Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in 12:11 - Oct 3 with 47580 viewsjackjackjackjack

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 12:12]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:47 - Oct 3 with 1852 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:40 - Oct 3 by Darran

Not saying it's an awful lot of money and it might change but we got rid of four members of staff today and are apparently only bringing in two.

Forgive me, I'm not fully up to speed - who are the four out? I assume the two in are Bradley plus one other. Who?

Poll: Tory leader

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:50 - Oct 3 with 1837 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:47 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

Forgive me, I'm not fully up to speed - who are the four out? I assume the two in are Bradley plus one other. Who?

He hasn't named his assistant yet and FG had three coaches with him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:50 - Oct 3 with 1832 viewsphact0rri

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:47 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

Diego Bortoluzzi, Gabrielle Ambrosetti, and Claudio Bordon plus the Don o'course

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:52 - Oct 3 with 1822 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:50 - Oct 3 by phact0rri

Diego Bortoluzzi, Gabrielle Ambrosetti, and Claudio Bordon plus the Don o'course

Ta.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:52 - Oct 3 with 1820 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:52 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

Ta.

My pleasure.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:54 - Oct 3 with 1809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:00 - Oct 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

That's the problem

We used to expect something out of those games

Now we don't

Do you honestly think that Guidolin is responsible for that???

The people who sold a 15 goals a year attacking midfielder and the club captain and not adequately invested in the squad are the ones to blame. And not the Americans, Huw has f*cked up our recruitment for the last three years mate.

P.S. Leicester are the current league champios with bucketfuls of money to spend, Southampton have sold be always recruited well .

As for Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool - In truth the a lot of people I spoke to were fearing 3 batterings there. It could so easily have been one win, one draw and one defeat against three teams immeasurably stronger tha last season (amongst the top sides in Europe) whilst we are weak as a kitten with pneumonia thans to our recruitment.

To get so close to three superb results was incerdible , especially with the pressure being heaped on him from his bosses (via the press FFS). Guidolin had turned it around and now I fear all his good work will be undone and we'll be looking for a new manager again before Christmas.

I'm surprised you're thinking that way Tom to be honest, I really am.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:57 - Oct 3 with 1800 viewsJack_Kass

I live in the US these days, and am involved in the game as an occupation.

The amount of people that have come up to me today and wanted to talk about Swansea City, and Bob Bradley, has amused me.

There's a reason behind everything.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:21 - Oct 3 with 1733 viewsGaz_M

Our issues go back to when we lost Brendan Rodgers. Up to that point, we'd had 3 managers that took charge of the coaching side, and management/transfers - all fairly competent at it. Jackett, despite cock ups and a few relatively high profile overly high fees, brought in some superb players that would serve us well going up the leagues. Martinez was superb. Jason Scotland, Ashley Williams, Angel Rangel, Ferrie Bodde were all bought whilst we were in League One. Rodgers continued the trend and brought in top end Championship players (Borini and Sinclair) who would serve us well and took is up. Sousa just did nothing much for a season and f**ked off.

Bringing in Laudrup signalled the end of us doing transfers through the manager. Huw Jenkins appoints himself Director of Football and suddenly all transfers go through a panel similar to what Liverpool had during Rodgers' term there. Laudrup's initial few signings were clearly recommendations on his part; the likes of Michu, Hernandez, Chico Flores; all superb signings. The problems started when there's a bit of a rift in the camp seemingly between the British players and the Spanish. Bony and Federico Fernandez were later brought in by Huw Jenkins and it's at that point there's a quite obvious change in tact from thorough scouting for bargains, to over paying for 'good' but not exceptional players has been a f**king disaster truth be told. I should point out that Laudrup was absolutely the right appointment at the time. In terms of raising our profile, and the first batch of players that he brought in, it was a good time to be a Swans fan (a run in Europe, winning the League Cup).

