Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did the Ref Actually say?? 21:05 - Oct 30 with 5446 viewskingsburyR

I haven't a clue

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 10:52 - Oct 31 with 766 viewsdaveB

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 10:50 - Oct 31 by THEBUSH

Chelsea should drop this nonsense straight away, I'd have thought they'd learned their lesson by now !!

well if players have gone to the club and said they were racially abused they have a duty to report it so I don't blame them for that
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:03 - Oct 31 with 754 viewsTHEBUSH

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 10:52 - Oct 31 by daveB

well if players have gone to the club and said they were racially abused they have a duty to report it so I don't blame them for that

Yes, but things are said in the heat of the moment and one off the cuff remark don't constitute racial abuse.
If everything we said is taken literally the whole country would be at a standstill.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:09 - Oct 31 with 747 viewsdaveB

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:03 - Oct 31 by THEBUSH

Yes, but things are said in the heat of the moment and one off the cuff remark don't constitute racial abuse.
If everything we said is taken literally the whole country would be at a standstill.

you could make the same argument about Terry. if he's said it he deserves to be punished as it's not acceptable.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:10 - Oct 31 with 744 viewsClive_Anderson

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:09 - Oct 31 by daveB

you could make the same argument about Terry. if he's said it he deserves to be punished as it's not acceptable.

Isn't the story that they threatened to break the refs legs?

Perhaps they got their retaliation in first with this racist cock and bull story.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:11 - Oct 31 with 744 viewsscot1963

the latest today (sorry Mail again) is that Clattenburg said 'Mikel' in his northern accent and the two players, Luiz and Ramires (one of whom does not have a good grasp of English apparently) say they heard 'monkey'
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:18 - Oct 31 with 729 viewsJigsore

If Chelsea turn out to be lying about this then that's really a new low, even for a scum club like themselves.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:24 - Oct 31 with 722 viewswillis1980

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:11 - Oct 31 by scot1963

the latest today (sorry Mail again) is that Clattenburg said 'Mikel' in his northern accent and the two players, Luiz and Ramires (one of whom does not have a good grasp of English apparently) say they heard 'monkey'

not that i read the dail hate (mail) but this is exactly what i was eluding to earlier, people from the north east have a pretty strong dialect, how those players understood what he said is beyond me. could he have possibly called him a numpty? i suppose we will have to wait atleast a year to find out.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:32 - Oct 31 with 715 viewsTHEBUSH

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:09 - Oct 31 by daveB

If the Chelsea players think the ref said a racist remark, they are in their rights to go ahead and prosecute.
For me the only people that any good will come out of this, are the lawyers.
Login to get fewer ads

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 12:36 - Oct 31 with 687 viewssmegma

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:32 - Oct 31 by THEBUSH

If the Chelsea players think the ref said a racist remark, they are in their rights to go ahead and prosecute.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/patrick-barclay-chelsea-have-form-when-
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 12:56 - Oct 31 with 662 viewsQPunkR

I'm not looking to take sides in this (although as stated previously I can't believe a ref would be stupid enough to utter such words even if he were racist), but someone's possibly tongue-in-cheek post made me think. Is it possible he swore under his breath after booking Mikel 'fookin cheeky monkey' or words to that effect, and foreigners on the Chelscum team heard him and misconstrued his words?
It'll be interesting to see exactly what happens with the FA enquiry as there's absolutely no concrete evidence either way

QPR - "shit but local"

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:01 - Oct 31 with 656 viewsTacticalR

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 12:56 - Oct 31 by QPunkR

I'm not looking to take sides in this (although as stated previously I can't believe a ref would be stupid enough to utter such words even if he were racist), but someone's possibly tongue-in-cheek post made me think. Is it possible he swore under his breath after booking Mikel 'fookin cheeky monkey' or words to that effect, and foreigners on the Chelscum team heard him and misconstrued his words?
It'll be interesting to see exactly what happens with the FA enquiry as there's absolutely no concrete evidence either way

That may well be what happened. Or it may not. That is why it is not a good idea to arrest people for what they have said.

Air hostess clique

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:02 - Oct 31 with 651 viewsBillionR

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:32 - Oct 31 by THEBUSH

I'm not sure, I think this could be a turning point. If they start recording ref's conversations it's only a matter of time before this will be available to TV viewers along the lines of rugby. Then there will be a clamp down on swearing/abusing the refs which would all be for the good of the game.

Everyone's been banging on about the behaviour of footballers in comparison to Olympic athletes and perhaps now is the chance to really clamp down on this from the grass routes to the premier league.

Personally, I'm fed up of all the moaning that goes on and players trying to get into the ref for every decision. I'm not sure we need to go as far as calling the ref "sir" but a ban on any player other than the captain talking to the ref would be a good move in my book.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 632 viewsTW_R

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 11:11 - Oct 31 by scot1963

Ah - makes sense. The word "mico" is spanish for Monkey. So all the Spanish players thought they heard monkey when he said Mikel.

Why Clattenburg would suddenly start speaking Spanish, particularly to a Nigerian, is beyond me, but I'm sure Cole & Terry can come up with a good reason.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:21 - Oct 31 with 624 viewsPhilmyRs

Jon Terry, openly seen on TV using Racist language. End result, long drawn out process and a 4 game ban. I’m interested to see what happens in this case. What worries me is the affect such accusations have on careers. In the players case, shown by Terry, very little, in the referees case, a career ending moment (potentially). Doesn’t seem fair.

