Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David McIntyre on Holloway 14:28 - Nov 15 with 3696 viewsNov77

Interesting piece, worth a read

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-take-rose-tinted-glasses-off-hol

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

David McIntyre on Holloway on 14:51 - Nov 15 with 3589 viewsTacticalR

I would say that is more than interesting. In fact it looks as though McIntyre has set himself the task of completely demolishing most of the sacred myths of the Holloway (& Paladini) era.

Air hostess clique

David McIntyre on Holloway on 15:04 - Nov 15 with 3523 viewsDorse

Really interesting perspective on the situation. Not sure whether I need to cancel the fatwah I put on Paladini.

Edit - Players You Forgot Existed Number 6821: Tony Thorpe
[Post edited 15 Nov 2016 15:05]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

David McIntyre on Holloway on 15:14 - Nov 15 with 3470 viewsToast_R

I'd never really thought of it like that as in the spending prowess of QPR in League 1 (Div 2).
The club was always mooted as completely skint on the cusp of re entering administration and in dire need of investors.
If what is said is true in this article, it's no wonder Ron Noades copt the hump with QPR playing the transfer market whilst supposedly in administration.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 16:13 - Nov 15 with 3284 viewsdaveB

David McIntyre on Holloway on 15:14 - Nov 15 by Toast_R

I'd never really thought of it like that as in the spending prowess of QPR in League 1 (Div 2).
The club was always mooted as completely skint on the cusp of re entering administration and in dire need of investors.
If what is said is true in this article, it's no wonder Ron Noades copt the hump with QPR playing the transfer market whilst supposedly in administration.

a lot gets made of the bucket collection, the club talked about spending it on disabled facilities at a fans forum but fans shouted that down and said give it to Holloway to sign Cureton which is where the money went.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 19:15 - Nov 15 with 2851 viewsBoston

David McIntyre on Holloway on 16:13 - Nov 15 by daveB

a lot gets made of the bucket collection, the club talked about spending it on disabled facilities at a fans forum but fans shouted that down and said give it to Holloway to sign Cureton which is where the money went.

We learned from our mistake and moved on to buy disabled players.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

David McIntyre on Holloway on 19:21 - Nov 15 with 2828 viewsDufster

Have said on a few occasions in the past there should be a place on the current Board for Billy Power - He understands the club and the fans in equal measure!

As quoted by DM in this article:

6 Nov
Matt Winton @mattwinton1
Had to sack JFH. Think Sherwood would fail to as well if appointed. The track record proves QPR is almost an impossible job.

Bill Power
@williamcpower
@mattwinton1 it's not Matt, but it has to be someone who knows and understands our club and when I say club I mean our fans too.
6:53 AM - 6 Nov 2016
2 Retweets 3 likes

Matt Winton
@mattwinton1
Restore some passion & pride ✅
Knows what QPR fans want to watch✅
Great track record working with attacking players ✅
No brainier: Ollie ✅
3:20 PM - 10 Nov 2016
6 Retweets 33 likes

I Say!

David McIntyre on Holloway on 22:53 - Nov 15 with 2474 viewsBoston

I'm voting you up there Mr Dufster, for some reason or other I found your post particularly encouraging.

David McIntyre on Holloway on 22:58 - Nov 15 with 2463 viewswombat

David McIntyre on Holloway on 19:21 - Nov 15 by Dufster

Have said on a few occasions in the past there should be a place on the current Board for Billy Power - He understands the club and the fans in equal measure!

As quoted by DM in this article:

6 Nov
Matt Winton @mattwinton1
Had to sack JFH. Think Sherwood would fail to as well if appointed. The track record proves QPR is almost an impossible job.

