Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 128016 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 17:09 - Jun 8 with 2299 viewsFDC

General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jun 8 by Discodroids

Okay . lets forget about it then.

Come on, that's disingenuous, clearly not what I'm saying.

I thought you were saying "the UK is mostly white so of course they have more rape convictions", so i said that based on uk demographics, they are in fact disproportionately likely to be convicted of rape, which is at odds with what is frequently implied on here.

Any way, grim topic, and don't want to get into a bad faith row over it.
General Election Thread on 17:19 - Jun 8 with 2255 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 17:09 - Jun 8 by FDC

Come on, that's disingenuous, clearly not what I'm saying.

I thought you were saying "the UK is mostly white so of course they have more rape convictions", so i said that based on uk demographics, they are in fact disproportionately likely to be convicted of rape, which is at odds with what is frequently implied on here.

Any way, grim topic, and don't want to get into a bad faith row over it.

Fair enough FDC, It is a very, very grim topic . I too do not wish bad faith between us. No matter how simplistic my computations are, they must be taken into account . The increasing sexual abuse of our children and women is a scandal and i crave more than my next breath, that the next incumbent government get to grips with this. I do work within the probation service so have strong feelings on this matter.

I didn't join this therad till page 2o, and outside of the last week , i dont post on here more than two to three times a month but i had to say something. I thought that 89% stat needed balance. some perspective i suppose.

No worries.
[Post edited 8 Jun 17:25]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

General Election Thread on 18:03 - Jun 8 with 2193 viewsnumptydumpty

Sunak is a walking liability and it seems every day has been met with some extremely amateurish decision or action

Farage will reduce votes for tories even more

In a contest in many other eras, Starmer's Labour is easily beaten but this one can't see anything other than a landslide for labour.

Only interest I have is the percentages that will actually vote at all

I think generally in local elections it's around 30% and general elections, it's around 70%

A 50% turnout would certainly be a sad indictment on the general publics total lack of faith in any politicians of the moment in todays world !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

General Election Thread on 21:17 - Jun 8 with 2041 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 18:03 - Jun 8 by numptydumpty

Sunak is a walking liability and it seems every day has been met with some extremely amateurish decision or action

Farage will reduce votes for tories even more

In a contest in many other eras, Starmer's Labour is easily beaten but this one can't see anything other than a landslide for labour.

Only interest I have is the percentages that will actually vote at all

I think generally in local elections it's around 30% and general elections, it's around 70%

A 50% turnout would certainly be a sad indictment on the general publics total lack of faith in any politicians of the moment in todays world !!

Paddy Power had U/O 64.5% and under was quite heavy favourite. Think there’ll be some areas with much higher than usual where Galloway’s rabble of cranks are hoping to win and much of the North and traditional Tory bits down here will be low.

Should be decent weather which helps get the numbers up.
[Post edited 8 Jun 21:18]
General Election Thread on 22:14 - Jun 8 with 1968 viewscolinallcars

Has a PM ever resigned or been deposed in the run up to an election ?
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this happened.
At the moment it appears the Tories are dead & buried.
General Election Thread on 22:31 - Jun 8 with 1924 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 22:14 - Jun 8 by colinallcars

The day after hopefully ,Mordaunt was always my choice , she just fired the opening shots of a leadership bid ....
General Election Thread on 22:49 - Jun 8 with 1887 viewsStJude82

This election is largely irrelevant. Firstly, there is NO Conservative party. There are 3 SDPs. Then there are The Greens: an extreme left wing party. Then there is The Nats. The SNP will win tens of seats on a small share of the vote. Then there is the reactionary party, Reform: I expect them to get a good chunk of the popular vote which will likely yield them 2-3 seats. There is also Galloway who could throw a small spanner in the works for Labour who will win by default with the most lacklustre group of 2nd raters that I have ever seen in British political life. Not that the Tories are any better.

This is the age of Globalism. The election that matters is in November.
General Election Thread on 23:01 - Jun 8 with 1857 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 22:49 - Jun 8 by StJude82

This election is largely irrelevant. Firstly, there is NO Conservative party. There are 3 SDPs. Then there are The Greens: an extreme left wing party. Then there is The Nats. The SNP will win tens of seats on a small share of the vote. Then there is the reactionary party, Reform: I expect them to get a good chunk of the popular vote which will likely yield them 2-3 seats. There is also Galloway who could throw a small spanner in the works for Labour who will win by default with the most lacklustre group of 2nd raters that I have ever seen in British political life. Not that the Tories are any better.

This is the age of Globalism. The election that matters is in November.

I too think Galloway could do well, people love his cough mixture after all.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 01:06 - Jun 9 with 1731 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 22:31 - Jun 8 by essextaxiboy

The day after hopefully ,Mordaunt was always my choice , she just fired the opening shots of a leadership bid ....

She's in danger of losing her seat.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 04:40 - Jun 9 with 1687 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 01:06 - Jun 9 by HAYESBOY

Her of the pissed up "stand up and fight" rant?

Jesus, the cupboard really is bare.
General Election Thread on 10:34 - Jun 9 with 1475 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 04:40 - Jun 9 by SydneyRs

Her of the pissed up "stand up and fight" rant?

Jesus, the cupboard really is bare.

That’s the one , do you know for sure that she was drunk or is that just your opinion ?
General Election Thread on 11:45 - Jun 9 with 1412 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 10:34 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

That’s the one , do you know for sure that she was drunk or is that just your opinion ?

