Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 19:16 - Apr 22 with 6928 viewsHillAndDerry

I thought he made a real difference when he came on today. Chased down long balls superbly and caused problems with his pace and physicality. If he can improve his finishing, I think he could be some player. Great to see his passion for the club shine through at the end as well.
Armstrong on 19:21 - Apr 22 with 5791 viewsKerryE

I agree. He made a major impact.
Always seems to win 70-30 balls not in his favour.
Armstrong on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 5779 viewsNorthLondonR

I love him and completely agree, was the hit of methadone we needed today..
Armstrong on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 5770 viewsStevenageRanger

He made a HUGE difference when he came on.

Strength and pace is superb. If we can work on his control and finishing there is a top player there.
Armstrong on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 5766 viewsbaz_qpr

Just got to keep the kid fit, he creates the space for the likes of Chair to play. Thought his yellow was harsh as well he was pulling the trigger to shoot.

Desperate for him to get his first goal
Armstrong on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 5765 viewsE15Hoop

Yes, that got noted on the radio commentary as well.
My guess is that if we finish the job at Stoke next week, then the home game against Bristol City will see the younger squad members get more pitch time, so you might see Taylor Richards spraying passes in the channel for Sinclair Armstrong to run onto.
Could well become much more of a regular sight next season.
Armstrong on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 5732 viewsaston_hoop

Get the feeling Ainsworth loves him. He only has one speed and he goes head first into everything, not a criticism, just an observation. But in games like this, he really shit up the Burnley defenders and playing the way we do on the break, thats huge.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Armstrong on 19:29 - Apr 22 with 5653 viewspaulparker

What a player to put on when your trying to relive some pressure
Ok he can’t shoot nut he has power and pace and defenders hate that, he also isn’t afraid to give the defenders a good old fashioned shoulder barge
I line him a lot

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Armstrong on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 5600 viewsqprd

need to invest in this lad

the finishing will come ... he just needs to get a few to go in

playing channel balls off defensive clearances as GA likes to do is a lot more fruitful when you have someone like that running the channels
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 19:41 - Apr 22 with 5522 viewskarlski

Agree with all of this thread.

Probably most impactful coming off bench at moment when game is already a little stretched and players might be a little tired, but I’d advocate for giving him more games from the start so he can work on learning how to manage his energy and use his pace effectively across a whole game. Plus he’ll improve his touch, movement, finishing by playing regularly. Lots of potential for sure. Hope we can start him v either Stoke or Bristol C (and he gets his goal).
Armstrong on 20:21 - Apr 22 with 5277 viewsLazyFan

Uncle should be dropped, move Lowe out to the wing and then play Armstrong up front for Dykes flick-ons.

This way we can force them back, if opp plays a high line then we can drop balls into Armstrong behind.

This is the way.

zzzzzzzzzz

Armstrong on 20:26 - Apr 22 with 5221 viewsdmm

Amphetamine Shirely?
Armstrong on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 5157 viewsstevec

Would like to know what specifically holds managers back from playing him regularly, particularly now we play two up.

He’s got the pace and power, just something about his footwork and balance that holds him back at the mo from being a very good forward. If that can be sorted out it would transform him and this side.
Armstrong on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 5154 viewsflynnbo

Les was very raw when he first started for us. If Sinclair can be half the player Les was then we'd have a real prospect..
Armstrong on 20:31 - Apr 22 with 5150 viewsted_hendrix

I'm not entirely convinced I'd start him, his Injury record aint that good Is It, but coming on as a sub like he did today after about an hour was a great Substitution by GA.

There Is a lot of promise in this lad, get him running into the box at a 100MPH plus and we'll soon be winning penalty's.

Gotta nurture him and work with him though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armstrong on 20:38 - Apr 22 with 5072 viewsBklynRanger

I actually think his technical abilities are slightly above what a lot of us give him credit for too. Have seen live where a ball has gone out and I'd assume he'd overhit it but actually he controlled it well.

And his movement seems good - allowing for the fact that he can stand wherever he wantsreally he'll still get there... Was interesting seeing him today, regardless of how accomplished those Burnley defenders felt they were he could still rattle them.
Armstrong on 20:47 - Apr 22 with 4994 viewsextratimeR

Armstrong on 20:38 - Apr 22 by BklynRanger

I actually think his technical abilities are slightly above what a lot of us give him credit for too. Have seen live where a ball has gone out and I'd assume he'd overhit it but actually he controlled it well.

And his movement seems good - allowing for the fact that he can stand wherever he wantsreally he'll still get there... Was interesting seeing him today, regardless of how accomplished those Burnley defenders felt they were he could still rattle them.

He put the fear of god into the Burnley back 3/4? today, after that first challenge (where the Burnley defender obviously had no idea who he was), you could see their was a very visible outbreak of twitchy ar** syndrome amongst the Burnley Defenders.

By the end of the game I noticed an increase in Burnley defenders stepping back a yard when he got possession.

