Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 13:52 - May 22 with 15258 viewsraynor94

Are we about to hear the date later today, Sunak has called a cabinet meeting this afternoon.

Inflation is down, things aren't going to get much better for the Tories.

July 4th😉

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General Election on 18:11 - May 30 with 1024 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 18:07 - May 30 by Scotia

You could say that about the majority of adults.

And the reason they don't bother to vote and the turnout is so low.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 18:15 - May 30 with 1009 viewsFlashberryjack

General Election on 18:06 - May 30 by Scotia

But is also old enough to have a child, get married and join the army.

Girls can have children anytime after puberty (youngest in UK was twelve), sixteen year olds need parental consent to get married or join the forces.
[Post edited 30 May 19:12]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

General Election on 18:48 - May 30 with 963 viewsGwyn737

Instinctively, 16 feels like too young to vote.

However, I do struggle a bit with the argument about ‘why can’t they vote if they can pay tax?’
General Election on 18:52 - May 30 with 957 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 18:48 - May 30 by Gwyn737

However, I do struggle a bit with the argument about ‘why can’t they vote if they can pay tax?’

No taxation without representation. Interesting concept. Could catch on.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

General Election on 20:56 - May 30 with 877 viewsScotia

General Election on 18:48 - May 30 by Gwyn737

I agree. 18 across the board seems fair to me.
General Election on 21:02 - May 30 with 859 viewsDr_Winston

I'm coming around to the idea that voting should be like driving. You should need to pass a knowledge based test proving that you understand concepts like compound interest and thus possess the required mental capacity to vote on important things like who runs the country.

Do that and get a voting licence which can also double as ID at polling stations, so it's win/win.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

General Election on 20:45 - May 31 with 730 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour have parachuted a candidate into Swansea west who has no connection at all to Swansea. They have over ruled the local Labour constituency workers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

General Election on 20:48 - May 31 with 728 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 21:02 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

I'm coming around to the idea that voting should be like driving. You should need to pass a knowledge based test proving that you understand concepts like compound interest and thus possess the required mental capacity to vote on important things like who runs the country.

Do that and get a voting licence which can also double as ID at polling stations, so it's win/win.

Socrates was suggesting that thousands of years ago but they ended up forcing poison down his throat for morally corrupting the youth.

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 08:07 - Jun 1 with 640 viewsjackrmee

General Election on 22:48 - May 29 by Scotia

Because they only have to appeal to the minority of people who will vote the same way in every election. Anyone can stand for election but nobody will vote for them.

Elections in the UK and USA are decided on a handful of votes, and when at least 40% of people who could vote don't bother to do so the political parties are safe because they can bank on their hardcore support.

We need to have a big change to the entire political/electoral system.

My vote in Swansea east/neath constituency is usually wasted because labour will win in a landslide. I want the Tories to be destroyed in this election so it's not so much of a problem, but in a tighter battle it would be.

The government will be decided by a few thousand people in places like Leigh and Carmarthenshire West over the wishes of millions.

Thanks. I still don’t get it though.
Why are people so fixed on who they vote for?
Why would they stick to their usual vote, even though they must realise that the candidate is a nob?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

General Election on 08:10 - Jun 1 with 640 viewsjackrmee

General Election on 16:05 - May 30 by Robbie

Discussion on tele earlier , Tories are dead against the Labour Manifesto clause to bring the voting age down to 16 .

They fear the youngsters of today are so brainwashed and educated to believe in diversity and inclusion , gay rights etc , the new voters will go for the woke agendas and all things Green .

Thus losing the true art of Political Debate across all topics of importance to us , added to votes being lost to others against the Conservative values and beliefs they hold seems a concern to the Tories .

Good points made . For now my pencil and pencil sharperer will remain in their case .

So far both main leaders and Parties must be neck and neck in the polls .

Totally O/T but seen The Ukraine Ladies Football Team in Swansea earlier , taking photos of Swansea Castle and the surrounds , few beauts hanging about in Castle Gardens then as normal . Wonder if they got into the landscape

Surely the youngsters are the ones most likely to want to vote for independents and not the main 2 joking parties?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

General Election on 08:12 - Jun 1 with 636 viewsjackrmee

General Election on 18:03 - May 30 by Whiterockin

The majority of 16 year old don't read newspapers or watch the news. They don't even watch live tv unless it's sport. How can they form political views unless they are in a school or college environment where it is prevalent.

You can’t build sound political views from watching the news

General Election on 08:36 - Jun 1 with 620 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 16:05 - May 30 by Robbie

Discussion on tele earlier , Tories are dead against the Labour Manifesto clause to bring the voting age down to 16 .

They fear the youngsters of today are so brainwashed and educated to believe in diversity and inclusion , gay rights etc , the new voters will go for the woke agendas and all things Green .

Thus losing the true art of Political Debate across all topics of importance to us , added to votes being lost to others against the Conservative values and beliefs they hold seems a concern to the Tories .

