Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread 15:11 - Mar 12 with 42378 viewsMonkey_Roots

Will we be Top Cat or just another sorry looking, well beaten pussy?

If this goes badly, Spaceman can come back…

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:04 - Mar 16 with 2985 viewsmart_Goblin

Feels a bit like the Begovic thread.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and say so if that’s how they feel.
Not read the whole thread but the majority . Not seen any abuse or anything said that’s out of order. Seen some criticism of a few players . Dont agree with some but people are entitled to say so.
Not sure that some claiming it’s a good point saw how bad Sunderland were. If they did then fair enough but there was a side with 12 first choice players missing and ready to be put out of their misery. They were slow and pedestrian…and what did we do . Joined them in their game of walking football.

That’s why some are frustrated . Because this was a match offering 3 points to us on a plate .

WE WONT GET ONE OF THESE CHANCES AGAIN.

On the positive side there have been some good points made and maybe tomorrow it will look like a decent point.
But you can disagree with people of course but you can’t shut people down just because what they are saying is critical of this team. Jesus they got us into this mess.
[Post edited 16 Mar 19:09]
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 16 with 2802 viewssdm1508

I was watching the game on TV so can only go by that but Dykes always arrives where the ball is after it has been there. Is his anticipation rubbish, the passes miss hit it is he running half arsed to where it's being played too. Cross in the box, arrives late, knocked down the line, arrives late. I personally would have taken him off at half time. When he can be partially bothered he is almost an asset to the team with his closing down, but I would rather he not close down and scored some goals
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:21 - Mar 16 with 2788 viewsRed_Ranger

Same people who said 'thats it, were definitely down'
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:23 - Mar 16 with 2773 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:46 - Mar 16 by stevec

In terms of strikers we are League Two and that’s on a good day.

It’s testimony to the rest of the side that, despite that chronic handicap, we’re not fighting it out with Rotherham for last place.

Polter had me rolling about on the floor at the time, little did I know he was of Haaland proportions compared to what we started with this season.

Don’t think Dykes is getting in many L2 teams today. Playing a team with no clean sheets for about 15 games and a load of defenders out and he might as well have not been there.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 16 with 2763 viewstraininvain

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:04 - Mar 16 by mart_Goblin

Feels a bit like the Begovic thread.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and say so if that’s how they feel.
Not read the whole thread but the majority . Not seen any abuse or anything said that’s out of order. Seen some criticism of a few players . Dont agree with some but people are entitled to say so.
Not sure that some claiming it’s a good point saw how bad Sunderland were. If they did then fair enough but there was a side with 12 first choice players missing and ready to be put out of their misery. They were slow and pedestrian…and what did we do . Joined them in their game of walking football.

That’s why some are frustrated . Because this was a match offering 3 points to us on a plate .

WE WONT GET ONE OF THESE CHANCES AGAIN.

On the positive side there have been some good points made and maybe tomorrow it will look like a decent point.
But you can disagree with people of course but you can’t shut people down just because what they are saying is critical of this team. Jesus they got us into this mess.
[Post edited 16 Mar 19:09]

Understand the disappointment at not winning today but how can you be so sure that we won’t get one of these chances again?

We have three winnable games following the international break and another five games following those three. It’s too early to say whether today is one point gained or two points lost.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 16 with 2747 viewshubble

Anyway, never mind all that, Monkey starts his match thread career with a decent point away at Sunderland. So, I vote he gets Brum at home. Agreed?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 16 with 2683 viewsGaryT

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:24 - Mar 16 by Burnleyhoop

IMO we’re a decent striker from being a top 8 team. Would trade all 3 of our strikers for one half decent that has a bit of pace and can finish. Clueless and toothless up front

Clueless and Toothless upfront, worth a try, can't be any worse than Dykes.

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:30 - Mar 16 with 2666 viewslassel

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:03 - Mar 16 by Antti_Heinola

‘Easiest’ is a bit hyperbolic.

I’m just not sure it is Antti.

I’d be shocked, albeit obviously delighted if we face another team this season as completely disinterested as Sunderland were today. It was the flattest of flat tracks and we still couldn’t capitalise.
Login to get fewer ads

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 2589 viewsmart_Goblin

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 16 by traininvain

Understand the disappointment at not winning today but how can you be so sure that we won’t get one of these chances again?

We have three winnable games following the international break and another five games following those three. It’s too early to say whether today is one point gained or two points lost.

My point being that the 3 winnable games will be against teams scraping for their lives .

Sunderland were nowhere near that today.
They looked meek and so so lacking in confidence.

If we could just play with some tempo today then it would have been a huge 3 points .
The frustration is that we didn’t.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 16 with 2514 viewstraininvain

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 16 by mart_Goblin

My point being that the 3 winnable games will be against teams scraping for their lives .

Sunderland were nowhere near that today.
They looked meek and so so lacking in confidence.

If we could just play with some tempo today then it would have been a huge 3 points .
The frustration is that we didn’t.

The point is that it’s the Championship and we’ve no idea if we’ll catch a team playing worse than Sunderland between now and the end of this season. I’d say it’s more likely than not but that’s just my opinion.

Sunderland were poor but desperate to avoid defeat and looked like a team set up to stop the rot rather than win. We seem to do better against teams that come out and try to play. Probably doesn’t bode well for the next three games so maybe you have a point!
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:00 - Mar 16 with 2505 viewsmart_Goblin

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 16 by traininvain

The point is that it’s the Championship and we’ve no idea if we’ll catch a team playing worse than Sunderland between now and the end of this season. I’d say it’s more likely than not but that’s just my opinion.

