Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match 14:33 - Oct 23 with 12102 viewsNorthernr

Anecdotes welcome. On the Podcast tonight, thinking of doing this as a lighter subject so it's not all doom and gloom. In the wake of somebody at the Spurs match on Saturday overheard yelling "Get two strikers on Boas you... you... fcking Mourinho bstrd."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:41 - Oct 24 with 1738 viewsShotKneesHoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:45 - Oct 24 by bosh67

After Trevor Sinclair's wonder bicycle kick goal against Barnsley one of our lot had been in the toilet and missed it. As Sinclair trotted back to the halfway line this fellow came up the steps and asked 'was it a good goal?' Bloke behind me went 'nah, it was a tap in.'

I remember another chap behind me standing up during one of Andy Hall's infamous performances at Rangers and shouting 'even your mum thinks you're a c*nt.' To which the guy next to him said 'aye mate, that's a bit disrespectful to his mum.' The chap nodded and then stood up again and shouted 'your dad thinks you're a c*nt as well.' He then sat down and looked over to the guy and said 'better?'

This is another brilliant one, so funny - and so true.

Probably it was the infamous home game against Crewe when Hall thought he was going to get lynched at the end of it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:41 - Oct 24 with 1735 viewsNorthernr

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:40 - Oct 24 by Fearless

There was also a version of wonder wall that included:

"And Hateley, are you gonna be the one that saves me,
Cos After all, Les was wonderful"

Seem to remember full words were printed in a kick up the R's

And all the keepers we play against are blinding,
And all the roads to Blundell Park are winding,
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:19 - Oct 24 with 1695 viewsBluce_Ree

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:40 - Oct 24 by Fearless

There was also a version of wonder wall that included:

"And Hateley, are you gonna be the one that saves me,
Cos After all, Les was wonderful"

Seem to remember full words were printed in a kick up the R's

"And all the roads to Prenton Park are winding...."

I remember that song in AKUTRs. Still depresses me to this day. Fking Hateley.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:46 - Oct 24 with 1660 viewsFearless

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:19 - Oct 24 by Bluce_Ree

"And all the roads to Prenton Park are winding...."

I remember that song in AKUTRs. Still depresses me to this day. Fking Hateley.

There was also a funny one about Trevor Francis - I think it was sung at the old Den in a pre season "friendly" (I know, very sad, sorry)

I different take on Dumbo

"I've seen a horse fly
I've seen a dragon fly
But I think I've seen about everything
When I've seen a Francis goal"

He then went on to score some amazing goals - the 3rd goal of his hat trick at villa park being an absolute gem
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:04 - Oct 24 with 1641 viewsRBlock

I remember it Reading away, when it was Dowie's last game before he got sacked, there was one particularly large, short haired female steward who we recognised from Loftus Road.
Cue: "Lesbian on overtime, Lesbian on overtime"
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:08 - Oct 24 with 1631 viewsTHEBUSH

I remember going to the R's in the late 50's, we were playing Wrexham and they had a goalie called Rolando Ugolini.
We had signed a Centre Forward called George Whitelaw and he was brute, built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse.
Me and my mates were in the kids pen, behind the goal at the Loft end.
Anyway, after our George had given Ugolini a right battering, he turned around and said to us Kids, what do they feed him on raw meat !!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:29 - Oct 24 with 1605 viewsTW_R

Not one of mine, but a good Gavin Peacock story.

He was playing away at Charlton and he ran over to take a corner. He was getting loads of abuse and someone in the crowd shouted "Oi, Peacock, your dad was much better than you!"

Then someone else shouted "Oi, Peacock, my dad was much better than you!", which he found quite funny.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:31 - Oct 24 with 1602 viewsderbyhoop

There was a full length poem on the back of an early edition of AKUTRS that ended
"I believe it's safe to get in cars with strangers
But I can't believe Paul Parker scored a goal for Queens Park Rangers".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:41 - Oct 24 with 1584 viewsrrrspricey

At Selhurst against Wimbledon as few years back some Rrs player score an OG and someone pipes up (using their best Harry Enfield voice) "I don't believe you wanted to do that"

Was hilarios at the time....i'm guessing you had to be there!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 1562 viewswillis1980

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:04 - Oct 24 by RBlock

I remember it Reading away, when it was Dowie's last game before he got sacked, there was one particularly large, short haired female steward who we recognised from Loftus Road.
Cue: "Lesbian on overtime, Lesbian on overtime"

i know the steward youre talking to about, always acted like a complete and utter pratt. given the fact she looked like vicky pollard people used to chant vicky give us a wave at her.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 1449 viewsWatfordR

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:43 - Oct 24 by Bluce_Ree

(at Dave Beasant when he was running out of his area) "you'll find no bells over there, Lurch" - didn't really work on a lot of levels but it made me laugh.

(at Tim Flowers from behind his goal) "Timmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a really high voice.

Remember a bloke being singled out from amongst all of us shouting Timmmmmeeeeee and thrown out for it down at the Dell.One poor bastard picked out from hundreds of us.He couldn't believe it, nor could anyone else.Including his girlfriend. Who stayed.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 1439 viewswombat

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 21:59 - Oct 24 by WatfordR

Remember a bloke being singled out from amongst all of us shouting Timmmmmeeeeee and thrown out for it down at the Dell.One poor bastard picked out from hundreds of us.He couldn't believe it, nor could anyone else.Including his girlfriend. Who stayed.

Remember Peter Shelton getting the same treatment as well her name was Tina I seem to remember he didn't take it to well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:34 - Oct 24 with 1415 viewsgigiisourgod

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:55 - Oct 24 by willis1980

i know the steward youre talking to about, always acted like a complete and utter pratt. given the fact she looked like vicky pollard people used to chant vicky give us a wave at her.

