Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucketti quits 22:38 - Jan 14 with 42532 viewsfitzochris

News emerging...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 22:38]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lucketti quits on 15:55 - Jan 19 with 2417 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lucketti quits on 15:50 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

Sorry, I stopped reading after you claimed Forest Green were incredibly well ran. They are bankrolled by Dale Vince and are in more debt than Bury. Probably one of the least sustainable clubs in the country.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 15:51]

I'll take that as read then that you couldn't address the other points of facts about bury.

It's s*it when the writing is on the wall.

I hear that the "open-mic" element of the Chur's presentation has been removed and only pre-submitted questions will be answered.

Why would that be?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lucketti quits on 15:58 - Jan 19 with 2401 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 15:55 - Jan 19 by RAFCBLUE

I'll take that as read then that you couldn't address the other points of facts about bury.

It's s*it when the writing is on the wall.

I hear that the "open-mic" element of the Chur's presentation has been removed and only pre-submitted questions will be answered.

Why would that be?

Because he doesn't want people asking questions he doesn't want to answer I imagine. I guess Dale fans would have been able to prevent this roles reveresed, of course.
Lucketti quits on 16:06 - Jan 19 with 2364 viewsjudd

Forest Green Rovers chairman is worth an estimated £100 million. I think he is good for a few bob in underwriting their losses, which, as RAFCBlue has said, have started to turn in the right direction - significantly so.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lucketti quits on 16:18 - Jan 19 with 2322 viewsceme_ender

Lads and lasses, you are a very strange bunch, you are sat five or six points from safety with an unsackable manager on a five year deal, who speaks of dale fans like shit he has on his shoe, drives about in Aston Martin and takes a cut of all transfers while playing as bad a football as you have in last 15 years, including eyre and Coleman. Have just lost one of only two good players left in your squad and you are all more bothered about a fans forum at gigg! What will you all do when we go bust.
Lucketti quits on 16:19 - Jan 19 with 2320 viewsBURYFC_1885

Look, I don't want to pick fights.

What irks myself and other Bury fans which leads to petty arguments, is the arrogance that Rochdale fans would so certianly be able to run a Stewart Day type or similar out of their club. Coupled with this is the ignorance that Bury fans seemingly are blind to what is happening at the club. We are aware as you lot believe it or not.

Until you've been in the situation under a chairmanship like we are currently experiencing you cannot claim it so easy. Because it isn't. Simply 'talking' to them via the Dale Trust just wouldn't work.

Rochdale clearly are a well ran club, and I wish them no ill. Sustainability absolutely is the way forward for ALL lower league clubs, income against expenditure is crazy these days. The only way to survive long term is to be sustainable. Hartlepool are under threat now, it will be Bury next.. who knows after that.

I apologise if I have stooped to petty tit for tat however it is quite frustrating reading comments from certain members on here about supposedly how easy it would be to rid a bad chairman if roles were reversed. Hopefully Rochdale never experience a similar ownership, however it would be interesting to see if Rochdale fans had the effect they claim they would.

It's arrogance and ignorance at the same time, it's laughable in the eyes of many Bury fans.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 20:35]
Lucketti quits on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 2211 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 16:19 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

What irks myself and other Bury fans which leads to petty arguments, is the arrogance that Rochdale fans would so certianly be able to run a Stewart Day type or similar out of their club. Coupled with this is the ignorance that Bury fans seemingly are blind to what is happening at the club. We are aware as you lot believe it or not.

Until you've been in the situation under a chairmanship like we are currently experiencing you cannot claim it so easy. Because it isn't. Simply 'talking' to them via the Dale Trust just wouldn't work.

Rochdale clearly are a well ran club, and I wish them no ill. Sustainability absolutely is the way forward for ALL lower league clubs, income against expenditure is crazy these days. The only way to survive long term is to be sustainable. Hartlepool are under threat now, it will be Bury next.. who knows after that.

I apologise if I have stooped to petty tit for tat however it is quite frustrating reading comments from certain members on here about supposedly how easy it would be to rid a bad chairman if roles were reversed. Hopefully Rochdale never experience a similar ownership, however it would be interesting to see if Rochdale fans had the effect they claim they would.

It's arrogance and ignorance at the same time, it's laughable in the eyes of many Bury fans.

Happy to help.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lucketti quits on 17:10 - Jan 19 with 2202 viewsjudd

Lucketti quits on 16:19 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

OUTSIDE, NOW!!!!

In all seriousness, and not on the same scale as Day, but we did have a rotten chairman several years ago and he was got rid of by a fans initiative, leading to the creation of the more forward looking boards that we have had for the intervening 30 years or so. There was one charlatan that wormed his way into the affections of one of these newer boards, and again was outed by fans as TVOS has mentioned previously.

Lucketti quits on 17:22 - Jan 19 with 2166 viewskiwidale

Lucketti quits on 17:10 - Jan 19 by judd

OUTSIDE, NOW!!!!

