Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lionesses. 18:23 - Aug 1 with 15042 viewslifelong

Have roared into the last sixteen of the women’s World Cup.

The BBC are obviously delighted headlining the achievement on this evening’s news at 6.

More partying on the Wirral this evening I suspect.
The Lionesses. on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 744 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 21:50 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

i try not to insult other posters. I focus on the groups as a whole. Le Tissier was invited to play for Wales but as is his right declined as I recall it.

The Lioness supporting branch of this forum argued that most Welsh players would chose England if they were good enough. I pointed out that Brooks chose wales despite having other options. You would presumably call him foolish.

Le Tissier chose England but only played 8 games and only started one competitive game. He never scored an international goal. Some people might argue this was a foolish choice as he could have been better off with 100 cap for Wales.

I generally do not call individuals dim. I call groups dim. In football the fans generally navigate to the lowest common denomintor. It is just the way it is.

And I’ve said/done precisely none of those things and you singled me out for being ‘a little upset’.

Show me where.
The Lionesses. on 23:00 - Aug 18 with 708 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 22:21 - Aug 18 by Gwyn737

And I’ve said/done precisely none of those things and you singled me out for being ‘a little upset’.

Show me where.

You wrote this.

"Fair play, that is hysterical. You can’t bring yourself to properly acknowledge the English women’s team’s achievements.."

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Lionesses. on 05:12 - Aug 19 with 682 viewsjack247

i try not to insult other posters. I focus on the groups as a whole. Le Tissier was invited to play for Wales but as is his right declined as I recall it.

The Lioness supporting branch of this forum argued that most Welsh players would chose England if they were good enough. I pointed out that Brooks chose wales despite having other options. You would presumably call him foolish.

Le Tissier chose England but only played 8 games and only started one competitive game. He never scored an international goal. Some people might argue this was a foolish choice as he could have been better off with 100 cap for Wales.

I generally do not call individuals dim. I call groups dim. In football the fans generally navigate to the lowest common denomintor. It is just the way it is.

Brooks wouldn’t have made it at England senior level. Nor would Ashley Williams, Kieffer Moore, Dan James, Ampadu etc. there are plenty more past and present.

The vast majority would have chosen England, as players in a similar situation but England level, Rice and Grealish, have done recently.

We can be as parochial as we like, but that’s the reality.
The Lionesses. on 07:29 - Aug 19 with 647 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 23:00 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

You wrote this.

"Fair play, that is hysterical. You can’t bring yourself to properly acknowledge the English women’s team’s achievements.."

Kilkenny’s post was genuinely funny due to the lack of self awareness.

No upset at all.

I think I’m very consistent on the sporting issues - any uk female sports team gaining positive publicity is a good thing.
The Lionesses. on 09:36 - Aug 19 with 630 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 05:12 - Aug 19 by jack247

Brooks wouldn’t have made it at England senior level. Nor would Ashley Williams, Kieffer Moore, Dan James, Ampadu etc. there are plenty more past and present.

The vast majority would have chosen England, as players in a similar situation but England level, Rice and Grealish, have done recently.

Cymru measures itself against Europe not just England.

1966 is a long time ago mind ….

2 Euros and a World Cup in less than 10 years is amazing progress.

You play for the nation where your heart is.
I am sure Gazza did not want to play for Germany because they always beat England.

Our Welsh players want to play for Wales.
All qualified to do so.

Beware of the Risen People

The Lionesses. on 09:44 - Aug 19 with 619 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 11:18 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Gwyn defends the right of our primarily English friends to taunt us with what the law call "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" . Absolutely filthy slurs.

Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle". Killy is then called a "xenophbic twerp".

Most people on here when accused of bestially do not complain or call it xenophobia. There is a weird Anglicised community on here (notionally "Swansea through and through ) who take no offence because they have no empathy with their Welsh community.

The same people expressing positivism for England s women team also say "It is Swansea over Wales for me all days of the week". Their support of the Wales team is notional and for show only it seems. The same people being of working class stock will have no truck with the English Rugby team whatsoever. Nothing like "oh lets hope the" Rosbifs" win will it i will be good to get more kids playing.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:20]

Fair play.
Hit the nail on the head.

