Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. 11:22 - Jun 9 with 28000 viewswelwynranger

But it is being reported that Burnley are interested in taking Marti as their manager.
At the moment Craig Bellamy is in interim charge along with Michael Jackson as his number 2 .
The Burnley fans are very unhappy as Bellamy has no managerial experience and is considered too old at 44.
They want a manager that can get them straight back into the prem next season and have highlighted Marti amazing achievement for us.
I hope the board make him a worthwhile offer to keep him.
Little bit worried money talks
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:53 - Jun 13 with 3472 viewsderbyhoop

I xant see any logical reason why Marti would quit QPR for Sunderland. Burnley maybe, as they would expect to be challenging for a PL return.

Similar with Clarke-Salter and rumoured interest from Stoke. Why Jake that jump when PL clubs sniffing around.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 22:40 - Jun 13 with 3207 viewsWesty75

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:19 - Jun 13 by Hayesender

Don't worry, Beale is waiting patiently by the phone

Beale’s off to Israel apparently…fits him perfectly.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 23:13 - Jun 13 with 3077 viewsNed_Kennedys

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:15 - Jun 13 by StevenageRanger

Oddschecker dont pull everything through from all sites. Go on Skybet direct and you will see Marti is 5/2 fav with them.

He’s 4th favourite at 8/1 on Skybet.

I can only see him going this summer for a top division job. He doesn’t stick anywhere for too long but to leave for a club in the same division after half a season will not look good on his CV and I think that’s important to him.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 00:44 - Jun 14 with 2943 viewsBoston

Half a league, half a league, half a league onward,
is Marti's record in England.
Reggie Cannon at the right of them
Reggie Cannon no good in the front of them,
Oh the wild charge we made,
but it was only half a league.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 04:04 - Jun 14 with 2802 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:53 - Jun 13 by derbyhoop

I xant see any logical reason why Marti would quit QPR for Sunderland. Burnley maybe, as they would expect to be challenging for a PL return.

Similar with Clarke-Salter and rumoured interest from Stoke. Why Jake that jump when PL clubs sniffing around.

I can't see why Marti would go to another Championship club.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 07:31 - Jun 14 with 2594 viewshoops_legend

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 04:04 - Jun 14 by rbee

I can't see why Marti would go to another Championship club.

Well it depends doesn’t it

For example we were all talking about selling Clarke-Salter despite being our best defender below 30 for a long time. Also we are even talking about whether resale value in others. If that’s what QPR is - then Marti understandably would be tempted to move on to a club that’s not a selling club

Personally this shows how important it is that we back Marti and whichever players he needs this season we keep and do not try and make a quick buck
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 07:59 - Jun 14 with 2495 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 22:40 - Jun 13 by Westy75

Beale’s off to Israel apparently…fits him perfectly.

Westy- why would that be?

DonnieR

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 08:23 - Jun 14 with 2395 viewsQPR_Jim

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 07:31 - Jun 14 by hoops_legend

For example we were all talking about selling Clarke-Salter despite being our best defender below 30 for a long time. Also we are even talking about whether resale value in others. If that’s what QPR is - then Marti understandably would be tempted to move on to a club that’s not a selling club

Personally this shows how important it is that we back Marti and whichever players he needs this season we keep and do not try and make a quick buck

That's exactly what we did for Beale and why we had so much financial pain last season. Personally I think we stick to our plan and sell players we need to cash in on. I don't see why that would be an issue for Marti, clubs like Brentford did that year after year and got better. If anything it's an opportunity for Marti to rebuild the squad, if he's not up for that then perhaps it's best we find someone who is.
Login to get fewer ads

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 08:30 - Jun 14 with 2355 viewsdmm

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 08:23 - Jun 14 by QPR_Jim

That's exactly what we did for Beale and why we had so much financial pain last season. Personally I think we stick to our plan and sell players we need to cash in on. I don't see why that would be an issue for Marti, clubs like Brentford did that year after year and got better. If anything it's an opportunity for Marti to rebuild the squad, if he's not up for that then perhaps it's best we find someone who is.

Good point but are we able to identify and attract high caliber players as Brentford has? We seem to be moving in the right direction but we're not there yet. If we had to keep JCS so that Cifuentes stayed with us, it would be more than worth doing.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:27 - Jun 14 with 2219 viewsfrancisbowles

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 08:30 - Jun 14 by dmm

Good point but are we able to identify and attract high caliber players as Brentford has? We seem to be moving in the right direction but we're not there yet. If we had to keep JCS so that Cifuentes stayed with us, it would be more than worth doing.

