Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town 16:25 - Jan 30 with 15666 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51855/played-for-both-dale-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51863/match-preview-dale-vs

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51857/tvos-dale-v-shrewsbur

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51856/refwatch-dale-v-shrew

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51884/match-report-dale-1-0

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-shrewsbury/report/410269

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 19:44 - Feb 1 with 3065 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 19:13 - Feb 1 by SuddenLad

Andy Lonergan was the best in recent memory.

Agreed.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 19:48 - Feb 1 with 3036 viewstodmordendale

Magnus Normal was ..... err ?
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 2997 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 17:42 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

A lot of energy from Ryan but I lost count of the number of passes he gave straight to a Shrews player. A win is a win though so who cares. Happy days.

To be fair Ryan made a couple of really good runs in the 2nd half but had no support and ran up an alley in frustration.....the lad has a certain passion that is not evident in some of our other players,Messrs Dooley and Done for instance

He does n't hide or shirk so sometimes gives a poor pass.

Did OK today.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:03 - Feb 1 with 2939 viewsmikehunt

Thought the ref wasnt too bad either, after last week's twerp.
He missed a couple of things but it didn't ruin the match.
However, wasn't it Boyeson and isn't he one of our bogey refs?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:15 - Feb 1 with 2860 viewsSandyman

Sanchez / McShane / O'Connell makes for a very good core to the defence. Agree with many of the comments made today - an awful, tedious game to watch. A low home attendance suggests lots of season tickets left in the drawer at home due to uninspiring results and performances. Dale looked lightweight yet again. Can we only sign small players to compete against against 6'3" defenders? We also look so disorganised. Once the ball is forward after lots of passes, we look like we don't know what to do with it and waste time and opportunities looking for the killer pass. That has to be a training ground issue. We don't seem to know who should be where and find 4 players doing tippy tappy in a small space when there are gaps in the opposition defence to exploit.
Excellent refereeing today from Mr Boyeson which was nice to see given past precedents. Excellent ref last Tuesday with Mr Brakespear. The least we deserve after the Haines and Marsden The Crooked horror shows.

Will take the 3 points whatever happened
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 20:16]
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:27 - Feb 1 with 2794 viewsSandyman

Sky Highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-shrewsbury/410269
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:28 - Feb 1 with 2794 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 2622 viewsjonahwhereru

Sounded like a good game to miss. We were long overdue to get more than we deserved from a game with a late winner. Helps make up for the Wycombe debacle, where we deserved something. Bit concearned at the comments on here and having watch the lowlights. Hope it was just that we were lacking comfidence,and this may help us build some momentum.
I know we have some tough gigs in February but I don’t want to hear any of this”free hit boll-cks”. There is no such thing and we need to really put pressure on Tranmere ahead of that game.
Nearly did my back in when the goal detail popped up. A win in a win.
UTD
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:05 - Feb 1 with 2618 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:28 - Feb 1 by D_Dale

Ultimately didn’t really deserve that today but we’ve had it go against us so often, so I’ll take it.

Tactics were strange, RND seemed be playing a lot further up the pitch, and didn’t have enough of the ball. We’ve missed Morley, but couldn’t understand his position today, played centrally over MJ Williams and he’ll be awesome.

Noticed our centre halves had a lot of the ball. They are not ball playing centre backs and this needs to change. Probably highlighted by really poor movement in general today.

Thought we defended really well and Sanchez was awesome. We’ll miss him next season.

We really struggled going forward, midfield was non existent or completely detached from the strikers. Dooley is a huge lightweight, much prefer Done.

Notice we were a lot more direct today. Players either side of the goal at a goal kick has gone and we launched it a little further upfield.

10 points ahead of 3rd bottom which is a great place to be. I think we’ll be ok this season.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 21:08]
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:29 - Feb 1 with 2494 viewsdingdangblue

Got to disagree with your view that our centre backs aren't ball playing? Both McShane and especially O'Connell are very good on the ball.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:56 - Feb 1 with 2359 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:29 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Got to disagree with your view that our centre backs aren't ball playing? Both McShane and especially O'Connell are very good on the ball.

Yes, sorry, agree. But they are not going to change the game for us and due to the tactics we employ they are almost forced to be creative. They often had the ball around the half way line looking to make the killer pass due to the ineffectiveness our midfield.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:56 - Feb 1 with 2346 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:29 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

So much so that it was only when they started carrying the ball into the midfield during the later stages of the game that we started having any impact

Also good to see them revert to their natural McShane/O'Connell left/right positions. Why anyone thought swapping over (e.g. against Gillingham) was a good idea, i don't know - although both are two-footed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 00:21 - Feb 2 with 2053 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51884/match-report-dale-1-0

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 00:48 - Feb 2 with 1999 views_Windydale

Sanchez gave us the win and a good defence

No Cohesion. A lack of vision and creativity by the players today in a dull game, although we didn't lack fight in defence.

In attack, players seemed to be happy to think just only of their next pass, instead of looking to break down their defence as a team.

Players winging it

In attack too many players are rigid in their role given by BBM. Awareness of teammates runs and maintaining some fluidity as a unit, communication looked limited.

Some players wanting to attack and some players wanting to play it safe. The team should be playing with the same vision and positivity.

I think we need a midfield captain, someone at the heart of the team, someone to get the players working as a unit. Playing more intelligently.

