Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC 15:03 - Aug 25 with 4710 viewsjohnlangy

Many people are very critical of the BBC. Bearing that in mind what are your thoughts on Talk TV ?
The BBC on 18:35 - Aug 27 with 1064 viewsKilkennyjack

The BBC on 14:00 - Aug 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

29M watched the funeral on TV in the UK.

It was on every side as well as the BBC.

If you think 29m people willingly sat and watched a funeral then i have a bridge to sell you.
If it was pay per view than there would have been about 73.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 18:38]

Beware of the Risen People

The BBC on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 1031 viewsDr_Winston

29m people chose to sit and watch something on TV when they could have done pretty much anything else instead. Gone for a walk. Read a book. Put Netflix on.

Contrary to what loonies like Kilks would have you believe, watching stuff on TV is not mandatory in the UK. That's reserved for places he no doubt thinks are just spiffing, like North Korea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The BBC on 20:50 - Aug 27 with 1007 viewsReslovenSwan1

The BBC have the World Service. The BBC World service Facebook page in Turkish presents the UK to the World 600m Turkish speakers as "ingiltere". This means England. From the French "Angeltere".

As far as Turks are concerned UK and England are the same and they prefer to call UK England. Google auto translate has to determine in the algorithm whether Turks are actually talking about England or UK. It is quite complex when talking about the NHS for example because it is a devolved matter.

I have e mailed them and contracted the Facebook page but with no reply. Turkish policy is a policy of assimilation. Kurdish activists working for democracy are jailed. Osman Kavala for example. Clearly totally innocent.

For the BBC of all people to dance to the Turkish policy of assimilation and pretend that Scots Welsh and Irish do not exist is morally bankrupt. I suspect BBC Turkce is run by Turks with a dozy Brit overseeing.

I have e mailed the new head of Plaid Cymru to see if he is of any substance.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 21:00]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The BBC on 21:07 - Aug 27 with 999 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 20:50 - Aug 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The BBC have the World Service. The BBC World service Facebook page in Turkish presents the UK to the World 600m Turkish speakers as "ingiltere". This means England. From the French "Angeltere".

As far as Turks are concerned UK and England are the same and they prefer to call UK England. Google auto translate has to determine in the algorithm whether Turks are actually talking about England or UK. It is quite complex when talking about the NHS for example because it is a devolved matter.

I have e mailed them and contracted the Facebook page but with no reply. Turkish policy is a policy of assimilation. Kurdish activists working for democracy are jailed. Osman Kavala for example. Clearly totally innocent.

For the BBC of all people to dance to the Turkish policy of assimilation and pretend that Scots Welsh and Irish do not exist is morally bankrupt. I suspect BBC Turkce is run by Turks with a dozy Brit overseeing.

I have e mailed the new head of Plaid Cymru to see if he is of any substance.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 21:00]

Are you sure 600 million people speak Turkish?
The BBC on 21:18 - Aug 27 with 992 viewsReslovenSwan1

The BBC on 21:07 - Aug 27 by Gwyn737

Are you sure 600 million people speak Turkish?

Yes you are right. I over egged it by quit a bit actually.

I do not know where I got 600m from. Probably around 120 million in TC, Kazakstan, Iran, Germany and other Turkic states like Turkmenistan.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The BBC on 06:29 - Aug 28 with 965 viewsYrAlarch

The BBC on 21:18 - Aug 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes you are right. I over egged it by quit a bit actually.

I do not know where I got 600m from. Probably around 120 million in TC, Kazakstan, Iran, Germany and other Turkic states like Turkmenistan.

And just to be pedantic Res, it's "Angleterre".
The BBC on 08:14 - Aug 28 with 954 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 06:29 - Aug 28 by YrAlarch

And just to be pedantic Res, it's "Angleterre".

Just to be more pedantic, why not stay on topic, for once.

Kilky, 73....there were probably 73 people just in my street who'd have watched it. It is quite a long road mind, with a lot of over 50's.

We hardly watch live tv besides breakfast but Im out of the door at 06.40 so I don't watch much, but, it is BBC breakfast.
The BBC on 10:23 - Aug 28 with 938 viewsonehunglow

The BBC on 09:57 - Aug 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

I can't remember when I last watched the BBC. I listen to BBC Radio in the car occasionally, the journalism seems to have merged into opinion.

I long since quit watching BBC Wales .
Too many pitifully amateur reporters with too strong Gog accents

No offence .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 866 viewsjohnlangy

People are critical of the BBC for many things. One of them is that it is, apparently, left wing and therefore not balanced politically.

Other stations like Talk TV, who are extremely critical of the BBC, have been created to be balanced (as far as I understand it). There's no point to them otherwise. If they criticize the BBC for this there's no point if they do the same.

Some of the presenters are okay but some are so bad it's hard to understand the logic of employing them. Take Mike Graham. He has said so may silly things and made so many plainly incorrect statements I find it baffling that he is employed as a broadcaster.

