Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town 16:25 - Jan 30 with 15667 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51855/played-for-both-dale-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51863/match-preview-dale-vs

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51857/tvos-dale-v-shrewsbur

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51856/refwatch-dale-v-shrew

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51884/match-report-dale-1-0

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-shrewsbury/report/410269

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 11:30 - Feb 2 with 2987 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 11:25 - Feb 2 by dingdangblue

Surprised the highlight's don't feature Wilbraham's flicked header onto Hendo who somehow headed over? From Pearl St it looked like the chance of the game for Dale.

Forgot about that.

The thing with the highlights on Quest/YouTube, etc, is that they are compiled by someone at the place where all the match footage feeds to and as such, they will squeeze the goals and best chances into the two minutes they have available.

The 'best chances' doesn't always equate to the 'most chances'. For example, on Quest, the voiceover said Shrewsbury were "giving Rochdale the runaround", which isn't entirely accurate.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:22 - Feb 2 with 2830 viewsBartRowou

Love the choreography of this.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:27 - Feb 2 with 2810 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 11:25 - Feb 2 by dingdangblue

Surprised the highlight's don't feature Wilbraham's flicked header onto Hendo who somehow headed over? From Pearl St it looked like the chance of the game for Dale.

It's on the extended highlights on iFollow.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 2787 viewsmikehunt

I was right behind it. It was going in. I hadnt noticed Hendo and thought a defender had cleared it off the line. I was amazed when I saw it was a goal kick.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 15:19 - Feb 2 with 2694 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:37 - Feb 2 by mikehunt

I was right behind it. It was going in. I hadnt noticed Hendo and thought a defender had cleared it off the line. I was amazed when I saw it was a goal kick.

Lucky Smith got the winner then! Funnily enough it was Hendo who touched Camps goal bound effort at Shrews away and was flagged offside.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:39 - Feb 2 with 2552 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 15:19 - Feb 2 by dingdangblue

Lucky Smith got the winner then! Funnily enough it was Hendo who touched Camps goal bound effort at Shrews away and was flagged offside.

He's really out to get that goal record......is he trying too hard?
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:41 - Feb 2 with 2548 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:22 - Feb 2 by BartRowou

Just watch the 5 kids stood in front of the barriers.....great stuff.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 2451 viewsBrierls

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:39 - Feb 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

He's really out to get that goal record......is he trying too hard?

No.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:11 - Feb 2 with 2383 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 11:30 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

Forgot about that.

The thing with the highlights on Quest/YouTube, etc, is that they are compiled by someone at the place where all the match footage feeds to and as such, they will squeeze the goals and best chances into the two minutes they have available.

The 'best chances' doesn't always equate to the 'most chances'. For example, on Quest, the voiceover said Shrewsbury were "giving Rochdale the runaround", which isn't entirely accurate.

Yep, it was a strange choice of words from the Quest commentator, but also a strange choice of highlights as, after seeing them, you could be forgiven for thinking Shrewsbury dominated the game.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 2308 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:11 - Feb 2 by Shun

Yep, it was a strange choice of words from the Quest commentator, but also a strange choice of highlights as, after seeing them, you could be forgiven for thinking Shrewsbury dominated the game.

In terms of 'chances' they did. Don't think they're chances were very clear cut though.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 20:49 - Feb 2 with 2172 viewslove_the_dale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 10:31 - Feb 2 by boromat

I thought defensively without the ball we were great. Well organised and compact making it very difficult for a good shrews team. Unfortunately we were rubbish off the ball from attacking perspective when we were in possession of the ball. The movement wasn't good enough and led to our defence passing it backwards and side to side and when we did go long we didn't win it. The result was although we did very well defending out of possession we were in that scenario way too much during the game and most teams would have found at least a goal. The highlights emphasise how much more of a threat Shrewsbury were.

A win is a win though and I'll take that! Hopefully in a game or two everyone will be back up to match sharpness. Do Smith a world of good getting a goal as well after the two sitters he's missed.

I agree that there are not enough runs from the forwards. However, when runs are made, they are usually ignored. It's as if we don't practise coinciding a run with a pass.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 00:09 - Feb 3 with 2033 viewsmikehunt

It's the charging up field, getting past the halfway line then stopping and passing back that gets me.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 01:56 - Feb 3 with 1982 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:22 - Feb 2 by BartRowou

Part of the mosh if not seen on it :D A great moment. The back end of this clip shows (again) the view from t'other side of the goal. Choreography indeed! https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11924060/rochdale-1-0-shre
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 12:36 - Feb 3 with 1741 viewsAtThePeake

Although we were poor and by no means deserved the win on Saturday, I don't think Shrewsbury were anything special. Cummins was woeful and although they had a few attempts, after the one they missed in the first half when they broke four-on-two, I never really felt we were in danger of conceding.