In all seriousness, and not on the same scale as Day, but we did have a rotten chairman several years ago and he was got rid of by a fans initiative, leading to the creation of the more forward looking boards that we have had for the intervening 30 years or so. There was one charlatan that wormed his way into the affections of one of these newer boards, and again was outed by fans as TVOS has mentioned previously.

you are correct in what you say Judd but its the scale of things that cant be compared also we had good men on the old board that recognised and acted upon what the fans saw. Forever Bury simply could not do any more than what they did to prevent what Day has done its easy to forget that Bury were in dire straights when Day rode into town their only option was to take him on face value or fold.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Lucketti quits on 17:23 - Jan 19 with 2164 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 16:18 - Jan 19 by ceme_ender

Lads and lasses, you are a very strange bunch, you are sat five or six points from safety with an unsackable manager on a five year deal, who speaks of dale fans like shit he has on his shoe, drives about in Aston Martin and takes a cut of all transfers while playing as bad a football as you have in last 15 years, including eyre and Coleman. Have just lost one of only two good players left in your squad and you are all more bothered about a fans forum at gigg! What will you all do when we go bust.

Laugh, probably.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lucketti quits on 17:29 - Jan 19 with 2151 viewsjudd

Lucketti quits on 17:22 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

you are correct in what you say Judd but its the scale of things that cant be compared also we had good men on the old board that recognised and acted upon what the fans saw. Forever Bury simply could not do any more than what they did to prevent what Day has done its easy to forget that Bury were in dire straights when Day rode into town their only option was to take him on face value or fold.

As I said, not on the same scale, but it was acted upon with Cannon when he tried to force through whatever motion it was giving him major control, only to be told the shares he thought were his were in his wife's name.

I would need to look back at the FB/ SOS trust shareholding, but Day took these like ticket money from a pop hungry bury public. When Cannon tried to gain excessive control similarly here, he was stopped. By a fan.

Lucketti quits on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 2139 viewsjudd

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/124182/tommy-cannon/

Lucketti quits on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 2139 viewsdingdangblue

Lucketti quits on 15:17 - Jan 19 by judd

That was a mayor, wasn't it?

The Mayor (not Danny) sang 'my kind of town' ?
It was the dj (not Sweetmore) over the tannoy playing 'we are the champions' .............of 3rd place 😉
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 17:53]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lucketti quits on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 2132 viewsfinberty

- you are a very strange bunch - agreed;

- you are sat five or six points from safety - that's a fact, although 'sitting' is more grammatically correct;

- with an unsackable manager on a five year deal - technically I think he is sackable;

- speaks of dale fans like shit he has on his shoe - he has his moments, but don't we all?

- drives about in Aston Martin - I didn't know that. Who's obsessed here?

- takes a cut of all transfers - agreed under contractual terms perhaps?

- while playing as bad a football as you have in last 15 years - it's not been great, admittedly;

- including eyre and Coleman - that is an outrageous slur;

- just lost one of only two good players left in your squad - a good line, alas not evidence-based;

- and you are all more bothered about a fans forum at gigg! Actually I'm not but some bury types keep coming on here about it.

- What will you all do when we go bust. I think I'd be sorry for the decent bury fans.
Lucketti quits on 18:05 - Jan 19 with 2085 viewsMoonyDale

And yet with all that we still sit above you, oh the irony...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Lucketti quits on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 2047 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 17:22 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

These simple questions were posted earlier in the thread (apologies if I missed the answer!):

Where are the examples of Forever Bury's questions on behalf of supporters with responses/no comments? They may be out there and that's why it was asked.

Yes, there have been personal accounts of forums etc on a messageboard but as a voice of supporters, where is the official stance of Forever Bury on the situation?

-------

To clarify, if we can be pointed towards the official position of Forever Bury as we stand at present, that would help us understand how difficult it must be for them. Presumably there is such a statement that has been available in the public domain and their plans moving forward with a series of questions they/their members have asked with answers/no responses recorded. Is it available on their website, if not are there official statements somewhere which would help us all appreciate how hard it has been for them?

Such a simple course of action would illustrate that, yes, Forever Bury could do little more than they are doing/have done. Maybe once we see this we could assist with ideas or what the next move could be.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lucketti quits on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 2040 viewsceme_ender

Lucketti quits on 18:05 - Jan 19 by MoonyDale

And yet with all that we still sit above you, oh the irony...

Easily pleased.
Lucketti quits on 18:49 - Jan 19 with 2005 viewsTTNYear

It’s quite simple, is it fair that a team which is clearly bending the financial fair play to past breaking point, (let’s face it they have broken them) to the detriment of other teams who may have lost to, in the form of points or even league status, whilst they field players they can ill afford?

Is that short enough for you our shaker chum?

All in all though we shouldn’t be badgering short sighted fans it’s the authorities that are letting this happen.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Lucketti quits on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 1973 viewskel

Does marking down my post pointing out your hypocrisy count as a response or not?

To R11 obv
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 19:02]
Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 19 with 1956 viewskiwidale

Lucketti quits on 17:29 - Jan 19 by judd

As I said, not on the same scale, but it was acted upon with Cannon when he tried to force through whatever motion it was giving him major control, only to be told the shares he thought were his were in his wife's name.