If you watch political programmes on the BBC they appear to me to be pretty failry balanced. They usually have left wing and right wing people being interviewed and both are given equal air time. If you watch Fiona Bruce on Question Time (who has herself been much criticised) she gives a pretty balanced airing to all of the panel. And if one of them says something that is simply wrong she points it out.

One particular story regarding Mike Graham has just stuck in my mind for some reason. A lady named Connie from Yorkshire (sad that I remember isn't it) rang in to criticise the governments efforts on the immigration problem. She was scathing about them.

But she also said that Labour would be even worse if they were elected. She said that Labour policy is for completely open borders on immigration and that all those immigrants would go to the head of the queue for housing, that is ahead of British people.

Any decent broadcaster who cared anything for the truth would have come back on this and said this was simply untrue. But not Mike Graham. He said simply 'thanks very much Connie, good call' or one of his other stock responses.

It is disgraceful that someone who is so utterly unable to provide some semblance of truth and balance is able to allow lies like these to be broadcast nationally.
The BBC on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 838 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 09:52 - Sep 1 by johnlangy

People are critical of the BBC for many things. One of them is that it is, apparently, left wing and therefore not balanced politically.

Other stations like Talk TV, who are extremely critical of the BBC, have been created to be balanced (as far as I understand it). There's no point to them otherwise. If they criticize the BBC for this there's no point if they do the same.

Some of the presenters are okay but some are so bad it's hard to understand the logic of employing them. Take Mike Graham. He has said so may silly things and made so many plainly incorrect statements I find it baffling that he is employed as a broadcaster.

If you watch political programmes on the BBC they appear to me to be pretty failry balanced. They usually have left wing and right wing people being interviewed and both are given equal air time. If you watch Fiona Bruce on Question Time (who has herself been much criticised) she gives a pretty balanced airing to all of the panel. And if one of them says something that is simply wrong she points it out.

One particular story regarding Mike Graham has just stuck in my mind for some reason. A lady named Connie from Yorkshire (sad that I remember isn't it) rang in to criticise the governments efforts on the immigration problem. She was scathing about them.

But she also said that Labour would be even worse if they were elected. She said that Labour policy is for completely open borders on immigration and that all those immigrants would go to the head of the queue for housing, that is ahead of British people.

Any decent broadcaster who cared anything for the truth would have come back on this and said this was simply untrue. But not Mike Graham. He said simply 'thanks very much Connie, good call' or one of his other stock responses.

It is disgraceful that someone who is so utterly unable to provide some semblance of truth and balance is able to allow lies like these to be broadcast nationally.

Is that the bloke who insisted you can grow concrete?
The BBC on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 818 viewsjohnlangy

The BBC on 10:46 - Sep 1 by Gwyn737

Wouldn't surprise me Gwyn.

While i'm here i'll add Kevin O'Sullivan to the roll call of incredibly bad broadcasters working for Talk TV. Just dreadful.
The BBC on 13:12 - Sep 1 with 810 viewstrampie

The BBC on 19:17 - Aug 25 by Gwyn737

Importantly though it seems to have fallen flat, which shows we’re nowhere near as far down the rabbit hole as the US.

Imagine having to choose your own news, whether it’s Newsmax on one side or MSNBC on the other?

The BBC isn’t perfect but as close to fair as you can have. It’s noticeable that whichever party is in power hates it and is convinced it’s out to get them.

It's not close to fair, it's pro union, pro royalty and right wing the Beeb asked experts at a Welsh university a few years ago to look at it to see if it was biased and they found they were giving twice the amount of coverage to the Conservatives as they were Labour, pro bosses over workers, pro union over independence (Scotland), pro Israel over Palestine etc etc, it wasn't just the amount of coverage they were giving one side over the other it was also the positive and negative language they used when covering stories, they would also not cover or barely mention some newsworthy stories if it made their 'causes' look bad.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:32]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The BBC on 13:21 - Sep 1 with 800 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 10:46 - Sep 1 by Gwyn737

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/mike-graham-defends-you-can-grow-concrete
The BBC on 13:30 - Sep 1 with 797 viewstrampie

The BBC on 09:52 - Sep 1 by johnlangy

No Welsh experts looked at the Beeb and the British Broadcasting Corporation are right wing, God Save the Queen, little Englander types, but I always knew that, I always thought that, it was obvious to me, I seen their coverage of General Elections, the troubles in the North of Ireland, World events etc over the years and they are big time right wing, powerful people who own newspapers, media outlets etc are playing a game in trying to suggest they are left wing to try and force them to be even more right wing, it's a game with them and we now have a society that is moving more and more to the right, health, education, infrastructure, welfare system, taxes, housing, workers and bosses pay, it's got to the stage where the two main political parties in the UK are both right wing yet these powerful people with influence will suggest that one of the two main parties are Communists, it's a joke and the public have been conned by the elite who want low taxes, low pay for their workers and more and more money in their own pockets.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The BBC on 18:38 - Sep 1 with 758 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 13:21 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/mike-graham-defends-you-can-grow-concrete

Aye. That’s him.