Good points made . For now my pencil and pencil sharperer will remain in their case .

So far both main leaders and Parties must be neck and neck in the polls .

Totally O/T but seen The Ukraine Ladies Football Team in Swansea earlier , taking photos of Swansea Castle and the surrounds , few beauts hanging about in Castle Gardens then as normal . Wonder if they got into the landscape

Brainwashed by a curriculum that the Tories have been in control of for 14 years.

Can we please stop taking the crâp printed in the right wing rags as gospel, please?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 10:03 - Jun 1 with 586 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 08:36 - Jun 1 by waynekerr55

Brainwashed by a curriculum that the Tories have been in control of for 14 years.

Can we please stop taking the crâp printed in the right wing rags as gospel, please?

Primary school LBGT champions, 72 genders taught.

All made up bogeymen.

What’s surprises me is this kind of thing is so easy refuted. Every one has recent experience of schools through friends and/or family and school publish their teaching materials on their websites.

Yet when you ask believers for an actual example ( not some thing they’ve heard) they can’t give a single one.
General Election on 10:27 - Jun 1 with 567 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 10:03 - Jun 1 by Gwyn737

Primary school LBGT champions, 72 genders taught.

All made up bogeymen.

What’s surprises me is this kind of thing is so easy refuted. Every one has recent experience of schools through friends and/or family and school publish their teaching materials on their websites.

Yet when you ask believers for an actual example ( not some thing they’ve heard) they can’t give a single one.

Don't get me wrong there are probably examples but it makes up 0.01% of schooling (if even that much)

Young people are the future, this idea that we were all angels on our youth is another one for the fairies

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 16:59 - Jun 1 with 511 viewsJohnw102

General Election on 20:45 - May 31 by felixstowe_jack

Labour have parachuted a candidate into Swansea west who has no connection at all to Swansea. They have over ruled the local Labour constituency workers.

Done the same in Pembrokeshire (see earlier message) bought in some rich farmer from Gloucestershire because Mummy's a second home in St David's!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

General Election on 17:55 - Jun 1 with 473 viewsSullutaCreturned

General Election on 08:07 - Jun 1 by jackrmee

Why would they stick to their usual vote, even though they must realise that the candidate is a nob?

Why? Because a large chunk of the electorate are nobs, maybe?
General Election on 18:25 - Jun 1 with 455 viewsonehunglow

We have a free vote
I’ve read an horrendous post about electors being educated to have the “ knowledge” to vote .
This is like the days when only land owners had the vote which meant back people couldn’t

We are free to vote ,no matter how dumb. It is our right .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General Election on 19:17 - Jun 1 with 437 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 18:25 - Jun 1 by onehunglow

We have a free vote
I’ve read an horrendous post about electors being educated to have the “ knowledge” to vote .
This is like the days when only land owners had the vote which meant back people couldn’t

We are free to vote ,no matter how dumb. It is our right .

Would you put the average voter in charge of sailing a trireme to Samos in a storm?

General Election on 19:25 - Jun 1 with 424 viewsDr_Winston

General Election on 19:17 - Jun 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Would you put the average voter in charge of sailing a trireme to Samos in a storm?

Millions of people in this country will pay money, actual British currency, to vote in the Britain's Got Talent final.

Some would have you believe that those same people should be allowed to vote on who runs the country.

Weird.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

General Election on 20:43 - Jun 1 with 382 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 19:25 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Millions of people in this country will pay money, actual British currency, to vote in the Britain's Got Talent final.

Some would have you believe that those same people should be allowed to vote on who runs the country.

Weird.

They are free to do so.
Some vote Tory in south Wales.
What greater example of madness is that

General Election on 20:45 - Jun 1 with 378 viewsSullutaCreturned

Has it got a full complement of slaves to row it? Their buggers to sail thse Triremes, far too big and heavy. A bireme yes but not a tri.
General Election on 20:47 - Jun 1 with 376 viewsonehunglow

I had to look that up.

We allow women the vote now.

General Election on 20:56 - Jun 1 with 371 viewsSullutaCreturned

General Election on 20:47 - Jun 1 by onehunglow

I had to look that up.

We allow women the vote now.

But do we give them all bronze tipped ramming prow?
General Election on 21:04 - Jun 1 with 365 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 20:56 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

But do we give them all bronze tipped ramming prow?

General Election on 00:22 - Jun 2 with 302 viewsScotia

General Election on 08:07 - Jun 1 by jackrmee

Most of the time they don't even think about it.

A vote in a general election is the most significant contribution we can make as an adult to life in this country. Everyone should do it and think about what they're voting for. Most people don't.

I'm sure you've seen people on here defending the Tory party despite the absolute cluster f**k they've made of the country, similar to people voting for Tony Blair and then Jeremy Corbyn.

The best one is the 20mph speed limit in Wales. Clearly in Labour manifesto, we re-elected them and then moaned about it.

People are stupid.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024