Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton Going: 10:19 - Apr 28 with 11294 viewsDean

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-confirms-he-is-set-to-leave-qpr

Sad times.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:40]
Warburton Going: on 12:52 - Apr 28 with 2673 viewsHooping_Mad

Grateful for the works he's done with what he's had at his disposal.

Glad the club didn't sack him, and has a shown some class. He deserved to see the season out for what he's achieved.

When you think Warnock got us up on the first try and some still call him Colin, maybe we have all grown up a bit.

All of the posters who say don't sack the guy if he's his own best replacement, I think you may have something there. Next season could get very interesting if it starts badly.

If Mark does go then I think he's shown the club and us too a fair bit of respect. So Thank you.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Warburton Going: on 12:52 - Apr 28 with 2668 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Should he depart, then he’s one of a handful of managers in my lifetime who leaves things better than he found them.

Given that the last manager they appointed to achieve this basic criteria was Warnock 12 years ago, it doesn’t bode well that the suits will make a better appointment than Warbs given their historical penchant for making shockingly poor selections either side of Warnock.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warburton Going: on 12:58 - Apr 28 with 2610 viewsBoston

So, is Warburton toast?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warburton Going: on 13:03 - Apr 28 with 2572 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton Going: on 12:31 - Apr 28 by Myke

On the plus side, he seems to be keen to stay, so if they can as Hoos suggested, ' shake hands, take a step back and see where we are going' then they well come to the conclusion that Warburton is the best man for the job. It may seem a bit messy at the minute, but at least nobody can accuse the board of a 'knee jerk' reaction to our recent poor form.

Hope you're right, otherwise I strongly suspect it will be yet another car crash from the people running the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton Going: on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 2547 viewsdaveB

Warburton Going: on 12:14 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

body language between the Gaffer and Paul Morrisey doesn't look good... both seem really down... or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-qprshu-preview-280422/

you wouldn't expect anyone to be happy at the moment given how the season has ended
Warburton Going: on 13:11 - Apr 28 with 2526 viewsE15Hoop

body language between the Gaffer and Paul Morrisey doesn't look good... both seem really down... or am I reading too much into it?

No, I don't think you are reading too much into it. I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. Mozza looks like he's about to burst into tears at the end!
Warburton Going: on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 2522 viewsRuislipHoop

Don’t think it makes a lot of difference who has the job,we will always have limited funds which means players who aren’t quite good enough.Mid table will always be our main aim.
Warburton Going: on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 2392 viewsStanisgod

Makes me want to not bother tonight even more, only really coming to get TC s book signed

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton Going: on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 2350 viewsSuperhoop83

Terrible decision not to offer Warburton a new contract.

He was, and still is, the right man in the right place at the right time and he has done a fantastic job.

I couldn't fathom how we kept winning through late December and January and, as someone else has said, injuries and a change of luck - and there is so much luck in football at this level - have taken us back to where we probably belong.

If/when he leaves, he should be remembered as a great manager of QPR.

Suffering since 1978.

Warburton Going: on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 2269 viewssevenhoop

terrible decision as far as I am concerned.
Warburton Gone on 13:43 - Apr 28 with 2237 viewsNewBee

Warburton Gone on 10:39 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Clearly hasn't lost the dressing room, injuries and loss of form has crippled us it's football it happens

Depends what you mean by "losing the dressing room".

Often it means that the players have lost their respect for a manager, even come to dislike him, and so visibly stop trying etc.

But it's also possible that they can still like and respect the guy as an individual, but lose confidence in his ability to give them what they need when things have started to go wrong.

So that in February, when results stopped coming and the players looked to MW for answers (new tactics, formations, selections etc), all they got was the same stuff they'd been hearing for the previous 2 1/2 years. And try as they might, they began to lose conviction that his management of their efforts would get them back on track.

Maybe "taken them as far as he can" rather than "losing the dressing room"?
Warburton Going: on 13:48 - Apr 28 with 2215 viewsNorthantsHoop

If this is Warbs final season, it will be a disappointment. He is by far the best manager we have had for years and got us to be competitive in this division whilst juggling budget constraints.
Warburton Going: on 13:53 - Apr 28 with 2159 viewsQPR_John

I think the Stoke game was crucial. We seemed to have found a little of our earlier form against Huddersfield and Derby only to revert back at Stoke. The owners have to look at next season and can we take a chance on current poor performances continuing. If we start badly and Warburtons still here people will be asking why the owners did not use the preseason to settle in a new manager. Similarly if we start badly with a new manager people will say we should have stayed with Warburton. Of course if we start performing next season whether Warburtons here or not the owners will get praise for making the correct decision. It’s a gamble either way I’m just glad I do not have to make the decision. Bottom line is I support the club not the owners, manager or players.
Warburton Going: on 13:59 - Apr 28 with 2134 viewsrobith

I'm actually properly crestfallen about this.

Cancelling my friday plans to go to the match to give him a send off
Warburton Gone on 13:59 - Apr 28 with 2133 viewslightwaterhoop

Warburton Gone on 13:43 - Apr 28 by NewBee

Depends what you mean by "losing the dressing room".

Often it means that the players have lost their respect for a manager, even come to dislike him, and so visibly stop trying etc.

But it's also possible that they can still like and respect the guy as an individual, but lose confidence in his ability to give them what they need when things have started to go wrong.

So that in February, when results stopped coming and the players looked to MW for answers (new tactics, formations, selections etc), all they got was the same stuff they'd been hearing for the previous 2 1/2 years. And try as they might, they began to lose conviction that his management of their efforts would get them back on track.