Bill Power
@williamcpower
@mattwinton1 it's not Matt, but it has to be someone who knows and understands our club and when I say club I mean our fans too.
6:53 AM - 6 Nov 2016
2 Retweets 3 likes

Matt Winton
@mattwinton1
Restore some passion & pride ✅
Knows what QPR fans want to watch✅
Great track record working with attacking players ✅
No brainier: Ollie ✅
3:20 PM - 10 Nov 2016
6 Retweets 33 likes

He wouldn't want it . He's barely been to a game at LR since he left and him and mark devlin has I the plane crash , mark does come back to see games as a fan bill won't

I tresting piece by Dave about the paladini years and Ollie. Esp about Diaz coming into replace him
I saw something first hand with the singing waiter which is a different interpretation of how Dave' Mc sees it

Also no mention of one of GPS backers being a certain Monaco based royal who wanted to be kept in the background and never actually put any money in and thus doing so nearly put the club out of excistence just before an AGM even when he had promised to put a large amount into the club to keep us solvent

Do remember hearing one phone call about players GP liked , did anyone go to a pre season game at Bristol rovers when Ollie was here ? A trialist came on called Jesus who shall we say was bad very very very bad , GP wanted to sign him on a 3 deal after the game he could barely kick a ball he was that bad , yet GP wanted him on a 3 deal for some reason

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

David McIntyre on Holloway on 23:23 - Nov 15 with 2416 viewskensalriser

Was the lad Jesus a goalkeeper by any chance?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

David McIntyre on Holloway on 23:31 - Nov 15 with 2405 viewsLythamR

Good article. Pretty sure everyone who walked to Griffin Park knew we were raising money to buy Cureton.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 00:19 - Nov 16 with 2337 viewstimcocking

I found it an odd article. Wasn't it basically undermining Ian Holloway and saying how he isn't all that? Didn't seem to be achieving any positive.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 00:53 - Nov 16 with 2303 viewsBoston

David McIntyre on Holloway on 23:23 - Nov 15 by kensalriser

Was the lad Jesus a goalkeeper by any chance?

....signed for the Saints when they saw how he could cross.

David McIntyre on Holloway on 08:44 - Nov 16 with 2069 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's an interesting time for him to be bringing up new information.

I can't decide if it's a love letter to Holloway or a hatchet swathed in silk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

David McIntyre on Holloway on 09:17 - Nov 16 with 2014 viewsdanehoop

David McIntyre on Holloway on 08:44 - Nov 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it was McIntyre choosing to give a neutral viewpoint on Ollie, looking to separate some of the myth from the facts (as he saw them). Overall it felt like a sober, but respectful article about Ollie, I took away that he felt that whilst Ollie loves QPR, he isn't necessarily the messiah because of that, but he does qualify as a credible candidate to be manager.

Never knowingly understood

David McIntyre on Holloway on 09:36 - Nov 16 with 1984 viewsdaveB

I think it's a pretty fair appraisal of his first spell and for Dave is was quite positive about what happens next. He wrote a similar piece when Holloway got the job in 2001
David McIntyre on Holloway on 09:49 - Nov 16 with 1956 viewsMaggsinho

Dave's reading.

David McIntyre on Holloway on 10:29 - Nov 16 with 1878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, people.

I suppose it would have been more accurate if I said that some of it was new info to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

David McIntyre on Holloway on 12:09 - Nov 16 with 1751 viewsAntti_Heinola

Also, we have to remember this is all Dave's viewpoint based on his own knowledge, but also what he's been told, and where his prejudices lie. That's not saying he's wrong or a liar, but as he hints at, you could ask 100 people 'in the know' about Paladini and Ollie and get about 100 different versions of 'the truth'.

I think Dave's done a great job. As usual with things like this, there's a medium to be found. Ollie wasn't a messiah, but neither was he 'Hollowhead.' Paladini was certainly not quite the devil incarnate some painted him as, but neither was he the God other fans held him up to be.

Bare bones.

David McIntyre on Holloway on 13:18 - Nov 16 with 1649 viewsHunterhoop

David McIntyre on Holloway on 12:09 - Nov 16 by Antti_Heinola

Also, we have to remember this is all Dave's viewpoint based on his own knowledge, but also what he's been told, and where his prejudices lie. That's not saying he's wrong or a liar, but as he hints at, you could ask 100 people 'in the know' about Paladini and Ollie and get about 100 different versions of 'the truth'.

