Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread 19:02 - Mar 24 with 30898 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 26 with 4145 viewskel

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:14 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Troll

Nibble. Lol.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 26 with 4152 views442Dale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:10 - Mar 26 by Shun

I would say Ball is a typical box-to-box midfielder rather than AM.

Whilst thinking Ball has been a improvement on what we have in midfield, still not sure heā€™s going to be the answer there. The goalscoring is a bonus and we might get more success if a decision is made to ā€˜Rickie Lambertā€™ him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 26 with 4020 viewsDale27

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Whilst thinking Ball has been a improvement on what we have in midfield, still not sure heā€™s going to be the answer there. The goalscoring is a bonus and we might get more success if a decision is made to ā€˜Rickie Lambertā€™ him.

Our current midfield is the worst we have had for a long while, certainly central.

Ball is not the answer either, his general play has been poor so far, I donā€™t get the hype with him just because heā€™s scored a couple of goals. Dooley and Broadbent would not catch Bacupā€™s side!
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 22:52 - Mar 26 with 3970 viewsswiggy

There are now only 4 teams below us in the league and our home record against them is nothing short of disgaceful, Scunthorpe 0-0, Barrow 0-0, Oldham 0-1, Stevenage 2-2. 3 blanks against the worst teams in the league, we canā€™t even score one goal at home against the 3 worst teams in the league, that must be a record that no other team has ever achieved. Is it any wonder that disillusionment has set in. No home goals against the three worst teams in the league, be proud RS record breaker
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 23:26 - Mar 26 with 3876 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 26 by pioneer

Glad to see no one has blamed trevor kettle ā€¦.yet!

Was he even there? That game could have been played without him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 23:33 - Mar 26 with 3851 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 21:05 - Mar 26 by 1907

ā€œGloating at the demise of a decent blokeā€ WTF. Are you alright? When did a millionaire, former footballer become more important than our club? This clueless manager is leading us into a relegation battle, something Iā€™ve been clearly pointing out for weeks (being one of the only voices of reason amongst the madness following the shite thatā€™s been served).

I think itā€™s quite funny how listening to the unofficial podcast all the lads on there pretty much agree with everything Iā€™ve been saying, yet you and Kel havenā€™t abused them like you have me? Strange.

Iā€™ll have the temerity to call you whatever the hell I like after the way you and your little mate have insulted & singled me out on here in recent weeks. Iā€™m more than happy to do so in the flesh as well if you like?

I very much doubt Stockdale is a millionaire.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 00:33 - Mar 27 with 3743 viewsAltDaleComms

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 00:58 - Mar 27 with 3715 viewsSandyman

Can't find the comment, but a couple of games back, a poster on here said something, very sensibly, along the lines of Stockdale had 10 games left to prove himself as being able to make changes, win games and entertain Dale fans. Summat along those lines and far better articulated than I've managed.

Not looking good is it? FFS prove the doubters wrong Robbie. Otherwise, you'll have to go, and as a well liked manager, a fair few Dale fans don't want that to happen. I'm one of them. We like the nice guy, but RAFC needs points on the pitch. Can you do it? After what yer average season ticket holder has seen on our meadow on your watch, can you enthuse them to renew next term? Some are lapsing and not bothering to go to games as it has been so dire to watch. The club can't afford that, and the club comes first. Banging good wins in our forthcoming home fixtures will help. Make it happen. If you can't.... maybe we'll have to find someone who can for 2022-23.

#UTDNFS
Login to get fewer ads

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 11:17 - Mar 27 with 3293 viewsDale_4_Life

Another here that wants Robbie to turn this around...

A win Tuesday puts a new complexion on the league table and allow the players and supporters some space to breath.

Let's have a win with a performance!! Any less at home v Carlisle and my opinion could start to waiver.

2 back to back home defeats combined with an Oldham win v Stevenage could be the recipe for this horrible season to get even worse.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 11:28 - Mar 27 with 3261 viewsboromat

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 11:17 - Mar 27 by Dale_4_Life

Another here that wants Robbie to turn this around...

