in the USA really care- few.

I'm still waiting to see the real reason why the new owners bought the club.

Hopefully, because they could see it was undervalued and took a punt on buying it and selling on to real investors in the next couple of years.

A more pragmatic view, is that they thought they would be able to cut costs, sell off big players and keep us up on the cheap, skimming a bit of the tv money every year in dividends
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 1536 viewsdobjack2

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:28 - Oct 3 by jack247

Hopefully, because they could see it was undervalued and took a punt on buying it and selling on to real investors in the next couple of years.

A more pragmatic view, is that they thought they would be able to cut costs, sell off big players and keep us up on the cheap, skimming a bit of the tv money every year in dividends

Both risky because of relegation. I would have thought that either of those would be the icing on the cake.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:40 - Oct 3 with 1851 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:28 - Oct 3 by jack247

Not saying it's an awful lot of money and it might change but we got rid of four members of staff today and are apparently only bringing in two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024