Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford First Game 10:36 - Jun 27 with 12091 viewssparkey

First game switched to Vicarage Road

Watford First Game on 22:35 - Jun 27 with 1942 viewswombat

Watford First Game on 22:11 - Jun 27 by Superhoops2808

I'll play devils advocate and say that maybe the unusually high temperatures and lack of rainfall may have caused this issue

And I agree with Juzzie, we have to play all sides twice so does it matter when?

Got a feeling the delay is to do with extra work they needed to do with the irrigation system taking longer than expected to do when they organised the work on the pitch , that’s caused the delay in layin the pitch

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Watford First Game on 22:45 - Jun 27 with 1896 viewsDannyPaddox

Watford First Game on 21:52 - Jun 27 by enfieldargh

Are you sure we played in White at our 6-1 win.

Remember Pop robson scoring to put WHU in front,at the loft end the Buzza getting a couple.

Loved that game one down then winning 6-1 under the floodlights but really dont recall us playing in white.

You might be right there mate. Maybe we played in white at Upton Park in the first game on the Saturday. That replay is one of my favourite games at Loftus Road too. Some of it I remember like yesterday. Pishing down with rain. The Loft all West Ham. Like u say they went 1 up early. Leighton James played a blinder. Only thing I can’t quite remember is which shirts played in. Time
to dig an old programme out.

Update:

Correct call Enfield.

Upton Park: No hoops.

Loftus Road Replay: Hoops

Defo turned out in all-white home to Wealdstone in the round before. Possibly.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 23:09]
Watford First Game on 00:01 - Jun 28 with 1807 viewsstowmarketrange

Watford First Game on 22:45 - Jun 27 by DannyPaddox

You might be right there mate. Maybe we played in white at Upton Park in the first game on the Saturday. That replay is one of my favourite games at Loftus Road too. Some of it I remember like yesterday. Pishing down with rain. The Loft all West Ham. Like u say they went 1 up early. Leighton James played a blinder. Only thing I can’t quite remember is which shirts played in. Time
to dig an old programme out.

Update:

Correct call Enfield.

Upton Park: No hoops.

Loftus Road Replay: Hoops

Defo turned out in all-white home to Wealdstone in the round before. Possibly.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 23:09]

I started the game in the middle of the loft,but we got pushed more to the side with every goal that went in.I finished over by the corner flag next to the paddocks.Great night though.
Watford First game on 00:13 - Jun 28 with 1798 viewsdaveB

Watford First game on 17:30 - Jun 27 by Rangersw12

No it's incompetence again .

Pitch should have been ripped up day after Bristol but they pissed about with charity games etc

4 away games and a newly promoted team out of the first 5

We need to hit the ground running this season yet we've given the manager a very tough start .

Don't worry though everything is fine on the good ship QPR 🙄
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 17:30]

Would playing Watford at home instead of away have made the start any easier? It looked tough on paper to me.

I do have some sympathy with the club, they want to have close links to the community so calling off those charity games wouldn't have been a good look
Watford First game on 00:19 - Jun 28 with 1797 viewsNorthernr

Watford First game on 17:30 - Jun 27 by Rangersw12

No it's incompetence again .

Pitch should have been ripped up day after Bristol but they pissed about with charity games etc

4 away games and a newly promoted team out of the first 5

We need to hit the ground running this season yet we've given the manager a very tough start .

Don't worry though everything is fine on the good ship QPR 🙄
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 17:30]

Absolutely this. They were still doing QPR trust knockabouts for staff and volunteers on the pitch on May 18, and a charity match May 20, now it's not ready for the start of the season.

Finer details, been saying it for months, we're miles off. Now Watford A, Cardiff A, best promoted team H, Southampton A and Boro A to start with. Good luck with that Gareth.

It's pis poor, however anybody tries to dress it up.
Watford First Game on 06:30 - Jun 28 with 1664 viewsHoopsie

Well, we won at Burnley and Stoke away and lost meekly at home to Bristol City in the last 3 games in the fight for championship survival, so starting 2 away fixtures may not necessarily be a bad idea, if nothing else, the team might feel less pressure (our away support is fantastic) as the team has already been slated for doom by many fans and pundits and we are not even at the start of July 2023!

