Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy sacked 21:15 - Nov 5 with 37329 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10647106/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-sa
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 21:17]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Jimmy sacked on 08:42 - Nov 6 with 2465 viewswood_hoop

Jimmy sacked on 07:25 - Nov 6 by DWQPR

If it is Sherwood then so be it, rather have someone on the touchline who shows passion than one who doesn't, rather have someone who will take the emerging players more seriously like Shodipo and Kakay and realise that age isn't a barrier if the talent is there. He did that at Spurs with Kane and Mason. We do have a decent squad of players, that is a fact but the biggest let down is the midfield, they just do not score enough goals and for me having someone like Gyidolin, who by the looks of his time at Swansea would be more in the Di Canio mould, when the midfield scored goals for fun, as did Dave.

May be safer to build a 'Trump' like wall around me after this post, got a feeling I am geting a bit to 'sit on the fence like' in my dottage, really not that worried if Mr Sherwood if as seems likely, is the next head on the chopping block of our managerial roundabout.

Maybe not the most personable man that you could meet but then does anyone really know him ? Les obviously does and a man that is highly respected by a vast swathe of our supporters , TS has what many think a strange demenaor and not the 'type' of manager who sits well within the percieved look of a R's man.

Some managers do improve with experience and TS could well be on that list, his Villa term goes a long way of knowing just how tough this football malarky really is, took over a side that had been in freefalll and managed to just about avoid relegation but to his credit got them into a cup final, that experience could go a long way to just how good a manager he could become.

Maybe won't be on the top of many QPR 'invite to dinner lists' but could be one of the building blocks that Sir Les needs to continue bit by bit to re-shaping our club. Up to now things on managerial front hve not succeded but do think he will have a fair degree of confidence in TS, unlike the other appointments which did carry a 'spin of the roulette wheel' about them

LF TS CR, the trio must have built a good uderstanding of working together at the Spuds, with a reasonable amount of success I believe as well, futher down the road now, TS will be under no illussion that this is not a club where money can buy you out of trouble, will have to start at least with what JFH has left, which seems isn't anywhere near as bad as has been at various stages in our past.

TS will also have quite a mountain to climb to gain any confidence from the supporters, but then I am not really arsed if he's the type of man I wouldn't want my daughter to marry, he would be there to do a job with my club that puts us back on the football map and take us out of 'also rans' , dosn't mean has to be promotion, just a pride in watching our team on a football pitch and put some joy back into watching my chosen team trying to endorse all that is great about the 'beautiful game'.
Jimmy sacked on 08:48 - Nov 6 with 2448 viewsdaveB

Jimmy sacked on 02:11 - Nov 6 by Hunterhoop

Agree with the sentiment but I have a strange feeling Cpt Bellend will be successful. Has a similar feel to Warnock and Ollie's appointment. Neither were popular with the fanbase at the time, but both went brilliantly. Saying all this, I really do think Pearson is objectively the best call.

When Holloway got the job I was furious and thought we were making a dire decision. I thought he as an absolute bumbling idiot and I was quite happy to be proved wrong.

I feel the same about Sherwood but don't think i'll be wrong this time
Jimmy sacked on 08:55 - Nov 6 with 2416 viewsdaveB

Jimmy sacked on 23:40 - Nov 5 by actonman

I'm no advocate of Timmy by a long shot but playing devils advocate , most don't like him cos he acts lke a but f a cnt ,

His antics on the sideline remind me of a certain cvnte in charge not too far away from us at the moment and they seem to be doing alright right now ( the utter bstards !!! )

Ha ha that is amazing. Conte is one of the best managers in the world, won several league titles, took Italy to quarter finals of Euros and is tactically superb. How on earth can you compare him to Sherwood
Jimmy sacked on 08:59 - Nov 6 with 2397 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hard facts
LF has been a disaster as DoF and it's been down hill all the way as far as picking a manager is concerned .