Sunderland were poor but desperate to avoid defeat and looked like a team set up to stop the rot rather than win. We seem to do better against teams that come out and try to play. Probably doesn’t bode well for the next three games so maybe you have a point!

Ha ha.

What I do know is this isn’t very good for my mental health or my heart rate 🤣
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:12 - Mar 16 with 2409 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 16 by traininvain

I'd wager Birmingham are playing every bit as bad. That result for them today is a shocker. No guarantees of course but games like Good Friday are what sort the men out from the boys. The important thing is that this is in our own hands now - we aren't relying on favours and can take a significant step to safety in the next few weeks.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:20 - Mar 16 with 2379 viewsQPsyR

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:00 - Mar 16 by mart_Goblin

Ha ha.

What I do know is this isn’t very good for my mental health or my heart rate 🤣

LOL Most things we love and care about aren't in any way whatsoever good for us and that's probably why we love n care about them

Well that's my theory anyway.

It was one of those where it was two points dropped but then still a good point

FKA AcidPixie

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:40 - Mar 16 with 2273 viewsslmrstid

I would describe it as a "what happens next result".

Get a good result in the next game (ie win), a point today looks OK. Get a bad result, and today looks bad.

Still out the bottom 3 for now, still in our hands, but still lots of work to do.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:43 - Mar 16 with 2242 viewsStanisgod

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:11 - Mar 16 by joolsyp

Was very worried about today’s round of games, we easily could have found ourselves back in the bottom 3 if results hadn’t gone our way. Pretty much as you were with 8 games left and we’re in the 40s (just). 3 wins and a draw or two from the last 8 should do it so for now it’s in our hands. In Marti we trust.

He's losing my trust fast with this insistence on Dykes.
Sorry but you'd be better off just playing 2 10s.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:59 - Mar 16 with 2130 viewsqueensparker

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 20:43 - Mar 16 by Stanisgod

Dykes renaissance under Cifeuntes was playing behind the centre forward, where at least his occasional flick ons go to another player and he was putting in good work closing down and generally getting involved in the game.

As a lone forward chasing and holding up long balls he’s a total waste of time. Second to everything and can’t control it.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 2118 viewsWatford_Ranger

I get the theory. When Dykes is ‘on it’ (increasingly rarely) he’s the best of the three at getting the key players into the game. Those occasions are far too rare for a player supposedly in his prime and playing with Chair/Willock for years. The other two have their flaws for sure but the bloke has offered next to nothing, regularly, for ages now.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:20 - Mar 16 with 2009 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:30 - Mar 16 by rbee

True, but you look at our team with experienced Premier League players, plenty of attacking talent with Willock, Chair, Andersen and the strength and pace of Armstrong.

Marti must scratch his head and wonder, like the rest of us do, why aren't we very good!?

Well under Marti we’re a mid table team. So he probably isn’t scratching his head that much.
They’re not prem players or they’d be playing in the… prem.

Bare bones.

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 1895 viewsrbee

Dykes played well at Bristol and especially well at Leicester earning praise from most on here, so you can understand why Marti selected him today.

If Marti follows the recent trend then Frey will start against Birmingham.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 1893 viewsRangersw12

Just got back

First 10/15, Sunderland looked like us under Ainsworth really poor and didn't have a clue and game should have been won then.

Nothing really happened for the next 75 mins till Willock missed a sitter

Motm thought Dunne was decent but bar was pretty meh from everyone

Dykes awful as per usual

Missed opportunity and 2 points dropped
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:49]
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:57 - Mar 16 with 1816 viewsdmm

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 16 by rbee

Dykes played well at Bristol and especially well at Leicester earning praise from most on here, so you can understand why Marti selected him today.

If Marti follows the recent trend then Frey will start against Birmingham.

In his offy post match interview, Cifuentes said when we're at home he wants Frey to play because he's "...important inside the box."
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 1781 viewsjtuck

Mr Cifuentes told our official interviewer in his first answer after the game that he sees this as 2 points dropped. Interviewer then asks: 'do you see game as 2 points dropped?' and he confirms that is his view. Also says we did not create enough chances. Level-headed and serious and striking same note as many posters on this thread.

LAranger

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 16 with 1743 viewsperpignanR

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:23 - Mar 16 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t think Dykes is getting in many L2 teams today. Playing a team with no clean sheets for about 15 games and a load of defenders out and he might as well have not been there.

Conor Washington without the talent.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 16 with 1624 viewskarlski

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 22:03 - Mar 16 by jtuck

Mr Cifuentes told our official interviewer in his first answer after the game that he sees this as 2 points dropped. Interviewer then asks: 'do you see game as 2 points dropped?' and he confirms that is his view. Also says we did not create enough chances. Level-headed and serious and striking same note as many posters on this thread.

I think that’s about right. He also talked about doing what we wanted to do, which was limiting them to no shots for a long time. For me, against a side on a 6 match losing skid with almost a whole first team out, the emphasis should have been on how many shots can we create rather than what can we limit them to. I feel the game was there for the taking.

My opinion is nowhere near as valid as Marti’s though, and I generally view him as a messiah for us even being in with a (decent) shout of staying up right now. But that’s how I saw it. Having said that, if Willock scores from Armstrong’s pull back then it’s the perfect away performance.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 22:56 - Mar 16 with 1556 viewscolinallcars

When I win the Euromillions next week I think I'll buy out Sunderland FC and rename the ground the Stadium Of Light Ale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024