A win Tuesday puts a new complexion on the league table and allow the players and supporters some space to breath.

Let's have a win with a performance!! Any less at home v Carlisle and my opinion could start to waiver.

2 back to back home defeats combined with an Oldham win v Stevenage could be the recipe for this horrible season to get even worse.

Same still hoping Robbie can turn it around and want him to do well. But it's getting more and more difficult to warrant his place. Let's see what he can muster on Tuesday. As I've posted earlier I can't make it and the last time I couldn't be there was the Newport win so here's hoping!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 11:52 - Mar 27 with 3211 viewsLaveritty

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 23:26 - Mar 26 by TVOS1907

Was he even there? That game could have been played without him.

Was thinking pretty much the same thing myself. The match had a definite 'end of season game played in the spring sunshine' vibe and it was 16 minutes in before Mr Kettle awarded the first free kick of the game.

Can't remember a bad foul in the whole 90 minutes (which sums up our approach to games at the minute) and the only yellow card was brandished to a Crawley player near the end for kicking the ball away. That said, can't believe EOC escaped a booking for his petulant pull back on their player when he lost the ball on the half way line and the ref waved 'play on!'

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happenā€¦

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 12:08 - Mar 27 with 3155 viewsjonahwhereru

I canā€™t see a guaranteed benefit for the season in changing the management team now. To many poor decisions are made at a time of panic and I donā€™t want the board to panic.
Would I have swapped RS for any of Sheridan, Evans, Brown or Simpson, absolutely not.
RS had the most injury free squad I can Remember for a long while, and hasnā€™t got the most out of them. Key injuries have now started occurring at the wrong time of the season, but time now for him to prove his mettle. Those contracted for next season need to step up and drag the team to a couple of victories.
The board will have a decision to make in the closed season. IMO RS should get more time as like all of us he will improve with more on the job experience.
Stick together and donā€™t panic.
Always UTDNFS
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 27 with 2773 views49thseason

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 12:08 - Mar 27 by jonahwhereru

I canā€™t see a guaranteed benefit for the season in changing the management team now. To many poor decisions are made at a time of panic and I donā€™t want the board to panic.
Would I have swapped RS for any of Sheridan, Evans, Brown or Simpson, absolutely not.
RS had the most injury free squad I can Remember for a long while, and hasnā€™t got the most out of them. Key injuries have now started occurring at the wrong time of the season, but time now for him to prove his mettle. Those contracted for next season need to step up and drag the team to a couple of victories.
The board will have a decision to make in the closed season. IMO RS should get more time as like all of us he will improve with more on the job experience.
Stick together and donā€™t panic.
Always UTDNFS

I think its time for Stockdale to cast off his "apprentice manager" approach and start to throw his weight about with the players and perhaps the fans too. This is the job he wanted, if he wants to stay in management he needs to talk the talk and walk the walk. The club needs a real leader, Bottom thrived in the vacuum that BBM created, its time to burst that bubble. Simon seems like a thoroughly decent bloke but he needs to be Mr Nice to Stockwell's "not so nice if provoked" attitude if he has one. Say what you like about Keith Hill, but he grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and was the alpha male in the pack. We need some of that now.
There isn't much point in going over and over the same tactics, the message is now simple... "we need to be "at it" for 95 minutes, we need to out-run them, out-tackle them and put the ball in their net as often as humanly possible. If we can do that we have good enough footballers to win games, but these are the basic expectations"
If anyone can't do this or isn't prepared to then put someone in who is , better to put 10 plus a goalkeeper on the pitch that are prepared to do battle than 10 tippy-tappy experts who don't like to tackle and fight. Take off the soppy woolly gloves, Stop running for water every time the whistle blows, stop apologising for bad passes or anything else for that matter, it happens , just don't do it twice.. Just get stuck into them, challenge for everything, don't give them a second to think, sharpen your elbows, and get busy. The bruises don't hurt when you win!
The Dale fans will always support a trier. Effort and commitment go a long way at this level add a bit of talent and some players will go much further much faster.
Its time to batter someone, Tuesday will do for starters, 100% from everyone in a blue shirt, no shirking , no excuses, no stepping out of challenges, lets kill off the softy Rochdale image once and for all. Bollocks to the Fair Play League. Jobs are on the line now.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:56 - Mar 27 with 2740 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 27 by 49thseason

