Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match 14:33 - Oct 23 with 12101 viewsNorthernr

Anecdotes welcome. On the Podcast tonight, thinking of doing this as a lighter subject so it's not all doom and gloom. In the wake of somebody at the Spurs match on Saturday overheard yelling "Get two strikers on Boas you... you... fcking Mourinho bstrd."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 1749 viewsHantsR

Many years ago, when we beat Koln 3-0 [The classic Fawlty Towers German episode had just been shown on TV for the first time] - during a lull in play, one fan shouted, "try not to mention the war Dave!"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:19 - Oct 23 with 1734 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:45 - Oct 23 by Metallica_Hoop

The one that sticks out

From a Scandinavian fan at Wigan last year after one of theirs was booked.

"That's right Ref, show him the Cheese on toast"

Or the African guy who sat next to me and Orthodox_Hoop during a Championship match and when the Lino made a shocking descision (it was really poor) shouted to us
"If he did that in my country....we would kill him!"

Ha! Remember that guy fondly, he always seemed to end up next to us. Another one of his favourites was 'I like this number 7, he is my friend!'
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:20 - Oct 23 with 1733 viewsHantsR

Jermain McSporran a black footballer, came on as sub for Wycombe Wanderers and someone shouted, "McSporran! f... me, now I've seen everything, a ..."

perhaps I'd better not go on any more, it wasn't PC, but sounded quite funny.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:23 - Oct 23 with 1724 viewskomradkirk

a guy used to go to local games with us and insisted at every goal kick to shout "up the bum no babies"
never knew the relevance but it became matter of fact.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1716 viewskomradkirk

know some fantastic sectarian repartee but best not said on a public forum.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 1701 viewsTheBlob

Sometime back in the seventies,someone from the Ellerslie shouts...
"Come on you R's,only twenty minutes to the last thirteen"

Or to the hulking Jack Charlton....

"Were you a f*cking bulldozer in a previous life?"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:39 - Oct 23 with 1690 viewsMedwayR

Before the great escape 2-2 against Derby in our Championship winning season Derby unveiled a statue of Brian Clough & Peter Taylor, fair to say Derby fans didn't laugh when I commented that their statue looked nothing like Timothy Spall

Poll: Who’s better?

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:48 - Oct 23 with 1673 viewsMrSheen

I was in the away end at the Manor Ground in Oxford in 1986, watching Everton blow the league - and I was so desperate to see them relegate Oxford after Wembley a few weeks before. Rather than cheer their boys on for one last effort, the Everton fans were getting stuck into their own players, particularly Gary Stevens, who was having a bad game. I remember someone bellowing in Scouse:
"Hey Stevens, you sh*g-happy tw*t, I've seen you get your hands on a pair of t*ts quicker than that!"
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 18:56 - Oct 23 with 1658 viewsStraightR

Cup game against Arsenal a few years back - we lost 0-6. When they were up 5 goals, guy in front of me in the Paddocks near the away end shouts "It ain't all over yet ya know". Most of the Arsenal lot, and Seaman in goal, just pi55ed themselves.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:00 - Oct 23 with 1654 viewsWatfordR

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 16:01 - Oct 23 by wombat

heres my contribution , playing boro I think many moons ago when craig hignett came over to the west paddock for a throw in , I was slightly worse for wear drink wise and asked him how his wife was, (hed been arrested due to some row the week before and thrown out the house) he turned round big smile on his face and replied fEck knows havent seen her for ages , he did get a round of applause from those who heard it

second one while playing liverpool and sat in SA a guy behind bellowed out Barnes you fat Black bastard , it was funny as the guy who shouted it out was fat and black as well everyine wet themselves around him

Remember an old mate, a Celtic fan, telling me about one Auld Firm game at Ibrox, where Mark Walters came over to take a corner in front of the massed away fans. Immediate chants of "You Black Bastard", except from a sole black Celtic fan. Who immediately chanted "You Proddy Bastard".
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:10 - Oct 23 with 1630 viewssupahoopsa

Many years ago at home to West Ham with Lee Chapman playing just after the rumours came out about why Cantona was sold from Leeds, the whole of the Loft singing

"He's French, he's flash, he's shagging Lesley Ash, Cantona, Cantona"

Lee wasn't a happy bunny

Also remember the Pat Van Den Howe/Bill Wyman chants - "Wyman split yer missus", "One Bill Wyman" - LOL

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:10 - Oct 23 with 1630 viewsMytch_QPR

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 16:56 - Oct 23 by Pacal_Votan

He don't post on here but it's still hailed as a classic. I was there....as they say.

