Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 23:51 - Dec 22 with 20167 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59182/swansea-independen

LIVE THIS XMAS. Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:19 - Dec 27 with 1405 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:07 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Maybe it’s time for Swansea fans to drop the whole ‘Swansea way’ thing. Not saying what we are witnessing is that but would Swansea fans trade passing and possession based football for scruffier wins? Wasn’t that the problem with Cooper in a lot of peoples eyes?

Martin's football is not the " Swansea way" and actually that referred to hiw we ran the club and found players.....then it has been turned around to talk about a passing game......we didnt look to dominate possession under Martinez or Brendan.....and definitely under Laudrup.....we hVent won in 8 games the football webppay is bland and certainly not entertaining.....its worse than we saw under Cooper but no one will admit to that...
Martin has no clue....an ex defender yet has no clue in setting up a defence ....still believes that dominating possession means controlling a game despite usually losing or drawing at best.......
This is Martin's 4th season in management and he is not learning still doing the same thing over and over again

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:20 - Dec 27 with 1403 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:13 - Dec 27 by union_jack

Everyone but Grimes it seems😁

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but perhaps the least essential player in the regular starting XI is the most essential player according to the manager who has served up the last eighteen months.

There's a hint there for people willing to see it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:21 - Dec 27 with 1386 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:16 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

Well it's the truth.

really !
you are so out of touch

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:22 - Dec 27 with 1380 viewsguthrieintherain

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:55 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

I'm getting tired of hearing what a sacked Southampton manager might have said two years ago. It's almost as if people are incapable of forming conclusions of their own.

At any point when Obafemi has played for the Swans, has he given anything less than 100%? How many times has he bust an absolute gut chasing back from upfront to make tackles or win the ball back? How many times has he come off the pitch dripping with sweat because of the amount of work that he's put in, yet we're expected to believe that he can't be arsed and would rather not play? As in and out of the side as he has been, as continually singled out for criticism as he has been, has he ever set foot on the pitch and not given his best?

To put it another way, Martin has far more form for falling out with and then ignoring players than Obafemi does with managers.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 19:56]

You cant blame Russ for a player throwing his toys out when Burnley would not meet the clubs valuation.

What time of year is it now transfer window opening next week come on talk sense.

Russ has plenty of faults but you can"t blame him for a greedy player trying to force a move.

Just because you keep repeating the same story don't make it right.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:23 - Dec 27 with 1361 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:21 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

really !
you are so out of touch

So you think that Obafemi is a well behaved player after three different managers have said that he has attitude problems?

Out of touch? At least I don't mostly post when we have lost.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 20:24]
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:28 - Dec 27 with 1323 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:22 - Dec 27 by guthrieintherain

You cant blame Russ for a player throwing his toys out when Burnley would not meet the clubs valuation.

What time of year is it now transfer window opening next week come on talk sense.

Russ has plenty of faults but you can"t blame him for a greedy player trying to force a move.

Just because you keep repeating the same story don't make it right.

Whose word do we have for Obafemi "throwing his toys out"? The idea that he refused to play was proven to be guff some time ago. He didn't play because Martin didn't pick him, and for no other reason.

Again I ask the question, has Obafemi ever given less than 100% when on the pitch? Even if he does want a move, what are we gaining by not selecting someone as capable and hard working?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:30 - Dec 27 with 1315 viewsswan_si

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:55 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

I'm getting tired of hearing what a sacked Southampton manager might have said two years ago. It's almost as if people are incapable of forming conclusions of their own.

At any point when Obafemi has played for the Swans, has he given anything less than 100%? How many times has he bust an absolute gut chasing back from upfront to make tackles or win the ball back? How many times has he come off the pitch dripping with sweat because of the amount of work that he's put in, yet we're expected to believe that he can't be arsed and would rather not play? As in and out of the side as he has been, as continually singled out for criticism as he has been, has he ever set foot on the pitch and not given his best?

To put it another way, Martin has far more form for falling out with and then ignoring players than Obafemi does with managers.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 19:56]

You must have seen his interviews, that's how he is in real life, childish, immature and a clown, apparently he's a nice enough bloke, but professionally he let's himself down, I'd say the reason he comes off the pitch dripping with sweat is more down to his love of a Mc'd, if he doesn't change his attitude he will be problematic wherever he goes. These are the words of a ( non coaching ) SCFC employee who I know and respect.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:30 - Dec 27 with 1313 viewsmax936

At the end of the day I don't think we'll ever get promoted with Martin at helm, between 10th and 16th is where we'll probably end up most season's he's here, I just can't see anything changing as long as he's here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:31 - Dec 27 with 1313 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:23 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

So you think that Obafemi is a well behaved player after three different managers have said that he has attitude problems?

well we dont win much........
it's funny isn't it Ogebeta,Piroe and Oba last season...Fulton
This fraud throws playetsnundrr the bus at every opportunity to take the the focus of his inadequacies....imagine how you would feel after a shout went wrong due to the call of the station officer yet they called out the officers as being to blame....I'm sure you and your colleagues would welcome that yet Russy has done this on more than one occasion its meter down to him it's the players the bus the grass the journey....
he is killing us ....I called it a long time ago......
the guy is a fraud

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:40 - Dec 27 with 1253 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:20 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but perhaps the least essential player in the regular starting XI is the most essential player according to the manager who has served up the last eighteen months.

