Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 13:52 - May 22 with 15256 viewsraynor94

Are we about to hear the date later today, Sunak has called a cabinet meeting this afternoon.

Inflation is down, things aren't going to get much better for the Tories.

July 4thšŸ˜‰

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General Election on 22:14 - Jun 12 with 1042 viewsBoundy

General Election on 19:13 - Jun 12 by majorraglan

So it looks like the 12 month military secondment /national service may actually be 25 days! What b@@@@@@@ is this, itā€™s unreal. What is the point in 25 days ā€œmilitary serviceā€ - itā€™s a joke and they are making it up as they go along and gaslighting us as they go along.

I think the concept of a years military service could work, but it needs a lot of thought. Any kid not education, training or employment should be compelled to contribute - or no benefits.

Well that announcement will please those against y the idea , I'm just wondering why the criticism of the news now ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the peopleā€”not the master."

General Election on 22:17 - Jun 12 with 1030 viewsBoundy

General Election on 11:08 - Jun 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The other potential spanner in the works that nobody seems to be talking about it Gallowayā€™s ā€œworkers partyā€ who will undoubtedly take a chunk of votes off Labour inā€¦certain areas.

Another spanner is the power of the civil service and those who run it . With news of those within of disrupting government policies just who is running the country, Sir Humphrey ?

General Election on 22:20 - Jun 12 with 1017 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 19:52 - Jun 12 by raynor94

A private aid to Sunak is being investigated for placing a bet on the date of the election 3 days before Sunak announced it!

They really are doing a great job of handing the election to Labour

It beggars belief. Iā€™ve seen the story but donā€™t have the detail, but how on earth did this guy expect to get away with it. This is the caliber of the people running the country, - itā€™s frightening.

Heā€™s potentially committed a criminal offence, if he wins his seat at the GE thereā€™s a possibility the ongoing investigations could carry forward in to the new parliament and he could still be done on a disciplinary and be recalled.
General Election on 17:27 - Jun 13 with 900 viewsWingstandwood

General Election on 19:52 - Jun 12 by raynor94

A private aid to Sunak is being investigated for placing a bet on the date of the election 3 days before Sunak announced it!

They really are doing a great job of handing the election to Labour

It's going from bad to worse, sh1t creek without a paddle and boat. Just full out sinking deeper and deeper as every day passes!!!!

QUOTE "Rishi Sunak refuses to say if he had told close aide Craig Williams the date of the election before he placed Ā£100 bet on when it would happen - as Tory candidate faces 'inside information' gambling probe."

Is it any wonder why many are speculating whether or not Sunak will make it to polling day!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13527177/Rishi-Sunak-Craig-Williams-dat

Argus!

General Election on 17:41 - Jun 13 with 890 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest here. I doubt Sunak gives much of a toss if the Tories lose the election. He's probably actively hoping for it. Nothing he is doing or saying suggests that he genuinely thinks they can or wants to win.

If you had a missus worth as much as his is, homes all over the World and a lifetime of easy cash on the lecture circuit why the hell would you put yourself through even more of this?

He hasn't stood down as an MP yet because doing so would make it even more obvious, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see a by-election in Richmond & Northallerton within the next twelve months.
[Post edited 13 Jun 17:45]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

General Election on 18:01 - Jun 13 with 879 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 15:04 - May 22 by johnlangy

Thank you major. I was planning on starting a thread with a similar list.

My plan was to point this out so people know exactly where we are and are totally aware of what the Tories have done to the country. Then i'd save the list in order to repost it as and when needed.

That's because people forget so quickly. I would hazard a guess that this lot will be blaming Labour for the state of the country within 12 months, complaining that they haven't fixed the problems which they created over the last 14 years.

So i'll save your post and use that instead if that's okay ?

You can add virtual destruction of meaningful Police .
Thousands leaving the job
They have had enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General Election on 18:27 - Jun 13 with 866 viewsjohnlangy

General Election on 18:01 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

You can add virtual destruction of meaningful Police .
Thousands leaving the job
They have had enough

Done
General Election on 23:52 - Jun 13 with 795 viewsDJack

General Election on 17:41 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest here. I doubt Sunak gives much of a toss if the Tories lose the election. He's probably actively hoping for it. Nothing he is doing or saying suggests that he genuinely thinks they can or wants to win.

