Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 23:51 - Dec 22 with 20166 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59182/swansea-independen

LIVE THIS XMAS. Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:16 - Dec 27 with 1013 viewskrunchykarrot

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:43 - Dec 27 by owainglyndwr

Martin out
Osian Roberts in

Now that would be a big improvement IMHO
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:17 - Dec 27 with 998 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Dec 27 by onehunglow

Martin and Pep in the same sentence !

Yes but in the context of comparing a great manager with a rubbish manager!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 994 viewsjojaca

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:14 - Dec 27 by AnotherJohn

Yes, me too. Absolutely no urgency. The Sky commentary team suggested that Norwich would be interested in Martin. One can only hope.

That's fairy tale stuff, Norwich have actual ambition to get promoted this year.

Even when you know, you never know?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 986 viewsunion_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:16 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

That's a fair point.

We all want the club to do well (except maybe Perchy), but we have a fundamental disagreement on how to do it.

For me it's the repetition. The same mistakes are made over and over again. The same players are singled out for blame over and over again. The same players are selected over and over again.

Shane Warne once said of Monty Panesar that he hadn't played X-number of Tests, but that he'd played the same Test X-number of times. That's the vibe I get from Russell Martin. He's either too stubborn or too stupid to learn from his mistakes, and too arrogant to admit either.

I don’t think he is stupid in the true definition if the word but the other two adjectives describe him to a tee.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:20 - Dec 27 with 965 viewsBryanSwan

Unfortunately i think we have hit our limit with RM, we don't look like even playoff contenders. The way we sit in and gift teams a headstart in games only to look much better when we go a bit more direct, only to set up the same every week has killed my enthusiasm.
I just can't see where the next win comes from..... Birmingham 4th of Feb?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:21 - Dec 27 with 943 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:20 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

Unfortunately i think we have hit our limit with RM, we don't look like even playoff contenders. The way we sit in and gift teams a headstart in games only to look much better when we go a bit more direct, only to set up the same every week has killed my enthusiasm.

We have shown no improvement in the 18 months he had been in charge.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:22 - Dec 27 with 943 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:16 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

That's a fair point.

We all want the club to do well (except maybe Perchy), but we have a fundamental disagreement on how to do it.

For me it's the repetition. The same mistakes are made over and over again. The same players are singled out for blame over and over again. The same players are selected over and over again.

Shane Warne once said of Monty Panesar that he hadn't played X-number of Tests, but that he'd played the same Test X-number of times. That's the vibe I get from Russell Martin. He's either too stubborn or too stupid to learn from his mistakes, and too arrogant to admit either.

Well I think the pressure will be on Martin now from above regardless of what I think (which to be clear, is not an endorsement of him, rather apathy as to how much difference a new manager could make, at least right away). It’s a shame really given where we were earlier in the season. I guess we are now back more in line with where this club is in the league in terms of attendances and spending money (or the lack thereof).
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:23 - Dec 27 with 924 viewsAnotherJohn

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:18 - Dec 27 by jojaca

That's fairy tale stuff, Norwich have actual ambition to get promoted this year.

Surely one is allowed to fantasize.😊 Martin is more likely to end up in his comfort zone in League 1, and if we aren't careful it will be with us.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 19:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:23 - Dec 27 with 922 viewsScotia

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:18 - Dec 27 by union_jack

I don’t think he is stupid in the true definition if the word but the other two adjectives describe him to a tee.

He's not a stupid man.

I'm beginning to think he's just incredibly arrogant.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 906 viewskrunchykarrot

That's a fair point.

Spot on, RM is trying to play the purist possesion game with players who are not good enough. His stubborness is costing us now, he obviously is not going to change when he clearly needs to do something. As for Flex we either start him for a few games to see if he can do it for us, we have nothing to lose. Some players were so far off it tonight it was shocking.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 897 viewsLuther27

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:20 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

After watching that I’d say we are more relegation candidates as we can’t seem to buy 3 pts anywhere. Absolutely clueless and tactically challenged…..and that’s just the manager ffs
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 897 viewscockett_jack

Good God, that second goal is even uglier on repeat viewing. Benda had a shocker today
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:25 - Dec 27 with 884 viewsPlankton

Definition of insanity...
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:25 - Dec 27 with 878 viewsshingle

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:07 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Nah, just a Swansea city supporter

Are you a part of the deluded half or the logical thinking half, many Swans supporters are a laughing stock now so be careful.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 856 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:13 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I do. It’s not like I f*cking supported MK Dons before this, is it?

No BUT, you do seem to be suggesting that martin isn't responsible for all this.

