Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 49003 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 08:40 - Aug 9 with 1022 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 08:19 - Aug 9 by felixstowe_jack

Surprised the Gower, Port Eynon, Oxwich Bay etc have not all bern renamed to encourage more tourists.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 9:24]

Nobody is renaming anything.

This is Wales and people use the original welsh names.

You want a Brit Nat nation of Tesco-towns all undistinguishable from each other.

Most of us enjoy the cultural differences we have.
After all Cymru is not Lloegr is it ?

No English born Prince of Wales .. 🇬🇧💩

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 08:55 - Aug 9 with 1019 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 08:40 - Aug 9 by Kilkennyjack

You want a Brit Nat nation of Tesco-towns all undistinguishable from each other.

It has always been know as the Brecon Beacons in Wales and the rest of the World.

Why is it acceptable to name it after a minor Welsh Prince who was a rapist?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 09:01 - Aug 9 with 1020 viewsSuperjan

Welsh Tourism on 08:19 - Aug 9 by felixstowe_jack

Surprised the Gower, Port Eynon, Oxwich Bay etc have not all bern renamed to encourage more tourists.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 9:24]

I don’t think Oxford Bay is a winner either…
Welsh Tourism on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 1009 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 08:40 - Aug 9 by Kilkennyjack

If it means this much to you then why not post using this country's second language instead of cherry picking words ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 09:25 - Aug 9 with 1000 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 09:01 - Aug 9 by Superjan

I don’t think Oxford Bay is a winner either…

That is the trouble with automatic text editing.

The Glorious Oxwich Bay.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 09:52 - Aug 9 with 988 viewsGwyn737

I suppose if we’re trying to attract tourists from abroad we need to find things that are unique. The language is one of them.

We need to make ourselves more welsh (when appropriate - I’m not suggesting we go full Monty.

I see it like Australia returning to using Uluru. Same same.

Of course, in the main context of things it means the square route of **** all.
Welsh Tourism on 10:22 - Aug 9 with 980 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 09:52 - Aug 9 by Gwyn737

I suppose if we’re trying to attract tourists from abroad we need to find things that are unique. The language is one of them.

We need to make ourselves more welsh (when appropriate - I’m not suggesting we go full Monty.

I see it like Australia returning to using Uluru. Same same.

Of course, in the main context of things it means the square route of **** all.

Gwyn tourists want attractions and the ability to get to them reasonably easily. Natural beauty which we have in an abundance, is not always enough to attract young families when you consider our climate.
Welsh Tourism on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 961 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 10:22 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

Gwyn tourists want attractions and the ability to get to them reasonably easily. Natural beauty which we have in an abundance, is not always enough to attract young families when you consider our climate.

I’m absolutely with you.

I just don’t think bilingual road signs mage that much of a difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 948 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 11:39 - Aug 9 by Gwyn737

I’m absolutely with you.

I just don’t think bilingual road signs mage that much of a difference.

In my personal experience they have caused confusion. I agree with your previous post entirely though.

Again, my main concern isn't the language, it's the amount of money being spent on these things when there is more important stuff that needs funding.

Over 30 million to change speed signs when kids are going hungry, an NHS on the verge of collapse with 5 year waits for eletive surgery, schools struggling to provide their full service and a road infrastructure not fit for purpose. Bilingualism.
All of that and more while the Senedd spends money on votes for kids and inmates, changing those signs, increasing their number in the Senedd and of course the neglgence of that returned 150 million.

Aren't peoples lives more important? Someone who can't get their hip replacement becomes an encumbrance on the welfare state, kids can't get a decent education.
The economy suffers because of poor infrastructure and young people are leaving Wales to be replaced by welathy retirees.

We are being run into the ground by an ideological buffoon and his cronies and that's before we get to Westminster.
Welsh Tourism on 12:53 - Aug 9 with 926 viewsraynor94

Welsh Tourism on 12:07 - Aug 9 by SullutaCreturned

In my personal experience they have caused confusion. I agree with your previous post entirely though.

Again, my main concern isn't the language, it's the amount of money being spent on these things when there is more important stuff that needs funding.

Over 30 million to change speed signs when kids are going hungry, an NHS on the verge of collapse with 5 year waits for eletive surgery, schools struggling to provide their full service and a road infrastructure not fit for purpose. Bilingualism.
All of that and more while the Senedd spends money on votes for kids and inmates, changing those signs, increasing their number in the Senedd and of course the neglgence of that returned 150 million.

Aren't peoples lives more important? Someone who can't get their hip replacement becomes an encumbrance on the welfare state, kids can't get a decent education.
The economy suffers because of poor infrastructure and young people are leaving Wales to be replaced by welathy retirees.

We are being run into the ground by an ideological buffoon and his cronies and that's before we get to Westminster.

And now there's a £900 millon shortfall in the budget.

Despite receiving a record award from the UK government.

The money this assembly has squandered is scandalous
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:56]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh Tourism on 13:00 - Aug 9 with 924 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Tourism on 12:53 - Aug 9 by raynor94

And now there's a £900 millon shortfall in the budget.

Despite receiving a record award from the UK government.

The money this assembly has squandered is scandalous
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:56]

Aye the ruinous Yokels are experts at scandalous behaviour/standards.

Here is an extra £27 million pounds of wastage to add to it all!
https://www.aberdareonline.co.uk/2023/07/12/wales-wrote-off-another-27-1-million

Argus!

