Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) 12:35 - Jan 2 with 37732 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51640/match-preview-dale-v-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51536/refwatch-dale-v-newca

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51613/played-for-both--dale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51612/tvos-dale-v-newcastle

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/newcastletickets_lastchance/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 2501 viewsseasidedale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:22 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

Magloire,Dooley,Keohane and Baah could have all switched and it wouldn't have made a difference. We got ran ragged down the wings all half and the whole formation/team selection wasn't working. We were very lucky to be only 1-0 down - the game should have been over before Wilbraham got his chance to shine in the 2nd half.

Thought Magloire was extremely slow on saturday
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:30 - Jan 6 with 2478 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:22 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

Magloire,Dooley,Keohane and Baah could have all switched and it wouldn't have made a difference. We got ran ragged down the wings all half and the whole formation/team selection wasn't working. We were very lucky to be only 1-0 down - the game should have been over before Wilbraham got his chance to shine in the 2nd half.

Must agree here... I thought they posed more threat down Keohane's side in the first half and could/should have scored 2 or 3 more.

After half time, we changed things round with the subs, plus, for some inexplicable reason, Newcastle stopped attacking Keohane.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:44 - Jan 6 with 2438 viewsmingthemerciless

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:27 - Jan 6 by seasidedale

Magloire has run the 100 metres in a time quicker than Mbappe ! So slow he isn't. Maybe he's not fully back to fitness yet ?
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:38 - Jan 6 with 2312 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:44 - Jan 6 by mingthemerciless

Magloire has run the 100 metres in a time quicker than Mbappe ! So slow he isn't. Maybe he's not fully back to fitness yet ?

It took Ryan a good while to get upto speed as they say.
Theres fit to play and then theres match fitness where you have to play almost week in week out to achieve.....

So theres a big difference between the two.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:17 - Jan 6 with 2239 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:44 - Jan 6 by mingthemerciless

That's not strictly true, he was recorded as running faster in a game than M'bappe last season, I'd imagine M'bappe would dust him over 100 metres..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:23 - Jan 6 with 2130 viewsisitme

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:27 - Jan 6 by seasidedale

He is not long back after a serious groin injury so I suspect he is not really up to full speed yet.

As others have poster it takes a while to get up to match speed. Look at the improvement in Ryan during the past couple of games.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 2106 viewsYorkshire_Dale

....talking of which,how fast was Luke M down the wing for the goal?

Proper rapid,I believe is the saying?
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 2000 viewsBartRowou

Decent snippet from the Guardian, especially the quote at the end:

Rochdale’s life-affirming comeback against Newcastle was a triumph for 40-year-old Aaron Wilbraham, 17-year-old Luke Matheson who created the latter’s equaliser, and Brian Barry-Murphy, whose decision to introduce them as substitutes proved inspired. The manager boldly removed a terrorised Tyler Magloire on 30 minutes for Matheson before Wilbraham entered ahead of the second half and the striker subsequently fired in Matheson’s 79th-minute cross to cancel out Miguel Almirón’s opener. Wilbraham is a 22-year, 10-club veteran who lost his mother to illness last month. Of the equaliser he said: “It meant a lot. My mum was my biggest fan. Obviously for the family and everyone at the moment it’s been a hard time. She drove me everywhere when I was younger in a little brown Fiesta, with about £2.50 petrol money in to make training. I never had my dad around when I was younger so she was the only one.”

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:49 - Jan 6 with 1947 viewsscarrow

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:48 - Jan 6 by Rochdale_ger

He was shit on SATURDAY. And he’s an aspiring* professional footballer.

Show some respect. He's a 16 year old kid who will be a big talent. Yes he wasn't at his best Saturday 1st half but he wasn't the only one.

Poll: Final position

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 21:07 - Jan 6 with 1856 viewsmikehunt

The team that beat Accy on New Year’s Day deserved to start against Newcastle and that definitely included Baah. On Saturday he had the bottle to have a go and run at Newcastle and did well a couple of times. But something happened during the game that spooked him. He really looked like a rabbit in headlights. Increasingly left alone between two of their players on the wing, he didn’t know which way to turn. He had to come off at that point.
However, some blame has to come from the bench and the older, experienced players on the pitch. At that point he needed telling what to do and an arm around him. Maybe that did happen (I didn’t see it if so) or (more likely) we were too preoccupied in trying to keep them out. Maybe he was intimidated by the Toon Army; playing too close to them. That can cause panic in a young ‘un.
I hope Baah gets a chance back in the first team at the earliest possible opportunity because, from the few times I’ve seen him, I really rate the lad.
There. I’ve said me piece.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:04 - Jan 6 with 1730 viewsEllDale

