Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 23:51 - Dec 22 with 20864 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59182/swansea-independen

LIVE THIS XMAS. Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:49 - Dec 27 with 1101 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:46 - Dec 27 by swan65split

Who am I ?!!!!

Cullen, I told you a while ago theres a striker in there.

Not a very good one.

Two tap ins don't disguise his lack of Championship ability at basically every other part of the job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:51 - Dec 27 with 1061 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:48 - Dec 27 by Catullus

So you think the players can go out on the pitch and ignore the manager?

yes I very much do believe a different manager could get performances out of this squad.

Football is like chess, it's tactics and execution, thinking ahead.

If a player ignores the managers instructins he can and will be subbed then ignored until he does as he's told. Martin has thrown several players under the proverbial bus this season.

Edited to ask, if a manager cannot change a clubs fortunes then why do so many sack managers and appoint new ones?
If a new manager cannot turn dross around how did Steve Cooper take Forest up?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 18:50]

I think there can be an overarching approach/philosophy but when it comes down to it - talent, speed/reactions, fitness, mentality and good decision making (and a bit of luck) is what wins football games. That’s very mostly on the players.

Do you think Chelsea and Man City’s rise over the years was primarily down to the managers?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:52 - Dec 27 with 1059 viewsBryanSwan

Another game where we play poorly and then when we change it up go 4 at the back and go a bit more direct we create some chances.
Why aren't we allowed to have a go from the start?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:53 - Dec 27 with 1045 viewsTreforys_Jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:52 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

Another game where we play poorly and then when we change it up go 4 at the back and go a bit more direct we create some chances.
Why aren't we allowed to have a go from the start?

Simple answer , the manager.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1026 viewsswan65split

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:49 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Not a very good one.

Two tap ins don't disguise his lack of Championship ability at basically every other part of the job.

its a goal innit? who else has scored today?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1026 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:51 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I think there can be an overarching approach/philosophy but when it comes down to it - talent, speed/reactions, fitness, mentality and good decision making (and a bit of luck) is what wins football games. That’s very mostly on the players.

Do you think Chelsea and Man City’s rise over the years was primarily down to the managers?

Do you think Man City are more likely to win the title with Guardiola in charge or Neil Warnock?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1022 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:51 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I think you will find the answer is yes....likeFergieat its...the manager prepares and sets up up the players.....to get the results....Martin has no idea how to do so

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1007 viewsDr_Parnassus

Why didn’t we just keep Bob Bradley then?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1018 viewsBadlands

WTF playing attacking mnded players leads to a goal!
Who' have think it?
How have we picked so many yellows and Reading so few?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 with 1006 viewsBryanSwan

Why did Leicester win the premier league?
They certainly didn't have better players.

Having a better quality of player improves the chance of winning, but having a quality manager to implement their ability properly is equally if not more important.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 with 1005 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:46 - Dec 27 by swan65split

Who am I ?!!!!

Cullen, I told you a while ago theres a striker in there.

Not slighting Cullen but I could have scored that , but good for the lad

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 968 viewsBryanSwan

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 by Boundy

Got to be switched on and in the right place to score, drifted past a few that were standing still to get on the end of that.
Not saying he is quality, but that was good movement.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 968 viewsCatullus

You are comparing apples and oranges now, both those clubs spent vast amounts on the best players AND the top rated managers.

Guardiola is the top manager right now and he was top man when Man City spent out on him.
If the owners didn't think a manager could influence the team that much, why bother having managers? Why would Man City spend millions getting Pep in?

Incidentally, pep is allegedly earning 20 million per season and has spent close on ONE BILLION quid, quite a lay out if he's not primarily responsible.

For somebody who has no bias towards Martin you are putting a good shift in defending him. A better defensive shift than Sorinola.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 968 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

Having a better quality of player improves the chance of winning, but having a quality manager to implement their ability properly is equally if not more important.

They played to their strengths , fitness and swift on the break along with Vardy hitting a purple patch

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 962 viewsswan65split

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 by Boundy

Gerd Muller didnt do a lot either,,,,,,,

Ps so could I have done .but no one else was there were they.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:59 - Dec 27 with 945 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:55 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

Incredibly shrewd purchases of many decent players, outstanding belief amongst the players and a bit of luck along the way. Raineri is most certainly not a good example of a manager being incredibly influential/successful!
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:59 - Dec 27 with 940 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:57 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

Got to be switched on and in the right place to score, drifted past a few that were standing still to get on the end of that.
Not saying he is quality, but that was good movement.

Watch it again , he was slow to react but quicker than the defender

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 934 viewsunion_jack

But if the players aren’t up to it, don’t have the ability, the manager must play a game to get the best out of them.

Martin is flogging a dead horse.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 923 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Do you think Man City are more likely to win the title with Guardiola in charge or Neil Warnock?

The fact that squad, with all that unbelievable talent, isn’t walking the league this season might suggest there’s only so much a manager can do?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 923 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:59 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Incredibly shrewd purchases of many decent players, outstanding belief amongst the players and a bit of luck along the way. Raineri is most certainly not a good example of a manager being incredibly influential/successful!

Ranieri bought some of the players then picked the tactics and the team. No influence?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:01 - Dec 27 with 915 viewsBadlands

Watching on Sky and had a gutful of Gabbidon excusing almost every Reading foul but exaggerating ours.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Dec 27 with 901 viewsonehunglow

Martin and Pep in the same sentence !

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Dec 27 with 897 viewscockett_jack

Be great if we could nick this. Come on city!
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:04 - Dec 27 with 884 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:39 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

So you genuinely believe if a new manager came in he could pretty much turn around the dross on the pitch with tactics and formation changes? Football isn’t chess is it, the players should be able, themselves, to play well enough in the moment to create genuine chances, I can’t imagine they have a voice in the back of their minds telling them not to!

I’d bet anything that even an Allardyce or a Nathan Jones would get a hell of a lot more out of this current group of players we have. The manager is squarely the problem and I’m surprised you can’t see that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:05 - Dec 27 with 871 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Be great if we could nick this. Come on city!

related to Russ are you?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024