That lesbian refused me entry for that reading away game for being too drunk. Inexplicable!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 1411 viewsQPR_Jim

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:34 - Oct 24 by gigiisourgod

That lesbian refused me entry for that reading away game for being too drunk. Inexplicable!

How did she know you was drunk? Did you make a pass at her or something?
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 00:03 - Oct 25 with 1369 viewsmrmonkey

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:31 - Oct 24 by derbyhoop

There was a full length poem on the back of an early edition of AKUTRS that ended
"I believe it's safe to get in cars with strangers
But I can't believe Paul Parker scored a goal for Queens Park Rangers".

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 00:22 - Oct 25 with 1358 viewsted_hendrix

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:34 - Oct 24 by gigiisourgod

You weren't the only one, another poster on this board got refused entry to that game for being pissed (not me btw).
That steward was a proper Nazi cow.

That Reading game game was the one where I was working at the Madjeski stadium and the stadium manager let me pin a message to my beloved Rangers on the notice board in the visitors dressing room the Friday before the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 02:46 - Oct 25 with 1334 viewsqprdan

At an England v All Blacks egg chasing game a few years ago here in NZ, there was a bloke walking around the stand with a Wales rugby shirt on and someone shouted "are you here to support the ref you prick!!"

The ref was welsh incidentaly
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 05:15 - Oct 25 with 1328 viewsSydneyRs

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:43 - Oct 24 by Bluce_Ree

(at Dave Beasant when he was running out of his area) "you'll find no bells over there, Lurch" - didn't really work on a lot of levels but it made me laugh.

(at Tim Flowers from behind his goal) "Timmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a really high voice.

The high pictched "Timmeeeeeeeeee" chants at Flowers were hilarious, and he hated it.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 08:01 - Oct 25 with 1294 viewsCHUBBS

In a police cordon being marched to the station after the game.A bloke shouts out at the police,"Is this over 7 furlongs or a mile" which got a good laugh.

Playing Derby at home in the late 80s some bloke shouts out to the tin man Ted Mcmin "i told you to stop using head and shoulders you c@nt".
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 11:30 - Oct 26 with 1195 viewsTeddRanger

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:40 - Oct 23 by Toast_R

Villa at home back in the 90's

Everyone singing Big Fat Ron is homosexual in tandem before it fades out to quiet and then one big bugger pipes up with

Big Fat Ron?
Your a Homosexual!

Gave loads a good laugh...had to be there I suppose

Although it might have been Coventry not Villa?

Home game against Liverpool.

Barry Venison comes over to the Paddock to take a throw in.

Voice pipes up " Hey Barry ,Tell me- are you a natural blonde? " . He cracks up , along with the Paddock
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 1186 viewspaulparker

remember a fews back playing Arsenal, me and the old man in Ellesile , alan smith is berating the lino after being caught offside,
the old man stands up and shouts smith you CAANT !! it was your nose that was offside , cue Sniggering

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:34 - Oct 26 with 1124 viewsTonto

my mother is a bit posh (daughter of a naval officer). I took her to a game at Arsenal at Highbury, when we were about 3 or 4 seats from the orange nettting that divided the two sets of supporters. Martin Keown was doing his usual job of mahandling Wegerle or Ferdinand and was getting away with it as usual. then my mum pipes up "let go of him you dirty rotter" in her plumby school ma'am voice. Every gooner in the block next to us turn towards us to see where that had come from...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:23 - Oct 26 with 1090 viewsamhoop

I heard a classic in the paddocks once. Think it was first home game of the 05/06 or 06/07 season. During the game we're not playing particularly well. So one guy jumps up and shouts to Holloway/Wadock deadly serious... 'Get the big guns on, there's not point in saving them for later in the season!!' These 'big guns' consisted of players like Marc Nygarrd!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 16:54 - Oct 30 with 1010 viewsArgyBargy1982

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 14:23 - Oct 26 by amhoop

I heard a classic in the paddocks once. Think it was first home game of the 05/06 or 06/07 season. During the game we're not playing particularly well. So one guy jumps up and shouts to Holloway/Wadock deadly serious... 'Get the big guns on, there's not point in saving them for later in the season!!' These 'big guns' consisted of players like Marc Nygarrd!

Can't believe than no-one has nominated "You're fat and your bird's a slag" from the Southampton away match in the mid-90s. The whole Rangers stand was singing this at fat boy - tache and tight white t-shirt - for minutes on end. Eventually his classy Mrs turned round and lifted her blue skirt to reveal a huge pair of white bloomers. Fat boy went berserk and was thrown out. And when we left the ground he was lying sparko on the floor having been decked for being mouthy. And to cap it all we later found out they were well known Saints' fand called Whore!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 17:00 - Oct 30 with 1002 viewsdaveB

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 16:54 - Oct 30 by ArgyBargy1982

Can't believe than no-one has nominated "You're fat and your bird's a slag" from the Southampton away match in the mid-90s. The whole Rangers stand was singing this at fat boy - tache and tight white t-shirt - for minutes on end. Eventually his classy Mrs turned round and lifted her blue skirt to reveal a huge pair of white bloomers. Fat boy went berserk and was thrown out. And when we left the ground he was lying sparko on the floor having been decked for being mouthy. And to cap it all we later found out they were well known Saints' fand called Whore!

"skid marks on your knickers" was one of the chants aimed at her. That was a very funny day. the fella was featured in the Southampton programme as well which ended up in akutrs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024