Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match 14:33 - Oct 23 with 12100 viewsNorthernr

Anecdotes welcome. On the Podcast tonight, thinking of doing this as a lighter subject so it's not all doom and gloom. In the wake of somebody at the Spurs match on Saturday overheard yelling "Get two strikers on Boas you... you... fcking Mourinho bstrd."
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 22:51 - Oct 23 with 1520 viewsjo_qpr63

"ashley cole your john terrys bitch" Although my 11 year old thought they were singing "ashley cole your john terrys fish"!!..? Made me laugh.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 23:47 - Oct 23 with 1465 viewskysersosaqpr

Many moons ago, had got divorced and was taking my two youngish kids along with new girlfriend to qpr. The kids were old hats at the loft but first time for the (now misses). Anyway Seaman is in goal and getting boo'ed by the crowd and me and the kids every time he gets the ball.
"Why is everyone booing your goalie?" I explained he had just signed for Arsenal and was leaving next week.
Quick as a flash (and to the amusement of all around and bemusement of my 5&7 year old), the next time he got the ball and the booing started, she shouted repeatedly "shoot Seamen, shoot Seamen".

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 23:49 - Oct 23 with 1463 viewsNorthernr

Thanks for all the responses, read as many of them as I could in the time. Podcast now available

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1845
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 08:20 - Oct 24 with 1383 viewsHoopstar

Away to Norwich on one of those bitterly cold 1-0 defeat days about a decade ago and there was a particularly horrible female steward taking great pleasure in taking away what minimal enjoyment anyone in her section was getting from the game. At half-time as she waddled up and down in front of the away support about 30-40 of us started singing 'I see you baby, shakin' that ass' at her for about a minute and succeeding in getting her moved. One of the few plus points to the day!
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:12 - Oct 24 with 1352 viewsPommyhoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 08:20 - Oct 24 by Hoopstar

Away to Norwich on one of those bitterly cold 1-0 defeat days about a decade ago and there was a particularly horrible female steward taking great pleasure in taking away what minimal enjoyment anyone in her section was getting from the game. At half-time as she waddled up and down in front of the away support about 30-40 of us started singing 'I see you baby, shakin' that ass' at her for about a minute and succeeding in getting her moved. One of the few plus points to the day!

Superb..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:21 - Oct 24 with 1331 viewsShotKneesHoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 20:56 - Oct 23 by YorkRanger

Stoke at home last year springs to mind. At 0-0 with time running out bloke in Ellerslie shouts out "change it Hughes, for f*cks sake you've got to change it", within about one minute SWP and Bothroyd start to warm up and the guys stands up and shout "for f*cks sake Hughes, leave it alone"

Yes, that's the best one. Place fell apart.

All the funnier because of the seriousness and the truth in the comment.

That was the game that I also assured my brother every minute from the kick off not to worry because we would score in the 90th minute.

I then spent five minutes of added on time thanking Christ that Cisse wasn't subbed for either of those two clowns.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:42 - Oct 24 with 1304 viewsNorthernr

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:21 - Oct 24 by ShotKneesHoop

Yes, that's the best one. Place fell apart.

All the funnier because of the seriousness and the truth in the comment.

That was the game that I also assured my brother every minute from the kick off not to worry because we would score in the 90th minute.

I then spent five minutes of added on time thanking Christ that Cisse wasn't subbed for either of those two clowns.

Why would Cisse have been subbed, he was only sent on for the last 30 minutes himself?
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:43 - Oct 24 with 1304 viewsBluce_Ree

(at Dave Beasant when he was running out of his area) "you'll find no bells over there, Lurch" - didn't really work on a lot of levels but it made me laugh.

(at Tim Flowers from behind his goal) "Timmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a really high voice.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 1299 viewsShotKneesHoop

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:42 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Why would Cisse have been subbed, he was only sent on for the last 30 minutes himself?