Someone asked Wilbraham what had been said at halftime that turned the game round.
His response was that the first thing that BBM had to do was calm things down and stop some arguing.
Did anyone else spot Ryan and O’Donnell having a right row in front of the Sandy midway through the first half?
I thought at the time that they would have been better off helping the younger players rather than bickering but I’m also glad that they showed some passion.
Ryan is rapidly growing on me, a fiesty, yard dog of a player.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:29 - Jan 6 with 1650 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:04 - Jan 6 by EllDale

Someone asked Wilbraham what had been said at halftime that turned the game round.
His response was that the first thing that BBM had to do was calm things down and stop some arguing.
Did anyone else spot Ryan and O’Donnell having a right row in front of the Sandy midway through the first half?
I thought at the time that they would have been better off helping the younger players rather than bickering but I’m also glad that they showed some passion.
Ryan is rapidly growing on me, a fiesty, yard dog of a player.

Ryan probably rightly pulling him up for shagging grannies.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 04:36 - Jan 7 with 1496 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 21:07 - Jan 6 by mikehunt

The team that beat Accy on New Year’s Day deserved to start against Newcastle and that definitely included Baah. On Saturday he had the bottle to have a go and run at Newcastle and did well a couple of times. But something happened during the game that spooked him. He really looked like a rabbit in headlights. Increasingly left alone between two of their players on the wing, he didn’t know which way to turn. He had to come off at that point.
However, some blame has to come from the bench and the older, experienced players on the pitch. At that point he needed telling what to do and an arm around him. Maybe that did happen (I didn’t see it if so) or (more likely) we were too preoccupied in trying to keep them out. Maybe he was intimidated by the Toon Army; playing too close to them. That can cause panic in a young ‘un.
I hope Baah gets a chance back in the first team at the earliest possible opportunity because, from the few times I’ve seen him, I really rate the lad.

Can i just add to that superb analysis, that whilst BBM was right to take off Magloire early to plug a potentially game-ending flaw in our defensive capability, he also did right to wait until half time before removing Baah, thus sparing the lad the glare of the tv camera and packed stands whilst being substituted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 09:22 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 21:07 - Jan 6 by mikehunt

Spot on. Ideally we'll be able to bring in another attacking player this January to replace Pyke and then Baah can be used as an impact sub for the remainder of the season which in my opinion would be the ideal amount of game-time to continue his development.

He may only be 16 but he will definitely make a difference in a couple of games over the rest of this season like he did at Accrington - maybe we shouldn't be overly critical towards him if it turned out that a fixture against Premier League opposition turned out not to be one of those games.

We've learnt a lot about BBM over the last couple of games I think and it's been really encouraging. I really hope the performances against Accrington and Newcastle make anyone who has been calling for his head recently reconsider. If he can show more willingness to adapt in the way he did on Saturday in certain league fixtures (I would still prefer us to try and play out from the back in his style where possible, but we do need to be more effective when changing to Plan B) and he can add two or three quality players, then I think he could build a really decent League One side for next season.

As others have mentioned O'Connell and Sanchez were absolutely colossal. O'Connell quickly becoming my favourite Dale defender since Dawson. Ryan is growing game by game - I do hope people haven't made their mind up about him already as I have seen some unfair criticism towards him after recent matches that I think were based more on his performances earlier in the season. Hopefully that's the performance where he starts to alter people's opinions.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 00:57 - Jan 8 with 1243 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:33 - Jan 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

....talking of which,how fast was Luke M down the wing for the goal?

Proper rapid,I believe is the saying?

So true. I've watched that clip numerous times and its one of the best things I've ever seen from a Dale player - pacy (name me a Dale player as quick!) , perceptive (massively) and a great cross that made a goal. That lad has such a great football brain and skill at such a young age. Keep him 'til the multi-million bids come in. As they will. Thanks Luke
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) (n/t) on 04:21 - Jan 8 with 1209 viewsFalingeParka

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 5:18]

ColonelHall

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) (n/t) on 06:54 - Jan 8 with 1162 viewsRochdale_ger

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) (n/t) on 04:21 - Jan 8 by FalingeParka

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 5:18]

Seek employment and get into a decent routine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024