Lyndon Dykes was magnificent today, took out the Burnley centre half in the First half and laughed at him.
Armstrong on 20:50 - Apr 22 with 4940 viewsaston_hoop

Should be noticed in amongst all this that Harwood-Bellis and Beyer are both the best of the best when it comes to Championship centre backs, to put that fear into them definitely shouldn't be underestimated!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Armstrong on 21:37 - Apr 22 with 4728 viewsBrianWilson

He was very good today. He makes me nervous though like he is going to injure himself or someone else, get sent off or do something crazy. Certainly livens things up

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Armstrong on 01:50 - Apr 23 with 4238 viewsLblock

Love this lad to score the goal that confirms safety

Then after the FT whistle he goes around dry slapping and packing the bags of those wnkers who put in 1% of the efforts he does

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Armstrong on 03:34 - Apr 23 with 4134 viewsnumptydumpty

Seem to remember at least one game he started.

He was OK to start with but ran out of steam after 45 minutes.

Remember Les was often quoted as lazy but he had better idea of when to go full pelt and when not to. Which sure Sinclair would improve on over time

Very raw and currently he is often close to a mistimed tackle away from a red or a serious injury but his pace and size visibly terrifies defenders and yesterday was doing this against the best defence in the league that have benefitted from being managed by a defender that could easily be categorised as being in the top five defenders in Premier league history.

It would be of interest once he does score what impact that has on his game.

It's a shame that I believe understandably Les is likely to leave us at end of season. I am in agreement with him losing his position as DoF but for me I would hope that his attack minded experience would be udeal as a coach to our strikers but especially with Armstrong.

You only have to see the boys passion when we have won.

Surprising then when interviewed the soft Irish voice doesn't go with the menacing monster he presents on the pitch.

I hope he is managed correctly because he could go one of two ways ie it's not a given he will progress

But he is 19 so plenty of time ahead

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong on 06:34 - Apr 23 with 3968 viewsnix

The main issue about him is he won't sign a long term contract. So if we rubbed off a few of the raw edges by the end of next season, we'd only have an option for one more season and we know how that goes, as with BOS and Manning.

I love seeing him come on though and put the fear of god into other teams' defences. Shows how we miss sheer physicality and athleticism in this team. However much we enjoy the flair players like Chair and Willock bring to the team we are clearly one of the least pacy and physical teams in the Championship. Sinclair redresses that balance a bit.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 6:35]
Armstrong on 07:43 - Apr 23 with 3800 viewsdavman

He so desperately needed a L1 or L2 season long loan this season, but the club's poor recruitment strategy meant he had to stay and have the odd minute here and there on the pitch.

For his own development AND for the sake of QPR to secure a relatively good fee for him, he HAS to kick on next season.

Could go either way in my opinion.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Armstrong on 10:01 - Apr 23 with 3567 viewsozranger

Armstrong on 20:29 - Apr 22 by stevec

Would like to know what specifically holds managers back from playing him regularly, particularly now we play two up.

He’s got the pace and power, just something about his footwork and balance that holds him back at the mo from being a very good forward. If that can be sorted out it would transform him and this side.

Instead of making a straight comment like everyone else, I want to answer the question posed here. Why do managers hold back playing him regularly?

The answer is actually quite simple, but you have to watch him live to understand as the play is not around him when he is not near the ball. The primary reason is that he has zero sense of how to defend and quite lazily troddles back to the half-way line without challenging or closing down defenders, that being to defend from the front. This is a big minus in his game where managers want a player to be a full player and not be one-dimensional as he basically is. He really needs the right coach to teach him about the full game and not just to run (Forest run).

Still, he is a great player to have late in a game and to really give the jeebies to defenders. The caution he received was a poor decision. It was a foul as he hit the defender but not a caution.

As to the fact we have not signed him for a longer contract, see Clive's comments on this. Sinclair has an idiot as an agent who sprouts all sorts of stuff to try to get himself the money as opposed to treating the player as a person. Poor Sinclair is somewhat naive to believe in him and thus no contract extensions are signed.
Armstrong on 12:27 - Apr 24 with 3077 viewsfrancisbowles

Armstrong on 10:01 - Apr 23 by ozranger

Instead of making a straight comment like everyone else, I want to answer the question posed here. Why do managers hold back playing him regularly?

The answer is actually quite simple, but you have to watch him live to understand as the play is not around him when he is not near the ball. The primary reason is that he has zero sense of how to defend and quite lazily troddles back to the half-way line without challenging or closing down defenders, that being to defend from the front. This is a big minus in his game where managers want a player to be a full player and not be one-dimensional as he basically is. He really needs the right coach to teach him about the full game and not just to run (Forest run).

Still, he is a great player to have late in a game and to really give the jeebies to defenders. The caution he received was a poor decision. It was a foul as he hit the defender but not a caution.

As to the fact we have not signed him for a longer contract, see Clive's comments on this. Sinclair has an idiot as an agent who sprouts all sorts of stuff to try to get himself the money as opposed to treating the player as a person. Poor Sinclair is somewhat naive to believe in him and thus no contract extensions are signed.

Agree with that. Additionally, when he has played he has shown little sign that if started, he would get past half time.
Armstrong on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 2872 viewsNorthernr

Shows what a difference pace makes. One of our many problems is we're a slow team, so even though he's very basic technically he's quick so it makes a huge difference. The Man City lad was scared of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024