That could go horribly wrong DMM.

JCS gets a long expensive contract and breaks down in September.
Marti gets a better offer in October.

I agree with QPR Jim, if we get the right offer for JCS, we sell.

We have to stick to the plan.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 2122 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:27 - Jun 14 by francisbowles

Learn from the Warburton and Beale summers that put us in the sht in the first place. Don’t repeat those same mistakes.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:51 - Jun 14 with 2113 viewsStainrod

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:27 - Jun 14 by francisbowles

Totally agree. I understand why fans were against selling under previous regimes because we didn't have much faith that we would get the right replacements. But for the first time in years we seem to have some intelligent people running the club. There's no guarantee they will get it right of course, and I am sure there will still be the occasional flop as with any club, but I simply don't see what other option we have. Buying a striker who can score goals is probably the one area in the Championship where its extremely hard unless you can pay a serious transfer fee. And that is probably the single biggest barrier to us progressing. We are going to have to raise funds from somewhere to do that.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:05 - Jun 14 with 2002 viewsdmm

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 08:30 - Jun 14 by dmm

Hmmm, yeah maybe I'm wrong on this. I guess I'm just desperate for Cifuentes to stay but I can see that isn't the best basis on which a club should operate. I'm just so tired of the manager merry-go-round.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:18 - Jun 14 with 1926 viewsfrancisbowles

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:05 - Jun 14 by dmm

Hmmm, yeah maybe I'm wrong on this. I guess I'm just desperate for Cifuentes to stay but I can see that isn't the best basis on which a club should operate. I'm just so tired of the manager merry-go-round.

Yes we all are but as you say, well run or better run club is the priority.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:26 - Jun 14 with 1871 viewsBLACKCAT

I'd be delighted if Cifuentes joined us but it is surely not going to happen. Getting a Spaniard to move from London to Wearside would need a lot of persuasion and a lot of money. I'm afraid our owners would be incapable of the former and unwilling to splash the latter.

There are points in our favour such as 40,000 average crowds but we'd need to offer a lot more than that to poach Marti. I hope you don't lose him to Burnley. Let The Turfites be unwise enough to go for Scotty Parker.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 1866 viewsQPR_Jim

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:05 - Jun 14 by dmm

I really want him to stay too, I'm hopeful he will for another season as well. I just think that sticking to the plan shouldn't make the team worse, we got better as a team after selling Freeman and Eze as well because we lost the star but used it to strengthen the whole squad. Brentford kept selling and buying cheap and ended up picking up players like Tony who are much better than the players they sold before.

If/when Marti leaves the only way we're going to persuade another decent coach to come here and to stay is if we're well run, so sticking to the plan should be the priority.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:52 - Jun 14 with 1627 viewsvanrrrr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:27 - Jun 14 by QPR_Jim

I really want him to stay too, I'm hopeful he will for another season as well. I just think that sticking to the plan shouldn't make the team worse, we got better as a team after selling Freeman and Eze as well because we lost the star but used it to strengthen the whole squad. Brentford kept selling and buying cheap and ended up picking up players like Tony who are much better than the players they sold before.

If/when Marti leaves the only way we're going to persuade another decent coach to come here and to stay is if we're well run, so sticking to the plan should be the priority.

Full on agree…Feels like we lucked out big time with Matti- taking over a big mess on the pitch and loads of change above him . Unlikely to be so lucky twice in a row.

Best scenario is. He stays at least this season and we continue some, seemingly good moves, off the pitch , get structures in place and are an upwardly mobile, more modern run club by the time we find the next Marti….. else it will be endless fire fighting. I ‘m tired of that!!

Would be nice to see rumours squashed though so we can concentrate on the transfer thread!
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:24 - Jun 14 with 1469 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 07:31 - Jun 14 by hoops_legend

The Profit and Sustainability Regulations work in three-year cycles so after heavily backing Warburton and Beale we were struggling last season and only some creative loan moves enabled us to bring in some new faces in January.

This season we start afresh so there is money to back Marti with.

Marti knew our financial situation when he joined us.

Christian Nourry tells us that we have much better analytical software at our disposal now, the kind of software that Brentford have used with great success.

So, I am optimistic about this season. Warburton had done enough to deserve financial backing, Beale hadn't and Marti has already proved that he deserves backing.

