Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheating Convicts 20:16 - Mar 24 with 17269 viewsDaley_Lama

Opening batsman caught red handed. Aussie Captain admits he knew about it and it was planned by the team leadership team.

Having been caught red handed, they have admitted the above. Their penitance is awesome.

Bancroft has said he will deal with the damage to his reputation. (Well, there’s nothing other thsn that that you can do)
Bancroft has said he regrets he did it (because he was caught)
He also admits to shoving the tape down his fronts (because he was caught)
Smith has said he will not stand down (because he has no honour)
Smith has said it will not ever happen again (because you got caught)

Just like Michael Atherton, down right cheating has happened and is being swerved by the perpetrators.

Hope the ICC act with some backbone.

Poll: DF in or out

Cheating Convicts on 21:38 - Mar 24 with 8101 viewsD_Alien

Given they knew they were being filmed from every possible camera angle, it's unbelievable that they thought they stood any chance of getting away with it

Clearly, winning (or not losing) matters to them, but to that extent? That they'd potentially blow their careers away for at best a marginal advantage?

Bancroft's test career was in the balance anyway, but Smith's reputation couldn't have been any higher, until this. Will be interesting to see how the authorities react, given that players are being sidelined from tests (e.g. Rabada) for slight over-reactions in the heat of the moment

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cheating Convicts on 21:46 - Mar 24 with 8091 viewsTVOS1907

Wonder how Lehman will decide to complain about this incident?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cheating Convicts on 21:49 - Mar 24 with 8083 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 21:46 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Wonder how Lehman will decide to complain about this incident?

Dunno, but he'll start with "Listen..."

Cheating Convicts on 21:50 - Mar 24 with 8077 viewsTVOS1907

Cheating Convicts on 21:49 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

Dunno, but he'll start with "Listen..."

"Do you want to know a secret?"

Cheating Convicts on 21:52 - Mar 24 with 8072 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 21:50 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

"Do you want to know a secret?"

He'll then try to explain it in Lehman's terms

Cheating Convicts on 21:56 - Mar 24 with 8055 viewsSandyman

And now the team with the most notorious and nasty verbal abusers from home crowds are whining about being verbally abused.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43520365
Hypocrites.
Cheating Convicts on 21:58 - Mar 24 with 8051 viewsDaley_Lama

Lehman new nothing about it. Totally blameless.

Bancfroft did however need a toilet break soon after it was shown on TV and Smith left the field for 15 minutes too.

I echo the millions asking why on earth did they even bother trying? Absolute idiocy.

Cheating Convicts on 23:27 - Mar 24 with 7972 viewsDiddyDave

Nothing new for Australian cricket. Ian Chappell started the verbal abuse (sledging) of the opposition in the 70s,brother Greg committed just about the worse piece of sportsmanship imaginable in 1981 when he ordered the third brother Trevor to bowl the last ball of the match underarm to NZ`s Brian McKechnie so he couldn`t hit a six to tie the match. David Warner smacks Joe Root in a pub altercation,Shane Warne gets involved in a betting scandal,and who can forget the Aussies deliberately losing that test match at Leeds,betting their own money on huge odds the Bookies were giving on an English win when the Aussies only needed a hundred or so with a full day to play. If the Aussie Cricket Board don`t sack Smith and a couple of other "senior players" over this latest shocking example of deliberate cheating,they`re complicit in this as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Cheating Convicts on 23:33 - Mar 24 with 7957 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 23:27 - Mar 24 by DiddyDave

Nothing new for Australian cricket. Ian Chappell started the verbal abuse (sledging) of the opposition in the 70s,brother Greg committed just about the worse piece of sportsmanship imaginable in 1981 when he ordered the third brother Trevor to bowl the last ball of the match underarm to NZ`s Brian McKechnie so he couldn`t hit a six to tie the match. David Warner smacks Joe Root in a pub altercation,Shane Warne gets involved in a betting scandal,and who can forget the Aussies deliberately losing that test match at Leeds,betting their own money on huge odds the Bookies were giving on an English win when the Aussies only needed a hundred or so with a full day to play. If the Aussie Cricket Board don`t sack Smith and a couple of other "senior players" over this latest shocking example of deliberate cheating,they`re complicit in this as well.

what is the reaction to this in Aus how is it being coverd over there... don't hold your breath on the ACB acting or the ICC when are the umpires going to issue yellow or red cards which in this case should result in a 3 match ban for Bancroft and a 10 match ban for Smith both should be sent home.

This is not the time for bickering.

