Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, according to CEO Nourry 17:15 - Feb 6 with 12292 viewsqpr1976

We will no longer be disclosing players contract lengths !
So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:47 - Feb 7 with 3502 viewsGroveR

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:57 - Feb 6 by SheffieldHoop

The only people who won't be able to easily find out players contract lengths is fans. Anybody remotely involved will know exactly how long a contract is, and what it is worth.

Just more smoke and mirrors, while we continue to foot the bill.

I've said the same thing about "undisclosed" transfer fees - a total exercise in futility as you might as well attempt to conceal the sunrise.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 08:29 - Feb 7 with 3402 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:41 - Feb 6 by SydneyRs

As it stood when he said it, I don't think we were going to be doing anything in January. Then there was noise about having to be creative but we still had to find a club to take Dozzell and the others who moved on before anything became possible.

I feel like he was tempering expectations as no activity was a distinct possibility. As it turns out we've bagged a couple of late decent looking loans and a couple of somewhat unknown quantities from overseas that may or may not work out, so he has surprised us on the upside.

I like him so far, but as always time will tell.

Agree with all of that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, according to CEO Nourry on 08:56 - Feb 7 with 3305 viewsJamieNaz

So, according to CEO Nourry on 22:04 - Feb 6 by nadera78

I said after his first interview that Nourry speaks fluent MBA and I haven't changed my opinion on that. Some people like it, I guess.

Yeah, that's a great way of putting it.

It gets very tiring.
Nourry looks like he's watched a lot of TED talks
So, according to CEO Nourry on 08:57 - Feb 7 with 3300 viewsslmrstid

To be honest I think its pretty obvious that Frey and Andersen are here to the summer if we go down and this next 3 months is a shop window for them to showcase their abilities for contracts elsewhere, and there's probably an option to extend our side if we stay up.

Agree this Nourry bloke speaks fluent MBA - just garbage most of it. Not too difficult to read between the lines though.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 10:32 - Feb 7 with 3127 viewscyprusmel

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:48 - Feb 6 by qprd

It does make a huge difference

Humans respond to incentives

If we go down, does adomah care, knowing that he’s out of contract anyways?

Compare that to Reggie cannon- he signed a 4 year deal and is at a team in league one in the prime of his career?

Who do you think is going to be more incentivised to try to keep us up? Who do you think is going to potentially play through an injury to keep us up?

Also, the notion of passion that is cited by nourry is kind of laughable. I thought the ceo was a numbers guy. Yet he’s going on abt how the new signings were so keen to join us…. Sure….

I understand where you are coming from but to choose Albert for not caring if we are relegated in my opinion is very wrong. This man would care and all though limited in what he can help us achieve these days it's my opinion he would still run through a wall if he thought he could save us.
One of the players in the team who always gives 100 % even now at the end of his playing days.
He wouldn't care if he had two days left or two years on his contract he would always give you everything.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 11:15 - Feb 7 with 3017 viewsdaveB

There is no advantage here with contracts not being revealed.
As others have said if a club wants to know they will find out easily enough, a really bizarre thing to do
So, according to CEO Nourry on 14:04 - Feb 7 with 2761 viewsw7r

I kind of get the MBA speak but as the old cliche goes "actions speak louder than words" and Nourry has shifted some of our surplus and brought a few in to address keys areas of weakness so I'll reserve judgement on whether it's all management BS until the end of the season.

No denying he's made a promising start though.
[Post edited 7 Feb 14:05]
So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 2566 viewsBenny_the_Ball

From Ainsworth keeping injuries close to his chest to Nourry not disclosing player contract lengths. Never a dull moment at Costa del QPR!
Login to get fewer ads

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:54 - Feb 7 with 2411 viewsHastings_Hoops

So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:36 - Feb 7 by dmm

Why 'not great'? If what you say is true, whether in League 1 or the Championship, we'll have the funds available for these loans.

I appreciate it is a necessity to stay in the division (damage limitation), but let’s not kid ourselves it’s a ‘great’ situation we find ourselves in. The loans won’t be here next year and we’ll
Have £xxxxxxx less to spend for next season (jam for tomorrow).
So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:31 - Feb 7 with 2303 viewsconnell10

So, according to CEO Nourry on 22:04 - Feb 6 by nadera78

I said after his first interview that Nourry speaks fluent MBA and I haven't changed my opinion on that. Some people like it, I guess.

I don't even know what he is talking about in parts of his 2 interviews that have popped up .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 13:52 - Feb 8 with 1988 viewsE15Hoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:54 - Feb 7 by Hastings_Hoops

I appreciate it is a necessity to stay in the division (damage limitation), but let’s not kid ourselves it’s a ‘great’ situation we find ourselves in. The loans won’t be here next year and we’ll
Have £xxxxxxx less to spend for next season (jam for tomorrow).

Doesn't our FFP situation get easier next year anyway, if we do stay up, or have I misunderstood that?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 1985 viewsE15Hoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 13:52 - Feb 8 by E15Hoop

Doesn't our FFP situation get easier next year anyway, if we do stay up, or have I misunderstood that?

