Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's actually needed? 07:51 - Jan 9 with 5851 viewsGloucs_R

New striker, who knows where the goal is. But apart from that?

Do we have too many players who want to play number 10 and not enough who are more comfortable on the wings?

Poll: Are we staying up?

What's actually needed? on 21:57 - Jan 9 with 1832 viewsNorthantsHoop

A home win and some goals from our boys at the Loft End would be a start.
What's actually needed? on 22:31 - Jan 9 with 1748 viewsFredManRave

Rail bedding.

When you realise that the team can't be arsed, you pull down the bed from the rails, sleep off the pre match beers and get woken up with a gentle nudge from the stewards.

Estimated sleep time, 100 minutes, you've sobered up and feel refreshed and ready for some post match beers and banter.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What's actually needed? on 09:17 - Jan 10 with 1608 viewsgazza1

A proper decent striker would be massive for this Team/Club......difficult, I know, but we should be signing a striker as the first priority......
What's actually needed? on 09:41 - Jan 10 with 1575 viewsGuppy

1.Players to do milling in the changing room pre match to get a bit of oomph
2.Forget horse racing/golf 4th round day - full days hard training instead
3.Subs to be taken in changing room at half time as not doing anything productive otherwise
4 Fans invited in after a game to line both sides of corridor for players to walk through school style
5 Future signings to be offered lower basic pay but extra for appearances/win bonus etc
6 Players to clean training ground facilities after use to realise how lucky they are

Maybe a bit extreme but needed after Saturday. As Clive says they can play it its just mindset and focus thats needed
What's actually needed? on 09:48 - Jan 10 with 1536 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Stop signing crocks. With the possible exception of Field (and was he really injured that much at WBA?) it's just not working. No point signing Johansen on a three-year contract if he's barely available. It's a short-cut to proper scouting and signing young, up-and-coming players from the lower leagues.
What's actually needed? on 09:50 - Jan 10 with 1528 viewsWegerles_Stairs

What's actually needed? on 11:07 - Jan 9 by WokingR

A big pair of these

Get Buster Gonad in.
What's actually needed? on 09:52 - Jan 10 with 1531 viewsed_83

In order of importance, as I see it:

1.) A proper nasty little bar steward of a defensive midfielder to sit alongside Field and give us more mettle in the middle of the pitch. Ideally someone who can tackle for days but also play a bit, who'll get on other players' backs and in the ref's ear whenever things aren't up to scratch, and demand better performances from the talented but mentally fragile academy boys we've filled our team with. A Roy Keane / Shaun Derry type, basically.

2.) A striker to compete with / offer an alternative to / play alongside Dykes. We desperately need more goals, so everything will hinge on their scoring ability. Pace would be good, but ultimately all that matters is that it's someone who can start putting the ball in the back of the net from the moment they arrive. I realise that's a very tall order.

3.) A right winger with pace and ability - Shodipo has the former, Albert has the latter, but neither of them have both. Someone who can create chances regularly, cover for Wilock's loss of form and help convince Chair that he doesn't have to beat entire teams single-handedly.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:53]
What's actually needed? on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1493 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FFP compliance comes first. If we need £10m or something like it by the summer, then no signings this month.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

What's actually needed? on 10:01 - Jan 10 with 1481 viewsCamberleyR

What's actually needed? on 09:52 - Jan 10 by ed_83

In order of importance, as I see it:

1.) A proper nasty little bar steward of a defensive midfielder to sit alongside Field and give us more mettle in the middle of the pitch. Ideally someone who can tackle for days but also play a bit, who'll get on other players' backs and in the ref's ear whenever things aren't up to scratch, and demand better performances from the talented but mentally fragile academy boys we've filled our team with. A Roy Keane / Shaun Derry type, basically.

2.) A striker to compete with / offer an alternative to / play alongside Dykes. We desperately need more goals, so everything will hinge on their scoring ability. Pace would be good, but ultimately all that matters is that it's someone who can start putting the ball in the back of the net from the moment they arrive. I realise that's a very tall order.

3.) A right winger with pace and ability - Shodipo has the former, Albert has the latter, but neither of them have both. Someone who can create chances regularly, cover for Wilock's loss of form and help convince Chair that he doesn't have to beat entire teams single-handedly.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:53]

" A proper nasty little bar steward of a defensive midfielder to sit alongside Field and give us more mettle in the middle of the pitch. Ideally someone who can tackle for days but also play a bit, who'll get on other players' backs and in the ref's ear whenever things aren't up to scratch, and demand better performances from the talented but mentally fragile academy boys we've filled our team with. A Roy Keane / Shaun Derry type, basically."

As I think daveB mentioned, someone like Ben Pearson would be perfect for this role. He's hardly played for Bournemouth this season but I'd suspect he's way out of our budget unless Bournemouth were covering most of his wages.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What's actually needed? on 10:46 - Jan 10 with 1393 viewsSilverfoxqpr

What's actually needed? on 10:00 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

FFP compliance comes first. If we need £10m or something like it by the summer, then no signings this month.

Yes this surely. Unless Willock IS about to exit for a couple of quid can't imagine any of the above transfer activity happening (as much as I agree it's needed). Maybe a striker in on loan at best this window.
What's actually needed? on 11:11 - Jan 10 with 1353 viewsderbyhoop

About 100m in ready cash.

