Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegated 15:00 - Dec 26 with 16080 viewsJimthehip

Sorry but we're down.

We make Millwall look like Brazil

F'cking disgusting performance today
Relegated on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 3532 viewsQPRConor2000

Relegated on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Before today I thought we would have enough to stay up, but today was a cowardly performance.

Keep MC, and bin the players. League 1 awaits.

Totally agree with this.
Relegated on 22:18 - Dec 26 with 3414 viewsSydneyRs

As bad as we are, what is so frustrating is that we got within touching distance of safety with January looming and a chance to make the squad better. Then we go and piss away opportunities to get points v ten man Plymouth and awful sides in SW and Millwall. Now cut adrift again and I don't really see us being able to close the gap a second time.
Relegated on 22:24 - Dec 26 with 3366 viewsknocker

And looking at Friday's fixtures it looks like the gap will almost certainly be worse by the time we play Cardiff. Unless there's a Burnley type miracle at Ipswich.
Relegated on 23:42 - Dec 26 with 3198 viewsQPunkR

Relegated on 22:24 - Dec 26 by knocker

And looking at Friday's fixtures it looks like the gap will almost certainly be worse by the time we play Cardiff. Unless there's a Burnley type miracle at Ipswich.

This squad don't deserve these miracles from other quarters

QPR - "shit but local"

Relegated on 21:21 - Dec 27 with 2755 viewsWegerles_Stairs

One thing we have in our favour is who we still have to play at home, including Millwall, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Now obviously, we've generally been crap for a couple of years now but it is still in our hands to get out of this.
Relegated on 23:53 - Dec 27 with 2593 viewsDamo1962

Relegated on 21:21 - Dec 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

One thing we have in our favour is who we still have to play at home, including Millwall, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Now obviously, we've generally been crap for a couple of years now but it is still in our hands to get out of this.

And you trust those hands😉
Relegated on 08:19 - Dec 28 with 2434 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The squad here seems so small, your nailed on starters are so few and those challenging for a starting spot even less. There is no competition for places on the pitch so therefore zero pressure to perform to your best. Like we have seen when certain players(if not all)perform way below the standard needed/expected time and time again but do not get replaced.

Some have produced next to nothing for a couple of years yet start every single week, what kinda message does this send to them? A false message that they are infact doing well or well enough? Or the message that it really doesn't matter how crap you perform you'll be in anyway. Like some sort of school football team from the 90s where the same 11 are churned out week in week out despite being a load of badly behaved, non producing gobshites.

What an absolute mess to get ourselves into, the players are to blame for lowering/dropping/never having there own standards, the staff behind the scenes are also to blame, like a Tesco manager who scheduled in to few to work on christmas eve and now hes totally overrun but won't admit it and won't get more staff in, instead he will save money and now the queues are building up and the shiiiits totally hitting the fan, it's all gone to ruin, but fuuuuk it he thinks, I'm doing OK, here in my office behind a closed door. I'll be home on time. I don't really care........
Relegated on 09:14 - Dec 28 with 2371 viewsderbyhoop

Relegated on 21:21 - Dec 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

Sounds hopeful.
But this QPR side can be trusted to win at least 4 of those 5. Yeah, right.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Relegated on 10:34 - Dec 28 with 2285 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Relegated on 09:14 - Dec 28 by derbyhoop

Sounds hopeful.
But this QPR side can be trusted to win at least 4 of those 5. Yeah, right.

No, obviously not but there are some poor sides in the mix, us included. If we go down, then we will certainly deserve to.
Relegated on 17:11 - Jan 1 with 2032 viewsFDC

[Stench of death intensifies]
Relegated on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 1957 viewsactonman

Sheffield Wednesday confirmed it and brought back our weak mindset !
I knew that day we were gone just like when Wigan scored that free kick .
When you’re in December and know you’re gone something not right
Relegated on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 1942 viewsFDC

Pretty sure we'll finish bottom team tbh
Relegated on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 1880 viewsNorthernr

If that team doesn’t go down I’m fascinated to see what does.
Relegated on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 1792 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Relegated on 17:38 - Jan 1 with 1758 viewsjoolsyp

