Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 56950 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 20:16 - May 22 with 4362 viewsNorthernr

Must say after the Bournemouth shambles I enjoyed watching Michael Appleton turn that game around at half time, no idea how he managed that as they didn’t get out of their penalty area for the first 45.

Scowen loves that penalty doesn’t he?
Play Offs on 20:21 - May 22 with 4327 viewsdenhamhoop2

Swansea currently sneaking through v Hoofball pity as I think Barnsley's way of playing would cause Brentford more problems than Swansea will
Play Offs on 20:30 - May 22 with 4268 viewsdmm

Swansea v Barnsley was a shocking game of football. Last night's Blackpool v Oxford match was so much better.
Play Offs on 20:49 - May 22 with 4169 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Play Offs on 20:21 - May 22 by denhamhoop2

Swansea currently sneaking through v Hoofball pity as I think Barnsley's way of playing would cause Brentford more problems than Swansea will

Cooper's a good manager, so he won't get out-thought by Frank.
Play Offs on 00:10 - May 23 with 3890 viewshook_hoops

Play Offs on 20:30 - May 22 by dmm

Swansea v Barnsley was a shocking game of football. Last night's Blackpool v Oxford match was so much better.

Agreed, Swansea v Barnsley was dire, and Blackpool look a decent side. I can't believe Barnsley beat us twice and scored six goals in the process. They were dreadful. I still think (and hope) Swansea will cause Brentford problems in the final.
Play Offs on 08:18 - May 23 with 3682 viewsTGRRRSSS

DIdnt we often struggle againt the up and at em hoofing a lot more than the better sides last season?

Even prior to Christmas we got a few decent results against the better and more attractive looking teams.

Called it wrong on the Lincoln game I'm pleased to say, but on the 1st half it was like Lincoln players had never met before.

I wonder if they initially struggled a bit with the noise at SOL after the closed grounds for a year.
Play Offs on 11:24 - May 23 with 3533 viewsJuzzie

Both league games this season were a 1-1 draw and last season each games was won by the home team so anything can happen
Play Offs on 12:30 - May 23 with 3468 viewsRangersw12

Ridiculous allocations for the final just under 4k each
Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 12:32 - May 23 with 3461 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 12:30 - May 23 by Rangersw12

Ridiculous allocations for the final just under 4k each

Disgraceful. 21k at the FA Cup final, more time moves past, we move closer to restrictions lifting, 10k for the play off final. There's a lot of fcking idiots in charge atm.
Play Offs on 14:07 - May 23 with 3292 viewsdistortR

Play Offs on 12:32 - May 23 by Northernr

Disgraceful. 21k at the FA Cup final, more time moves past, we move closer to restrictions lifting, 10k for the play off final. There's a lot of fcking idiots in charge atm.

How can they possibly justify that?
Play Offs on 17:50 - May 23 with 3142 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs on 14:26 - May 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

A Ryan Manning winner at Wembley would be the best justification of our development policy.

Doubt he will get on the pitch - he hasn't much this season.
Play Offs on 18:03 - May 23 with 3115 viewsswitchingcode

Just had a message from the club saying I can purchase my ticket tomorrow and we have just under 4000 allocation which is outrageous considering both cup finalists got more than double that only a week ago.Also unlike yesterday when groups of 6 could sit together there has to be a seat distance between fans.This looks like being a crap experience after yesterday’s fantastic day in our new stadium yes the result helped but despite some of the Lego land stuff it’s an excellent stadium and I was in the away end so witnessed what your view of the ground will be like and you won’t be disappointed the acoustics are impressive.
Play Offs on 18:33 - May 23 with 3031 viewsdistortR

Play Offs on 18:03 - May 23 by switchingcode

Just had a message from the club saying I can purchase my ticket tomorrow and we have just under 4000 allocation which is outrageous considering both cup finalists got more than double that only a week ago.Also unlike yesterday when groups of 6 could sit together there has to be a seat distance between fans.This looks like being a crap experience after yesterday’s fantastic day in our new stadium yes the result helped but despite some of the Lego land stuff it’s an excellent stadium and I was in the away end so witnessed what your view of the ground will be like and you won’t be disappointed the acoustics are impressive.

Hopefully we'll see for ourselves next season

Don't know why they are doing their best to diminish your play-off final experience, though.
Play Offs on 18:42 - May 23 with 3007 viewsterryb

I certainly don't like this decision, but I have had the logic explained to me.

The FA Cup final was one of the government "trial events" that allowed for a higher attendance than the current regulations allow.