There's a hint there for people willing to see it.

Matty "marmite" Grimes.

I hate marmite.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED iTunes on 20:40 - Dec 27 with 1253 viewssw02sea

And this is the guy we are going to entrust, to manage our club for another 1 to 2 yrs, with an extension to his contract, negotiated by himself, with the football blind American owners ???
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:42 - Dec 27 with 1236 viewsguthrieintherain

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:30 - Dec 27 by max936

At the end of the day I don't think we'll ever get promoted with Martin at helm, between 10th and 16th is where we'll probably end up most season's he's here, I just can't see anything changing as long as he's here.

Cooper failed twice then took Forest up.
Russ his heading for his 2nd season of failiure with us may well do a Cooper somewhere else Norwich possibly.

I said when he came in that his style of football is more suited to gaining himself a promotion with another club.

But not promotion for us don't think he is to worried about us if I am honest more concerned with getting himself a move like he did from MK.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 20:55]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 1230 viewsswan65split

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-our-mentality-both-boxes-continu
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 1219 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:23 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

Three? Hassenhutl, Martin, who's the other?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 1207 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:30 - Dec 27 by swan_si

You must have seen his interviews, that's how he is in real life, childish, immature and a clown, apparently he's a nice enough bloke, but professionally he let's himself down, I'd say the reason he comes off the pitch dripping with sweat is more down to his love of a Mc'd, if he doesn't change his attitude he will be problematic wherever he goes. These are the words of a ( non coaching ) SCFC employee who I know and respect.

that certainly sums up Russim his interviews fairplay

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:46 - Dec 27 with 1206 viewslifelong

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:24 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

Good God, that second goal is even uglier on repeat viewing. Benda had a shocker today

I agree, we also missed at least 3 sitters.

Benda had very little to do but what he did he fecked up.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:48 - Dec 27 with 1187 viewsswan_si

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:45 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

that certainly sums up Russim his interviews fairplay

Did you introduce the P to rick?
Sorry, forgot to add, tongue in cheek
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 20:49]
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:50 - Dec 27 with 1169 viewsheatwave

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:43 - Dec 27 by swan65split

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-our-mentality-both-boxes-continu

Yes poor mentality by the players. It's their fault. They are being paid to score goals and defend. They are very naughty boys.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:52 - Dec 27 with 1141 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:48 - Dec 27 by swan_si

Did you introduce the P to rick?
Sorry, forgot to add, tongue in cheek
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 20:49]

no THATS down to Russy and his fan boys like you

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:53 - Dec 27 with 1125 viewsswan_si

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:52 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

no THATS down to Russy and his fan boys like you

great comeback
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:54 - Dec 27 with 1122 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:43 - Dec 27 by swan65split

Well, he's the manager and he doesn't seem able to sort things out and get his message across, he needs to ask himself why.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:56 - Dec 27 with 1102 viewsvetchonian

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:50 - Dec 27 by heatwave

Yes poor mentality by the players. It's their fault. They are being paid to score goals and defend. They are very naughty boys.

yet again Martin comes out with the same old claptrap....but the likes of Swans Si will be behind him ....so sad

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:59 - Dec 27 with 1071 viewsswan_si

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:56 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

yet again Martin comes out with the same old claptrap....but the likes of Swans Si will be behind him ....so sad

now that's plain nasty.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:59 - Dec 27 with 1068 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:31 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

well we dont win much........
it's funny isn't it Ogebeta,Piroe and Oba last season...Fulton
This fraud throws playetsnundrr the bus at every opportunity to take the the focus of his inadequacies....imagine how you would feel after a shout went wrong due to the call of the station officer yet they called out the officers as being to blame....I'm sure you and your colleagues would welcome that yet Russy has done this on more than one occasion its meter down to him it's the players the bus the grass the journey....
he is killing us ....I called it a long time ago......
the guy is a fraud

So i am right re obafemi and you posting alot after we lose then?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:02 - Dec 27 with 1042 viewsFireboy2

No fvcking sh!t sherlock.

It's upto you to get it sorted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024