Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton Going: 10:19 - Apr 28 with 11293 viewsDean

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-confirms-he-is-set-to-leave-qpr

Sad times.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:40]
Warburton Going: on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 2619 viewspaulparker

He has done a decent job but we have fell away badly when at the start of the year we were only 3 points off second , this seems a trait of his time here , go on massive losing runs and then go 5/6 unbeaten
He seems to have lost a few of the senior pros and that’s only going to go one way for him
I wish him the best but in all honesty he is never going to get this club promoted and that has to be the end game at some point, we cannot keep being small time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton Going: on 15:13 - Apr 28 with 2609 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton Going: on 15:05 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Not really true with Willock.

If we say the run started v Peterborough...

Peterborough - L (didn't play)
Middlesbrough - D (played - scored)
Barnsley - L (didn't play)
Millwall - L (played)
Hull - D (played)
Blackpool - W (played 1st half, in which we were well on top, hooked after the red card)
Blackburn - L (played)
Cardiff - L (played)
Luton - W (sub, came on at 1-1)
Forest - L (played, kicked out of game at 0-0)

Essentially, while he played in some losses, if he didn't play we definitely didn't win and lost 5 in a row if you include Forest once he was properly out.

Its all stats but of those 10 games you list he DID play in, there are 6 that we did NOT win!

Soooo if he played in another 7 after that, what makes you think he/we would have done any better, given that the whole team hasn't got any better?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 15:14]
Warburton Going: on 15:23 - Apr 28 with 2539 viewsRanger_Things

Well that article just shat on my day.
Warburton Going: on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 2534 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton Going: on 15:09 - Apr 28 by paulparker

He has done a decent job but we have fell away badly when at the start of the year we were only 3 points off second , this seems a trait of his time here , go on massive losing runs and then go 5/6 unbeaten
He seems to have lost a few of the senior pros and that’s only going to go one way for him
I wish him the best but in all honesty he is never going to get this club promoted and that has to be the end game at some point, we cannot keep being small time

There have been some poor streaks but 'massive losing runs' is an exaggeration. Sheffield Utd away on the 5th April 2022 was the first time we had lost four in a row in the three years he has been here.
Warburton Going: on 15:41 - Apr 28 with 2448 viewsEastR

Warburton Going: on 15:27 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

There have been some poor streaks but 'massive losing runs' is an exaggeration. Sheffield Utd away on the 5th April 2022 was the first time we had lost four in a row in the three years he has been here.

You see what you’ve done there FB? Broken the cardinal rule of the internet, which states: never let some factual information get in the way of an unsubstantiated claim dressed up as ‘FACT’.
Witchcraft, well done

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Warburton Going: on 15:58 - Apr 28 with 2359 viewsWestbourneR

Hugely disappointed.

A very very risky and, in my opinion, wrong decision.

He took over the club in a total shambles with a lopsided bloated squad. He shifted a lot of dead wood and brought in good young players on lower wages.

If injuries hadn't been so cruel we'd still be in the playoffs.

I can't really see how he could have done much more.

So dejected. It's really upset me.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warburton Going: on 16:11 - Apr 28 with 2289 viewsW7Ranger

The board, the club, the staff, the players and the fans obvs want at least play offs next season.

What you've got to weigh up is whether you think we have a better chance to do it with a bit of tweaking with the current squad under the current manager that knows our squad/club inside out.

Or start off again from scratch with a new manager, and all that comes with that change.

I know which one I'd go with.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 9:22]
Warburton Going: on 16:17 - Apr 28 with 2248 viewsDorse

Shitpissdamnbuggerfcuk.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton Going: on 16:27 - Apr 28 with 2206 viewsdaveB

Warburton Going: on 16:11 - Apr 28 by W7Ranger

The board, the club, the staff, the players and the fans obvs want at least play offs next season.

What you've got to weigh up is whether you think we have a better chance to do it with a bit of tweaking with the current squad under the current manager that knows our squad/club inside out.

Or start off again from scratch with a new manager, and all that comes with that change.

I know which one I'd go with.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 9:22]

That's the optimistic view in that they are planning on a playoff push, worry is with allowing contracts to run down are the owners planning on pulling the plug
Warburton Going: on 16:40 - Apr 28 with 2124 viewsWatfordR

Warburton Going: on 16:27 - Apr 28 by daveB

That's the optimistic view in that they are planning on a playoff push, worry is with allowing contracts to run down are the owners planning on pulling the plug

I mean, I know they were looking to sell themselves and the club's future that evening, but at the presentation for potential Bond Investors at HQ, I'm sure I remember Ruben saying something along the lines of "we're in this for the long haul/going nowhere"..

There may be something going on with ownership, but I don't believe pulling the plug would make any sense. Something has definitely derailed us, but I just can't get my head round what, nothing I can think of really seems to make sense.
Warburton Going: on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 2075 viewsSonofpugwash

Could be off to Birmingham.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Warburton Going: on 16:56 - Apr 28 with 2002 viewsPaddyhoops

Hope we give him a big send off. He deserves it.
Clever, erudite man who has turned me from a member who gets to most games to a season ticket holder who never misses one.
He'll be missed but we move on and hopefully they'll give Eustace a crack at it. He knows the players and hopefully if we keep injury free with the players we have. Add a few more,lose one or two.
We go again.
Warburton Going: on 17:54 - Apr 28 with 1765 viewsDorse

Warburton Going: on 16:17 - Apr 28 by Dorse

Shitpissdamnbuggerfcuk.