I think its time for Stockdale to cast off his "apprentice manager" approach and start to throw his weight about with the players and perhaps the fans too. This is the job he wanted, if he wants to stay in management he needs to talk the talk and walk the walk. The club needs a real leader, Bottom thrived in the vacuum that BBM created, its time to burst that bubble. Simon seems like a thoroughly decent bloke but he needs to be Mr Nice to Stockwell's "not so nice if provoked" attitude if he has one. Say what you like about Keith Hill, but he grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and was the alpha male in the pack. We need some of that now.
There isn't much point in going over and over the same tactics, the message is now simple... "we need to be "at it" for 95 minutes, we need to out-run them, out-tackle them and put the ball in their net as often as humanly possible. If we can do that we have good enough footballers to win games, but these are the basic expectations"
If anyone can't do this or isn't prepared to then put someone in who is , better to put 10 plus a goalkeeper on the pitch that are prepared to do battle than 10 tippy-tappy experts who don't like to tackle and fight. Take off the soppy woolly gloves, Stop running for water every time the whistle blows, stop apologising for bad passes or anything else for that matter, it happens , just don't do it twice.. Just get stuck into them, challenge for everything, don't give them a second to think, sharpen your elbows, and get busy. The bruises don't hurt when you win!
The Dale fans will always support a trier. Effort and commitment go a long way at this level add a bit of talent and some players will go much further much faster.
Its time to batter someone, Tuesday will do for starters, 100% from everyone in a blue shirt, no shirking , no excuses, no stepping out of challenges, lets kill off the softy Rochdale image once and for all. Bollocks to the Fair Play League. Jobs are on the line now.

Completely agree with that (apart from Stockwell...!!). in fact, it's a variation on my mantra about Stockdale being his own man, rather than making reference to mentorship which imo simply undermines his authority in the eyes of players who will always wonder if he really means what he says or is it someone else's words?

Time to sink or swim... and if its swim, not the crawl!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:58 - Mar 27 with 2748 viewsalbert_park

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 27 by 49thseason

Brilliantly put 49th, and it sums up my feelings completely. I hope that those who are urgently wanting Robbie gone, view this post positively. When Robbie was appointed, both Big Sam and Sammy Lee were mentioned as mentors but where are they now in his hour of need?
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:59 - Mar 27 with 2733 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 20:58 - Mar 27 by albert_park

Brilliantly put 49th, and it sums up my feelings completely. I hope that those who are urgently wanting Robbie gone, view this post positively. When Robbie was appointed, both Big Sam and Sammy Lee were mentioned as mentors but where are they now in his hour of need?

I sincerely hope they've fooked off!

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Mar 27 with 2669 viewsJames1980

Are those saying 'Remove Robbie' open minded? Can he redeem himself in these last 8 games of the season?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 27 with 2637 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Mar 27 by James1980

Are those saying 'Remove Robbie' open minded? Can he redeem himself in these last 8 games of the season?

Of course he can James, at least as far as i'm concerned, but if we suddenly start pulling out all the stops it'd beg a lot of questions... but never too late, as long as it's not erm, too late...

There appears to be some who've made their minds up, but please don't start a poll on it!

[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 21:59]

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 08:32 - Mar 28 with 2407 viewsJames1980

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Of course he can James, at least as far as i'm concerned, but if we suddenly start pulling out all the stops it'd beg a lot of questions... but never too late, as long as it's not erm, too late...

There appears to be some who've made their minds up, but please don't start a poll on it!