Cheating Convicts on 23:40 - Mar 24 with 7945 viewsDaley_Lama

It’s being thouroughly condemned by Aussie press, commentators and pundits.

Cheating Convicts on 00:31 - Mar 25 with 7906 viewsAussieDale

News conference with CEO of Cricket Australia at 12 noon on Fox Sport. He is a big defender of how Australia play the game so it will be interesting to see if he tries to spin his way out of this one. Culture of Australian Cricket at all levels has been piss poor since the days of Ian Chappell, who now spends a fair bit of his time calling for stricter discipline !! Wonder what Kim Hughes thinks of that.
Cheating Convicts on 00:32 - Mar 25 with 7904 viewsTVOS1907

Cheating Convicts on 23:40 - Mar 24 by Daley_Lama

It’s being thouroughly condemned by Aussie press, commentators and pundits.

https://www.smh.com.au/

Cheating Convicts on 00:42 - Mar 25 with 7894 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 00:32 - Mar 25 by TVOS1907

https://www.smh.com.au/

"Rain developing"

Cheating Convicts on 02:15 - Mar 25 with 7870 viewsDiddyDave

Cheating Convicts on 00:31 - Mar 25 by AussieDale

News conference with CEO of Cricket Australia at 12 noon on Fox Sport. He is a big defender of how Australia play the game so it will be interesting to see if he tries to spin his way out of this one. Culture of Australian Cricket at all levels has been piss poor since the days of Ian Chappell, who now spends a fair bit of his time calling for stricter discipline !! Wonder what Kim Hughes thinks of that.

CEO James Sutherland says they`re sending a bloke to SA to "find out what happened",so nowt will "happen" until Tuesday at the earliest.
Cheating Convicts on 02:18 - Mar 25 with 7863 viewsAussieDale

All this is happening whilst CA are trying to negotiate media rights for the next 5 years. They asked all bidders to resubmit bids last Friday as they didn't like the first bids. Good luck with that now.
Cheating Convicts on 09:20 - Mar 25 with 7741 viewsBazzanne

For years there has been a win any way you can attitude in Australian cricket. The worst sportsmen ever. They stopped me watching cricket years ago.
Cheating Convicts on 09:32 - Mar 25 with 7725 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 02:15 - Mar 25 by DiddyDave

CEO James Sutherland says they`re sending a bloke to SA to "find out what happened",so nowt will "happen" until Tuesday at the earliest.

Smith & Warner removed from their captain/vc roles for the next test, pending the investigation

Absolute minimum that needed to happen

[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 9:34]

Cheating Convicts on 09:57 - Mar 25 with 7676 viewsmacro

Cheating Convicts on 09:32 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Smith & Warner removed from their captain/vc roles for the next test, pending the investigation

Absolute minimum that needed to happen

[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 9:34]

Removed for the remainder of this test.
Cheating Convicts on 12:28 - Mar 25 with 7574 viewsDaley_Lama

Cheating Convicts on 09:57 - Mar 25 by macro

Removed for the remainder of this test.

Cricket Australia are making all the right decisions after some of their players made the wrong one.

Would be amazed if Smith and Warner captain the national side again.

Cheating Convicts on 13:09 - Mar 25 with 7538 viewsmingthemerciless

I was amused to hear the Aussie PM say that cheating wasn't the way the Aussies play the game. Obviously not a follower of cricket then.
Cheating Convicts on 13:48 - Mar 25 with 7497 views442Dale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cricket/5895236/australia-ashes-cheat-storm-bancr

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cheating Convicts on 13:48 - Mar 25 with 7500 viewsDaley_Lama

Smith banned for the 4th test by ICC and loses match fee
Bancroft not banned (3 demerit points) and loses match fee.

That’s it from the ICC, they are limited as it is a Category 2 misdomeaner.

Cheating Convicts on 15:30 - Mar 25 with 7425 viewsTVOS1907

Cheating Convicts on 13:48 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cricket/5895236/australia-ashes-cheat-storm-bancr

Is Jason Pearce an Australian? He must be involved somewhere along the line.

Cheating Convicts on 16:42 - Mar 25 with 7345 viewsTVOS1907

Thrashed by 322 runs.

Cheating Convicts on 17:12 - Mar 25 with 7303 viewsColDale

Why is it only considered to be a level 2 offence? Surely outright cheating to influence a game is as serious as anything a player can do.

Given that the aussies claim its not been something they've done before, it will be interesting to hear their justification as to why they've chosen this test to do so. I'd imagine there'll be a lot of footage from the Ashes being poured over right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024