Good example of someone who would never get onto the bbc.

I quite enjoy the Channel 4 news these days. I’m very glad Nadine Dorris didn’t get her paws on it.
The BBC on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 705 viewsKilkennyjack

The BBC on 13:12 - Sep 1 by trampie

It's not close to fair, it's pro union, pro royalty and right wing the Beeb asked experts at a Welsh university a few years ago to look at it to see if it was biased and they found they were giving twice the amount of coverage to the Conservatives as they were Labour, pro bosses over workers, pro union over independence (Scotland), pro Israel over Palestine etc etc, it wasn't just the amount of coverage they were giving one side over the other it was also the positive and negative language they used when covering stories, they would also not cover or barely mention some newsworthy stories if it made their 'causes' look bad.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:32]

Spot on.

The Scots Indy coverage and Brexit coverage were openly biased.

Beware of the Risen People

The BBC on 21:05 - Sep 2 with 691 viewsTogg

The BBC on 20:48 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on.

The Scots Indy coverage and Brexit coverage were openly biased.

You two should go out for a date. You will have a lot to talk about and be life long members of the mutual appreciation society. Keep on talking guff boys !
The BBC on 21:10 - Sep 2 with 683 viewstrampie

The BBC on 21:05 - Sep 2 by Togg

You two should go out for a date. You will have a lot to talk about and be life long members of the mutual appreciation society. Keep on talking guff boys !

What you don't believe the findings of the experts ? commissioned by the Beeb to look at the Beeb.

The BBC on 21:17 - Sep 2 with 669 viewsTogg

The BBC on 21:10 - Sep 2 by trampie

What you don't believe the findings of the experts ? commissioned by the Beeb to look at the Beeb.

You have an absolute left wing Welsh Nationalist agenda...that's the real truth. Many think the BBC have a left wing view some right. If you have any iota of intellegence you see beyond any bias and make you're own mind up.
The BBC on 21:25 - Sep 2 with 653 viewstrampie

The BBC on 21:17 - Sep 2 by Togg

You have an absolute left wing Welsh Nationalist agenda...that's the real truth. Many think the BBC have a left wing view some right. If you have any iota of intellegence you see beyond any bias and make you're own mind up.

I don't have an agenda, the Beeb is right wing it's obvious to any unbiased person who have their eyes open, the experts looked at it and found that to be the case, I could have saved them the time and effort.

The BBC on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 573 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 21:25 - Sep 2 by trampie

I don't have an agenda, the Beeb is right wing it's obvious to any unbiased person who have their eyes open, the experts looked at it and found that to be the case, I could have saved them the time and effort.

You don't have an agenda? Well you fooled us all then. We all had ou pegged as a pretty far left Welsh nat, the kind who thinks Communism a good idea.

Hang on, didn't you post that somewhere recently, that we need a Communist government?

I'm sure you did.
The BBC on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 560 viewstrampie

The BBC on 18:40 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

You don't have an agenda? Well you fooled us all then. We all had ou pegged as a pretty far left Welsh nat, the kind who thinks Communism a good idea.

Hang on, didn't you post that somewhere recently, that we need a Communist government?

I'm sure you did.

Just shows how wrong you can be then doesn't it, nothing wrong with many Communist ideas.

The BBC on 19:03 - Sep 4 with 555 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 18:48 - Sep 4 by trampie

Just shows how wrong you can be then doesn't it, nothing wrong with many Communist ideas.

A Communist type party if there was one on offer would be the way to go,

Those are your words on the thread about who do we vote for.

I've said before, Jeremy Corbyn was to the right of you.

Communism is a great idea that is entirely unworkable in the real world, it only causes trouble for millions.
The BBC on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 541 viewstrampie

The BBC on 19:03 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

A Communist type party if there was one on offer would be the way to go,

Those are your words on the thread about who do we vote for.

I've said before, Jeremy Corbyn was to the right of you.

Communism is a great idea that is entirely unworkable in the real world, it only causes trouble for millions.

A Communist type party would surely renationalise our energy companies, don't you want that to happen ?

Foot would have nationalised the banks even.

The BBC on 20:51 - Sep 4 with 527 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 21:25 - Sep 2 by trampie

It’s difficult to judge the bbc as a whole entity because it’s so vast and churns out so much content. But it is undoubtedly true that the overwhelming majority of “stars” who ultimately are the faces of the Beeb are of a significantly left persuasion.

Also just a five minute cursory glance at any comedy/panel show commissioned by the beeb in the last ten years will see you plummet into a hideous echo chamber where a veritable smorgasbord of left wing comedians heartily slap each other on the backs and guffaw manically as they make yet another joke about brexit or Donald trumps hair.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024