My own personal take on the matter. There’s something distinctly ‘detestable’ about Chelsea the Football club. Not just historically from back in the 70s and 80s with their Right wing Racist element, but the ‘above the law attitude’ they have developed. Always the victims, never appearing gracious in defeat. They are the reason why so many people dislike Footballers.

Now before the Jamie’s of this board, continue to try and play the detached, objective voice of reason, which they go overboard with in my opinion, I know complaints of this nature have to be taken seriously. Due processes need to be followed etc. Nevertheless, the fact this club have history in destroying referee’s careers, the fact they are a vile Football club, the fact they rarely show remorse for their actions, and more importantly of all, the fact they are Chelsea Football club, means I’ll never trust them. They’ve built up a reputation, they’ve tarnished their image with how they’ve acted in recent months/years, it’s hard to trust them in this situation. In my opinion they need to change the culture of the club, from players to staff, until they do they'll continue to be detested by all but their own supporters.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:28 - Oct 31 with 610 viewswillis1980

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:21 - Oct 31 by PhilmyRs

Jon Terry, openly seen on TV using Racist language. End result, long drawn out process and a 4 game ban. I’m interested to see what happens in this case. What worries me is the affect such accusations have on careers. In the players case, shown by Terry, very little, in the referees case, a career ending moment (potentially). Doesn’t seem fair.

My own personal take on the matter. There’s something distinctly ‘detestable’ about Chelsea the Football club. Not just historically from back in the 70s and 80s with their Right wing Racist element, but the ‘above the law attitude’ they have developed. Always the victims, never appearing gracious in defeat. They are the reason why so many people dislike Footballers.

Now before the Jamie’s of this board, continue to try and play the detached, objective voice of reason, which they go overboard with in my opinion, I know complaints of this nature have to be taken seriously. Due processes need to be followed etc. Nevertheless, the fact this club have history in destroying referee’s careers, the fact they are a vile Football club, the fact they rarely show remorse for their actions, and more importantly of all, the fact they are Chelsea Football club, means I’ll never trust them. They’ve built up a reputation, they’ve tarnished their image with how they’ve acted in recent months/years, it’s hard to trust them in this situation. In my opinion they need to change the culture of the club, from players to staff, until they do they'll continue to be detested by all but their own supporters.

All you have to do is look at the behaviour of their owner tbh, who clearly gets to do as he pleases wherever he goes in life. the club is ethically rotten to the core which many football clubs are tbf, but chelsea as a club pretty much top the league of shame.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:30 - Oct 31 with 608 viewsJuzzie

Agree witthe above about Chelsea the football club. Aside from our own feelings towards them there is certainly something very horrible about them.

They are a brand, not a sport or entertainment (sic) and by being a brand means the desire to be at the top is everything and they will do anything to be there.

The 'better than everyone else' attitude, playing the victim, seriously bad losers (take our game in Oct 2011) and so on.

21st Century football at its worst.

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:37 - Oct 31 with 598 viewsPinnerPaul

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 10:18 - Oct 31 by daveB

how he is going to referee any Chelsea game from now on or have the respect of players, he's finished even if he said nothing.

That's nonsense - any team want to get rid of a ref , just accuse him of saying something.

Can't believe you think its fair that Suarez & Terry are found guilty but can carry on and yet you say even if MC found NOT guilty he is finished?!!!
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:44 - Oct 31 with 581 viewskingo

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 00:08 - Oct 31 by HollowayRanger

wouldnt it be great if all the refs got together and thought right you chelsea scum i'll fix you for this and when it came to every 50/50 decision penalty offside red card ect they went against the scum

they might actually have something to moan about then

Must be what they have decided for us !!

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:45 - Oct 31 with 579 viewsQPunkR

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:37 - Oct 31 by PinnerPaul

That's nonsense - any team want to get rid of a ref , just accuse him of saying something.

Can't believe you think its fair that Suarez & Terry are found guilty but can carry on and yet you say even if MC found NOT guilty he is finished?!!!

Yeah it's all a load of bollix from Chelscum if they've made this up on purpose.
Trying to either make sure the ref loses his job or at the very least is never allowed to ref their games any more.
They do indeed have form in this respect and the FA had better come down on them bloody hard if the allegations are proven to be made up

QPR - "shit but local"

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:45 - Oct 31 with 579 viewsTW_R

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:44 - Oct 31 by kingo

Must be what they have decided for us !!

Lol - maybe they're getting the two mixed up?
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 13:46 - Oct 31 with 579 viewsadhoc_qpr

Wasn't it Mikel who promised to join Man Utd and practically left them waiting at the airport while he then reneged without telling them to sign for Chelsea instead?

Not really relevent but not the most trustworthy character...
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 14:13 - Oct 31 with 551 viewsdaveB

they have different jobs. Terry and Suarez can carry on as no one needs to respect them, The ref needs to be in charge of the game and have the respect of all players, he'll have no chance of doing that if proved guilty I agree it's not fair but it's what will happen
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 16:01 - Oct 31 with 511 viewsscouseR

What did the Ref Actually say?? on 21:12 - Oct 30 by ted_hendrix

Minge.

If talking to Chelsea players must have been MUPPETS
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 16:07 - Oct 31 with 505 viewsNorthernr

"any team want to get rid of a ref , just accuse him of saying something."

Which is pretty much what we're seeing attempted here.
What did the Ref Actually say?? on 16:16 - Oct 31 with 488 viewskensalriser

You have to hand it to Chelsea. Just as soon as you run out of reasons to detest them, they come straight up with another.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024