Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match 14:33 - Oct 23 with 12063 viewsNorthernr

Anecdotes welcome. On the Podcast tonight, thinking of doing this as a lighter subject so it's not all doom and gloom. In the wake of somebody at the Spurs match on Saturday overheard yelling "Get two strikers on Boas you... you... fcking Mourinho bstrd."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:42 - Oct 23 with 4171 viewsE7Ranger

Going back a bit but from a mate away to Watford. A quiet moment with Watford's advertising rolling over the board at their end and John shouts "Solve it with Solvite... glue Dean Coney to his bed!"
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:44 - Oct 23 with 4150 viewstoboboly

Kid next to me, about four seasons ago, in the upper loft didn't have a clue but wasn't afraid at screaming things at the top of his voice. "TRIANGLES" was a favourite, didn't matter if we didn't have the ball. He would then follow up with more pearls of wisdom such as "PRESSURE" as we stormed down the wing, and "LINE IT" when we were defending.

A true tool.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:45 - Oct 23 with 4140 viewsMoonshineSteve

Home v Palace a few years back. Danny Granville comes to take a throw in front of R block. Someone shouts "Granville!". He turns and looks. "Fetch a cloth".

Younger posters can Google that but it made all the Ronnie Barker fans in the crowd laugh.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:45 - Oct 23 with 4140 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The one that sticks out

From a Scandinavian fan at Wigan last year after one of theirs was booked.

"That's right Ref, show him the Cheese on toast"

Or the African guy who sat next to me and Orthodox_Hoop during a Championship match and when the Lino made a shocking descision (it was really poor) shouted to us
"If he did that in my country....we would kill him!"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:46 - Oct 23 with 4137 viewsPattaya_Rs

Southampton away in the FA Cup in the early 90s……..we were losing (no surprise there really)……Roy Wegerle came over to take a throw near the Rangers bit……….bloke shouts out…….
“ Wegerle, you’re like my wife, you don’t excite me anymore “………..even he smiled………….
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:52 - Oct 23 with 4110 viewsWokingR

My daughter shouted "Shoot" at Jay Bothroyd last year

Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:53 - Oct 23 with 4102 viewsloftboy

When Roy Wegerle won a penalty against Arsenal in 1990 an Arsenal fan who had been a dick all game sat behind us in F block shouted out " if that was a penalty then I'm a vvanker" my mate turned round to him and Cooley said " definitely a penalty then"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:55 - Oct 23 with 4092 viewsMerthyrHoop

Can't remember the player but one of the opposition came over to take a throw, out of nowhere someone shouted..."Oooh look at me mum, I play for Port Vale"

Plus, also watched us at Leeds a few years back, when we had sponsors underneath the number on the back of our shirts. One of the locals: "Sellotape? Ya' sticky bastard!"
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:59 - Oct 23 with 4075 viewsBklynRanger

- In the last home game against Arsenal, maybe 93/94 this young lad decided to yell out, in a strangely DIckensian tone "GOD BLESS THE STEWARDS!", which I thought was bizarre and very funny.

- Against Sheff Utd on the day of the Paladini boardroom shennanigans somebody near me shouted, "COME 'ERE JAGIELKA, I FANCY YOU SON!" which seemed to amuse Jagielka quite a lot.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:02 - Oct 23 with 4062 viewsMytch_QPR

Twas a Tuesday Carling Cup match in the early 1990's (Steve Slade era) and we were losing 3-0 or 3-1 (haven't checked the history books) in our usual 'Cup casual' form to someone like Carlisle. LR boasted the atmosphere of a vacumn and the attendance was not large, as you would expect (the club considered holding the tie in a phone box off the Uxbridge Rd).
Anyway...
About half way through the second half, in the hushed silence, as another Rangers effort found its way to the back of the School End Upper, someone (maybe a poster on this site?) gets up, throws down his programme, and just cries out "You f***ing ruined my life, Rangers", and walks out.
My mate, who was sitting with me at the time now lives in Australia, but still greets me with that same line when we discuss Rangers!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:02 - Oct 23 with 4055 viewsNeil_SI

You're not going to believe this (because I'm a nice boy) but I once shouted "Rose you turd" very loudly at Matthew Rose.

I'm still embarrassed by it now because I don't know why I did it, and at the point I shouted it he'd come over to take a throw in, and for some reason the crowd went eerily silent just as I opened my gob. It made a lot of people laugh, but I felt incredibly guilty because he clearly heard it.

What was worse, someone else decided to shout "Rose you w*nker" straight afterwards. But that was the first and last time I ever shouted abuse at one of our players. I learned my lesson. I think we were losing 4-0 to Charlton or somebody like that and we may have come back to lose 4-2 overall. Would have been years back, 1997/98 or thereabouts.

More recently — someone sitting near me was getting very irate with the linesman not making in his opinion, the correct decisions (even though he was) and on one particular occasion, from a decision he believed the official missed, shouted "Oiiii!!!! Lineo!!! Are you f*cking deaf or what?"