If you had a missus worth as much as his is, homes all over the World and a lifetime of easy cash on the lecture circuit why the hell would you put yourself through even more of this?

He hasn't stood down as an MP yet because doing so would make it even more obvious, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see a by-election in Richmond & Northallerton within the next twelve months.

He'll probably eff off to The States and make a lot on the conservative talking-heads circuit and do interview and background commentary for Fox "news".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 08:47 - Jun 14 with 724 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 17:41 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

With a Prime Ministers pension and a seat in the house of Lords.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 698 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 23:52 - Jun 13 by DJack

He'll probably eff off to The States and make a lot on the conservative talking-heads circuit and do interview and background commentary for Fox "news".

Sunak really does seem to be trying to lose.
Iā€™ve not seen such a hapless politician in my lifetime
Itā€™s not healthy
We need an opposition.
Labours front bench looks lethal and we d have no exit for years

General Election on 09:58 - Jun 14 with 676 viewsBoundy

General Election on 09:28 - Jun 14 by onehunglow

Itā€™s not healthy
We need an opposition.

Posters maybe creaming themselves at the prospect of the Torys being demolished next month but the thought that this country could well then be in a position of not having a credible opposition should be of a concern to everyone .The thought of any political party having a free rein is not good for democracy and this could happen if the polls are correct .

General Election on 10:11 - Jun 14 with 670 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 12:33 - May 23 by JumpingJackFlash

We are desperate to get these people here to keep the NHS and care sector afloat.

Is it so unreasonable to ask if youā€™re a nurse in India that you can bring your children with you to work in the NHS?

Itā€™s not these folk that many donā€™t want though .
Frankly,Iā€™d swop all of our feckless forkwit criminal kids for Indian folk who value education,pride in self and self provision .

General Election on 10:15 - Jun 14 with 669 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 09:58 - Jun 14 by Boundy

Posters maybe creaming themselves at the prospect of the Torys being demolished next month but the thought that this country could well then be in a position of not having a credible opposition should be of a concern to everyone .The thought of any political party having a free rein is not good for democracy and this could happen if the polls are correct .

Boundy.
I saw the shadow Justice Sec last Sunday with Kuensburg.
Not a good look
Justice ā€¦.my arse
Yvette Cooper Balls as Home Sec
Lammy a Foreign Sec
Starmer will be as disingenuous as the rest of em.

Still,hopefully Ange Rayner can buy her self sone new clothes that fit her.

General Election on 17:23 - Jun 14 with 574 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 09:28 - Jun 14 by onehunglow

Itā€™s not healthy
We need an opposition.

I think the Conservative Party got rid of a fair chunk of its more middle of the road MPā€™s on the altar of Boris at the last election. This has left them with many inexperienced MPā€™s which, coupled with the rampant dishonesty and disregard for the rules/laws has seen them plummet.
Boris and the Trusster have left bad tastes in peopleā€™s mouths and while I think Sunak is a safer pair of hands than the other 2 on economic matters etc. Sunak certainly hasnt got the personality and the astuteness to be a Prime Minister, his choice of aides etc is extremely questionable given the debacle of the D Day business, Sky TV etc. if the Conservatives didnā€™t have the backing of GB News, Sky, The Times, The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express and the Telegraph heaven knows whereā€™d theyā€™d be in the polls.

We defo need a strong opposition, but the current Conservative Party canā€™t stop arguing amongst itself yet alone scrutinise Labour.
General Election on 18:00 - Jun 14 with 557 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 17:23 - Jun 14 by majorraglan

I think the Conservative Party got rid of a fair chunk of its more middle of the road MPā€™s on the altar of Boris at the last election. This has left them with many inexperienced MPā€™s which, coupled with the rampant dishonesty and disregard for the rules/laws has seen them plummet.
Boris and the Trusster have left bad tastes in peopleā€™s mouths and while I think Sunak is a safer pair of hands than the other 2 on economic matters etc. Sunak certainly hasnt got the personality and the astuteness to be a Prime Minister, his choice of aides etc is extremely questionable given the debacle of the D Day business, Sky TV etc. if the Conservatives didnā€™t have the backing of GB News, Sky, The Times, The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express and the Telegraph heaven knows whereā€™d theyā€™d be in the polls.