Ultimately it's the manager that carries the can, that is the way of things. maybe I should paraphrase Clough, if the manager isn't influencing the game why is he there?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 840 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:23 - Dec 27 by Scotia

He's not a stupid man.

I'm beginning to think he's just incredibly arrogant.

When it comes to football I think he is.

His knowledge seems extremely wafer thin, often refusing or avoiding getting into the nuts and bolts of tactical debate.

He talks about dominance but he’s solely talking about possession, if his team has the majority of possession he can’t work out why the team didn’t win. It’s bizarre.

This latest notion that a manager makes no difference is becoming painful. Time to call a spade a spade.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:27 - Dec 27 with 837 viewstheloneranger

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Dec 27 by onehunglow

Martin and Pep in the same sentence !

Replied to wrong comment
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 19:28]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:28 - Dec 27 with 809 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 by Luther27

After watching that I’d say we are more relegation candidates as we can’t seem to buy 3 pts anywhere. Absolutely clueless and tactically challenged…..and that’s just the manager ffs

I agree
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:28 - Dec 27 with 809 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:22 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Well I think the pressure will be on Martin now from above regardless of what I think (which to be clear, is not an endorsement of him, rather apathy as to how much difference a new manager could make, at least right away). It’s a shame really given where we were earlier in the season. I guess we are now back more in line with where this club is in the league in terms of attendances and spending money (or the lack thereof).

The money thing has always been an excuse. We were nowhere near the top spenders the last time we got out of the division.

We are not helping our cause by leaving players out for b*llshit reasons, shifting others out on loan and only using proper, actual width when we're desperately chasing games.

Martin thinks you can be competitive by denying the opposition the ball. Problem with that theory is that you can have 100% possession and still not win, or as we're consistently proving at the moment, 75% possession and lose. Laudrup saw through that crap in 2012. Pointless having the ball unless you're doing something with it.

We are purposely going into games without the best players we have for that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 793 viewsunion_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 by krunchykarrot

Spot on, RM is trying to play the purist possesion game with players who are not good enough. His stubborness is costing us now, he obviously is not going to change when he clearly needs to do something. As for Flex we either start him for a few games to see if he can do it for us, we have nothing to lose. Some players were so far off it tonight it was shocking.

They didn’t seem to try, worse still care!

Patterson showed that when he walked to get the ball for a throw in in injury time. Something is not right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 789 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:26 - Dec 27 by Dr_Parnassus

When it comes to football I think he is.

His knowledge seems extremely wafer thin, often refusing or avoiding getting into the nuts and bolts of tactical debate.

He talks about dominance but he’s solely talking about possession, if his team has the majority of possession he can’t work out why the team didn’t win. It’s bizarre.

This latest notion that a manager makes no difference is becoming painful. Time to call a spade a spade.

But surely the players need to take some responsibility for not doing anything with the ball in the final third? I find it really hard to believe they are passing it excessively without the instinct to have a pop/run at defenders
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:30 - Dec 27 with 761 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:29 - Dec 27 by union_jack

They didn’t seem to try, worse still care!

Patterson showed that when he walked to get the ball for a throw in in injury time. Something is not right.

Paterson and Oba are quite close. Who knows how many other players are close with Oba. It's not beyond likely that they're all pissed off with how he's been treated.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:31 - Dec 27 with 758 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Good God, that second goal is even uglier on repeat viewing. Benda had a shocker today

It was a very poor pass, made worse by Joe Allens run back across Grimes path, he brught his marker with him and that marker slid in and won the tackle that allowed Ince to shoot.

In a strange turn of events, the only player I can't really criticise tonight is Lee Cullen. At least he tried and he was in the right place for the goal.

We were set up poorly, we looked....well we looked like nobody was trying. In previous weeks it's been said the players are givng it all, obviously still playing for the manager. It didn't look like that tonight.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:31 - Dec 27 with 748 viewstheloneranger

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Dec 27 by Badlands

WTF playing attacking mnded players leads to a goal!
Who' have think it?
How have we picked so many yellows and Reading so few?

Hendrick kicked everyone in an orange shirt all night - not a glimmer of a yellow card.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:35 - Dec 27 with 694 viewsGwyn737

Up until now I’ve tried to remain supportive, not because I think Martin is some kind of managing god but because I couldn’t see us getting rid of him so we might as well get behind him. (I also don’t think much of the current playing roster).

I’ve had enough now. I think it’s time the crowd let him know how we feel. I’ve started sucking strepsils in preparation for getting my big boy voice out on Friday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024