Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread 10:24 - Apr 29 with 17493 viewsHullDale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:12 - May 1 with 3660 viewskel

Barton claiming his player should have showed ā€œincredible disciplineā€. Geet arfs!

Coming from a bloke who knocks his missus about.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:26 - May 1 with 3585 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 11:53 - May 1 by dingdangblue

Some bizarre comments from Barton on here. Didn't like Dale players time wasting and trying to get players sent off? He also thought they had more away fans than home fans?

Not that it matters, but did they have more support than us, what was the attendance of away and total attendance?

It was an enjoyable game, especially for an end of season game , apart from the result.

I personally have no issues regarding celebrations of players or coaching staff etc especially after they achieved such an excellent comeback, for them, and secured a win that could help them achieve promotion. I would expect any team in that situation to celebrate in that way, be strange not too. Yes Barton is a t*at but can't really have a go at him for celebrating his team doing that comeback.

Edit. yes strange comments about our players being over physical, in fact so bloody wrong and full of hypocrisy
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:31]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:39 - May 1 with 3511 viewsTVOS1907

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:26 - May 1 by foreverhopefulDale

Not that it matters, but did they have more support than us, what was the attendance of away and total attendance?

It was an enjoyable game, especially for an end of season game , apart from the result.

I personally have no issues regarding celebrations of players or coaching staff etc especially after they achieved such an excellent comeback, for them, and secured a win that could help them achieve promotion. I would expect any team in that situation to celebrate in that way, be strange not too. Yes Barton is a t*at but can't really have a go at him for celebrating his team doing that comeback.

Edit. yes strange comments about our players being over physical, in fact so bloody wrong and full of hypocrisy
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:31]

2623 Dale fans, 2005 Rovers fans

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:46 - May 1 with 3472 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:39 - May 1 by TVOS1907

Cheers. I knew there was an excellent following from Bristol Rovers, but didn't think there were more than around 2000, so again Barton talking through his arse, unless he's terrible with maths as well as being a thug.

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:56 - May 1 with 3431 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:04 - May 1 by TVOS1907

They weren't relegated until the final day of that season when they lost at home to Mansfield.

Bit like their over-exuberant celebrations yesterday then - i remember walking away from their ground with their lot with long faces going "we're down" whilst trying to hide the huge grin on mine!

[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:56]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:59 - May 1 with 3407 viewsSandyman

Nice touch before kick-off yesterday, remembering Dale fans who had passed on with applause and use of the scoreboard.

Still annoyed how a weak defence p**sed a two goal lead away, twice.

UTDNFS.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:02 - May 1 with 3390 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:39 - May 1 by TVOS1907

So our final average for the season is 2864, not at all bad imo considering we'll finish in the bottom third

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:08 - May 1 with 3355 viewsTVOS1907

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:02 - May 1 by D_Alien

So our final average for the season is 2864, not at all bad imo considering we'll finish in the bottom third

I'll answer your other question about attendances when I get chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:14 - May 1 with 3327 viewsmikehunt

Didnā€™t our players have to wrestle the ball off Barton, as he tried to prevent us taking a quick throw in, near the end of the game? More evidence of his forked tongue.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:18 - May 1 with 3295 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:14 - May 1 by mikehunt

Didnā€™t our players have to wrestle the ball off Barton, as he tried to prevent us taking a quick throw in, near the end of the game? More evidence of his forked tongue.

He's a tw#t, however can't blame them for their celebrating.

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:27 - May 1 with 3266 viewsDale_4_Life

I strongly suspect we would have celebrated in the same way roles reversed.

Gifted the Rovers first goal and that was so frustrating. What the Hell was EOC trying to do the pass was suicidal.

The build up to the equaliser at 3-3 equally we should have "got rid" several phases of play earlier.

Robbie has some big decisions to make next week I hope he is ruthless and efficient.

Such a shame the first half display was very good an d Dale really should have been out of sight with some better decision making with the final ball.

Onto Newport then over to the management to put us in the best possible position to compete next season.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:57 - May 1 with 3088 viewsD_Dale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 09:22 - May 1 by Daley_Lama

Winner was onside. EOC playing him on.

Well done Brizzle therefore, even if your manager is an oik.

Although the last goal means little to Dale, it'll probably affect Rovers' opponents in the play-offs - and to me it does look offside:

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-bristol-rovers/448976

The Rovers attacker is virtually on top of Dale's keeper, who, along with all the other defenders, runs across to the linesman.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:25 - May 1 with 3025 viewsAltDaleComms

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - May 1 with 2808 views49thseason

Good to see the BBC managing to get things right and awarding a hat-trick and winning goal to a player that didnt score the winning goal or get a hat-trick
The scoreline say Anderson scored in the 90+5 minute but the match report says
" Hat-trick hero Aaron Collins snatched a late winner as promotion-chasing Bristol Rovers twice overturned a two-goal deficit to beat Rochdale 4-3 and improve their hopes of promotion from League Two". Its wonderful that the BBC expects us all to pay for its world class reportage.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:00 - May 1 with 2495 viewsTVOS1907

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - May 1 by 49thseason

Good to see the BBC managing to get things right and awarding a hat-trick and winning goal to a player that didnt score the winning goal or get a hat-trick
The scoreline say Anderson scored in the 90+5 minute but the match report says
" Hat-trick hero Aaron Collins snatched a late winner as promotion-chasing Bristol Rovers twice overturned a two-goal deficit to beat Rochdale 4-3 and improve their hopes of promotion from League Two". Its wonderful that the BBC expects us all to pay for its world class reportage.

