Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 17:48 - Aug 4 with 10548 viewsDaleaholic

Appears we may be playing Liverpool tomorrow...? Behind closed doors or part of the 'fun day'?

Tweet from George Donnelly:
"Can't wait to play Liverpool tomorrow!☺⚽Gonna be running & defending for non stop 90mins! Gonna be hard but what a experience!"

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Liverpool on 18:00 - Aug 4 with 4012 views442Dale

So how does this affect the fun day when the main attraction is an open training session?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Liverpool on 18:04 - Aug 4 with 3965 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 18:00 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

So how does this affect the fun day when the main attraction is an open training session?

My thoughts exactly. The training session and the team pic being the main two bits.

TBBT

Liverpool on 18:10 - Aug 4 with 3947 viewsphomem

Liverpool on 18:04 - Aug 4 by SalwaDale

My thoughts exactly. The training session and the team pic being the main two bits.

Easy they ping about some balls have their photos and bugger off to liverpOol leaving the fun day behind
Liverpool on 18:14 - Aug 4 with 3931 viewsjamRAFC

games being played at mellwood (which i think is liverpools training ground)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Liverpool on 18:35 - Aug 4 with 3863 viewsolympicdale

we need to know if the team is planning to turn up tomorrow, otherwise the biggest attraction is a bouncy castle....

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 19:00 - Aug 4 with 3800 viewsRicardo

Liverpool on 18:35 - Aug 4 by olympicdale

we need to know if the team is planning to turn up tomorrow, otherwise the biggest attraction is a bouncy castle....

I don't disagree - but I also think those that went to Southport today also needed to know the type of team that would be playing today. Given the recent "we need more 90 minute games for our first team" comments you would have expected first team players today.

I know I did.

And that is why I decided not to use my Olympic tickets at Old Trafford today (Egypt v Japan) to see if I could get excited about the new season.

Guess that Team Rochdale has left us fans well behind

Massively disappointed and hugely annoyed.

I only wish I had not renewed for next season and had decided to take each game as it comes. I will not make that mistake again
Liverpool on 19:00 - Aug 4 with 3798 views442Dale

I'm sure the club will mention the plan on the OS for tomorrow now that a game has been arranged. Doubt they'd risk a PR nightmare with fans turning up for the training/team photo if it's going to be affected by a match.

Liverpool on 19:05 - Aug 4 with 3781 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 19:00 - Aug 4 by Ricardo

I don't disagree - but I also think those that went to Southport today also needed to know the type of team that would be playing today. Given the recent "we need more 90 minute games for our first team" comments you would have expected first team players today.

I know I did.

And that is why I decided not to use my Olympic tickets at Old Trafford today (Egypt v Japan) to see if I could get excited about the new season.

I only wish I had not renewed for next season and had decided to take each game as it comes. I will not make that mistake again

was a great game at OT too, thats just not acceptable by the club to keep the fans in the dark, but surely you should have picked an olympic game over a pre season game, especially with the one on tuesday.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 19:12 - Aug 4 with 3759 views442Dale

Liverpool on 19:00 - Aug 4 by Ricardo

I know I did.

It's not something that Coleman can be blamed for as he sent out whatever side he saw fit today, but if games are being arranged, somebody should be asking him if a public game is going to mainly squad and trialist players. ie. the club should immediately think of the implications of arrangements made on fans.

Will the Burnley game see the first team playing?

Liverpool on 19:27 - Aug 4 with 3727 viewsRicardo

Liverpool on 19:05 - Aug 4 by olympicdale

was a great game at OT too, thats just not acceptable by the club to keep the fans in the dark, but surely you should have picked an olympic game over a pre season game, especially with the one on tuesday.

Got tickets for OT on Tuesday as well

Know where I will be going - where I feel valued
Liverpool on 19:30 - Aug 4 with 3703 viewsisitme

Liverpool on 19:27 - Aug 4 by Ricardo

Got tickets for OT on Tuesday as well

Know where I will be going - where I feel valued

You will feel valued at a team GB game? A football team we will probably never see again in our lifetimes?

At least at a Rochdale game you will be putting some much needed money into the coffers.
Liverpool on 19:43 - Aug 4 with 3672 viewsAtThePeake

The only thing I can take from this is the original tweet. He should be running harder in League games that count than friendlies, whether they're against Liverpool or not. Get ya priorities sorted George lad!

Tangled up in blue.

Liverpool on 19:49 - Aug 4 with 3652 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 19:43 - Aug 4 by AtThePeake

The only thing I can take from this is the original tweet. He should be running harder in League games that count than friendlies, whether they're against Liverpool or not. Get ya priorities sorted George lad!

whats wrong with him being excited to play against Liverpool, no matter what team they put out, he's hardly gonna be more bothered about this than Northampton, looking at him on the pitch, he just loves playing the game.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 19:51 - Aug 4 with 3651 viewsRicardo

Liverpool on 19:30 - Aug 4 by isitme

You will feel valued at a team GB game? A football team we will probably never see again in our lifetimes?

At least at a Rochdale game you will be putting some much needed money into the coffers.

