Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boreham Wood at home take 3! 17:27 - Apr 16 with 6288 viewsdaz

No match thread as yet for tonight!!

Anyway I have a spare ticket for the main stand if anyone wants it.

Just send me a message and I can meet outside turnstiles to hand it over.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 17:39 - Apr 16 with 4152 viewsDale_4_Life

Dale will have there hands full tonight..

I really hope we spring a mini surprise, play like we know we can (but rarely see) and take all 3 points.

Boreham Wood will be fired up a win and survival is back in there hands.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 17:48 - Apr 16 with 4125 viewsEllDale

Could be an interesting night at the bottom of the league with Boreham Wood, Wealdstone and Ebbsfleet all playing.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 18:38 - Apr 16 with 3978 viewssxdale

Tonight will be a tough test, Borehamwood if they win will have survival in their own hands, they play Ebbsfleet on Saturday. Do we have the balls to go at them from the start, any of the pedestrian passing it around at the back and I feel we're in for a right tw@tin.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 21:38 - Apr 16 with 3589 viewsDaleiLama

Missed tonight. Sounds like the only thing I missed was .....

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:07 - Apr 16 with 3392 views442Dale

McNulty is going to start overthinking himself into real trouble. There’s nothing to indicate we know what works for this team and what makes us look pedestrian and non descript.

Could spend forever going into the details but if he honestly believes weeks of playing a midfield two and front two which limits the abilities of all involved, then he’s not watching the same game as the rest of us.

Not giving Henderson sufficient time on the pitch since Christmas has cost us a chance of the playoffs. Not giving him any time tonight was a shocking decision.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:14 - Apr 16 with 3333 viewsNewbury_Dale

Although we looked alright on the rare occasions the ball was moved around with purpose and speed, for the majority of time it was the usual over-coached rubbish again.

Despite the upheaval, I'd actually suggest we've underachieved with the calibre of player we've got. We' re going to finish with a similar points tally to Maidenhead and Eastleigh.

I've supported Jim from the start but realistically I can't take another season of this style of football.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:45 - Apr 16 with 3123 views49thseason

An apology..
I thought we might be turning a corner .. I was wrong.. I apologise....
Tonight was utterly clueless, If Mitchell is a centre forward I am a semi -skilled brain surgeon. I have no idea what the plan was for tonight, but it was obvious after 10 minutes that it wasn't working. This team is incapable of scoring against the Dog and Duck from the Bacup Sunday League. No aggression, no apparent urgency... last home game of the season, an opportunity to make a statement and sell tickets for next season and we yet again spent most of the game in our own half playing chuckle brothers.. to me, to you.....to me, to you...I have no idea what McNulty is trying to prove, and I am not sure he does.
Still, its another season all but ticked off and we will hopefully to start next season with new owners... I guess beggars cant be choosers but please, lets not play another season trying to set another world record for sideways passing .. its all so bloody tiresome.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:51 - Apr 16 with 3082 viewsnordenblue

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:14 - Apr 16 by Newbury_Dale

Although we looked alright on the rare occasions the ball was moved around with purpose and speed, for the majority of time it was the usual over-coached rubbish again.

Despite the upheaval, I'd actually suggest we've underachieved with the calibre of player we've got. We' re going to finish with a similar points tally to Maidenhead and Eastleigh.

I've supported Jim from the start but realistically I can't take another season of this style of football.

Put simply that group of players have massively underperformed while he's "managing" them....his ideas,negativity and "style" has stifled that squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 22:58 - Apr 16 with 3044 viewssooty_dale

The attendance (1,700) is a very clear message to the club as to what people make of the 'entertainment' on offer. The first half was pathetic. Second half we showed a bit more effort but with no end product.

Hopefully we will use the summer to recruit so we can go back to a midfield 3 as that system is when we've had our best moments this season. Playing this current wide formation and 2 up front doesn't work when we take forever to get the ball out wide and never get crosses in.

Underachievement is a good summary of the season. There's so much frustration because we can see the potential this group of players has. It just feels like they are being held back.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:19 - Apr 16 with 2955 viewsSandyman

Boring Dale 0 Boreham Wood 0

Same old, only one way, ineffectual, overcoached and dire to watch nonsense from players capable of so much more. We're on the cusp of something fantastic happening to the club off the field. Is it really going to be utilised in the best way with play that is so bafflingly boring to watch?