We defo need a strong opposition, but the current Conservative Party canā€™t stop arguing amongst itself yet alone scrutinise Labour.

It needs a reset.

In this election theyā€™re fighting for second place with Reform for the red wall type seats and against the greens in the heartlands.

How on earth are they supposed to create a manifesto to do that?
General Election on 20:09 - Jun 14 with 498 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 18:00 - Jun 14 by Gwyn737

It needs a reset.

In this election theyā€™re fighting for second place with Reform for the red wall type seats and against the greens in the heartlands.

How on earth are they supposed to create a manifesto to do that?

I just wonder if Reform get 3-4 points ahead of the Conservatives, will the British public get behind them and they form a real challenge to Labour in the last week. Meaning no overall majority for Labour.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 21:08 - Jun 14 with 460 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 20:09 - Jun 14 by Whiterockin

I just wonder if Reform get 3-4 points ahead of the Conservatives, will the British public get behind them and they form a real challenge to Labour in the last week. Meaning no overall majority for Labour.

I think their ceiling is about 16%

Iā€™ve been wrong before, mind!
[Post edited 14 Jun 21:08]
General Election on 21:12 - Jun 14 with 432 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 21:08 - Jun 14 by Gwyn737

They could get 6 million votes and only get three or four seats. They are currently projected to win zero.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

General Election on 21:15 - Jun 14 with 423 viewsbuilthjack

Labour still 20% ahead in the polls.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

General Election on 21:17 - Jun 14 with 416 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 21:12 - Jun 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They could get 6 million votes and only get three or four seats. They are currently projected to win zero.

They wonā€™t pick up more than 2.
General Election on 21:43 - Jun 14 with 368 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 21:17 - Jun 14 by Gwyn737

They wonā€™t pick up more than 2.

Yet the SNP can get 50 seats with 1.5 million votes. Now Iā€™m no advocate for PR at all but something needs to be done to break the two party stranglehold the two big parties have had over British politics for the last century.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

General Election on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 346 viewsraynor94

General Election on 21:15 - Jun 14 by builthjack

Labour still 20% ahead in the polls.

I'd have thought you were a Plaid man

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General Election on 22:26 - Jun 14 with 309 viewsScotia

General Election on 21:43 - Jun 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yet the SNP can get 50 seats with 1.5 million votes. Now Iā€™m no advocate for PR at all but something needs to be done to break the two party stranglehold the two big parties have had over British politics for the last century.

I'm no advocate for Reform, but our current system could see them have millions of votes but be an irrelevance, and that isn't right. Farage will win in Clacton though I'm sure.

My prediction is they then get adopted/take over/amalgamate with the Tories and become a further right wing Tory party once Sunak quits to watch Sky TV on July 5th. Under Prince Nigel and Princess Suella. That could finish them off eventually.

I know I'm a stuck record but we have to have some form of PR and people actually have to vote. Especially those under 25/30.

We also have to end donations to political parties from dodgy people and break the right wing stranglehold on the media but that's an entirely new thread.
[Post edited 14 Jun 22:27]
General Election on 22:38 - Jun 14 with 294 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 22:26 - Jun 14 by Scotia

I'm no advocate for Reform, but our current system could see them have millions of votes but be an irrelevance, and that isn't right. Farage will win in Clacton though I'm sure.

My prediction is they then get adopted/take over/amalgamate with the Tories and become a further right wing Tory party once Sunak quits to watch Sky TV on July 5th. Under Prince Nigel and Princess Suella. That could finish them off eventually.

I know I'm a stuck record but we have to have some form of PR and people actually have to vote. Especially those under 25/30.

We also have to end donations to political parties from dodgy people and break the right wing stranglehold on the media but that's an entirely new thread.
[Post edited 14 Jun 22:27]

I suspect that with a large majority, we could see some light being shone on the political donation issue and potentially some form of action taken against the press, potentially focussing on privacy. I fully expect to see Ofcom focussing a lot more scrutiny on GB News.
General Election on 22:49 - Jun 14 with 286 viewsSullutaCreturned

General Election on 21:08 - Jun 14 by Gwyn737

Weren't they on 19% when you posted that?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024