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Watford First Game on 07:29 - Jun 28 with 1594 viewsgazza1

Not good.......very poor overall from the Club - unprofessional.

The start of the season fixtures were hard enough, this makes it much harder.
Watford First Game on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 1373 viewslosethedrum

I e mailed the club asking about if they could refund me for my now useless train ticket home i received the following reply .

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer a refund for the travel arrangements I’m afraid. SKY are yet to choose their television picks for the first game of the season, so the fixture still has the potential to move date and time if it were to be picked for television coverage sadly. Unfortunately, we do have to state that fixtures are subject to change.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support

So did we all imagine that sky released the entire first weekends fixture last thursday then ?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 19:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Watford First Game on 14:16 - Jun 28 with 1347 viewsRangersw12

Watford First Game on 14:08 - Jun 28 by losethedrum

I e mailed the club asking about if they could refund me for my now useless train ticket home i received the following reply .

Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer a refund for the travel arrangements I’m afraid. SKY are yet to choose their television picks for the first game of the season, so the fixture still has the potential to move date and time if it were to be picked for television coverage sadly. Unfortunately, we do have to state that fixtures are subject to change.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support

So did we all imagine that sky released the entire first weekends fixture last thursday then ?

Awful response from the club
Watford First Game on 14:26 - Jun 28 with 1311 viewsHayesender

Well that is just a blatant lie from the club, and a quite disgusting response.

Friday August 4

Sheffield Wednesday vs Southampton - Championship, kick-off 8pm

Sunday August 6

Leicester vs Coventry - Championship, kick-off 12pm
Leeds vs Cardiff - Championship, kick-off 2.30pm
Sunderland vs Ipswich - Championship, kick-off 5pm

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Watford First Game on 14:49 - Jun 28 with 1277 viewslosethedrum

Watford First Game on 14:26 - Jun 28 by Hayesender

Well that is just a blatant lie from the club, and a quite disgusting response.

Friday August 4

Sheffield Wednesday vs Southampton - Championship, kick-off 8pm

Sunday August 6

Leicester vs Coventry - Championship, kick-off 12pm
Leeds vs Cardiff - Championship, kick-off 2.30pm
Sunderland vs Ipswich - Championship, kick-off 5pm

Yes here is the original article from 22nd june.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/four-games-chosen-for-sky-sports-coverage-ove

To be fair i dont think its a deliberate lie but a lack of knowledge/interest about what is actually going on at the club they work for .
They have even less of an idea of the struggles fans have to go through to attend games , i count 3 home saturday home games last season where there was a full train service running & not either bus replacement or strikes.
Watford First Game on 15:54 - Jun 28 with 1152 viewsSheffieldHoop

This is a stunning response, especially when paired with the "Routines never change" guff.

The way it's going, I expect the next time I'm in the Loft the catering offering will be down to a small selection of Tesco Meal deals at a 500% markup, and only beer available will be BudLight.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Watford First Game on 18:29 - Jun 28 with 1039 viewsNorthernr

And there are those smaller details I keep talking about. Again.
Watford First Game on 22:06 - Jun 28 with 892 viewscolinallcars

Not important in the gist of things but the wording and phrasing of this reply and some I've received lead me to think it's some sort of automated AI reply. Then again perhaps I've 'ad a few too many.
Watford First game on 09:20 - Jun 29 with 729 viewstoboboly

Watford First game on 00:19 - Jun 28 by Northernr

Absolutely this. They were still doing QPR trust knockabouts for staff and volunteers on the pitch on May 18, and a charity match May 20, now it's not ready for the start of the season.

Finer details, been saying it for months, we're miles off. Now Watford A, Cardiff A, best promoted team H, Southampton A and Boro A to start with. Good luck with that Gareth.

It's pis poor, however anybody tries to dress it up.

18th May a mate who lives/works in Brum had a match from his work against another company. Tell me that couldn't have been moved/re-organised?

In regards to the moved match, the club were clearly working behind the scenes to change the fixture from before they were released. So what they should have done is be proactive and when the fixtures were released explained that they were looking at moving the fixture due to pitch issues, explain that it wasn't guaranteed and that they were talking to Watford and the League and would let supporters know asap so that they can make plans accordingly.

It isn't hard to engage with your supporter base.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024