I meant that Cisse got on and SWP and Betty didn't. Otherwise that would have been curtains.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 1298 viewsnadera78

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 15:30 - Oct 23 by Metallica_Hoop

I remember in the 90's playing Everton everyone singing standing on the Lower Loft to Pat Van Den Hawe(sp)

"There's only one Bill Wyman"

EDIT, think it was Millwall in the Cup, when Macca offered out their fans.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Kasey Keller was in goal for Millwall, and I remember him roaring with laughter when he heard that song.
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 10:30 - Oct 24 with 1265 viewsLblock

Outside SA Road during the PORT (Richard Thompson protest) demo after one game.... loads of people massed outside and atmosphere getting quite heated with stewards and OB holding people back and pushing away from Reception.... one fella walks casually behind the line of OB, opens the Reception doors and shouts out "Taxi for Thompson?!?!"

Tommy Collins to Stan Bowles - "Stan, what's it like being the second most famous geezer in Shepherds Bush?"

One of my fav's -- away end versus Brentford with their GK Alan Julien in front of us.... he got some stick with everybody giving it high pitched Julien's! Then a deep booming obvioulsy put on posh voice shouts out "Julien! Get to your room you bad boy!" and like a fool he turned round and looked as if he was going to cry!!

On the Wimbledon PA announcer he did get sacked eventually after announcing after Dons v Man Utd "Thanks for your support today and a safe journey back into Surrey for all visiting Man United fans..."

Finally, my all time favourite ever has to be the emergence of Jesus during our Premier relegation season... away at Villa I seem to think... "jesus - we need a miracle, jesus - we need a miracle". I think the fella travelled with the LSA and eventually started wearing a white robe to a few games!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 1183 viewsloftboy

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 10:30 - Oct 24 by Lblock

Outside SA Road during the PORT (Richard Thompson protest) demo after one game.... loads of people massed outside and atmosphere getting quite heated with stewards and OB holding people back and pushing away from Reception.... one fella walks casually behind the line of OB, opens the Reception doors and shouts out "Taxi for Thompson?!?!"

Tommy Collins to Stan Bowles - "Stan, what's it like being the second most famous geezer in Shepherds Bush?"

One of my fav's -- away end versus Brentford with their GK Alan Julien in front of us.... he got some stick with everybody giving it high pitched Julien's! Then a deep booming obvioulsy put on posh voice shouts out "Julien! Get to your room you bad boy!" and like a fool he turned round and looked as if he was going to cry!!

On the Wimbledon PA announcer he did get sacked eventually after announcing after Dons v Man Utd "Thanks for your support today and a safe journey back into Surrey for all visiting Man United fans..."

Finally, my all time favourite ever has to be the emergence of Jesus during our Premier relegation season... away at Villa I seem to think... "jesus - we need a miracle, jesus - we need a miracle". I think the fella travelled with the LSA and eventually started wearing a white robe to a few games!!!!

I used to work with Alan Julian's dad, scum fan

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:17 - Oct 24 with 1180 viewsWalnut

Also at Villa, the League Cup tie 95/96. We'd been suffering the consequences of not replacing Sir Les but not to worry, super Ray has brought in a £1m striker.
A massed sing-song before the game "We haven't scored lately, now we've got Hateley, tra la la la la la". If we knew then...............................
Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:36 - Oct 24 with 1153 viewsRickyDicky

Recently when the fakes came over. chap behind said.....

"I think the Refs having a good game"

Hilarious, oi did larf
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:45 - Oct 24 with 1139 viewsbosh67

After Trevor Sinclair's wonder bicycle kick goal against Barnsley one of our lot had been in the toilet and missed it. As Sinclair trotted back to the halfway line this fellow came up the steps and asked 'was it a good goal?' Bloke behind me went 'nah, it was a tap in.'

I remember another chap behind me standing up during one of Andy Hall's infamous performances at Rangers and shouting 'even your mum thinks you're a c*nt.' To which the guy next to him said 'aye mate, that's a bit disrespectful to his mum.' The chap nodded and then stood up again and shouted 'your dad thinks you're a c*nt as well.' He then sat down and looked over to the guy and said 'better?'