We have a bunch of middle aged George Thomas types who do wales down and fawn over England and the English royals. Embarrassing.

Somebody once described them as ‘colonially induced infantilized welsh men’.
Its as if they glory in portraying their own nation as inferior.

Very strange.

The Lionesses. on 09:46 - Aug 19 with 618 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 11:25 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

I will explain that to my granddaughters when they are cheering on England in the final as they do when Wales play. Incidentally if England played Wales obviously they would support Wales. I'm just so glad that the majority of the younger generation have an open mind are not as bigoted as some of their elders.

Do they support Cardiff and Swansea as well ?

May as well whilst you are at it.

The Lionesses. on 09:48 - Aug 19 with 618 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 13:07 - Aug 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Women's football was remarkably popular and successful in early twentieth century Britain. The FA decided to effectively ban women's football in 1921. It has taken nearly 100 years for the women's game to become really popular again. In broader society women still lag behind men on issues like pay.
So what is there not to like about the success of the Lionesses? Well in the wonderful world of the internet, bigots and xenophobes bring their prejudice and ignorance, blissfully unaware that there may be something else than nationalism.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 13:09]

Of course they do represent the organisation than banned womens football for 50 years.

Login to get fewer ads

The Lionesses. on 09:52 - Aug 19 with 615 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 16:22 - Aug 18 by Gwyn737

Would you like to point out anywhere I’ve been a little upset at Welsh disinterest in England's achievements in the women’s World Cup?

As for the other gumph I’ve said many times it could be considered xenophobic.

It’s your daft stance on race I always challenge.

Edit: I’ve also said on this thread my ideal is for them to get to the final and lose.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 16:32]

Its not race.
Its a civic inclusive nationalism.

Try to modernise how you think.
The world has changed.

The Lionesses. on 09:58 - Aug 19 with 611 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 05:12 - Aug 19 by jack247

No its not.

Players pick Wales cos they want to play for Wales.
Nobody knows if they would have got games for any other nation.

Do all the English players want to play for Brazil then ?
And would if they could ?

No - international football is not club football.

Btw - young Schmichael and Haarland do not want to play for England either.
You have been brainwashed by the BBC.

The Lionesses. on 10:00 - Aug 19 with 609 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 07:29 - Aug 19 by Gwyn737

Kilkenny’s post was genuinely funny due to the lack of self awareness.

No upset at all.

I think I’m very consistent on the sporting issues - any uk female sports team gaining positive publicity is a good thing.

England are our rivals.

Do you understand the concept of sport ?

Try google.

The Lionesses. on 10:22 - Aug 19 with 603 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 10:00 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

England are our rivals.

Try google.

So are Ireland

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 589 viewsraynor94

The Lionesses. on 10:00 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

England are our rivals.

Try google.

Yes, I'm British, if Wales aren't there I will always support a home nation.

I notice you keep getting confused with your use of Wales and Cymru.

You really need to concentrate more

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Lionesses. on 10:40 - Aug 19 with 589 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 09:46 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Do they support Cardiff and Swansea as well ?

May as well whilst you are at it.

Nationality is your place of birth, the football team you support is a matter of choice.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Lionesses. on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 570 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 10:39 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Yes, I'm British, if Wales aren't there I will always support a home nation.

I notice you keep getting confused with your use of Wales and Cymru.

You really need to concentrate more

We have two languages in Wales.

I think that fate of the 100 year old Home Internationals every year tells you what the English FA think of the concept of British football - they no longer recognise it and they dont care.

I hope you enjoyed our welsh players celebrating when England list in Euro16.
Thats sporting rivalry.

Maybe you would prefer music as a hobby, you are too delicate for this football lark …

The Lionesses. on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 569 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 10:22 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

So are Ireland

Formerly oppressed celtic cousins … 💚

The Lionesses. on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 569 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ah, so you're happy to insult 1000 people, I guess it saves time.

