Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 23:51 - Dec 22 with 20168 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59182/swansea-independen

LIVE THIS XMAS. Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:02 - Dec 27 with 1647 viewsCatullus

75% possession tonight and how many points did it win us?

More and more pointless possession, more and more mind numbingly poor football.

THAT goal kick again.

When will Martin learn. When will the owners learn?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:03 - Dec 27 with 1648 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:45 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Three? Hassenhutl, Martin, who's the other?

The ROI manager.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:09 - Dec 27 with 1610 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:02 - Dec 27 by Catullus

75% possession tonight and how many points did it win us?

More and more pointless possession, more and more mind numbingly poor football.

THAT goal kick again.

When will Martin learn. When will the owners learn?

Martin will never learn and the owners are bothered mate
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:21 - Dec 27 with 1560 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:55 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

I'm getting tired of hearing what a sacked Southampton manager might have said two years ago. It's almost as if people are incapable of forming conclusions of their own.

At any point when Obafemi has played for the Swans, has he given anything less than 100%? How many times has he bust an absolute gut chasing back from upfront to make tackles or win the ball back? How many times has he come off the pitch dripping with sweat because of the amount of work that he's put in, yet we're expected to believe that he can't be arsed and would rather not play? As in and out of the side as he has been, as continually singled out for criticism as he has been, has he ever set foot on the pitch and not given his best?

To put it another way, Martin has far more form for falling out with and then ignoring players than Obafemi does with managers.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 19:56]

He has always worked hard on match day but then if you or I were playing for the swans we would give 100% and chase everything down and come off dripping with sweat too. That isn’t the problem. Even for a small guy he always looks like he’s carrying a bit too much weight. The frustration is if he had a bit more professionalism and looked after himself better he would get better results. He’d be a bit quicker both in body and mind. His effort on the pitch is incredible but the fact he’s in his early twenties and is constantly blowing out of his arse after ten minutes suggests he’s not anywhere near as fit as he should be.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:44 - Dec 27 with 1459 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:42 - Dec 27 by guthrieintherain

Cooper failed twice then took Forest up.
Russ his heading for his 2nd season of failiure with us may well do a Cooper somewhere else Norwich possibly.

I said when he came in that his style of football is more suited to gaining himself a promotion with another club.

But not promotion for us don't think he is to worried about us if I am honest more concerned with getting himself a move like he did from MK.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 20:55]

Cooper got lucky.
His real ability was shown the season after promotion.
Martin has had the same season X four. He isn’t learning from experience. He can’t learn from his experience.
Seen it so many times in management outside football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:56 - Dec 27 with 1400 viewsmax936

Very convenient that straight after we scored and had the momentum the Ref had to sort out his Comms no wonder Martin was kicking off with him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:57 - Dec 27 with 1398 viewsReslovenSwan1

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:44 - Dec 27 by Badlands

Cooper got lucky.
His real ability was shown the season after promotion.
Martin has had the same season X four. He isn’t learning from experience. He can’t learn from his experience.
Seen it so many times in management outside football.

The owners either have to move him on or get him to accept another coaching input. What Graham Jones did for Roberto.

Why was Calderwood linked with the club at the start of the season? The limition of Martin must have been discussed. .

Who's idea was it and who blocked it. It seemed to be a done deal at one time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:11 - Dec 27 with 1349 viewsunion_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:57 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners either have to move him on or get him to accept another coaching input. What Graham Jones did for Roberto.

Why was Calderwood linked with the club at the start of the season? The limition of Martin must have been discussed. .

Who's idea was it and who blocked it. It seemed to be a done deal at one time.

Russell would never accept that and forcing it on him would undoubtedly be a breach of contract. We’ve had this discussion before.

He goes voluntarily or forcibly or he stays. No other options. I think I know which one unfortunately.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:15 - Dec 27 with 1322 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:11 - Dec 27 by union_jack

Russell would never accept that and forcing it on him would undoubtedly be a breach of contract. We’ve had this discussion before.

He goes voluntarily or forcibly or he stays. No other options. I think I know which one unfortunately.

Next run of games could see him gone and us right in the mere, if the status quo continues.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:22 - Dec 27 with 1289 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:15 - Dec 27 by max936

Next run of games could see him gone and us right in the mere, if the status quo continues.