Will we ever leave a man up towards the centre circle when defending a corner so that we can drag two of their defenders away and have an outlet from a clearance who can press on to try and score or at least hold play up while the troops can gather to attack? We have players in Sinclair and Hayes, and others, who could perform that role well. Looks like a tactic that is viable in this league but alien to our manager. He'd rather invite a repeat attack from a clearance than have someone available to hold the ball up and utilise time better to our advantage.

When you weigh events of this season up, I suppose it's an OK league position, but in a poor league. All we see is the same old same old same old backwards sideways borefest. Our work in the final third tonight was abysmal, apart from East's shot that hit the bar. The last four dire draws in a row alone do not indicate the progression required for success is anywhere near imminent. Performance play only(Jim's priority), not playing with a desire to be winners.

It's a tough call, but on what our eyes tell us, Jim's time as head coach has to be under question if this is all he can offer.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:26 - Apr 16 with 2918 viewsdingdangblue

There's only 1 thing worse than Mitchell's first touch and thats his 2nd touch. And to think some fans used to slag off Calvin Andrew and George Donnelly! We've had some poor number 9's down the years but Mitchell is up there with the worst.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:35 - Apr 16 with 2882 viewsShun

I really enjoy hearing Jim speak, so I'd love to sit down with him and hear his thinking behind the decision to have SEVEN of our players stood on the six-yard line at goal kicks. I'm sure in that wise head of his there's a reason, but it seems absolutely wasteful and reckless to me.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:37 - Apr 16 with 2874 viewsD_Alien

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:26 - Apr 16 by dingdangblue

There's only 1 thing worse than Mitchell's first touch and thats his 2nd touch. And to think some fans used to slag off Calvin Andrew and George Donnelly! We've had some poor number 9's down the years but Mitchell is up there with the worst.

To paraphrase: "Mitchell... No Party"

Hendo's been mainly sat on the bench. As i think 442 was alluding to earlier, these could be his last days in a Dale shirt... or any shirt

What an utter waste of possibly the end of one of the best careers Dale have known
[Post edited 16 Apr 23:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:58 - Apr 16 with 2798 viewsdingdangblue

Well Jim thought we controlled the game and dominated. The guy is deluded. Greg.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 00:00 - Apr 17 with 2797 viewsJimmyRustler

I’m paraphrasing and I honestly cba going back and finding it but someone posted (after the forum) that after tonight, I have no doubt in my mind that Jim McNulty is the right man to lead this club forward.

And these are the dangerous semantics which threaten to undermine and ruin all of the negotiations and progress off the field.

For the sake of this club, Jim cannot be the manager next season
[Post edited 17 Apr 0:00]
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 00:00 - Apr 17 with 2796 viewsDaleFan7

Boreham Wood were a really poor side tonight but a really poor side that we never looked like scoring against. I can only think of one shot on target we had which was straight at their keeper and I can't remember our keeper making a save.

Agree with the comments on Mitchell, his first touch is appalling and when someone plays a ball anywhere near him, he looks half asleep. Yes, he's scored a few goals this season but I'd expect anyone playing up front in a top half team to score a few in this division. Newby and Campbell have only scored 1 less with better Goals Per Minute ratios.

It was a game that reflects the majority of watching us this season... drab.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 00:10 - Apr 17 with 2778 viewsSandyman

"We've got nothing to fight for"
How about entertaining the few that turned up?

And its 7 undefeated at home, Greg. Not 8 or 9, Greg.

Agree Nevett was outstanding tonight.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 06:26 - Apr 17 with 2545 viewsBlackburnDale

Brought my nieces hubby to the game tonight in the Sandy with the 'friend for a fiver' offer. He's not been this season, but he has been been occasionally before on previous seasons.

He couldn't understand the sideways /go backwards tippy-tappy obsession especially when in promising positions. The low crowd shocked him as well.

Sadly we both agreed the best thing about the evening was the chippy tea from the Wilbutts chippy beforehand.