Maybe "taken them as far as he can" rather than "losing the dressing room"?

You put it better than my post that was being responded to.I think MW has found the limit of his abilities as have the players, but strangely enough not the supporters.
Warburton Gone on 14:06 - Apr 28 with 2093 viewsRangersw12

Warburton Gone on 13:59 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

You put it better than my post that was being responded to.I think MW has found the limit of his abilities as have the players, but strangely enough not the supporters.

"I think MW has found the limit of his abilities as have the players, but strangely enough not the supporters"

Because none of the realistic alternatives seem to be better than what we already have
Warburton Going: on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 2020 viewsLazyFan

Two things did him in.
Willock getting injured was the major blow. Unlucky there.

The loans have not delivered. Gray did what was expected of a prem player at the least. Sanderson was okay, but nothing special and I bet was expensive.

Hendricks offered nothing whatsoever and I would argue blocked people like Bettache from getting a game. Might have upset JoJo as well. That was a Les referral that Warbs accepted.

John Eustace should get the nod now, he's earned it, knows the team and the challenges and it was his idea to rip it up when Warbs came in. If not then he will be off and that is the bigger risk in my view. Losing one of them is risky, losing both is even worse.

Whoever takes over, including Warbs in that, we still need to renew Barbs, Moses, Uncle. And bring in one LB, one RB, one number 9 and a pacy right-winger. 4 new players then. That's not a mega amount but enough.

Side note: The so-called Sports Science has failed not in keeping players fit (no one can predict that), but in identifying players who after a major injury will stay fit. This needs to be improved.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warburton Going: on 14:20 - Apr 28 with 2008 viewsLanhoop

When it comes to QPR surely everyone with a connection is feeling a bit down about it? I know I am.
Warburton Going: on 14:24 - Apr 28 with 1977 viewsAntti_Heinola

Moz looks visibly upset there, more than just disappointed at how the season's ended.

Bare bones.

Warburton Going: on 14:31 - Apr 28 with 1912 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton Going: on 14:17 - Apr 28 by LazyFan

Two things did him in.
Willock getting injured was the major blow. Unlucky there.

The loans have not delivered. Gray did what was expected of a prem player at the least. Sanderson was okay, but nothing special and I bet was expensive.

Hendricks offered nothing whatsoever and I would argue blocked people like Bettache from getting a game. Might have upset JoJo as well. That was a Les referral that Warbs accepted.

John Eustace should get the nod now, he's earned it, knows the team and the challenges and it was his idea to rip it up when Warbs came in. If not then he will be off and that is the bigger risk in my view. Losing one of them is risky, losing both is even worse.

Whoever takes over, including Warbs in that, we still need to renew Barbs, Moses, Uncle. And bring in one LB, one RB, one number 9 and a pacy right-winger. 4 new players then. That's not a mega amount but enough.

Side note: The so-called Sports Science has failed not in keeping players fit (no one can predict that), but in identifying players who after a major injury will stay fit. This needs to be improved.

Not sure how this has become a thing, but Willock was injured about half way through the 'terrible run' and Dickie later than that.

Seriously think someone of SJ's experience would get 'upset' by the club erm......signing a player? - seen one or two in his time I reckon?

Its most likely a number of things, some we can guess at, some we can't.

Same applies to MW's contract situation as well I reckon.
Warburton Going: on 14:41 - Apr 28 with 1869 viewsLongRanger

Really disappointing he's going, too many reasons to understand why we've had the bad run, but ultimately he's a victim of his own success, we exceeded expectations in 2021 and now those expectations have led to him going. Can understand it, but don't agree with it.
Warburton Going: on 14:42 - Apr 28 with 1859 viewsRs_Holy

Warburton Going: on 13:59 - Apr 28 by robith

I'm actually properly crestfallen about this.

Cancelling my friday plans to go to the match to give him a send off

yep I will be giving it "Warburton's Blue and White Army" as loud as I can on Friday (R Block you have been warned!)..
Warburton Going: on 14:56 - Apr 28 with 1769 views222gers

Warburton Going: on 12:58 - Apr 28 by Boston

So, is Warburton toast?

He'll move on to another London club. After all, he's a Londoner born and bread.
Warburton Going: on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 1755 viewsthemodfather

if he goes, thanks for what you did, if he stays we need to toughen up, be stronger both physically and mentally imo. we can be lightweight.
for me did he get the backing he wanted in jan window when we could have gone 2nd?
was there any interference from board?
ire WHAT WENT WRONG SO DRAMATICALLY?
Warburton Going: on 15:05 - Apr 28 with 2686 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton Going: on 14:31 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

Not sure how this has become a thing, but Willock was injured about half way through the 'terrible run' and Dickie later than that.

Seriously think someone of SJ's experience would get 'upset' by the club erm......signing a player? - seen one or two in his time I reckon?

Its most likely a number of things, some we can guess at, some we can't.

Same applies to MW's contract situation as well I reckon.

Not really true with Willock.

If we say the run started v Peterborough...

Peterborough - L (didn't play)
Middlesbrough - D (played - scored)
Barnsley - L (didn't play)
Millwall - L (played)
Hull - D (played)
Blackpool - W (played 1st half, in which we were well on top, hooked after the red card)
Blackburn - L (played)
Cardiff - L (played)
Luton - W (sub, came on at 1-1)
Forest - L (played, kicked out of game at 0-0)

Essentially, while he played in some losses, if he didn't play we definitely didn't win and lost 5 in a row if you include Forest once he was properly out.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024