That said we still have to be viewed as a selling club but at the right price. Dieng and Dickie were flash sales as we really need the cash. This season we are not so desperate and have already released many players..
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:33 - Jun 14 with 1433 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:24 - Jun 14 by rbee

The Profit and Sustainability Regulations work in three-year cycles so after heavily backing Warburton and Beale we were struggling last season and only some creative loan moves enabled us to bring in some new faces in January.

This season we start afresh so there is money to back Marti with.

Marti knew our financial situation when he joined us.

Christian Nourry tells us that we have much better analytical software at our disposal now, the kind of software that Brentford have used with great success.

So, I am optimistic about this season. Warburton had done enough to deserve financial backing, Beale hadn't and Marti has already proved that he deserves backing.

That said we still have to be viewed as a selling club but at the right price. Dieng and Dickie were flash sales as we really need the cash. This season we are not so desperate and have already released many players..

We certainly don't have what Brentford or Brighton have. It's not a bit of software you can buy off the shelf.

Bare bones.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:34 - Jun 14 with 1429 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:49 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Learn from the Warburton and Beale summers that put us in the sht in the first place. Don’t repeat those same mistakes.

Two summers on the trot was our undoing. In my opinion Warburton had done enough to deserve some backing along with our league position at the time.

Beale however had just walked through the door and although you have to grant a new manager a couple of new players we went over the top with him.

Marti has done enough already to deserve some backing but on middle ground. New players purchased at the right price and existing players sold at the right price. There is currently no need to offload players at low prices.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:36 - Jun 14 with 1408 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:33 - Jun 14 by Antti_Heinola

We certainly don't have what Brentford or Brighton have. It's not a bit of software you can buy off the shelf.

Correct but Christian Nourry tells us that we are a lot closer now.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:36 - Jun 14 with 1216 viewsdaveB

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:36 - Jun 14 by rbee

Correct but Christian Nourry tells us that we are a lot closer now.

He says a lot of things but we are miles off those 2 clubs even if we have improved
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:51 - Jun 14 with 1125 viewsR_from_afar

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:26 - Jun 14 by BLACKCAT

I'd be delighted if Cifuentes joined us but it is surely not going to happen. Getting a Spaniard to move from London to Wearside would need a lot of persuasion and a lot of money. I'm afraid our owners would be incapable of the former and unwilling to splash the latter.

There are points in our favour such as 40,000 average crowds but we'd need to offer a lot more than that to poach Marti. I hope you don't lose him to Burnley. Let The Turfites be unwise enough to go for Scotty Parker.

Thanks for coming on here and making that contribution

I hope we keep Marti and that you get a decent manager who isn't called Cifuentes. All the best.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:54 - Jun 14 with 1108 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:36 - Jun 14 by daveB

He says a lot of things but we are miles off those 2 clubs even if we have improved

Obviously!!! Perspective Dave, perspective.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:05 - Jun 14 with 1054 viewsNorthernr

I'm very hopeful Nourry drags us into the 21st century kicking and screaming. I've been quite impressed with a lot of what he's done so far, and he certainly seems engaged and proactive on a number of fronts when, as said, the people running the club before him felt like they'd tried hard, burned themselves out, and were pretty much checked out and defeated.

One thing Lee Hoos did say at the last fans forum though, and I've been guilty of this over the years, is that if you're going to look at Brighton and Brentford specifically you've got to appreciate the business their owners are in, the technology and system they've got at their disposal to run and operate those businesses, and if not accept defeat then just accept that it's a bit of a special case. There's a reason clubs that used to lose bottom division league fixtures to Scunthorpe are now in the top flight beating Man Utd up. The sort of data and analytics those two are privvy to is a pipe dream even for the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

We should be doing loads better though. Listening to that Jimmy Dunne podcast he said he was at Chelsea for a trial as a 14 year old, and they took blood samples etc, got a whole genetic profile and make up of his family, and were able to predict exactly where, how and how much his body would develop and grow over the next six years. He said when they didn't take him up and sign him they actually gave him the files so he could show it to other clubs. When you compare those sorts of levels to us, for instance, signing Taylor Richards... or persisting for long periods of time with Aaron Drewe, Rafferty Pedder etc...

Nourry's also introduced interviews for prospective signings. Everybody who signs here now is interviewed by the club as part of a big bulked up character and background check.

Like I say, I'm quite encouraged by him, but I think comparisons to brighton and brentford (and look I've made loads over the years) are probs unhelpful/unrealistic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024