Laudrup getting the boot can in large part be put down to poor backing from the board. He'd earned the right to one 'big signing' after the first season, but the board f**ked it up. Laudrup is (rightfully) sacked and Monk is appointed. Given the lack of experience, it's probably not a terrible idea that he doesn't do transfers. But Monk really shouldn't have been given it permanently, despite doing a fair job. Monk gets the boot, Guidolin is brought in. Two incredibly poor transfer windows, and two managers who are out of their depth. Garry Monk it was just too soon, Guidolin is too old.

So we're left with a squad that, 5 years on from promotion, is the worst we've had. :lol:

On the pitch, our football is unrecognisable. Martinez, Rodgers and to some extent Laudrup played a similar style of football. Attack, press high up the pitch, keep the ball. Too many changes in management and poor transfers have contributed to the change, but there's no doubt that Monk and Guidolin prefer a far more conservative style of player. Apart from City last week, Guidolin plays the archetypal Italian tactics. Solid defensively (which our team isn't cut out for at all), slow and measured going forward. I'm not sure why it's been allowed to happen in all honesty. It should be a requirement that anyone brought in plays in a certain way. It might sound ridiculous, but we were recognised and lauded for our good football. We'd built up an identity and were respected for it in most quarters.

Fitness levels, communication between him and the squad, and concerns over his health have contributed to the Iti's sacking, but Guidolin can't take all of the blame though. Despite the shite, defensive, boring tactics, the board has badly let down 3 managers.

Bob Bradley seems like an appalling appointment. I'll back him 110% and there's no point in me being negative about him. I just hope there's return to good football, and a manager given reign to bring in players. As opposed to the shite on both fronts we've got at present.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:21 - Oct 3 with 1730 viewsjackportis

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:12 - Oct 3 by Wingstandwood

I disagree with one or two things there but nevertheless you've earned my utmost admiration and respect for way you criticised (for being totally unfunny!) Morcambe And Wise i.e. two over-hyped national treasures. I have been a fan you since than despite your limited posting activity.

Can you remember the way you/myself joined forces on that thread topic?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:16]

Yes kind words thank you my friend. I do remember your support and as you say admiration of my posts. I do come on here all the time but consider myself a reader rather than a poster these days. Vic reeves is another one I heard someone say was a national treasure now.... Why?!

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:22 - Oct 3 with 1726 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:21 - Oct 3 by Gaz_M

Our issues go back to when we lost Brendan Rodgers. Up to that point, we'd had 3 managers that took charge of the coaching side, and management/transfers - all fairly competent at it. Jackett, despite cock ups and a few relatively high profile overly high fees, brought in some superb players that would serve us well going up the leagues. Martinez was superb. Jason Scotland, Ashley Williams, Angel Rangel, Ferrie Bodde were all bought whilst we were in League One. Rodgers continued the trend and brought in top end Championship players (Borini and Sinclair) who would serve us well and took is up. Sousa just did nothing much for a season and f**ked off.

Bringing in Laudrup signalled the end of us doing transfers through the manager. Huw Jenkins appoints himself Director of Football and suddenly all transfers go through a panel similar to what Liverpool had during Rodgers' term there. Laudrup's initial few signings were clearly recommendations on his part; the likes of Michu, Hernandez, Chico Flores; all superb signings. The problems started when there's a bit of a rift in the camp seemingly between the British players and the Spanish. Bony and Federico Fernandez were later brought in by Huw Jenkins and it's at that point there's a quite obvious change in tact from thorough scouting for bargains, to over paying for 'good' but not exceptional players has been a f**king disaster truth be told. I should point out that Laudrup was absolutely the right appointment at the time. In terms of raising our profile, and the first batch of players that he brought in, it was a good time to be a Swans fan (a run in Europe, winning the League Cup).