He then continued shouting abuse at him on and off for a good 5 minutes, before I shouted at him "He's deaf, he can't hear you mate"... and he didn't get it.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:02 - Oct 23 with 4055 viewsslranger40

One of my (obscure) favourites: A mate of mine started: "your just a phone mast near Croydon" to the Crystal Palace Fans one year at selhurst.

Needless to say, there was only 2 of us singing and our intended audience , Palace fans, never herd a thing. Not sure the Rangers fans around us appreciated it either...

Lesson lernt, don't go to pint 6 territory pre match (or ever) if you can avoid it.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:05 - Oct 23 with 4036 viewsTHEBUSH

Years ago I went to a Glasgow Rangers game, when they were playing Valletta in one of the European Cups. When a Valletta substitute came on, the crowd booed him and shouted catholic bastard, I asked why and someone said, he made the sign of the cross when he came on.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:06 - Oct 23 with 4032 viewsNW5Hoop

One from the Upper Loft, early 90s.

"Oi, Barker, you're playing worse than my gran. And she's been cremated."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:09 - Oct 23 with 4013 viewsFDC

Great thread.

At Chesterfield several seasons ago, pissing it down with rain, Rangers hadn't turned up. Bizarrely Chesterfield decided to provide half-time entertainment down at the away end in the form of a (horrendous) cheerleader troupe. Grim silence met this display, until the guy next to me bellowed (with genuine, terrifying rage in his voice) "You're a fcking disgrace. And you porky!".

Last season (I forget where) I found myself screaming "that's fcking ponderous" at SWP - surely the first time "ponderous" has been said with such venom.

I also remember being mightily amused as a kid by someone shouting "where are you Ref?" in a Big Breakfast "where are you Keith" stylee....
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:12 - Oct 23 with 3987 viewsNeil_SI

Not quite shouted out, but at the end of a dismal performance many years back, one guy just as everybody was leaving summed up the feeling by announcing in a full classified results voice: "Queens Park Rangers nil, Queens Park Rangers fan, twenty three pounds".

The "We're not Arsenal anymore" chants after Stewart Houston and Bruce Rioch left the club and all the ex-Arsenal players were ditched from the line-up by John Hollins was also pretty epic and amusing.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:15 - Oct 23 with 3971 viewsNorthernr

My favourite was at Wigan away last year when Agyemang missing an open goal sparked a good two minutes of hateful abuse from the away end. Once we'd all sat down and the game was up and running again the bloke behind the LFW crew yelled "Oh Agyemang, you really are a terribly uncoordinated fellow."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:16 - Oct 23 with 3962 viewsHollowayRanger

and its queens park rangers
queens park rangers fc
there by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

sorry to those who sing it but....really!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:18 - Oct 23 with 3952 viewsJeff

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:15 - Oct 23 by Northernr

My favourite was at Wigan away last year when Agyemang missing an open goal sparked a good two minutes of hateful abuse from the away end. Once we'd all sat down and the game was up and running again the bloke behind the LFW crew yelled "Oh Agyemang, you really are a terribly uncoordinated fellow."

Do we still have Fearless' ten minute Agyemang rant on the platform at Crewe (?) post Wigan?

Fairly sure Neil recorded it...

Can we not knock it?

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:19 - Oct 23 with 3915 viewsreal_loftus

Saints v QPR at the Dell back in the late 80s. Kevin Moore had an unusually white set of legs..prompting someone to shout out "Oi Moore, sort your suntan out!"...despite it being a chilly winter evening. Actually got a couple of laughs from memory. Sadly Kevin Moore is now suffering with some sort of dementia (true story). I'm not sure if the witty quip had anything to do with that.

ATAF

ATAF.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:24 - Oct 23 with 3907 viewsJamie

Not something said, but the 5-0 at Wimbledon where Agyemang destroyed us, late in the game the scoreboard flashed up 5-0 to QPR sparking wild celebrations in the away end for roughly 90 seconds before it was corrected.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:25 - Oct 23 with 3904 viewsMytch_QPR

Playing Grimsby a fair few years ago, a less than fit Grimsby player took a corner at the Loft End to chants of "Who ate all the fish???"

Not a classic, admittedly, but I thought it was funny.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:30 - Oct 23 with 3880 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I remember in the 90's playing Everton everyone singing standing on the Lower Loft to Pat Van Den Hawe(sp)

"There's only one Bill Wyman"

EDIT, think it was Millwall in the Cup, when Macca offered out their fans.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:30 - Oct 23 with 3878 viewsQPunkR

Absolutely brilliant thread!!
I'm gonna have to reboot the auld memory banks to try and recall some as well

QPR - "shit but local"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:40 - Oct 23 with 3840 viewsToast_R

Villa at home back in the 90's

Everyone singing Big Fat Ron is homosexual in tandem before it fades out to quiet and then one big bugger pipes up with

Big Fat Ron?
Your a Homosexual!

Gave loads a good laugh...had to be there I suppose

Although it might have been Coventry not Villa?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024