Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard Sacked 22:50 - Oct 20 with 10051 viewsdannyblue

now would Beale have gone there...and could he still go there having just said that he's going to stay?
Gerrard Sacked on 07:06 - Oct 21 with 2651 viewsnix

Gerrard Sacked on 01:36 - Oct 21 by Jigsore

After all this speculation and Beale's characteristaclly candid interviews it would only look even worse to go to Villa a few days later.

Relax.

I agree.

I think he's giving us to the end of the season. If he can get us up, or even in the play offs, everyone wins. His long term reputation will be enhanced as someone who is honourable but also a really good manager.

I think that would be fair from our point of view too. Getting us up would be a massive step for us obviously. But even getting us close, he will have built another really strong platform for us. All the players that he persuaded to come here would be in a position to move on having enhanced their stock and will be more attractive prospects. QPR would be able to sell maybe a couple of them on for a decent price. Leaving now would have sabotaged all of that and left a nasty taste in the mouths of those who he sweet talked into coming here. I'm sure word gets around.

He practically said this in his interview.
Gerrard Sacked on 07:16 - Oct 21 with 2608 viewsAntti_Heinola

Many reasons why this won’t happen have been mentioned, but also MB describes Gerrard as a brother. Not a chance he’ll go there after they’ve sacked his brethren in under a year - would be an insult to his mate and also the club do not have the sort of owners he’s after.
Think we are safe here.

Bare bones.

Gerrard Sacked on 07:29 - Oct 21 with 2560 viewsdistortR

Gerrard Sacked on 00:45 - Oct 21 by Boston

I never disliked Gerrard but neither did I particularly like him. The thing that always bugged me was his change of allegiance from an Evertonian to a Liverpool fan. I've always found this type of transition to be troubling.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 2:03]

transphobe.
Gerrard Sacked on 07:37 - Oct 21 with 2532 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gerrard Sacked on 00:52 - Oct 21 by SydneyRs

Not exactly a shock to anyone that Gerrard is gone, so why would Beale say what he said after not going to Wolves if this was on his radar? Makes no sense at all.

In any case, I do not think he's the guy to get you out of a relegation scrap in the prem with an established squad that is struggling. He's more of a builder and would want to take over somewhere with more stable surroundings.

In the championship a smart manager can get by with good tactics, an eye for a bargain etc. Beale is doing it with us, Jones with Luton etc. Different story up there where every team has spending power and there's much less margin for error. He also can't do anything about the squad before Jan and even then it would be limited. Also instant pressure if results don't quickly improve.

Don't see it as the right move for him, or for Villa.

Spot on for me. It's a lot easier to be a coach in the Premier League than be the manager as you get none of the flack. At QPR he is being given time, and space, to build a whole working environment in his vision. That includes working with the Academy players, U21/B team. He is also in the lucky position that he had a core group of players such as Chair, Willock etc from last season who are very good for this level and have the experience of the post January implosion. Why do you think he agreed to join QPR in the first place?
If we are being honest what he has done isn't exactly rocket science. We were all saying on here last season the team needed new wing backs, lacked pace, ball was moving to slowly, rarely playing forward through the lines. At the moment those issues have been addressed. The skill was to get the squad to buy into his ideas, and that is not easy.

He isn't going anywhere. If we go up he'll probably stay for another couple of seasons, and he would go with no hard feelings (unless he went to Chelscum).
I've been saying it since the beginning of the season we will be promoted if we stay injury free, and I haven't changed my mind. So some need to relax and enjoy the season, because as we all know nice things dont happen to QPR very often.
Roll on Saturday!
Gerrard Sacked on 07:59 - Oct 21 with 2450 viewsw7r

Can't see him going to Villa for reasons already stated.

It would be a terrible look for him, to renege on the deal less than 24 hours later. You'd need some brass bollocks to try a style that one out.
Gerrard Sacked on 08:12 - Oct 21 with 2393 viewsNorthantsHoop

Enjoy the rest of the season and see where Mick Beale takes us, exciting times at the Rangers. We might be serious contenders for promotion this season.
Gerrard Sacked on 09:00 - Oct 21 with 2248 viewsHayesender

Beale bookies favourite now for villa job. This is hard work

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gerrard Sacked on 09:08 - Oct 21 with 2219 viewsted_hendrix

Give It a rest FFS.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard Sacked on 09:09 - Oct 21 with 2219 viewssparkey

Gerrard Sacked on 09:00 - Oct 21 by Hayesender

Beale bookies favourite now for villa job. This is hard work

One thing I've learnt the past 2 days, do not trust the bookies odds!
Gerrard Sacked on 09:11 - Oct 21 with 2189 viewsSuperhoop83

Gerrard Sacked on 09:09 - Oct 21 by sparkey

One thing I've learnt the past 2 days, do not trust the bookies odds!

Quite.

He was 7/1 on for the Wolves job.

Suffering since 1978.

Gerrard Sacked on 09:19 - Oct 21 with 2136 viewsSimonJames

Anyone who has even a glimmer of belief in the idea that Beale would take the Villa job now, clearly hasn't listened to his latest interview.