[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 21:59]

I'll do a poll on whether I should do a poll

I suppose my comment was directed at those you mentioned. If by some strange twist of fate the team RS is forced to choose due ends up not losing enough games to keep us up. Would the staunches of the Robbie out brigade give him a chance to make amends next season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 2357 viewsmikehunt

The staunchest of the RS out brigade will be braying ā€œTold you so!ā€ should the custard hit the fan next season.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 10:50 - Mar 28 with 2253 viewsDaleiLama

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 26 by pioneer

Glad to see no one has blamed trevor kettle ā€¦.yet!

We've gone to pot - it would be egregious calling the kettle in the black?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 12:16 - Mar 28 with 2152 viewsDaleiLama

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 00:58 - Mar 27 by Sandyman

Can't find the comment, but a couple of games back, a poster on here said something, very sensibly, along the lines of Stockdale had 10 games left to prove himself as being able to make changes, win games and entertain Dale fans. Summat along those lines and far better articulated than I've managed.

Not looking good is it? FFS prove the doubters wrong Robbie. Otherwise, you'll have to go, and as a well liked manager, a fair few Dale fans don't want that to happen. I'm one of them. We like the nice guy, but RAFC needs points on the pitch. Can you do it? After what yer average season ticket holder has seen on our meadow on your watch, can you enthuse them to renew next term? Some are lapsing and not bothering to go to games as it has been so dire to watch. The club can't afford that, and the club comes first. Banging good wins in our forthcoming home fixtures will help. Make it happen. If you can't.... maybe we'll have to find someone who can for 2022-23.

#UTDNFS

It was ATP Sandyman - last page of the Stockdale In/Out thread. I remember 'cos it chimed with exactly what I was thinking at that time.

And I agree with your synopsis too - it's not looking good ..........

More often than not:

Our crossing is poor when it needs to be good to create chances (over/under hit or at the keeper)
Our set pieces are dire
Our tackling is weak
Trapping/control lets us down way too often
Our strength in the challenge is insufficient (pushed off the ball too easily especially Grant and Newby)
Our desire is poor (Newby bottled header takes centre stage) with the exception of maybe Dorsett and EOC (and Ball and Campbell who are both out)
Our finishing needs no comment (15 shots on target in the last 4 with 2 goals to show for it after three outings failing to score).
We give the ball away too often.
Defensively, with Robbie's first choice line up, we are not getting hammered regularly, but with 5 at the back nor should we.
We just aren't showing any consistent signs of improvement. We hover over or under a line of bang-average to poor.

In a league where it has been pointed out week in and week out that the teams we have faced have more often than not been less than impressive, it's a travesty that we are in a relegation scrap. I almost baled on the Crawley game but Andrews came on so I stuck with it as it was 2/3 of the "heavy horses" package which would have been completed by Campbell pre-injury. We at least weren't pushed around after that.

Putting the form table to one side, I suspect one of the reasons the fan base feels like it's had the life sucked from it is the "post-Covid" effect. A new manager, a new season and new hope - all dashed. The players and manager have to show they care now. Nothing else will do.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 1981 viewsseasidedale

Just as an aside, I believe that Sam Kelly is our physio but I notice that the past few week that a young lady comes on the pitch to attend to injured player, I canā€™t find anywhere who she is
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:39 - Mar 28 with 1868 viewsrichfoad32

Guy I work with said his mate was at the game Saturday to check out a Dale player for Russell Martin at Swansea. Not sure who he was running the rule over but I don't think anybody did themselves any favours.
Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 15:19 - Mar 28 with 1788 viewsIOMDale

Crawley Town (a) Match Thread on 14:39 - Mar 28 by richfoad32

Guy I work with said his mate was at the game Saturday to check out a Dale player for Russell Martin at Swansea. Not sure who he was running the rule over but I don't think anybody did themselves any favours.

Iā€™m honestly struggling to think who thatā€™d be. I know when EOC first joined us, he turned Oxford & MK Dons down - was Martin in charge at MK at that time?

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024