I would need to look back at the FB/ SOS trust shareholding, but Day took these like ticket money from a pop hungry bury public. When Cannon tried to gain excessive control similarly here, he was stopped. By a fan.

I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said you will know far more than me about the Cannon era and probably will know more than me about the current Bury debacle. I haven't read the link you have posted yet but thanks for posting it. So a question would it matter if the shares were in Cannons wife's name or his? fair play to the lad who questioned Cannon at the fans meeting I'm not taking anything away from what the and other fans did but we should also be forever grateful for Killpatrick and Morris among others for stumping up the 250000 pounds to pay Cannon off surely they are the ones who really saved the club. I reckon if forever Bury or anyone offered Day 250000 pounds to do one leaving the debts behind he would snatch their hands off.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 19:07]

This is not the time for bickering.

Lucketti quits on 19:13 - Jan 19 with 1929 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 19:01 - Jan 19 by kel

Does marking down my post pointing out your hypocrisy count as a response or not?

To R11 obv
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 19:02]

I thought he’d flounced off last night!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lucketti quits on 19:20 - Jan 19 with 1911 viewskel

Indeed, in fact it must have just been a complete coincidence he logged in only minutes after my post this morning. Very odd for someone who said “It must really grate on them that i/we couldn't really give a toss about Rochdale AFC”

I couldn’t give a toss about Alfreton so therefore don’t read their forum.
Lucketti quits on 19:48 - Jan 19 with 1851 viewsR11BFC

Edit: Sorry i missed quoting you kel...the below is in answer to your post:

To R11 obv

I was correcting you - it was 2, not 1 person gloating (sad) and it wasnt on this forum it was on our forum...so correcting you again. In addition, 'tossers' was just a flippant banter comment...dont take it to heart.

Here was my post for clarity:

I see our little bitter and twisted younger brother has sunk to a new low:

"Delighted"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/214312/beckford-out-for-th

At least there are some sane ones on there...but deary me. Plus, the concentration levels they have to use in making sure they type Bury as bury, must be quite incredible.

Fair play, the Bucket Shakers or Giggle Lane are mildly amusing, but Bury with a small 'b'...how lame is that?! Tossers - with a capital 'T'.

On this thread, which i stand by:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/30769-beckford-out-for-the-season/&

So well done for baiting me back!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 20:10]

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Lucketti quits on 19:54 - Jan 19 with 1833 viewsMoonyDale

Lucketti quits on 18:33 - Jan 19 by ceme_ender

Easily pleased.

Easily amused

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Lucketti quits on 20:01 - Jan 19 with 1815 viewskel

Lucketti quits on 19:48 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

Edit: Sorry i missed quoting you kel...the below is in answer to your post:

To R11 obv

I was correcting you - it was 2, not 1 person gloating (sad) and it wasnt on this forum it was on our forum...so correcting you again. In addition, 'tossers' was just a flippant banter comment...dont take it to heart.

Here was my post for clarity:

I see our little bitter and twisted younger brother has sunk to a new low:

"Delighted"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/214312/beckford-out-for-th

At least there are some sane ones on there...but deary me. Plus, the concentration levels they have to use in making sure they type Bury as bury, must be quite incredible.

Fair play, the Bucket Shakers or Giggle Lane are mildly amusing, but Bury with a small 'b'...how lame is that?! Tossers - with a capital 'T'.

On this thread, which i stand by:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/30769-beckford-out-for-the-season/&

So well done for baiting me back!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 20:10]

I don’t take anything written on forums to heart, I leave that to the more delicate members/past members on here.

I have a habit of getting people to bite so I knew you would if I pushed the right buttons
Lucketti quits on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 1803 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 18:27 - Jan 19 by 442Dale

These simple questions were posted earlier in the thread (apologies if I missed the answer!):

Where are the examples of Forever Bury's questions on behalf of supporters with responses/no comments? They may be out there and that's why it was asked.

Yes, there have been personal accounts of forums etc on a messageboard but as a voice of supporters, where is the official stance of Forever Bury on the situation?

-------

To clarify, if we can be pointed towards the official position of Forever Bury as we stand at present, that would help us understand how difficult it must be for them. Presumably there is such a statement that has been available in the public domain and their plans moving forward with a series of questions they/their members have asked with answers/no responses recorded. Is it available on their website, if not are there official statements somewhere which would help us all appreciate how hard it has been for them?

Such a simple course of action would illustrate that, yes, Forever Bury could do little more than they are doing/have done. Maybe once we see this we could assist with ideas or what the next move could be.

Without reading all your post 442...the deal was that any questions and answers, could only be shared with FB members. They get passed around to non members anyway(!) but more privately rather than on our MB.

I dont disagree with what you're saying btw, but that was the deal. So do you take it or leave it? Then it's just down to personal opinion.

FWIW following your post, i've posted this on our MB, as Forever Bury are a bit too quiet on the Fans Forum for my liking:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/31073-forever-bury-where-are-you/

Here's another idea, can we all not get along a bit better, yes we're football rivals, but as supporters of lower league football and northern(!) we have more in common, than divides us.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024