You presume wrongly, again. Brooks may have gotten a few junior level caps but not a senior English cap. Most Welsh players wouldn't choose England but if they had dual qualification and they were good enough they probably would, was it Michael Owen who did?

Le Tissier scored an international hat trick for England B against Russia B. I don't remember him being asked to play for Wales, maybe someone can back up your version though? Again you suggest he was foolish but fools usually regret their bad choices and Le Tiss says he has no regrets around football.

Your last paragraph has just insulted millions of football fans. If you are right then how come many more people have not benn arrested for hooliganism, which to me is the lowest common denominator? I have seen hooligans in action many times and walked away from trouble does that make me cleverer? I know an ex hooligan who is pretty darn clever, went to Uni and is a qualified doctor, shall I presume you think him to be dim?
The Lionesses. on 10:54 - Aug 19 with 568 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 10:51 - Aug 19 by SullutaCreturned

Ah, so you're happy to insult 1000 people, I guess it saves time.

You presume wrongly, again. Brooks may have gotten a few junior level caps but not a senior English cap. Most Welsh players wouldn't choose England but if they had dual qualification and they were good enough they probably would, was it Michael Owen who did?

Le Tissier scored an international hat trick for England B against Russia B. I don't remember him being asked to play for Wales, maybe someone can back up your version though? Again you suggest he was foolish but fools usually regret their bad choices and Le Tiss says he has no regrets around football.

Your last paragraph has just insulted millions of football fans. If you are right then how come many more people have not benn arrested for hooliganism, which to me is the lowest common denominator? I have seen hooligans in action many times and walked away from trouble does that make me cleverer? I know an ex hooligan who is pretty darn clever, went to Uni and is a qualified doctor, shall I presume you think him to be dim?

Wrong again.

Owen was never qualified for Cymru.
Strangely he would be now under the full time education qualification.

You ride a very lofty horse, watch now that you don’t fall off …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

The Lionesses. on 10:58 - Aug 19 with 564 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 10:40 - Aug 19 by Whiterockin

Nationality is your place of birth, the football team you support is a matter of choice.

But people here are suggesting that players might pick England over Wales if they could.

Please try to read the thread before posting.

The Lionesses. on 11:05 - Aug 19 with 554 viewsraynor94

The Lionesses. on 10:50 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

We have two languages in Wales.

I think that fate of the 100 year old Home Internationals every year tells you what the English FA think of the concept of British football - they no longer recognise it and they dont care.

I hope you enjoyed our welsh players celebrating when England list in Euro16.
Thats sporting rivalry.

Maybe you would prefer music as a hobby, you are too delicate for this football lark …

I remember the whole of Wales, being totally embarrassed by our performance at the last World Cup.

The Lionesses. on 11:07 - Aug 19 with 551 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 10:58 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

But people here are suggesting that players might pick England over Wales if they could.

Please try to read the thread before posting.

Try reading your reply to my post, nothing to do with players picking England over Wales. The thread is on the lionesses please try to remain on thread and avoid hijacking with your agenda, again.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Lionesses. on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 548 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 09:52 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Its not race.
Its a civic inclusive nationalism.

Try to modernise how you think.
The world has changed.

Tell Resolven that.
The Lionesses. on 11:35 - Aug 19 with 522 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 09:44 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Fair play.

We have a bunch of middle aged George Thomas types who do wales down and fawn over England and the English royals. Embarrassing.

Very strange.

We have a bunch of people on here who are so comfortable and proud of their welshness that they don’t need an imaginary enemy to elevate their self-esteem.

There. Fixed it for you.
The Lionesses. on 12:07 - Aug 19 with 503 viewsBoundy

The Lionesses. on 09:44 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Fair play.

Very strange.

its Wales , not wales and infantilised, that's extremely lazy of you and I'm surprised at such basic errors form your self , the rest was guff as well .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Lionesses. on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 502 viewsraynor94

The Lionesses. on 11:35 - Aug 19 by Gwyn737

We have a bunch of people on here who are so comfortable and proud of their welshness that they don’t need an imaginary enemy to elevate their self-esteem.

There. Fixed it for you.

Great post 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024