I don't think we're under any real threat of relegation, assuming the current squad quality doesn't deteriorate (which it might). There are plenty worse sides and we're capable of scraping together enough points.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that we're not going to be troubling the other end of the table however, which we should be with the players that we have available. The only thing stopping us is managerial intransigence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:24 - Dec 27 with 1280 viewsnantywatcher

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:28 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Whose word do we have for Obafemi "throwing his toys out"? The idea that he refused to play was proven to be guff some time ago. He didn't play because Martin didn't pick him, and for no other reason.

Again I ask the question, has Obafemi ever given less than 100% when on the pitch? Even if he does want a move, what are we gaining by not selecting someone as capable and hard working?

100 per cent -Seriously. He spends most games jogging around in a dream. Hard working - that is comedy gold.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:31 - Dec 27 with 1254 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:24 - Dec 27 by nantywatcher

100 per cent -Seriously. He spends most games jogging around in a dream. Hard working - that is comedy gold.

Hush now. Grownups talking.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:39 - Dec 27 with 1234 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:24 - Dec 27 by nantywatcher

I think he probably is hardworking and spends long hours at it as well, its just the execution of his hard that he struggles with, think he talks far to much to the players individually ans collectively and they're unable to absorb all the information at once,

Probably goes over far to much instead of concentrating, or a particular area and getting that right before moving on, players have a responsibility in that as well of course, but I really think its him liking the sound of his own voice and goes on and on and that's where it all goes tits up.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:56 - Dec 27 with 1211 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:22 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

I don't think we're under any real threat of relegation, assuming the current squad quality doesn't deteriorate (which it might). There are plenty worse sides and we're capable of scraping together enough points.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that we're not going to be troubling the other end of the table however, which we should be with the players that we have available. The only thing stopping us is managerial intransigence.

Really?

7 points from the bottom 3 with a tough run of games coming up.

You are far more optimistic than me Dr.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:58 - Dec 27 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

He will use these stats as his next job interview.
He will blame our players ,fans,everyone but him.
He will portray himself as a victim.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:59 - Dec 27 with 1206 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:02 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

No fvcking sh!t sherlock.

It's upto you to get it sorted.

He’s had 18 months. It’s plain as day that he can’t.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:03 - Dec 27 with 1195 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:59 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s had 18 months. It’s plain as day that he can’t.

But the thing is Bryn he can do it, he showed before the wc that he could adapt the gameplan, it got us upto 4th.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:06 - Dec 27 with 1183 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:03 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

But the thing is Bryn he can do it, he showed before the wc that he could adapt the gameplan, it got us upto 4th.

But didn’t stay there ,ergo pointless
Right now his ability to ruin players can be seen in Benda, a decent keeper now being subjected to Martinball.

Benda s confidence can literally be seen ebbing away.

I reckon hecwill blame Benda and bring back Fisher

He is that bad

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:13 - Dec 27 with 1147 viewsmajorraglan

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:56 - Dec 27 by pencoedjack

Really?

7 points from the bottom 3 with a tough run of games coming up.

You are far more optimistic than me Dr.

Next 4 league games look tough and to be honest I’m not confident of getting any points. I know they beat Sunderland, but at times it was close and Sunderland applied a lot of pressure at the start of the second half and it nearly go5 them a point.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:15 - Dec 27 with 1142 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:03 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

But was it achieved by design or just good fortune , we are on a poor run and performance wise it's getting worse

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:16 - Dec 27 with 1135 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Was that him or the players just deciding to play the way they wanted to? There’s no method here, if this is all a plan then it’s the most shockingly I’ll thought out idea since Lord Nelson exclaimed “Lady Hamilton is a virgin - cut off my arm and poke my eye out if I’m wrong”. Or something else like that.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:16 - Dec 27 with 1133 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:15 - Dec 27 by Boundy

But was it achieved by design or just good fortune , we are on a poor run and performance wise it's getting worse

We are where we are .
It’s all about the now
Nobody is confident and few happy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:18 - Dec 27 with 1133 viewsDr_Winston

Since we first dropped into this division people have predicted our imminent relegation from it. I don't think they ever truly grasped how bad it is.

Martin is not completely incompetent. In many ways it would almost be easier if he was. There's plenty in the squad and in him to avoid relegation. Sadly that seems to be our current limit.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:22 - Dec 27 with 1115 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So the alternative view is that he can do it but now chooses not to? That’s even worse than not being able to do it in the first place!

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:45 - Dec 27 with 1070 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:22 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

So the alternative view is that he can do it but now chooses not to? That’s even worse than not being able to do it in the first place!

Yep, it shows his arrogance, getting the ball quicker up front worked but it doesn't fit Martin's mantra.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024