Just to clarify, I am pissed off to be losing him. Makes no real sense to me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Warburton Going: on 17:57 - Apr 28 with 1735 viewsJuzzie

2021 - great calendar year. Club should do a review of the whole year.
Warburton Going: on 18:06 - Apr 28 with 1675 viewsHooping_Mad

Warburton Going: on 14:17 - Apr 28 by LazyFan

Two things did him in.
Willock getting injured was the major blow. Unlucky there.

The loans have not delivered. Gray did what was expected of a prem player at the least. Sanderson was okay, but nothing special and I bet was expensive.

Hendricks offered nothing whatsoever and I would argue blocked people like Bettache from getting a game. Might have upset JoJo as well. That was a Les referral that Warbs accepted.

John Eustace should get the nod now, he's earned it, knows the team and the challenges and it was his idea to rip it up when Warbs came in. If not then he will be off and that is the bigger risk in my view. Losing one of them is risky, losing both is even worse.

Whoever takes over, including Warbs in that, we still need to renew Barbs, Moses, Uncle. And bring in one LB, one RB, one number 9 and a pacy right-winger. 4 new players then. That's not a mega amount but enough.

Side note: The so-called Sports Science has failed not in keeping players fit (no one can predict that), but in identifying players who after a major injury will stay fit. This needs to be improved.

I have to disagree that all our loans have failed and the 'things' were just two

With only 3 strikers in the squad we never settled on a selection or a system. That unsettled all of them IMO.

McCallum had several very good games, struggled with injuries and applied himself, would welcome him back.

Hendrick was a mistake in hindsight, JoJo has been injured since last year and the club didn't communicate this well as I think they were trying to protect him, may have done more harm with the fans as a result than good on that effort.

Warbs match selection, lack of halftime changes all season and then using all x3 subs around the 70th minute just made no sense on reflection. These are the 'reasons' that things have gone the way have. None of this changes my earlier post but I can see both side to the debates but coupled with him missing KPI's the management of the club now have a job to do

Perhaps they aren't entirely sure of our direction either. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the next board meeting.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Warburton Going: on 18:12 - Apr 28 with 1646 viewssdm1508

There has been a lot of talk thst Warburton had lost the dress room. Maybe the club has contributed with this due to what appears to be the decision to let him go. I'm wondering at what point the club decided not to keep him. Warburton has said in WLS interview that he has been honest with the players and his position. Maybe some players have eased up due to knowing that the initial poor run has cost him his job and then this has manifested into the terrible form we see now
Warburton Going: on 18:15 - Apr 28 with 1632 viewsHAYESBOY

Really hope the board rethink this. He seems resigned to not being offered a new deal.

Think he has done a good job and the football is good to watch.
We have no divine right to make the top 6, and certainly on the budget we have.

He should get another year at least. IMO.
I hope tomorrow night the crowd can make it clear that we want him to stay. My guess is that a majority do want him to stay.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Warburton Going: on 18:34 - Apr 28 with 1557 viewsNushnool

Very disappointing if it happens.

Hope he stays, with full board backing, so that he can operate without the Sword of Les hanging by a hair over his hairless head.
Warburton Going: on 19:41 - Apr 28 with 1374 viewseastside_r

Warburton Going: on 17:57 - Apr 28 by Juzzie

2021 - great calendar year. Club should do a review of the whole year.

Have to agree that 2021 was exceptional and as a long-term Warburton sceptic he proved me wrong in delivering over that period.

The rest of his tenure was so-so with the last three months being particularly poor as I am sure everyone will agree.
Warburton Going: on 21:05 - Apr 28 with 1231 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Based on the board’s success in managerial appointments this century, looking forward to the 2033 season…I ‘kin hope they know what they are doing!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warburton Going: on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 1185 viewsnumptydumpty

Idiotic decision.

From what they saying, they have no idea who is going to come in.

Conte Pocchetino, Mourinho or more likely my uncle Sam.

In total disagreement with this desperately poor decision IMO.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Warburton Going: on 22:45 - Apr 28 with 1037 viewsloneranger1

Warburton Going: on 15:58 - Apr 28 by WestbourneR

Hugely disappointed.

A very very risky and, in my opinion, wrong decision.

He took over the club in a total shambles with a lopsided bloated squad. He shifted a lot of dead wood and brought in good young players on lower wages.

If injuries hadn't been so cruel we'd still be in the playoffs.

I can't really see how he could have done much more.

So dejected. It's really upset me.

This. Feel so dejected.

After all the progress made over the last 3 years... and the official wording that "The search for a new manager will now begin", implying they don't know who...

There was a thread about whether this squad needs a rehaul, or similar - unfortunately, unless Eustace gets the job, I struggle to see how we're going to get a manager in who both fits the club identity and is happy with budget constraints, and doesnt want to make big changes to personnel.

There have been times when Warbs' platitudes in interviews have annoyed me, when delayed substitutions (or ones I disagree with) have annoyed me, but overall - it's been enjoyable, and great to have a likeable team and manager once again.

Really struggling to see how this is going to turn out well going into next season.

Sorry, sounds very pessimistic but I just think that overall, he's done a very good job - and who could do better?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024