Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? 17:53 - Sep 4 with 1723 viewsBlock8

I'm not sure what the difference in style is between these two? Both styles are about maintaining possession, both leave the defence exposed & neither seem particularly productive. Hopefully we will improve but currently I struggle to see a massive difference.
And is Ryan Manning Martin's Elyounoussi?
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 17:58 - Sep 4 with 1705 viewsSouthamptonfan

We have won 3 games under RM and scored 8 goals. I don't remember scoring 8 goals in 12 games under Selles let alone 4 games. Yes we have conceded a lot but let's hope Sunderland was a one off and not react after one defeat in 4. Beat Leicester (and I'm not saying we will) but if we do we will go top of the league. It's a long season in the Championship. Let's not overreact yet, when we could be top come next Friday.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 18:00]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 18:43 - Sep 4 with 1656 viewsButty101

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 17:58 - Sep 4 by Southamptonfan

We have won 3 games under RM and scored 8 goals. I don't remember scoring 8 goals in 12 games under Selles let alone 4 games. Yes we have conceded a lot but let's hope Sunderland was a one off and not react after one defeat in 4. Beat Leicester (and I'm not saying we will) but if we do we will go top of the league. It's a long season in the Championship. Let's not overreact yet, when we could be top come next Friday.

Selles team kept a clean sheet or two and beat decent opposition.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 18:50 - Sep 4 with 1643 viewsIfonly

The styles are very similar - with the same weaknesses. To be fair to RM he hasn't had time yet to find a settled side and drill them in his methods.

I think the major difference between this season and last won't be us, it will be the quality of the opposition. Basically, this league is shite (relative to the Prem). Just look at the starts made by the teams promoted to the Prem. All 3 of them will do well to avoid relegation.

We're playing the dregs that remain, plus Leicester and Leeds. So we don't have to be great to do well in this league - but we certainly need to be better than Saturday. We would lose to a League 2 side playing like that.
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 18:54 - Sep 4 with 1639 viewsSouthamptonfan

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 18:50 - Sep 4 by Ifonly

The styles are very similar - with the same weaknesses. To be fair to RM he hasn't had time yet to find a settled side and drill them in his methods.

I think the major difference between this season and last won't be us, it will be the quality of the opposition. Basically, this league is shite (relative to the Prem). Just look at the starts made by the teams promoted to the Prem. All 3 of them will do well to avoid relegation.

We're playing the dregs that remain, plus Leicester and Leeds. So we don't have to be great to do well in this league - but we certainly need to be better than Saturday. We would lose to a League 2 side playing like that.

As we did when we played like idiots against Grimsby. No tackling, no marking, no effort from the players that night.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 19:08 - Sep 4 with 1615 views1885_SFC

To be fair to Russell Martin, Swansea fans did say that it would take a couple of months for the players to adapt to his way of playing... but that they'd get there in the end.

Old School is Cool

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 19:26 - Sep 4 with 1585 viewssaint22

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 19:08 - Sep 4 by 1885_SFC

To be fair to Russell Martin, Swansea fans did say that it would take a couple of months for the players to adapt to his way of playing... but that they'd get there in the end.

But that also depends on the teams he picks
Some of those players are just not good enough
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 19:38 - Sep 4 with 1574 viewsInTimeAddedOn

What is it with managers whose names begin with the letter R?

Ralf
(Welsh) Runt
Ruben
Russell
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 09:43 - Sep 5 with 1331 viewssaints__fan__73

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 17:58 - Sep 4 by Southamptonfan

In fairness, Selles was playing PL teams. Martin has lost 3-1 to a L2 team, conceded 4 at home, been hammered 5-0 away and beaten two of the promoted L1 clubs in his first 6 games at the club.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 10:31 - Sep 5 with 1307 viewssledger

if we continue with this foolhardiness we will not get promotion,this is fact,russel martin has to become more adaptable surely,i fear he wont.
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 11:54 - Sep 5 with 1285 viewsGRIM

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 18:50 - Sep 4 by Ifonly

We did lose to a lge 2 side playing like that.
GILLINGHAM.
Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 13:23 - Sep 5 with 1225 viewsPatfromPoole

I note that the Spreadsheet King has made a pretty inauspicious start to life at Reading.

The Twitter was not looking good for him last night after their reverse at Cambridge.

Who would have thought it?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 15:25 - Sep 5 with 1175 viewsLondonSaint76

Russel Martin Ruben Selles what is the difference? on 13:23 - Sep 5 by PatfromPoole

I note that the Spreadsheet King has made a pretty inauspicious start to life at Reading.

The Twitter was not looking good for him last night after their reverse at Cambridge.

Who would have thought it?

I think Selles is the footballing equivalent of a one hit wonder in music. Great result at Stamford Bridge then downhill thereafter.

I honestly fear for Ballard’s progress under Selles this season, he could easily ruin a promising player who then might lose out on the opportunity to push on if he comes back to us less of a player than when he left - that said. Selles probably won’t be there come mid-November…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024