Valued as a customer and appreciated by the players - probably yes.

Know I have not felt that at the Dale in last year or so.

In terms of money in coffers - already paid so RAFC no worse off
Liverpool on 20:05 - Aug 4 with 3625 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Liverpool on 19:51 - Aug 4 by Ricardo

Valued as a customer and appreciated by the players - probably yes.

Know I have not felt that at the Dale in last year or so.

In terms of money in coffers - already paid so RAFC no worse off

Is JC going to have the first team playing on Sunday and Tuesday? Its more likely another behind closed door game on Weds and another tenner to what a bunch of trialists on Tuesday?

The same trialists that will be doing a training session at the fun day?

Cant wait to see who's on the top table for the fans forum? Desmond Dragon, Keith Hicks and Dave Sweetmore?

Team Rochdale? Not so much!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Liverpool on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 3612 viewsColDale

is it not a case that Coleman thinks his players will benefit more from playing against a strong Liverpool side than he will against a Southport side that based on last year could have changed the entire side at half time? There's an argument either way, but surely its a decision made in the best interests of the side. Besides as someone mentioned in the pub tonight, perhaps Liverpool have got a big frontman that they are looking to loan out.
Liverpool on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 3611 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 20:05 - Aug 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Is JC going to have the first team playing on Sunday and Tuesday? Its more likely another behind closed door game on Weds and another tenner to what a bunch of trialists on Tuesday?

The same trialists that will be doing a training session at the fun day?

Cant wait to see who's on the top table for the fans forum? Desmond Dragon, Keith Hicks and Dave Sweetmore?

Team Rochdale? Not so much!

Team Rochdale left for Barnsley.

Not like you to be so negative 'bout the Dale though? I would imagine the first team will turn up tomorrow, as has been said, would we REALLY risk such a PR disaster, first team against Burnley, and trialists/youth in any other game after that.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 20:15 - Aug 4 with 3595 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool on 20:11 - Aug 4 by olympicdale

Not like you to be so negative 'bout the Dale though? I would imagine the first team will turn up tomorrow, as has been said, would we REALLY risk such a PR disaster, first team against Burnley, and trialists/youth in any other game after that.

It would be nice to know beforehand.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Liverpool on 20:15 - Aug 4 with 3593 viewsColDale

the first team will definitely be appearing at the Fun Day. The team and individual photos are all being taken as well. Things may be a few minutes later than planned, but the day still goes ahead.
Liverpool on 20:21 - Aug 4 with 3574 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 20:15 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

It would be nice to know beforehand.

assumptions are all we have, good to see from Col its going ahead, so what time is the Liverpool game?

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 3560 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Liverpool on 20:11 - Aug 4 by olympicdale

With seeing so little of our first team, would anyone know who half of them were if they did turn up to the fun day?

I'm just really worried OD, i'm sure sweetcorn will tell be to get a grip or something as i'm an idiot, but I feel our 2300 die hards has become 2000 and could soon become 1600 if we dont get some good news or at least seem to matter, soon.

I'd be really happy with 10th or above, a decent home record and some young lads coming through, which we may well get.

Once the season starts i'm hopeful it will be ok, but i'm just not feeling it somehow.

Liverpool on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 3546 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool on 20:25 - Aug 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

With seeing so little of our first team, would anyone know who half of them were if they did turn up to the fun day?

I'm just really worried OD, i'm sure sweetcorn will tell be to get a grip or something as i'm an idiot, but I feel our 2300 die hards has become 2000 and could soon become 1600 if we dont get some good news or at least seem to matter, soon.

I'd be really happy with 10th or above, a decent home record and some young lads coming through, which we may well get.

Once the season starts i'm hopeful it will be ok, but i'm just not feeling it somehow.

Your idiocy has never been called into question, Ste.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Liverpool on 20:32 - Aug 4 with 3526 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Liverpool on 20:28 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

Your idiocy has never been called into question, Ste.

Thats the first bit of good news for a while, thank you TVOS!

Liverpool on 20:33 - Aug 4 with 3517 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 20:11 - Aug 4 by ColDale

is it not a case that Coleman thinks his players will benefit more from playing against a strong Liverpool side than he will against a Southport side that based on last year could have changed the entire side at half time? There's an argument either way, but surely its a decision made in the best interests of the side. Besides as someone mentioned in the pub tonight, perhaps Liverpool have got a big frontman that they are looking to loan out.

I would have thought it would have been more beneficial to play a strong Conference side away like Southport than a Premieship outfit on their own pitch. Southports season starts next Saturday so they where never going to play two different sides.

Today would have been the ideal game to play our strongest eleven, against a team not much different than the opposition we will be facing week in week out, whats the point in playing against opponents who are all of international standard or kids who have yet to break through (Ecclestone)?

Its obvious going off Donnellys tweets that the players will be a bit star struck, but for me todays game was the real test and i think we disrespected Southport FC !!
Liverpool on 20:34 - Aug 4 with 3513 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 20:21 - Aug 4 by olympicdale

assumptions are all we have, good to see from Col its going ahead, so what time is the Liverpool game?

10 30 am
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024