Henderson is great in the box and gets us goals but outside his play looks a quiet Captain. I would like to see us with a midfield general.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 01:19 - Feb 2 with 1963 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 00:48 - Feb 2 by _Windydale

Sanchez gave us the win and a good defence

No Cohesion. A lack of vision and creativity by the players today in a dull game, although we didn't lack fight in defence.

In attack, players seemed to be happy to think just only of their next pass, instead of looking to break down their defence as a team.

Players winging it

In attack too many players are rigid in their role given by BBM. Awareness of teammates runs and maintaining some fluidity as a unit, communication looked limited.

Some players wanting to attack and some players wanting to play it safe. The team should be playing with the same vision and positivity.

I think we need a midfield captain, someone at the heart of the team, someone to get the players working as a unit. Playing more intelligently.

Henderson is great in the box and gets us goals but outside his play looks a quiet Captain. I would like to see us with a midfield general.

Step forward Mr Lund with Master Rathbone and Master Morley as his understudies

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 07:40 - Feb 2 with 1788 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 01:19 - Feb 2 by James1980

Step forward Mr Lund with Master Rathbone and Master Morley as his understudies

For all of thr lamenting of our midfield, Shrews main threat came down the flanks, their LB was giving JK a tough time.

Jimmy Ryan did some awesome runs second half, it was a nice change to see someone drive through rather than attempt to pass through for once. A plan B in midfield as well as defence (you can go long sometimes) was born!

Shrews were quite a decent team i thought, their position possibly being a bit low in the league.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 08:30 - Feb 2 with 1717 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 07:40 - Feb 2 by Daley_Lama

For all of thr lamenting of our midfield, Shrews main threat came down the flanks, their LB was giving JK a tough time.

Jimmy Ryan did some awesome runs second half, it was a nice change to see someone drive through rather than attempt to pass through for once. A plan B in midfield as well as defence (you can go long sometimes) was born!

Shrews were quite a decent team i thought, their position possibly being a bit low in the league.

Jimmy Ryan for Captain then?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 09:41 - Feb 2 with 1588 views_Windydale

leadership more centrally, i think Jimmy Ryan deserves a chance. He was clearly out to move the play forward, as others have said. He's got the experience. Why not go for a change? we might look abit more organised in attack. I wish more players played like matheson, pointing to where they want the ball played, communicating better. Rathbone does it time to time.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 1570 viewsAndy_TOPO

Can't argue our performance was brilliant but I thought Shrewsbury are one the most organised and skillful teams we have played this season. They played as a solid unit with very little space for our players to exploit, making us look poor and unimaginative. Ryan was MoM but for Bobby keeping us in the game for me.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:31 - Feb 2 with 1477 viewsboromat

I thought defensively without the ball we were great. Well organised and compact making it very difficult for a good shrews team. Unfortunately we were rubbish off the ball from attacking perspective when we were in possession of the ball. The movement wasn't good enough and led to our defence passing it backwards and side to side and when we did go long we didn't win it. The result was although we did very well defending out of possession we were in that scenario way too much during the game and most teams would have found at least a goal. The highlights emphasise how much more of a threat Shrewsbury were.

A win is a win though and I'll take that! Hopefully in a game or two everyone will be back up to match sharpness. Do Smith a world of good getting a goal as well after the two sitters he's missed.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:33 - Feb 2 with 1467 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 08:30 - Feb 2 by James1980

Jimmy Ryan for Captain then?

We already have a captain.

As for suggestions this could make us more organised. If Ryan needs an armband in order to organise us, then he’s no captain.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:53 - Feb 2 with 1402 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:27 - Feb 1 by judd

No problem with the keeper getting MOM because he deserved it.

Entertaining league games at Rochdale have been consigned to history. Third season of utter drudgery.

Pitch has been threadbare since the summer and is now in a very poor state considering our gentle winter.

Massively relieved at 3 points. That's about it.

Ditto, no problems with the keeper getting motm. Barring Hendo, it's going to be Sanchez and O'Connell who keep us up. Would love to have both back next season of drudgery too, but suspect we'll be lucky to get one back.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:54 - Feb 2 with 1400 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:27 - Feb 1 by Sandyman

Sky Highlights

When you watch the highlights it takes away some of the gloss of the victory for sure.....we really got lucky.

But we will take it.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:57 - Feb 2 with 1379 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:56 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

So much so that it was only when they started carrying the ball into the midfield during the later stages of the game that we started having any impact

Also good to see them revert to their natural McShane/O'Connell left/right positions. Why anyone thought swapping over (e.g. against Gillingham) was a good idea, i don't know - although both are two-footed

Carrying the ball is something we now do too little of imo. Ryan made a great run and created a good chance from it in the second half. Other than that Ollie is about the only other player who tries it and he seemed very out of sorts yesterday. Shrews did a bit of it and made chances too. Sometimes there are other options than the quick pass, especially when it's backwards. Speculate to accumulate.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 11:25 - Feb 2 with 1304 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:54 - Feb 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

When you watch the highlights it takes away some of the gloss of the victory for sure.....we really got lucky.

But we will take it.

Surprised the highlight's don't feature Wilbraham's flicked header onto Hendo who somehow headed over? From Pearl St it looked like the chance of the game for Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024