The BBC don't write the report. It is syndicated by someone at the ground in the press box and then used by multiple agencies, such as the BBC, Sky (Same report here: https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-bristol-rovers/448976), Soccerbase ( https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2175&season_id=154&team etc.

The goalscorer's name for the Match Facts bit will have been sent to a central agency by someone at the ground, before someone else provides the report afterwards.

The error comes about by the report being penned after the event, when it emerged Collins got the final touch. Until this is updated at the central agency, there will be a contradiction.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 20:12]

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:03 - May 1 with 2488 viewsTVOS1907

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:57 - May 1 by D_Dale

Although the last goal means little to Dale, it'll probably affect Rovers' opponents in the play-offs - and to me it does look offside:

The Rovers attacker is virtually on top of Dale's keeper, who, along with all the other defenders, runs across to the linesman.

He's virtually level with O'Connell.

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:02 - May 1 with 2373 viewsNafelad

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:57 - May 1 by D_Dale

Having watched the video, unless there were defenders not on screen, both first and 4th Bristol goals looked clear offsides to me.

Topcat

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:36 - May 1 with 2299 views442Dale

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:02 - May 1 by Nafelad

Having watched the video, unless there were defenders not on screen, both first and 4th Bristol goals looked clear offsides to me.

For the first Keohane is out of shot, for the fourth, as posted above, Oā€™Connell is playing him on further over in the penalty area.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:46 - May 1 with 2271 views49thseason

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:00 - May 1 by TVOS1907

The BBC don't write the report. It is syndicated by someone at the ground in the press box and then used by multiple agencies, such as the BBC, Sky (Same report here: https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-bristol-rovers/448976), Soccerbase ( https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2175&season_id=154&team etc.

The goalscorer's name for the Match Facts bit will have been sent to a central agency by someone at the ground, before someone else provides the report afterwards.

The error comes about by the report being penned after the event, when it emerged Collins got the final touch. Until this is updated at the central agency, there will be a contradiction.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 20:12]

Thanks, I stand corrected , but still, you would think someone would check before posting the piece. Slack work Casper!
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 11:28 - May 2 with 1826 viewsAtThePeake

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:18 - May 1 by foreverhopefulDale

He's a tw#t, however can't blame them for their celebrating.

Don't blame Barton or their players or fans for celebrating but there was one member of the Bristol coaching staff (no idea who, don't think it was his assistant) who had no interest in actually celebrating and went straight for Stockdale and the Dale bench having previously got involved for no good reason in an incident involving O'Keeffe near the touchline. It was him who the Dale bench took issue with and as soon as he had sufficiently wound the staff up to respond he dived out the way and hid behind the rest of the bench.

Tangled up in blue.

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 11:37 - May 2 with 1795 viewsjpresto

Can anyone clear up what Coutts did to get sent off? Just watched the highlights and the camera seems to pan in after it has all kicked off.
Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 12:00 - May 2 with 1743 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 11:37 - May 2 by jpresto

Can anyone clear up what Coutts did to get sent off? Just watched the highlights and the camera seems to pan in after it has all kicked off.

I could be wrong, as it was difficult to distinguish who was doing what in the general melee, but it looked to me as if Cashman stuck one on one of theirs, who fell to the ground. If he did (and he looked very sheepish as the ref tried to restore order), it must've been an uppercut!

(Not condoning it, btw)
[Post edited 2 May 2022 12:02]

Bristol Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:03 - May 2 with 1485 viewsEllDale

Sorry if Iā€™m posting a bit late but had to race off at the final whistle to Blackpool for a Northern Soul Weekend.
I can only most of the positive comments made above. I enjoyed the game immensely even though we lost.
Weā€™ve given all the promotion hopefuls except Port Vale a run for their money at Spotland.
When COK stuck in the third goal a bloke next to me in the Sandy Lane made the prescient remark that ā€œl think thereā€™s more goals in this one yetā€ and he wasnā€™t wrong.
I think that the game changed around the half hour mark when Rovers made a tactical substitution and brought on the pantomime villain peroxide blonde. They looked a good time after that.
We were really stretched on both flanks after that. Was that a reason for the introduction of White for Clark?
Charman and Brierley were excellent. I can only hope that RS was trying to shield him from the tension of a relegation battle before recalling him. He could be a major part of the team next year with an enforcer like Ball alongside him.
So pleased to see Charman score as well. The prospect of him and Campbell complementing each other upfront next season gives us something positive to look forward to.
As for the fans and celebrationsā€¦.if weā€™d pulled a deficit back like weā€™d probably have been giddy - remember games like Cambridge, MK Dons and Shrewsbury at home over the years?
And I remember giving Barton a load of grief at Fleetwood four years ago when we equalised deep into stoppage time.
The strange thing was to my mind was that the majority of their fans who were aggressive and animated werenā€™t teenage kids but grown men, some of whom must have been in their forties.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024