The play offs do not have that status & so have to meet the rules, which I believe is the lower of 10,000 or 25% of the capacity.
Play Offs on 18:53 - May 23 with 2977 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 18:42 - May 23 by terryb

I certainly don't like this decision, but I have had the logic explained to me.

The FA Cup final was one of the government "trial events" that allowed for a higher attendance than the current regulations allow.

The play offs do not have that status & so have to meet the rules, which I believe is the lower of 10,000 or 25% of the capacity.

Hadn’t the government already said that status would be applied to the Champions League final if it was moved, to the same ground, on the same day. Just call it a fcking trial event if you need to. It’s bullsht. I’d be fuming if it was us.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Play Offs on 19:08 - May 23 with 2927 viewsdistortR

Play Offs on 18:53 - May 23 by Northernr

Hadn’t the government already said that status would be applied to the Champions League final if it was moved, to the same ground, on the same day. Just call it a fcking trial event if you need to. It’s bullsht. I’d be fuming if it was us.

absolutely. i think I've made it quite evident that I really don't like this manifestation of brentford, but as a football fan i can only have empathy with their, and swansea's, fans over this.
Play Offs on 19:10 - May 23 with 2920 viewsterryb

Play Offs on 18:53 - May 23 by Northernr

I'm in total agreement with you, but it would take Boris to announce this!
Play Offs on 21:15 - May 23 with 2794 viewsderbyhoop

Play Offs on 13:57 - May 22 by ozexile

Bournemouth are woeful. It's only 11 v 10. They can't even control the ball anymore.

Will Bournemouth need to get rid of some more big earners?
Hard to imagine Danjuma and Solanke going through another Championshio season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Play Offs on 21:25 - May 23 with 2772 viewsdistortR

Play Offs on 21:15 - May 23 by derbyhoop

Will Bournemouth need to get rid of some more big earners?
Hard to imagine Danjuma and Solanke going through another Championshio season.

good luck getting rid of Solanke
Play Offs on 21:41 - May 23 with 2714 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 18:03 - May 23 by switchingcode

So 2 household groups of say 8 people can go and sit inside at a pub yet the same people outdoors at Wembley will have to sit 2 seats apart each yet if you go to Snooker for a World FInal every seat can be taken up with no distancing whatsoever. Hmmm Wembley holds 90000 but yet only 7800 Swansea and Brentford fans are allowed yet 21000 for the Cup Final whilst we were still in Full Lockdown conditions.
Was Boris bullied by the Football boys at Eton during the Wall game
Play Offs on 23:23 - May 23 with 2586 viewsGloryHunter

Play Offs on 19:08 - May 23 by distortR

absolutely. i think I've made it quite evident that I really don't like this manifestation of brentford, but as a football fan i can only have empathy with their, and swansea's, fans over this.

How are the Swansea fans supposed to get there - using socially-distanced public transport? As has been discussed on here previously, sitting in the open air of a stadium is not a major transmission risk, but travelling to it might be.
Play Offs on 15:04 - May 24 with 2356 viewsdaveB

Play Offs on 21:41 - May 23 by denhamhoop2

So 2 household groups of say 8 people can go and sit inside at a pub yet the same people outdoors at Wembley will have to sit 2 seats apart each yet if you go to Snooker for a World FInal every seat can be taken up with no distancing whatsoever. Hmmm Wembley holds 90000 but yet only 7800 Swansea and Brentford fans are allowed yet 21000 for the Cup Final whilst we were still in Full Lockdown conditions.
Was Boris bullied by the Football boys at Eton during the Wall game

Getting fans in for the FA Cup final, England games, Premier League and Champions League finals are headline grabbing vote winners for the government. The Playoff final less so is the sad reality
Play Offs on 18:09 - May 24 with 2147 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs on 15:04 - May 24 by daveB

Getting fans in for the FA Cup final, England games, Premier League and Champions League finals are headline grabbing vote winners for the government. The Playoff final less so is the sad reality

PL max has been 10,000 I think, with quite a few below that.
Play Offs on 06:59 - May 25 with 1826 viewsRanger_Things

With Hounslow on the COVID No Go List I think it would be safest to ban them from travelling to Wembley.
Play Offs on 08:09 - May 25 with 1738 viewsdistortR

Play Offs on 06:59 - May 25 by Ranger_Things

With Hounslow on the COVID No Go List I think it would be safest to ban them from travelling to Wembley.

i don't think the "avoid Hounslow at all costs" advice is covid related

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024