It was comedy gold wasn't it?

No doubt he was back for the next game. It still makes me laugh because it sums up what supporting QPR can be like sometimes. Still, without the lows...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:22 - Oct 23 with 1616 viewsBrightonhoop

It was Crewe, 'look at me Mum, i'm playing for Crewe, fron R block, with devastating comedic timing.
From Ron Gould when we signed Henri Mancini....à milwall supporter shouted, 'Either QPR just signed Clément Freud or that bloke's got his head on upside down.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:57 - Oct 23 with 1564 viewsPacal_Votan

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 19:10 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

It was comedy gold wasn't it?

No doubt he was back for the next game. It still makes me laugh because it sums up what supporting QPR can be like sometimes. Still, without the lows...

He weren't wrong though was he?

Whatever you do....don't sit near his old man.

100percent can verify this.

"Try the whine!!!"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:02 - Oct 23 with 1556 viewsMarshman

vs West Ham in early 90's

"Julian Dicks? you aint even got one"

made me laugh anyway

There you go again with them negative waves

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:09 - Oct 23 with 1544 viewsNoDiddley

A few years ago my Wet Spam mate had a spare for their game v Sunderland so I go with him. Julio Arca commits a foul & is very apologetic to the ref, firstly putting his hands on his chest & then above his head. The wag behind me shouts
" It's no good fcuking surrending now the Falklands are over!"
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 1518 viewsVancouverHoop

In the mid-70s, home game (league cup?) against Notts County. Stan Bowles had run past their full back for the umpteenth time, when a County voice piped up: "Eee lad that's no good. Next time try slipping him a copy of the Racing Form."

A couple of years earlier from the loft, back when he was regularly subbing for Rodney: "Here he comes! Mickey Leach, the Pele of Hammersmith Broadway!"
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:25 - Oct 23 with 1512 viewswombat

Brighton slight slip on which Mancini maybe mate you sure you didn't mean TERRY Mancini think HENRI was a famous composer

Whoops

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:30 - Oct 23 with 1505 viewsBrightonhoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:25 - Oct 23 by wombat

Brighton slight slip on which Mancini maybe mate you sure you didn't mean TERRY Mancini think HENRI was a famous composer

Whoops

Ai. Culture's à fcker...
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:48 - Oct 23 with 1479 viewsderbyhoop

When I was stewarding, I had reason to have a word with some guy who was swearing like a trooper, which many kids could clearly hear.
For the last 15 minutes of the game we got comments like
"I'm not sure I agree with that decision, referee" and "Jolly unlucky that".
I think him and his mates had the time of their lives.

The other was at a Rugby Union match between Gloucester and Nottingham. Nottingham played with a gale force wind behind them in the first half and led 12-0 at HT, thanks to 4 penalties from Simon Hodgkinson, who went on to be England's full back. 2 minutes into the second half, Nottingham get another penalty in their own 22. A broad West Country accent pipes up with "Now, kick it form there then, you cocky bastard". Both Nottingham and Gloucester supporters fell apart.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:56 - Oct 23 with 1457 viewsYorkRanger

Stoke at home last year springs to mind. At 0-0 with time running out bloke in Ellerslie shouts out "change it Hughes, for f*cks sake you've got to change it", within about one minute SWP and Bothroyd start to warm up and the guys stands up and shout "for f*cks sake Hughes, leave it alone"
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 21:25 - Oct 23 with 1421 viewsflynnbo

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:25 - Oct 23 by wombat

Whoops

"Henry" was Terry Mancini's nickname. He of the Pink Panther theme music.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 21:47 - Oct 23 with 1385 viewsHantsR

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 21:25 - Oct 23 by flynnbo

"Henry" was Terry Mancini's nickname. He of the Pink Panther theme music.

Yes - he was always our 'Enery
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:01 - Oct 23 with 1363 viewsandygg

"Score in a toilet......you couldn't score in a toilet". to Clayton Blackmore and Bryan Robson v Manure many moons ago.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 1341 viewsFearless

Not at a match but funny anyway...

The late Steve Edwards arguing with his then girlfriend, she says:
"Sometimes I think you love Rangers more than you love me"

He replied:
"I love Chelsea more than I love you"

Oh dear
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024