That was a League 1 performance from a League 1 team right there. At least up to now Marti had got some belief into the players. Even with 21 games left I fear the players won’t come back from that one. Really feel for the fans. Been watching the Rs for nearly 50 years now and that rabble on the pitch today was right up there with the worst I’ve seen.
Relegated on 17:43 - Jan 1 with 1708 viewsted_hendrix

Relegated on 17:38 - Jan 1 by joolsyp

That was a League 1 performance from a League 1 team right there. At least up to now Marti had got some belief into the players. Even with 21 games left I fear the players won’t come back from that one. Really feel for the fans. Been watching the Rs for nearly 50 years now and that rabble on the pitch today was right up there with the worst I’ve seen.

Those players who played today are not League One standard, not at all.

I accepted relegation at the start of this season.

Gawd help us down there In League One, gawd help us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Relegated on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 1663 viewspaulparker

I said when Marti took over we were still down , you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken Sh1t
And that is some Sh1t we have in our squad
If we have any funds at all then the first thing we need to do is pay up Richards and fcuk him off
There’s no point wasting money on loans
Let’s just get to the end of this miserable season and then say goodbye to the wasters and rebuild

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Relegated on 18:03 - Jan 1 with 1616 viewsbosh67

Cifuentes managed to get the engine running for a few games and at Ipswich, largely with Chair, Willock and Cook, even though they didn't complete the game, we looked competitive.

Take Willock, Chair and Cook out the team we don't have any organisation or attacking flair, bar Smyth.

We have a non scoring centre forward supported by two non scoring junior strikers.

Ultimately people will start blaming Cifuentes. He's working with a diminishing squad where the senior players drop like flies or are long term sick notes (or not even available in the case of Richards), the junior players are not good enough at this level and in the position we find ourselves in (bar perhaps EBD and Kolli) and the club has been mismanaged for years from the top. Even Pep couldn't turn this around as it stands.

The huge gaping hole problem is that the club has been so badly mismanaged for so many years that it's like death by a 1000 cuts on the Titanic. The hierachy will say that we've not gone into liquidation because of them but the reality is that the club has been embarrassing run from the top to get us in this position in the first place. We can't even get in Austin, Gray and Johansen level players to save us this time.

But anyone having a go at Cifuentes tonight and not at the board needs their head examined.
[Post edited 1 Jan 18:05]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Relegated on 18:17 - Jan 1 with 1527 viewsPunteR

What were the fans at the ground like today.. Apart from the obvious grim mood did Marti C still get support?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Relegated on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 1461 viewstraininvain

Down to 23rd as Sheff Wed winning 2-0 vs Hull. Would anyone be surprised if we finish dead last.
Relegated on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 1450 viewsdigswellhoop

we go down we go into liquidation
Relegated on 18:50 - Jan 1 with 1376 viewsconnell10

I think we will finish bottom of the league we are shite.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Relegated on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 1356 viewsted_hendrix

We'll end up bottom of the pile, just where we deserve to be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Relegated on 18:57 - Jan 1 with 1314 views_tf_

Relegated on 18:17 - Jan 1 by PunteR

What were the fans at the ground like today.. Apart from the obvious grim mood did Marti C still get support?

It was 34 minutes before anyone in midfield did anything other than pass the ball sideways or backwards. From about 25 mins there was significant moaning around me. It just seemed so pointless watching poor old Jimmy Dunne being asked to effectively be the creator. Absolute dogshit first 35 mins. Then, miracle of miracles, the moment one of the midfield actually did what they're meant to do we looked <slightly> better. I think everyone realises that the problem is the players and not the manager although I for one would like to know why Dixon bonner was pulled because we were well on top at that stage. Without significant reinforcements this team will go down.
Relegated on 19:10 - Jan 1 with 1264 viewsNorthantsHoop

All a bit lacklustre again and feel we are this season heading rapidly towards League 1. The players are not good enough and we've known it for a while now. I like Cifuentes but you have to wonder will he want to hang around to manage a League 1 club that will probably not have enough finance to compete in that division. It's all looking a bit grim and whereas a few games ago the light was starting to shine through, the reality of the darkness that I feel has always been there for at least 2 years now is crushing down on us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024