Welsh Tourism on 14:04 - Aug 9 with 891 viewsKilkennyjack

🤣🤣

How do the English manage on the continent of Europe ?
Must be very confusing indeed.

Bless.

🚗🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

The Liz Truss budget cost the uk £30 billion.
You can get a few new road signs for that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 14:09]

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 866 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Tourism on 12:48 - Aug 8 by builthjack

You don't speak Welsh then, and by the sound of it dont 'approve if the Welsh language.
How very odd.

Wrong on both counts, unsurprisingly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Tourism on 17:20 - Aug 9 with 818 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 14:04 - Aug 9 by Kilkennyjack

🤣🤣

Bless.

🚗🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Have you driven in Europe Kilky?

The Liz Truss budget cost the whole UK that money then we have Senedd waste on top of it, waste that affects only Wales. However, you seem to be happy to be run by Welsh people no matter how imept they are.

PS, on our trips to Europe we have always used public transport because it's easier and we are less likely to get lost. Public transport across Europe being better than in the UK.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 17:23]
Welsh Tourism on 17:36 - Aug 9 with 803 viewsScotia

Welsh Tourism on 14:04 - Aug 9 by Kilkennyjack

🤣🤣

Bless.

🚗🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Liz Truss was useless, Mark Drakeford is useless and has been for many years.

I'm no fan of the Tories but at least they had the sense to ditch both Boris (eventually) and Truss. Welsh Labour have continued to waste money under Drakeford and his predecessors without meaningful challenge, since devolution.

The Welsh language, free prescriptions for all, free school meals for all, CWL airport, the South (east) Wales metro, more members, stupid unenforceable legislation, handing back unspent money etc. A complete waste of cash we obviously haven't got.

We need Drakeford to resign as he said he would and a real meaningful leadership contest as a minimum. My big fear is that Lee Waters succeeds him, that gives me the fear.
Welsh Tourism on 17:38 - Aug 9 with 801 viewsGwyn737

It’ll be interesting to see if/how the Senedd acts differently when Labour are in power.

There’s always going to be a tension when the ruling parties are different.

I wonder if the ‘we do things differently’ nonsense will be shelved when Starmer is elected?
Welsh Tourism on 17:57 - Aug 9 with 792 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Tourism on 17:38 - Aug 9 by Gwyn737

It’ll be interesting to see if/how the Senedd acts differently when Labour are in power.

I wonder if the ‘we do things differently’ nonsense will be shelved when Starmer is elected?

When Labour are in Westminster who will the Senedd blame for their incompetence ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Tourism on 17:59 - Aug 9 with 789 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 17:57 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

When Labour are in Westminster who will the Senedd blame for their incompetence ?

That’s really what my question was.
Welsh Tourism on 18:10 - Aug 9 with 789 viewsraynor94

Welsh Tourism on 17:36 - Aug 9 by Scotia

Liz Truss was useless, Mark Drakeford is useless and has been for many years.

I'm no fan of the Tories but at least they had the sense to ditch both Boris (eventually) and Truss. Welsh Labour have continued to waste money under Drakeford and his predecessors without meaningful challenge, since devolution.

The Welsh language, free prescriptions for all, free school meals for all, CWL airport, the South (east) Wales metro, more members, stupid unenforceable legislation, handing back unspent money etc. A complete waste of cash we obviously haven't got.

We need Drakeford to resign as he said he would and a real meaningful leadership contest as a minimum. My big fear is that Lee Waters succeeds him, that gives me the fear.

What a brilliant post 👏 👏

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh Tourism on 18:16 - Aug 9 with 785 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 17:38 - Aug 9 by Gwyn737

Apparently Starmer doesn't like Drakeford so things may not improve.

Drakers was just on the Welsh news, getting his excuses in early. he's saying difficult decisions will need to be made but will those decisions include cutting plans that really aren't needed, cut the white elephant that is CW airport to start with.

Wales will continue to do things differently apart from Drakeford who is doing a Nadine Dorries, they both said they'd step down. We're still waiting.
Welsh Tourism on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 762 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Tourism on 18:16 - Aug 9 by SullutaCreturned

Apparently Starmer doesn't like Drakeford so things may not improve.

Drakers was just on the Welsh news, getting his excuses in early. he's saying difficult decisions will need to be made but will those decisions include cutting plans that really aren't needed, cut the white elephant that is CW airport to start with.

Wales will continue to do things differently apart from Drakeford who is doing a Nadine Dorries, they both said they'd step down. We're still waiting.

Aye upcoming "difficult decisions" that I guess will not in any way affect the proposed future increase of 36 extra politicians.

My intuition says no matter what financial situation Wales is facing at that particular moment in time there will indeed be money (Hey Presto!) found to pay for that.

Argus!

Welsh Tourism on 20:41 - Aug 9 with 724 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Tourism on 15:24 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

Wrong on both counts, unsurprisingly.

That’s blooming marvellous

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Tourism on 20:42 - Aug 9 with 723 viewsbuilthjack

30 Billion. Holy macaroni.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Tourism on 21:30 - Aug 9 with 718 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh Tourism on 17:57 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

Sadly, Wales always votes Labour, so the Conservatives don't really care about Wales and neither do Labour.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Tourism on 21:38 - Aug 9 with 714 viewsOhyeah

That b0x t1cker Jeremy Miles will get the job ex media employee and mates with one of the most influential WEF devotee........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024