I think Dave's done a great job. As usual with things like this, there's a medium to be found. Ollie wasn't a messiah, but neither was he 'Hollowhead.' Paladini was certainly not quite the devil incarnate some painted him as, but neither was he the God other fans held him up to be.

I can't stand Paladini.

Not because he's the devil incarnate; he simply wasn't smart enough for that. But because he was grossly incompetent, driven by the wrong motivations, had zero integrity (changing what he said and did to protect himself, regardless of what it meant for others), and absolutely did want Holloway out early. He also never repaid that £60k Director's loan, I believe. Certainly the accounts for a couple of years after he left never showed it. And worst of all, he deliberately split the fanbase (part of doing stuff for his own means).

I remember on here and in pubs on matchday at the time, even away games, you'd have an entirely untrue "pro-Paladini" story about how he saved the club in the week, how we were about to sign someone amazing, how Diaz was coming and we should be so grateful...it was pathetic. We're a football club not a political party. It was simply his way of controlling a chunk of the fans to keep him in power. It was so transparent and so few realised they were being used.

Anyway, about this article.
1) I think, on balance, it's a little harsh on Holloway. Not quite a hatchet job, but more critical and less positive than his first tenure warranted. The job he did in his first full season is completely ignored even though we certainly did not spend lavishly that season! He also fails to acknowledge Holloway certainly didn't spend lavishly in his first season back in the Championship, when we were excellent.
2) it's far too generous to Paladini. I think David is politely handling different factions and different sources of information here rather than picking sides, for his own benefit. David likes to be obtuse and is uselessly justified in being so, and the truth isn't what it seems often. But I simply don't agree with that re-telling of the Diaz affair. But that's just my view.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 13:53 - Nov 16 with 1599 viewsNorthernr

David McIntyre on Holloway on 13:18 - Nov 16 by Hunterhoop

I can't stand Paladini.

Not because he's the devil incarnate; he simply wasn't smart enough for that. But because he was grossly incompetent, driven by the wrong motivations, had zero integrity (changing what he said and did to protect himself, regardless of what it meant for others), and absolutely did want Holloway out early. He also never repaid that £60k Director's loan, I believe. Certainly the accounts for a couple of years after he left never showed it. And worst of all, he deliberately split the fanbase (part of doing stuff for his own means).

I remember on here and in pubs on matchday at the time, even away games, you'd have an entirely untrue "pro-Paladini" story about how he saved the club in the week, how we were about to sign someone amazing, how Diaz was coming and we should be so grateful...it was pathetic. We're a football club not a political party. It was simply his way of controlling a chunk of the fans to keep him in power. It was so transparent and so few realised they were being used.

Anyway, about this article.
1) I think, on balance, it's a little harsh on Holloway. Not quite a hatchet job, but more critical and less positive than his first tenure warranted. The job he did in his first full season is completely ignored even though we certainly did not spend lavishly that season! He also fails to acknowledge Holloway certainly didn't spend lavishly in his first season back in the Championship, when we were excellent.
2) it's far too generous to Paladini. I think David is politely handling different factions and different sources of information here rather than picking sides, for his own benefit. David likes to be obtuse and is uselessly justified in being so, and the truth isn't what it seems often. But I simply don't agree with that re-telling of the Diaz affair. But that's just my view.

Or they realised but didn't care, because they got all the access, freebies, taxis to away grounds on expenses etc. And why would they care? They hadn't been around the club much before, and in the main have barely been seen since.
David McIntyre on Holloway on 14:11 - Nov 16 with 1558 viewsHunterhoop

David McIntyre on Holloway on 13:53 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Or they realised but didn't care, because they got all the access, freebies, taxis to away grounds on expenses etc. And why would they care? They hadn't been around the club much before, and in the main have barely been seen since.

Mixture of two, I think. Some didn't care and liked it, some were taken in by it/believed it unwittingly.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024