Also, we'll be getting more TV money next season in the Chap, so there will be (some) more jam..
So, according to CEO Nourry on 13:56 - Feb 8 with 1957 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:31 - Feb 7 by connell10

I don't even know what he is talking about in parts of his 2 interviews that have popped up .

Yeh and that's not good. Little bit 'try hard' for me some of the statements. The real skill is being able to speak to a broad range of people and have them understand you completely, not speak such garbled management chat that nobody knows what you're on with. Believe me nobody ever comes out of a business meeting or interview with somebody like that thinking 'what a clever guy'. Some other words, but not clever.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:17 - Feb 8 with 1707 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, according to CEO Nourry on 13:56 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Yeh and that's not good. Little bit 'try hard' for me some of the statements. The real skill is being able to speak to a broad range of people and have them understand you completely, not speak such garbled management chat that nobody knows what you're on with. Believe me nobody ever comes out of a business meeting or interview with somebody like that thinking 'what a clever guy'. Some other words, but not clever.

'you won't like the next guy's substitutions either'

Bare bones.

So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:25 - Feb 8 with 1676 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:17 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

'you won't like the next guy's substitutions either'

I liked the end of his January transfer window TBF to him.

Anyway, meeting him in a couple of weeks so will see how that goes.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:29 - Feb 8 with 1663 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:25 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Hopefully you will come out thinking 'what a clever guy' Clive.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:40 - Feb 8 with 1531 viewsngbqpr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:25 - Feb 8 by Northernr

That could feel like meeting the nerdy young cousin you've heard so much about but never actually met.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:39 - Feb 8 with 1424 viewsFDC

So, according to CEO Nourry on 16:29 - Feb 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Hopefully you will come out thinking 'what a clever guy' Clive.

Yeah it'll be funny if clive comes away all starry eyed with a headline along the lines of "Surprise Transfer Window And The Clever Guy Who Made It Happen"

But yeah all the corp talk is a bit suss. It's so over the top you have to wonder what the thinking behind it is
[Post edited 8 Feb 18:40]
So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:12 - Feb 8 with 1361 viewsPunteR

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:39 - Feb 8 by FDC

Yeah it'll be funny if clive comes away all starry eyed with a headline along the lines of "Surprise Transfer Window And The Clever Guy Who Made It Happen"

But yeah all the corp talk is a bit suss. It's so over the top you have to wonder what the thinking behind it is

He's quite young though. Obviously not being himself in interviews but it's probably a mix of nerves, confidence or lack of and inexperienced talking to the public/football supporters, maybe. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:15 - Feb 8 with 1350 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:39 - Feb 8 by FDC

I think that is actually how he is/talks.
A line from Miguel Delaney when he was appointed...

"A number of senior European executives were struck by a presentation Nourry gave at a conference in Turkey last year which they felt represented a striking new vision on how the game could be run at an executive level. One made a quip about “the Lionel Messi of the football business world” due to his precociousness."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-christian-noury-ceo-b2477805.ht
So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:40 - Feb 8 with 1275 viewsFDC

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:15 - Feb 8 by Northernr

"A number of senior European executives were struck by a presentation Nourry gave at a conference in Turkey last year which they felt represented a striking new vision on how the game could be run at an executive level. One made a quip about “the Lionel Messi of the football business world” due to his precociousness."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-christian-noury-ceo-b2477805.ht

Yes I remember that now. I still find it hard to believe that anyone actually talks like that without it being a conscious affectation though. It'll be really interesting to hear what you make of him anyway, and no arguing with his first month in charge anyway.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 1181 viewsnumptydumpty

The Lionel Messi of the football business world.

Wow. That's some statement.

What's he doing at QPR then ??????

If that's how he is viewed by older executives that is some accolade.

Proof will be in the pudding as they say...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:47 - Feb 8 with 1131 viewslassel

A cynic would suggest that might have been a paid for article…
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:44 - Feb 8 with 1016 viewsDannyPaddox

I too think player’s contract lengths should be made public but only after, in the manner of Ted Rodgers on 3-2-1, you’ve solved a riddle …

First you must find a house of poems and visions
If you want to know this player’s term and conditions

After a bit of thought you realise ah, this must be a reference to the 18th/ 19th century mystic, poet, and painter, William Blake. So you visit his house in South Molton Street and there amongst Blake’s preserved writings and paraphernalia you uncover a sheet of official QPR headed notepaper which declares; Lucas Andersen … 2 year contract. 1 year extension optional.
[Post edited 8 Feb 21:47]
So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:34 - Feb 9 with 786 viewsGaryBannister86

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:12 - Feb 8 by PunteR

He's quite young though. Obviously not being himself in interviews but it's probably a mix of nerves, confidence or lack of and inexperienced talking to the public/football supporters, maybe. ?

Fair point - when you first start to get a decent position / promotion at that age, who didn't fall into covering up your complete lack of knowledge and experience by coming out with meaningless corporate speak?

Hopefully when Clive touches base with him, he will get a decent download, push the envelope with his questions then circle back to run it past us so we can unpack. Yeah?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024