Laudrup getting the boot can in large part be put down to poor backing from the board. He'd earned the right to one 'big signing' after the first season, but the board f**ked it up. Laudrup is (rightfully) sacked and Monk is appointed. Given the lack of experience, it's probably not a terrible idea that he doesn't do transfers. But Monk really shouldn't have been given it permanently, despite doing a fair job. Monk gets the boot, Guidolin is brought in. Two incredibly poor transfer windows, and two managers who are out of their depth. Garry Monk it was just too soon, Guidolin is too old.

So we're left with a squad that, 5 years on from promotion, is the worst we've had. :lol:

On the pitch, our football is unrecognisable. Martinez, Rodgers and to some extent Laudrup played a similar style of football. Attack, press high up the pitch, keep the ball. Too many changes in management and poor transfers have contributed to the change, but there's no doubt that Monk and Guidolin prefer a far more conservative style of player. Apart from City last week, Guidolin plays the archetypal Italian tactics. Solid defensively (which our team isn't cut out for at all), slow and measured going forward. I'm not sure why it's been allowed to happen in all honesty. It should be a requirement that anyone brought in plays in a certain way. It might sound ridiculous, but we were recognised and lauded for our good football. We'd built up an identity and were respected for it in most quarters.

Fitness levels, communication between him and the squad, and concerns over his health have contributed to the Iti's sacking, but Guidolin can't take all of the blame though. Despite the shite, defensive, boring tactics, the board has badly let down 3 managers.

Bob Bradley seems like an appalling appointment. I'll back him 110% and there's no point in me being negative about him. I just hope there's return to good football, and a manager given reign to bring in players. As opposed to the shite on both fronts we've got at present.

Great post Murph.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:23 - Oct 3 with 1721 viewsGaz_M

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:22 - Oct 3 by Darran

Great post Murph.

Hope you're well Darraaaan.

Site is too cluttered with multiple threads about one topic/subject nowadays. Pain in the arse to read.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:26 - Oct 3 with 1696 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:23 - Oct 3 by Gaz_M

Hope you're well Darraaaan.

Site is too cluttered with multiple threads about one topic/subject nowadays. Pain in the arse to read.

I agree and the mods are shit.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:40 - Oct 3 with 1638 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 18:59 - Oct 3 by stAteSwan

I wasn't exactly looking at the crowd shots. More concerned with what was happening on the pitch.

Damn straight. You could have gone out on the town and found a better looking c*nt after the game.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:42 - Oct 3 with 1633 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:57 - Oct 3 by Jack_Kass

I live in the US these days, and am involved in the game as an occupation.

The amount of people that have come up to me today and wanted to talk about Swansea City, and Bob Bradley, has amused me.

There's a reason behind everything.

It's a really, really shit reason though.

Even as businessmen, they must see more value in ensuring we stay in the PL than trying to raise our profile in the States.

I'm sure you are right though, it's hardly an appointment based on football credentials
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:53 - Oct 3 with 1591 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:21 - Oct 3 by Gaz_M

Did Huw find and recruit Michu, Hernandez, Flores and loan Jonathan De Guzman? Or was that Laudrup and their agent Baryam Tutumulu?I think the latter.
I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong there Gaz.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:55 - Oct 3 with 1571 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 19:54 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Do you honestly think that Guidolin is responsible for that???

The people who sold a 15 goals a year attacking midfielder and the club captain and not adequately invested in the squad are the ones to blame. And not the Americans, Huw has f*cked up our recruitment for the last three years mate.

P.S. Leicester are the current league champios with bucketfuls of money to spend, Southampton have sold be always recruited well .

As for Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool - In truth the a lot of people I spoke to were fearing 3 batterings there. It could so easily have been one win, one draw and one defeat against three teams immeasurably stronger tha last season (amongst the top sides in Europe) whilst we are weak as a kitten with pneumonia thans to our recruitment.

To get so close to three superb results was incerdible , especially with the pressure being heaped on him from his bosses (via the press FFS). Guidolin had turned it around and now I fear all his good work will be undone and we'll be looking for a new manager again before Christmas.