I also wonder whether the referee would've been given the same amount of praise had Smith not scored given the clear penalty for handball that should've been given in the build-up!

Too many backwards and wayward passes. I want us to persist with the short, patient, passing approach - but we need to get the sharpness back that made it more effective in the early stages of the season. Hopefully being able to rotate a few players now that we're almost back to full compliment will help with that.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 13:21 - Feb 3 with 1690 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 12:36 - Feb 3 by AtThePeake

Although we were poor and by no means deserved the win on Saturday, I don't think Shrewsbury were anything special. Cummins was woeful and although they had a few attempts, after the one they missed in the first half when they broke four-on-two, I never really felt we were in danger of conceding.

I also wonder whether the referee would've been given the same amount of praise had Smith not scored given the clear penalty for handball that should've been given in the build-up!

Too many backwards and wayward passes. I want us to persist with the short, patient, passing approach - but we need to get the sharpness back that made it more effective in the early stages of the season. Hopefully being able to rotate a few players now that we're almost back to full compliment will help with that.

Re the sideways and backwards passing, wonder why some many times the first choice isn't a forward pass.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:26 - Feb 3 with 1595 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 13:21 - Feb 3 by James1980

Re the sideways and backwards passing, wonder why some many times the first choice isn't a forward pass.

The manager has either told them to do that, which seems silly, or he has told them not to do that and they are disobeying him. Fast attacking moves , players anticipating a forward ball/run would be good to watch, and provide more chances/goals.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 15:40 - Feb 3 with 1522 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 14:26 - Feb 3 by rochdaleriddler

The manager has either told them to do that, which seems silly, or he has told them not to do that and they are disobeying him. Fast attacking moves , players anticipating a forward ball/run would be good to watch, and provide more chances/goals.

Surely if a forward pass is on that should be the first choice.
Poor positioning by the players in advanced positions? The opposition do a good marking those players and the player with the ball would rather pass it back or sideways than give away position? Is it lack of confidence?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:11 - Feb 3 with 1469 views49thseason

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 15:40 - Feb 3 by James1980

Surely if a forward pass is on that should be the first choice.
Poor positioning by the players in advanced positions? The opposition do a good marking those players and the player with the ball would rather pass it back or sideways than give away position? Is it lack of confidence?

There are too many players with their backs to the opposition goal so its inevitable that the ball is often played backwards, Everything starts to work better when Ryan starts to drive forwards through midfield, releasing Rathbone and Dooley further forward, and forcing the forwards onto the shoulders of the defenders rather than standing waiting for the ball to,get to them. Put simply when we move the ball forwards with pace and numbers we look a much more dangerous team.

Why we keep allowing teams to dominate the game by retreating into our own half and leaving our forwards isolated and foraging for the ball is a mystery.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:32 - Feb 3 with 1424 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:11 - Feb 3 by 49thseason

There are too many players with their backs to the opposition goal so its inevitable that the ball is often played backwards, Everything starts to work better when Ryan starts to drive forwards through midfield, releasing Rathbone and Dooley further forward, and forcing the forwards onto the shoulders of the defenders rather than standing waiting for the ball to,get to them. Put simply when we move the ball forwards with pace and numbers we look a much more dangerous team.

Why we keep allowing teams to dominate the game by retreating into our own half and leaving our forwards isolated and foraging for the ball is a mystery.

We seem to move the ball forward with pace and numbers more and more rarely these days. In fact, I commented on Saturday when we had a break and (cant remember who) put his foot on the ball, slowed things right down and Shrews regrouped. We are way too ponderous most of the time. Urgency seems to have left the building?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 1393 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:32 - Feb 3 by DaleiLama

We seem to move the ball forward with pace and numbers more and more rarely these days. In fact, I commented on Saturday when we had a break and (cant remember who) put his foot on the ball, slowed things right down and Shrews regrouped. We are way too ponderous most of the time. Urgency seems to have left the building?

Did Tazzy write that first sentence DL?

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 1307 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 16:48 - Feb 3 by kiwidale

Did Tazzy write that first sentence DL?

There’s nothing wrong with it.
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 1258 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 18:52 - Feb 3 by Shun

There’s nothing wrong with it.

I put it down to Kiwi having an Guinness too many and forgetting his knotted hanky when he went out in the sun today

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 1130 viewskiwidale

If "more and more rarely" is good grammar then oil beef oct and I might as well have another an Guinness.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 21:17]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:23 - Feb 3 with 1110 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:13 - Feb 3 by kiwidale

If "more and more rarely" is good grammar then oil beef oct and I might as well have another an Guinness.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 21:17]

Hes probably not aware yet that his every post is proofread by our forums very own equivalent of Billy Shakespeare....
Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 22:07 - Feb 3 with 1054 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Shrewsbury Town on 21:23 - Feb 3 by nordenblue

Hes probably not aware yet that his every post is proofread by our forums very own equivalent of Billy Shakespeare....

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024