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 1128 viewsHAYESBOY

Not actually shouted but just the collective reaction form the crowd.

Might of already beem mentioned but too many posts to go through at work.

Just the collective groan and OMG's when Bob Malcom got out paced to a ball he had a 10 yard start at over the top of him.

Its one of the funniest things ive seen at a football match.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 1113 viewsQPunkR

I liked the song to Jermain Easter - 'you're not as good as Christmas, you're not as good as Christmas'

QPR - "shit but local"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 1105 viewshoops_legend

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:58 - Oct 24 by QPunkR

I liked the song to Jermain Easter - 'you're not as good as Christmas, you're not as good as Christmas'

Two instantly spring to mind...

A couple of years back vs WBA during Warnocks first game in charge, these kids (around 18-20) were sitting infront of me at front of Ellersie road shouting dogs abuse at the players... Generally at Carson telling him to to a dentist and just generally when a player was near calling his name and calling him a vvanker...

So after loads of Olsson... Olssoon... You vvanker...

Watson was coming over for a throw and they shouted Watson.... He looked over and asked whats up and the fans backed down and just cheers Watson watson instead.

Second: Man Utd fans (this pains me) chanting Gigggs.... Giggs is going to Amsterdam!!!

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:08 - Oct 24 with 1100 viewsStanisgod

Around about 79-80, sitting in the paddock, Tony Currie comes over to take a throw in. Guy shouts out " Currie, you're sh*t ", Currie turns round and says you wanna try playing with this lot " !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:19 - Oct 24 with 1076 viewsR_from_afar

I rather liked the chant last season of "You should've passed to the squirrel, passed to the squirrel".

I am struggling to recall many hilarious moments, perhaps due to the numbing effect this season's "performances" have had on my brain, but I want to share a mildly amusing yet intriguing episode whereby a new word was invented at Loftus Road, and what an apt place for that word to make its "debut".

As we trooped out of the Upper Loft after yet another 90 minutes of having our dreams trampled upon and our hopes ground into the turf, a yoof observed that Rangers had "defended shitly". That adverb was a new one on me - and I am quite an old buzzard, with a degree in modern languages to boot - but I liked it and feel that it would be appropriate to put up a plaque to celebrate the birthplace of that word.

I only hope that no Rangers fan has cause to say it there for the rest of this season.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:22 - Oct 24 with 1072 viewsQPunkR

Jamie Redknapp would've said we'd 'defended shit' due to his lack of any grasp on the English language.
I prefer that yute's approach!

QPR - "shit but local"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:24 - Oct 24 with 1067 viewswombat

heard while on the plane back from belgrade as we approahced the airport

going down going down going down,

it was sung by the players !!!

mullery wasnt happy

oh i laughed and laughed and laughed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:25 - Oct 24 with 1064 viewsR_from_afar

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:22 - Oct 24 by QPunkR

Jamie Redknapp would've said we'd 'defended shit' due to his lack of any grasp on the English language.
I prefer that yute's approach!

I admired the yoof's determination to follow a verb with an adverb! Grammar rules!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:31 - Oct 24 with 1048 viewsQPunkR

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:25 - Oct 24 by R_from_afar

I admired the yoof's determination to follow a verb with an adverb! Grammar rules!

RFA

Tsk, the yute of today!

QPR - "shit but local"

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 13:40 - Oct 24 with 1030 viewsFearless

Funniest thing you've heard shouted at a match on 12:17 - Oct 24 by Walnut

Also at Villa, the League Cup tie 95/96. We'd been suffering the consequences of not replacing Sir Les but not to worry, super Ray has brought in a £1m striker.
A massed sing-song before the game "We haven't scored lately, now we've got Hateley, tra la la la la la". If we knew then...............................

There was also a version of wonder wall that included:

"And Hateley, are you gonna be the one that saves me,
Cos After all, Les was wonderful"

Seem to remember full words were printed in a kick up the R's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024