CR and JFH got themselves sacked, they were given every chance but should never have been appointed in the first place, they were both dreadful.

If TS gets the job, nothing has been learned and that will be down to LF again.

It is TF that has taken the decision out of LF's hand's to sack them both, rightly so but what does that say of TF for letting LF appoint them in the first place.

Who next, well to start with you have you accept that JFH was not going to work out, not in a month of Sundays., it has to be someone with experience.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 9:01]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Jimmy sacked on 09:07 - Nov 6 with 2347 viewsQPR_Jim

Jimmy sacked on 08:48 - Nov 6 by daveB

When Holloway got the job I was furious and thought we were making a dire decision. I thought he as an absolute bumbling idiot and I was quite happy to be proved wrong.

I feel the same about Sherwood but don't think i'll be wrong this time

I think the difference is that olly had a connection to the club and I hope that the next manager will too. Unfortunately that limits our options. Jackett, Clements, Ainsworth?
Jimmy sacked on 09:08 - Nov 6 with 2335 viewsGloucs_R

Jimmy sacked on 08:59 - Nov 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hard facts
LF has been a disaster as DoF and it's been down hill all the way as far as picking a manager is concerned .

CR and JFH got themselves sacked, they were given every chance but should never have been appointed in the first place, they were both dreadful.

It is TF that has taken the decision out of LF's hand's to sack them both, rightly so but what does that say of TF for letting LF appoint them in the first place.

Who next, well to start with you have you accept that JFH was not going to work out, not in a month of Sundays., it has to be someone with experience.

They are not facts....thats your opinion.

LF has not been a disaster IMO, he has overseen the player purchases of some very good, young talent who we will make a profit on.

Jimmy, on paper, was exactly what a lot of people were crying out for. It hasn't worked, we move on. I think you believe LF has more power then he does, lots of people make these decisions and its certainly not down to just Les.

I personally think expectations are still too high. We should be a Top 10 Champ club for the next couple of years, balance the books, play entertaining football, bring through some youngsters and put some foundations in place. I'd say a lot of that is slowly happening.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jimmy sacked on 09:14 - Nov 6 with 2310 viewsCamberleyR

Hard facts

You credit Les with too much power. You honestly think that Hoos as Chief Exec and Fernandes as Chairman didn't have any say in who got hired and then let him have the final say?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jimmy sacked on 09:15 - Nov 6 with 2297 viewsWatfordR

IMO, football has passed by those managers who want to play safety first football. The likes of Mourinho being made to look more ordinary than special by the Klopps and Guardiolas of this world.

Eddie Howe has done a great job with Bournemouth who haven't tried to retain their top flight status by parking the bus, Southampton have done well in a similar way by employing coach after coach who fits their ethos. Continental coaches incidentally.

If we are after progress for the club, the next manager/coach needs to be all about taking us in this direction, which was JFH's big flaw (sadly).

Sherwood won't do it, and neither will most of the other names mentioned on this thread, though Clement might. I think we should look abroad, but I bet we won't.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy sacked on 09:17 - Nov 6 with 2283 viewsthemodfather

should of been sacked weeks ago, for free..i only only we are not giving him a pay off!
we must now clear the slate and be rid of the failing spurs influence, so NO TIM SHERWOOD.
Jimmy sacked on 09:26 - Nov 6 with 2242 views08olesen

Jimmy sacked on 00:57 - Nov 6 by BrazilNutR

G-Nev?

We could do worse than having him and Giggs running the show. We may even finally sort out the fullback and winger situation with their guidance!!!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Jimmy sacked on 09:34 - Nov 6 with 2211 viewsDorse

Just waking up to this. My considered response is 'Bugger'.

Not because of JFH or the squad necessarily but simply because we're back at square one. Whoever comes in is going to want to put their own people into place once again. Won't somebody please think of Jasper Clinkscales or even our Equipment Monitorer? And Connor is kacking it too.