And the job is probably too small for Poch.
Dyche is the most credible candidate of the peeps mentioned thus far.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Gerrard Sacked on 09:28 - Oct 21 with 2076 viewsstantheman10

As Beale was Gerrards assistant at both Rangers & Villa I would imagine he's quite good friends with Gerrard so would seem a particularly sh***y thing to do to replace him at Villa
Gerrard Sacked on 09:41 - Oct 21 with 2028 viewssdm1508

Beale didn't turn Wolves down because of who they are. He did it because like he said, the club showed faith in him, he has asked for the players to buy in and show commitment to the cause, convincing players and some of their family members that this is the club to be at. So after a short period of time and saying all that to the players, he can't then get up and leave at the first opportunity. I believe that doesn't change based on what club comes in for him. If he was to up and leave after all he has said, it would probably lead to a belief that he is a dishonorable character and that would do more harm for his reputation going forward. Some clubs might think twice about hiring in case he gets up and leaves again.
I honestly believe he thinks we have a genuine chance to go up, despite trying to be levelheaded about it. If he manages that, his stock will rise even more, taking into account how we finished the second half of the season and based on the fact the type of football we are playing. I also believe based on what he said in his interview about changes he is making behind the scenes, despite being the head coach and having a DOF above him, he is being allowed to mold things to enable him to progress the team and the club. Probably helps that his vision is in line with the clubs, which shows the club did their homework and the hiring process was done very well
Gerrard Sacked on 10:06 - Oct 21 with 1926 viewsPinnerPaul

Gerrard Sacked on 09:11 - Oct 21 by Superhoop83

Quite.

He was 7/1 on for the Wolves job.

1/10 on Sky Bet Weds evening/thurs morning.

MB is 1st/2nd favourite but as others have said, no way can he go now, just read Amit's twitter!
Gerrard Sacked on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 1752 viewsTonto

see virtually all the backroom staff (including Critchley who was only there what - 6 weeks?) have been sacked as well.

did Critchley last longer than Liz Truss? there is a future quiz question.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Gerrard Sacked on 11:18 - Oct 21 with 1681 viewsPinnerPaul

Gerrard Sacked on 10:06 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

MB is 1st/2nd favourite but as others have said, no way can he go now, just read Amit's twitter!

Looking at breakdown of odds, only reason he has come in on price, I think is because some were offering 7 or 8/1 this morning on him. Clearly a few punters have taken a erm..... punt. because he was there previously.
Gerrard Sacked on 11:22 - Oct 21 with 1663 viewsgazza1

Beale can be favourite, 2nd favourite, outsider or whatever with the bookins......he is currently not going anywhere unless something really ridiculous comes up to him with a real deal.
Gerrard Sacked on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 1654 viewsLogman

I think Villa will target and get a new face in. I know he chose to leave Villa but I think once a coach has gone the bridge is burned and clubs like to move on. It's the same with us. I couldn't see us employing Warbs or Eustace again.
Gerrard Sacked on 11:55 - Oct 21 with 1565 viewsAirtomoreira

Gerrard Sacked on 10:06 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

Looking at the timings, it seems as though Amit's twitter was released around the same time as SG was sacked.

Possibly just a warning shot across the bows of MB, saying "don't you even think about it, because your credibility would go down the pan if you left, having said what you just have"?
Gerrard Sacked on 11:58 - Oct 21 with 1552 viewsconnell10

Thread closed.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gerrard Sacked on 12:29 - Oct 21 with 1421 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Reuben Amorim - apparently. No, me neither.

66/1 on SkyBet first thing, now even money.

11th longest serving manager in the Championship, now out to 12/1

Sorry Connell

Edit - Stopped being lazy and looked him up - Boss of Sporting Lisbon.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 12:34]
Gerrard Sacked on 13:12 - Oct 21 with 1287 viewspaulparker

Should of stayed at Rangers where he won the league and was doing well in Europe
Got greedy and thought by taking the Villa job it would lead to the Liverpool job
The new Bryan Robson imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gerrard Sacked on 13:16 - Oct 21 with 1282 viewsLogman

Ian Baraclough gone as NI boss now.

There won't be any managers left soon.

The market for sheepskin coats is going to plunge.
Gerrard Sacked on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 1251 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gerrard Sacked on 13:12 - Oct 21 by paulparker

Should of stayed at Rangers where he won the league and was doing well in Europe
Got greedy and thought by taking the Villa job it would lead to the Liverpool job
The new Bryan Robson imo

His dream was to get into the PL first then on to his holy grail as Liverpool boss.
Now its looking like he is going to have to start at the bottom again .
His players were pathetic though no fight or heart its time to look at them and ask the questions.
Luiz getting sent off for a stupid head butt sums them up.He should have been sold in the summer.
I feel bad for Gerrard he is going backwards while Mick Beal is heading upwards fast
I guess we can see who is the motivator now
Gerrard Sacked on 13:30 - Oct 21 with 1197 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gerrard Sacked on 13:20 - Oct 21 by CLAREMAN1995

His dream was to get into the PL first then on to his holy grail as Liverpool boss.
Now its looking like he is going to have to start at the bottom again .
His players were pathetic though no fight or heart its time to look at them and ask the questions.
Luiz getting sent off for a stupid head butt sums them up.He should have been sold in the summer.
I feel bad for Gerrard he is going backwards while Mick Beal is heading upwards fast
I guess we can see who is the motivator now

I had the impression from some of Mick Beale’s early interviews that they were a difficult squad or at least had a bad element amongst them.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024