Then we should be able to recruit a striker that scores 15 per season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What's actually needed? on 11:40 - Jan 10 with 1284 viewsPhilmyRs

What's actually needed? on 10:00 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

We need to inject some medicine in this team and I think a couple of signings is the only option right now. A couple of new faces must be achievable, despite the financial restrictions. If we do some tidy business (loans most likely), I think the impact could be huge as there's some talent in our ranks, we just need to get the right blend and everyone's head in the right space. If we don't do anything, I fear things could get very ugly.
What's actually needed? on 11:46 - Jan 10 with 1266 viewstoboboly

Backbone

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What's actually needed? on 12:09 - Jan 10 with 1217 viewsBlue_Castello

So the general consensus is we need somebody hard in midfield, now let me see why did we let Dom Ball go again because it's lost on me, he had his limitations but did a great job protecting the back four and creating team spirit with his attitude in every game, ironically he's injured at the moment which didn't happen much on our books.
In the Summer if you asked me who I would rather keep between Dozzell and Ball it was a no brainer , we spent good money on Dozzell so I'm sure the powers that be thought we have to make it work and obviously only Balls contract had expired so they took the easy option.
Yet again were going to go through a pain barrier whilst the new manager does a rebuild which is not going to happen until the Summer, we have Beale to thank for this current mess.
What's actually needed? on 12:10 - Jan 10 with 1215 viewsPhilmyRs

Would love a striking option with pace, a centre mid that has leadership skills and ability to spot a pass and a winger that's got pace and which would be an upgrade on Albert and Mido. Think this would turn us into genuine top 6 material that would beat most teams on its day. We could hope that Richards and Roberts are able to help here, but still not sure on them.

As a bare minimum I think we need an alternative option to Dykes up front and some leadership in the team.

Ultimately, I look at the best team we can pick, and I think it could be decent. Seny in goal, a back 3 of Dickie, Dunne and JCS, Laird and Paal wing backs, Field and Jo-Jo in the middle, Willock and Chair playing off Dykes. throw in a a new striker option and decent centre mid to replace Stef when his fitness issues prop up and have the flexibility to shift to a 4 if JCS or the former Rangers man are injured, could still see us do well.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 12:11]
What's actually needed? on 12:33 - Jan 10 with 1134 viewsBlue_Castello

What's actually needed? on 12:10 - Jan 10 by PhilmyRs

Would love a striking option with pace, a centre mid that has leadership skills and ability to spot a pass and a winger that's got pace and which would be an upgrade on Albert and Mido. Think this would turn us into genuine top 6 material that would beat most teams on its day. We could hope that Richards and Roberts are able to help here, but still not sure on them.

As a bare minimum I think we need an alternative option to Dykes up front and some leadership in the team.

Ultimately, I look at the best team we can pick, and I think it could be decent. Seny in goal, a back 3 of Dickie, Dunne and JCS, Laird and Paal wing backs, Field and Jo-Jo in the middle, Willock and Chair playing off Dykes. throw in a a new striker option and decent centre mid to replace Stef when his fitness issues prop up and have the flexibility to shift to a 4 if JCS or the former Rangers man are injured, could still see us do well.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 12:11]

Yeah Ive been saying for a couple of weeks we need to switch to a back three to get some stability into the team and get our best players on the pitch at the same time, we reverted to this under Warbs when results were going down the drain, the fact is we actually have two players who can play wing back now and it would give them the opportunity to push forward more often.
What's actually needed? on 13:38 - Jan 10 with 1048 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's actually needed? on 11:40 - Jan 10 by PhilmyRs

We need to inject some medicine in this team and I think a couple of signings is the only option right now. A couple of new faces must be achievable, despite the financial restrictions. If we do some tidy business (loans most likely), I think the impact could be huge as there's some talent in our ranks, we just need to get the right blend and everyone's head in the right space. If we don't do anything, I fear things could get very ugly.

Agree, Phil, if it is financially possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What's actually needed? on 14:26 - Jan 10 with 980 viewsWokingR

What's actually needed? on 10:01 - Jan 10 by CamberleyR

" A proper nasty little bar steward of a defensive midfielder to sit alongside Field and give us more mettle in the middle of the pitch. Ideally someone who can tackle for days but also play a bit, who'll get on other players' backs and in the ref's ear whenever things aren't up to scratch, and demand better performances from the talented but mentally fragile academy boys we've filled our team with. A Roy Keane / Shaun Derry type, basically."

As I think daveB mentioned, someone like Ben Pearson would be perfect for this role. He's hardly played for Bournemouth this season but I'd suspect he's way out of our budget unless Bournemouth were covering most of his wages.

Yes, but can you imagine having to get behind such a detestable little scrote and accept him as one of our own ?
What's actually needed? on 15:11 - Jan 10 with 942 viewsCamberleyR

What's actually needed? on 14:26 - Jan 10 by WokingR

Yes, but can you imagine having to get behind such a detestable little scrote and accept him as one of our own ?

Yes, but he'd be our detestable little scrote (until the end of the season).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What's actually needed? on 15:54 - Jan 10 with 883 viewsdenhamhoop2

What's actually needed? on 09:32 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Setting aside what we could actually afford, which is not much, the team lacks...
- a decent goalscoring striker
- any pace whatsoever, from anybody
- a voice, leadership
- strength and goals from central midfield

Out of those sadly the first is unlikely to be in our price range but is possible looking at Luton and their recruitment. The second yet again is something that tends to be found especially if paired with decent technique to be out of our price range . Strong goal scoring centre midfielders are few and far between in the Championship in fact there aren't any with 6 or more goals this season so realistically the easiest of these to fill is a player with leadership skills. There must be a gnarled pro out there to come in be our current Sean Derry/Adam Bolder/Tommy Doherty/Steve Palmer
What's actually needed? on 16:54 - Jan 10 with 815 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Assuming there's headroom for it, a couple of tough but creative midfielders as well as a striker who can actually hit the target from 10 paces. Above all, any players coming in must possess character, leadership qualities and mental strength.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 18:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024