I'm surprised you're thinking that way Tom to be honest, I really am.

He plays his right back at left back
His no 10 left wing
No pace
No energy
Players blowing out of their arses after 60 minutes

Not for me Bryn

He's f@cking blown it
He shouldn't have been given the job .
Ashleigh mr swansea Williams couldn't wait to get the f@ck out of the club

As for Ayew he loves the $$.

Players are good enough ,manager fell short .

Bob bradly is a wild decision which has nothing to do with Jenkins

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:01 - Oct 3 with 1538 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:55 - Oct 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

His no 10 left wing
No pace
No energy

Not for me Bryn

He's f@cking blown it

He played the cards he was left with , after having half the deck burned for him by the club.
If you don't provide funds to replace Rangel and Leon who are in their thirties well no wonder they're blowing out of their arses.

As for Siggurdsson, he's shown nothing all season long. How the f*ck he escapes criticism is beyond me.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:07 - Oct 3 with 1512 viewsTNT

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:42 - Oct 3 by jack247

It's a really, really shit reason though.

Even as businessmen, they must see more value in ensuring we stay in the PL than trying to raise our profile in the States.

I'm sure you are right though, it's hardly an appointment based on football credentials

Smacks of cronyism.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:09 - Oct 3 with 1496 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:55 - Oct 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

His no 10 left wing
No pace
No energy

Not for me Bryn

He's f@cking blown it

Ok I'll ask you, if we could rewind the the Man City cup game and change Guido for Bradley - what do you reckon the results of the four games would have been?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:11 - Oct 3 with 1493 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:01 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

He played the cards he was left with , after having half the deck burned for him by the club.
If you don't provide funds to replace Rangel and Leon who are in their thirties well no wonder they're blowing out of their arses.

As for Siggurdsson, he's shown nothing all season long. How the f*ck he escapes criticism is beyond me.

He has a left back
He has a right back

Rangel is a good back up
Now he's in the first 11 because he can't get his players performing every week .

Siggy is out of form , they are all out of form and f@cked after an hour .

So who's fault is that ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:12 - Oct 3 with 1487 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:11 - Oct 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

He has a left back
He has a right back

Rangel is a good back up
Now he's in the first 11 because he can't get his players performing every week .

Siggy is out of form , they are all out of form and f@cked after an hour .

So who's fault is that ?

Give it up Tommy, you got what you wanted. Let's hope Bob can do better
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:13 - Oct 3 with 1476 viewsLeonisGod

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 20:53 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Did Huw find and recruit Michu, Hernandez, Flores and loan Jonathan De Guzman? Or was that Laudrup and their agent Baryam Tutumulu?I think the latter.
I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong there Gaz.

He's saying they were Laudrups, and probably close to his last. Mind you, i suspect Cañas and Poz were too and they didn't work out too well. But we've certainly had a pile of shoite since.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:13 - Oct 3 with 1477 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:12 - Oct 3 by jack247

Give it up Tommy, you got what you wanted. Let's hope Bob can do better

Innit. FFS

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:17 - Oct 3 with 1453 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:09 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Ok I'll ask you, if we could rewind the the Man City cup game and change Guido for Bradley - what do you reckon the results of the four games would have been?

He'd certainly not have Neil Taylor taking corners and Naughton ambling down the right wing .

You want to see an average team play with pride & energy against Man City then I'd refer you to Celtic football club .

Bang average in every way plausible

But run all day full of energy for 90 minutes , players knowing what their job is .

Guido doesn't even know what his best team is

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:22 - Oct 3 with 2109 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:17 - Oct 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

He'd certainly not have Neil Taylor taking corners and Naughton ambling down the right wing .

You want to see an average team play with pride & energy against Man City then I'd refer you to Celtic football club .

Bang average in every way plausible

But run all day full of energy for 90 minutes , players knowing what their job is .

Guido doesn't even know what his best team is

I'm not sure we have a best team currently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024