Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread 19:02 - Mar 24 with 30147 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:16 - Mar 26 with 12542 viewsboromat

No Campbell so Charman gets a start. Andrews on the bench is great to see as well.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 14:18]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:33 - Mar 26 with 12437 viewsDaleiLama

Took an injury to Campbell but Charman starting.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:47 - Mar 26 with 12369 viewsTomRAFC

Very pleased for Charman to get his chance.
Hopefully the waiting won't result in people putting too much pressure on a lad trying to make the step up. Some people on twitter frequently blur the line between enthusiasm and creepiness...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:56 - Mar 26 with 12301 viewsDale_4_Life

Come on the Dale!

Downing starts so some steel at the back.

Hoping Charman not isolated up top on his own his best work is feeding off somebody and getting shots away quickly.( From what I have seen -you tube.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:20 - Mar 26 with 12153 viewsdale1968

1 Down

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:23 - Mar 26 with 12071 viewsNigeriamark

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:56 - Mar 26 by Dale_4_Life

Come on the Dale!

Downing starts so some steel at the back.

Hoping Charman not isolated up top on his own his best work is feeding off somebody and getting shots away quickly.( From what I have seen -you tube.

1-0 Crawley, & surprise surprise comes from a mistake. Dorsett loses control with no-one around him & gives a throw in which is quickly taken. Cross is put in, Lynch makes a very good save from the first shot but the same player puts it in while lying on the ground.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:23 - Mar 26 with 12080 viewsDaleiLama

Our season in a nut shell. Nadeson scored sat on his @rse.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:26 - Mar 26 with 12029 viewsCedar_Room

I find myself checking the Oldham score on match days now just as much as ours to check they arenā€™t gaining any ground on us. Theyā€™ve just gone 1-0 up so not good.
Login to get fewer ads

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 11991 viewsrichfoad32

Don't think Dorsett deserves nearly the amount of stick he gets on here but he's having a shocker today. Doesn't want the ball anywhere near his feet.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:33 - Mar 26 with 11895 viewsKenBoon

I know we're 2 or 3 decent results from being safe, but I am starting to lose faith we're capable of getting those and find myself putting faith in other sides being gash-er than us.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:34 - Mar 26 with 11876 viewsDalenet

We are playing a lot better and getting the ball forward. Just making too many passing mistakes. Surely one of our chances will get through
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 11806 viewsboromat

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:28 - Mar 26 by richfoad32

Don't think Dorsett deserves nearly the amount of stick he gets on here but he's having a shocker today. Doesn't want the ball anywhere near his feet.

He's been brilliant recently but he fell asleep for their goal. Young players are always going to make the odd mistake think you have to expect it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 26 with 11775 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:26 - Mar 26 by Cedar_Room

I find myself checking the Oldham score on match days now just as much as ours to check they arenā€™t gaining any ground on us. Theyā€™ve just gone 1-0 up so not good.

Following Latics results because it'd be good for them to stay up alongside us, no other reason

With Stevenage now losing, Latics move above them out of the bottom two - for now...

Edit: And Stevenage have just equalised

[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 15:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 26 with 11778 viewsjacko_dale

Dooley and Broadbent are such an uninspiring midfield duo.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:48 - Mar 26 with 11615 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 26 by jacko_dale

This.

They contribute nothing in terms of attacking threat. I think it was ATP who said it the other day re: Dooley but what use is it having a passing accuracy of 88% when you create no chances or ever take a shot on?

Thinking about midfielders of recent years, itā€™s really quite depressing seeing the current incumbents.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 16:08]

UTDNFS

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:52 - Mar 26 with 11515 viewsNigeriamark

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:48 - Mar 26 by IOMDale

This.

They contribute nothing in terms of attacking threat. I think it was ATP who said it the other day re: Dooley but what use is it having a passing accuracy of 88% when you create no chances or ever take a shot on?

Thinking about midfielders of recent years, itā€™s really quite depressing seeing the current incumbents.

1-0 at HT. Good last 10 minutes from the Dale with 2 good efforts on goal. They are causing us problems by playing it quickly behind us & Lynch has also made a couple of good stops. Their number 15 is awful & made the mistake that led to our best chance, a great shot from Newby that their keeper tipped around the post
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:52 - Mar 26 with 11517 viewsjacko_dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:48 - Mar 26 by IOMDale

This.

I think the period of sustained pressure we had which was killed by Broadbent bounding forward and clattering through the back of their defender sums up their contribution quite nicely.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 26 with 11387 viewsCedar_Room

Bottom line is we arenā€™t scoring enough goals.
Before we sold Beesley we had scored 30 goals in 22 league games averaging 1.36 gpg
After Beesley itā€™s 11 goals in 15 league games - averaging 0.73 goals per game

How many more points would we have got if weā€™d kept up the Beesley era goal rate? We should have scored 8 or 9 more goals and that almost certainly would have seen us pick up a few more wins. The midfield certainly donā€™t create enough chances, they donā€™t contribute goals themselves and no-one playing up front is able to conjures magic from nothing. Stockdale has to realise we are sleepwalking into relegation and needs to throw everything at this second half to score some bastard goals.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:59 - Mar 26 with 11352 viewsDaleFan7

The manager's reluctantance to change tactics is getting tiresome and Hill/BBM-esque.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of these players don't have it in them when the going gets tough. The outlook isn't looking good.

We might be safe this season (just) but it might not be a similar story next season, especially if teams with money like Stockport and Wrexham come up.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:02 - Mar 26 with 11279 viewsTomRAFC

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 26 by jacko_dale

I can't remember seeing so much of a player and still be unsure what type of player they are, but that's Broadbent. Robbie said he was an exciting signing, but I've still genuinely no idea what to expect from him.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:05 - Mar 26 with 11228 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 26 by Cedar_Room

Bottom line is we arenā€™t scoring enough goals.
Before we sold Beesley we had scored 30 goals in 22 league games averaging 1.36 gpg
After Beesley itā€™s 11 goals in 15 league games - averaging 0.73 goals per game

How many more points would we have got if weā€™d kept up the Beesley era goal rate? We should have scored 8 or 9 more goals and that almost certainly would have seen us pick up a few more wins. The midfield certainly donā€™t create enough chances, they donā€™t contribute goals themselves and no-one playing up front is able to conjures magic from nothing. Stockdale has to realise we are sleepwalking into relegation and needs to throw everything at this second half to score some bastard goals.

Thatā€™s a good assessment. The Beesley deal has ended up benefitting nobody, even though it made some sense at the time. Amazed Blackpool didnā€™t want him to stay here on loan as they clear have had little intention of using him at first. The player himself will have gone backwards too.

We need something from this second half, ourselves and/or elsewhere, or there could be some difficult decisions to be made. Really hoping for a turnaround by 5pm.

Edit: ā€œor elsewhereā€ at least. Mansfield equalise at Oldham
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 16:09]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:09 - Mar 26 with 11172 viewsIOMDale

Oldham watch: Mansfield equalise.

UTDNFS

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 11161 viewsIOMDale

Speaking of Beesley, Newby has just absolutely bottled a header that he would have won against the keeper if heā€™d have committed himself.

UTDNFS

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 11162 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:02 - Mar 26 by TomRAFC

I can't remember seeing so much of a player and still be unsure what type of player they are, but that's Broadbent. Robbie said he was an exciting signing, but I've still genuinely no idea what to expect from him.

#ChrisLee

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:11 - Mar 26 with 11148 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 16:02 - Mar 26 by TomRAFC

ā€˜Nothingā€™ would seem a fair expectation.

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024