Well she had the appearance and demeanor of a drunk person. If she wasn't that's worse!
General Election Thread on 12:05 - Jun 9 with 1382 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 01:06 - Jun 9 by HAYESBOY

Think a lot of them will be nervous but will scrape through thanks to a lack of tactical voting including Sunak. Hopefully some good Portillo moments but it would’ve been amazing if Lib and Lab (no chance of the current iteration of the Greens being sane enough) had come to an agreement on certain seats where there was a real chance to embarrass the Tories.
General Election Thread on 12:23 - Jun 9 with 1348 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 12:05 - Jun 9 by Watford_Ranger

Think a lot of them will be nervous but will scrape through thanks to a lack of tactical voting including Sunak. Hopefully some good Portillo moments but it would’ve been amazing if Lib and Lab (no chance of the current iteration of the Greens being sane enough) had come to an agreement on certain seats where there was a real chance to embarrass the Tories.

I have just read that it may be a record low turnout . The option to abstain would be welcome .
General Election Thread on 17:53 - Jun 9 with 1218 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 12:23 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

I have just read that it may be a record low turnout . The option to abstain would be welcome .

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a low turn out, particularly by voters who can't stomach voting Tory again, won't ever vote Labour, aren't far right enough to vote Reform and don't trust any other party.

There are plenty of Labour voters disenchanted with Starmer et al who may turn to the Green Party, but nowhere near enough to affect the inevitable result.
General Election Thread on 17:53 - Jun 9 with 1218 viewswortonr

Abstaining is easy to do when you vote. You simply write “ none of the above” on the slip. It will be recorded as a spoiled ballot paper.
Important to vote this way if appropriate.
General Election Thread on 18:40 - Jun 9 with 1133 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 17:53 - Jun 9 by dmm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a low turn out, particularly by voters who can't stomach voting Tory again, won't ever vote Labour, aren't far right enough to vote Reform and don't trust any other party.

There are plenty of Labour voters disenchanted with Starmer et al who may turn to the Green Party, but nowhere near enough to affect the inevitable result.

You have pretty much described me except that I would vote for the Labour candidate but can’t find anything online that tells me his place on the left/ right spectrum .
General Election Thread on 18:45 - Jun 9 with 1121 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 18:40 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

You have pretty much described me except that I would vote for the Labour candidate but can’t find anything online that tells me his place on the left/ right spectrum .

Who is it?
General Election Thread on 18:47 - Jun 9 with 1120 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

General Election Thread on 18:40 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

For the first time ever I will not be voting. Usually a tory, but they are an absolute shower and don't deserve my vote.
Will never vote Labour and as for the Lib Dems.......

The final straw for me was Sunak leaving the D-Day commemoration early. Unforgivable.
General Election Thread on 18:48 - Jun 9 with 1115 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 18:45 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who is it?

James Hedges . Rayleigh and Wickford
General Election Thread on 19:01 - Jun 9 with 1082 viewsstowmarketrange

What a sad state of affairs that out of over 300 million people between us and the USA the only 4 to choose from is Trump,Biden,Sunak or Starmer.
General Election Thread on 19:02 - Jun 9 with 1075 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 18:48 - Jun 9 by essextaxiboy

James Hedges . Rayleigh and Wickford

Nothing springs to mind which is usually a good thing

Labour East is probably the most loyal / anti Corbyn region so he won’t be a lefty. Will very much be a Starmer loyalist I expect do don’t expect any rebellion if he wins, which I assume is unlikely.
General Election Thread on 20:55 - Jun 9 with 989 viewskensalriser

General Election Thread on 22:14 - Jun 8 by colinallcars

Extremely unlikely, I think. The country can't be without a PM so what would be the process to pick a new one? There would have to be a new leadership election and then Parliament would have to be reconvened for a vote of confidence. And there are 24 days to the election.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 21:16 - Jun 9 with 970 viewsdolcelatte

I live in a sleepy village in Essex and am unfortunate enough to come under the Clacton Ward. Had a neighbour ask me today if I was a "Nigel" man. Absolutely not was my response, I then got a rant about how he was the only one with balls enough to say how it is and we are being invaded etc. I really wanted to bite but made my excuses and left..

I'd absolutely love it if he doorsteps my house. Come in for a cuppa Nigel... not sure he'd get out without ears bashed.. but he won't wander over this way when his audience is in Clacton itself. Clacton and Jaywick are first class sh1tholes but there are some very affluent ares nearby and in recent years a lot of people moving out of London, buying much bigger houses for half the price and enjoying life more, so he won't have it all his own way as the East Londoners are being diluted.

Anyway, did you know that if a vote is spoiled then it has to be read by all candidates and they have to agree that it is spoiled. Almost worth writing Farage is a racist c*nt grifter with a tiny dick on the ballot paper just to see the collective faces..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

General Election Thread on 21:50 - Jun 9 with 928 viewsloftboy

General Election Thread on 21:16 - Jun 9 by dolcelatte

I live in a sleepy village in Essex and am unfortunate enough to come under the Clacton Ward. Had a neighbour ask me today if I was a "Nigel" man. Absolutely not was my response, I then got a rant about how he was the only one with balls enough to say how it is and we are being invaded etc. I really wanted to bite but made my excuses and left..

I'd absolutely love it if he doorsteps my house. Come in for a cuppa Nigel... not sure he'd get out without ears bashed.. but he won't wander over this way when his audience is in Clacton itself. Clacton and Jaywick are first class sh1tholes but there are some very affluent ares nearby and in recent years a lot of people moving out of London, buying much bigger houses for half the price and enjoying life more, so he won't have it all his own way as the East Londoners are being diluted.

Anyway, did you know that if a vote is spoiled then it has to be read by all candidates and they have to agree that it is spoiled. Almost worth writing Farage is a racist c*nt grifter with a tiny dick on the ballot paper just to see the collective faces..

They don’t have to read it but they have an option to if they want. One of my neighbours does the count locally and told me this when I stated it as fact.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024