Not an inspiring performance for the last home game of the season for any walk-ons, or personally when I'm deciding if I can afford a season ticket next season. The first half was the most mind-numbing that I've ever seen this season at the COA. The second half was a bit better but still where was the urgency, the desire, the movement, the anticipation of a penetrating pass, the pride in playing for the shirt?
[Post edited 17 Apr 6:45]
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 06:49 - Apr 17 with 2495 viewsRodingdale

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:19 - Apr 16 by Sandyman

Boring Dale 0 Boreham Wood 0

Same old, only one way, ineffectual, overcoached and dire to watch nonsense from players capable of so much more. We're on the cusp of something fantastic happening to the club off the field. Is it really going to be utilised in the best way with play that is so bafflingly boring to watch?

Will we ever leave a man up towards the centre circle when defending a corner so that we can drag two of their defenders away and have an outlet from a clearance who can press on to try and score or at least hold play up while the troops can gather to attack? We have players in Sinclair and Hayes, and others, who could perform that role well. Looks like a tactic that is viable in this league but alien to our manager. He'd rather invite a repeat attack from a clearance than have someone available to hold the ball up and utilise time better to our advantage.

When you weigh events of this season up, I suppose it's an OK league position, but in a poor league. All we see is the same old same old same old backwards sideways borefest. Our work in the final third tonight was abysmal, apart from East's shot that hit the bar. The last four dire draws in a row alone do not indicate the progression required for success is anywhere near imminent. Performance play only(Jim's priority), not playing with a desire to be winners.

It's a tough call, but on what our eyes tell us, Jim's time as head coach has to be under question if this is all he can offer.

“It's a tough call, but on what our eyes tell us, Jim's time as head coach has to be under question if this is all he can offer.”

Oh it is all he can offer, he’s proved that this season.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 09:32 - Apr 17 with 2104 viewsEdindale

I tend to agree that the manager cannot take us any further due to his tactical outlook which has led to underperformance by the squad, notwithstanding injuries. However I would like to see BJ retained in a coaching capacity working with a Director of Football.

His focus now must be on identifying new signings in key positions. Given our stability should be secured we should be able to attract talent from the leagues around us.

There is no point 'dominating' every game and not securing wins.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 12:02 - Apr 17 with 1798 viewsEllDale

I got into a small conversation with a chap called Seamus Heath on Twitter this morning.
He’s a UEFA Pro Licence coach who was at Spotland last night and who was really impressed.
“Not your average NL side” and “management so positive and encouraging” were just two of his comments.
When I pointed out that, going off league position and recent results that we are in fact very much an average league side he replied that we would be some side with added firepower in the summer.
So at least we impress the purists.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 12:05 - Apr 17 with 1773 viewsonedalefan

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:35 - Apr 16 by Shun

I really enjoy hearing Jim speak, so I'd love to sit down with him and hear his thinking behind the decision to have SEVEN of our players stood on the six-yard line at goal kicks. I'm sure in that wise head of his there's a reason, but it seems absolutely wasteful and reckless to me.

As soon as it was obvious that Nevitt was at left back, knew it was going to be a bore-fest. Just made that there were three available at the back to pass around between themselves. Then with the extra men for goal kicks, it leaves no-one that receive a ball in midfield.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 12:31 - Apr 17 with 1678 viewsTrev

All I really want is to enjoy going to games again. The NL gives us ample opportunity to do this as we should be winning more games than we lose, particularly at home. But, for the most part, win, lose or draw we have been awful to watch. A few people have commented that we have arrested the slide but what we haven't changed is our dull, uninspiring overarching 'philosophy'.

My wish list is clear; the Ogden takeover goes through and we start to make real attempts to become self sufficient as a football club. Hand in hand with this, though, needs to be a change at board room and management level. I noted that SG is recruiting a head of commercial / commercial director and do have concerns with regards him being given free rein to do this. Let's get a proper clean slate and start again.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 12:50 - Apr 17 with 1600 viewsEllDale

I’m hoping that at least one Ogden representative is present during the interview/selection process.
Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 13:01 - Apr 17 with 1540 viewsbluevein64

Boreham Wood at home take 3! on 23:37 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

To paraphrase: "Mitchell... No Party"

Hendo's been mainly sat on the bench. As i think 442 was alluding to earlier, these could be his last days in a Dale shirt... or any shirt

What an utter waste of possibly the end of one of the best careers Dale have known
[Post edited 16 Apr 23:39]

Spot on - I don't have a crystal ball but I'm in no doubt that Hendo would/should have put away all of Mitchell's gilt edged missed chances !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024