I'm so fcuking sick of QPR right now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jimmy sacked on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 2160 viewsElHoop

Jimmy sacked on 09:34 - Nov 6 by Dorse

Just waking up to this. My considered response is 'Bugger'.

Not because of JFH or the squad necessarily but simply because we're back at square one. Whoever comes in is going to want to put their own people into place once again. Won't somebody please think of Jasper Clinkscales or even our Equipment Monitorer? And Connor is kacking it too.

I'm so fcuking sick of QPR right now.

Exactly. It's beyond belief that we'll get anyone any good in early November. Sacked for underperforming by the sound of it, not the style of play. I could at least understand it if he had said to JFH that we needed to find a more positive style of play and get the punters back through the gates, and JFH failed. But it doesn't sound like that was the case. JFH was sacked for poor results with a supposedly better squad than was reflected by those results. I'm pretty sure that Jim Gregory would have told JFH to start playing proper football or feck off. We've always turned over plenty of managers, but Fernandes' grip on reality seems non existent. Sir Les has to take responsibility for the style of play. If he's not been involved in that then what's the point of him at all? Either he's redundant or he's incompetent. Take your pick.
Jimmy sacked on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 2142 viewsCFW

Jimmy sacked on 09:08 - Nov 6 by Gloucs_R

They are not facts....thats your opinion.

LF has not been a disaster IMO, he has overseen the player purchases of some very good, young talent who we will make a profit on.

Jimmy, on paper, was exactly what a lot of people were crying out for. It hasn't worked, we move on. I think you believe LF has more power then he does, lots of people make these decisions and its certainly not down to just Les.

I personally think expectations are still too high. We should be a Top 10 Champ club for the next couple of years, balance the books, play entertaining football, bring through some youngsters and put some foundations in place. I'd say a lot of that is slowly happening.

Opinions is exactly what makes this forum so good . . .

So lets talk about FACTS:-

Most people saw the appointment of JFH as a positive step - young manager on the up with a good
track record in the lower leagues that should be able to step up. A proven player who turned out
for top clubs.

He took over at a time when we were in trouble - a poor squad that had players coming to the end
of their contracts and the FFP threat hanging over the club.

He has been given the backing of the club albeit on a limited budget and we have signed some good
young players that should be able to sell for more in the future.

We had the opportunity to get rid of Henry - his contract was finished but he decided to extend for another
season as a 'so called squad player' but he has been selected virtually every week and has been poor.

We have been unlucky with injury's to key players and with our squad being so light this was always going
to be a problem.

Everyone knew we needed a good young right back - so we chose not to sign one and also go into the season
with only three strikers. This current squad in unbalanced.

Sir Les has not covered himself in glory - yes he has worked hard and is trying to get us back on track but
is out of his depth and has no experience in his current role.

Ned is never a captain - solid player but never a captain - constantly played out of position.

Opinions:-

Mine for what they are worth:-

Sorry but Les has to resign.

Please let's stop talking about Warnock, Warburton, Curbishly, Ollie and all the other older 'has been managers'.

As others have said on this site I do think we have talent within the squad and with a few additions we should be able
to hold our own at this level. We need someone who can shape us, give the players direction and coach them
in a way that week in week out they know what they are expected to do for the team.

The problem we face is who takes over? We are not exactly the kind of club that managers would be crying out
to join given our past track record. I have a horrible feeling that the deal is already done and it is going to be Tiny Tim
at that point think it might be time to call it a day. If it is him how does he prove to the board he can turn us around?
Failed very badly in all his jobs to date and not exactly had loads of clubs chasing him since the Villa nightmare.
Jimmy sacked on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 2106 viewsderbyhoop

Jimmy sacked on 01:26 - Nov 6 by FDC

Plus he comes with the opposite of baggage. I yhink most fans would be patient with him which is a big point to take into accoint these days.

I thought the same about Les but people have been out to get him right from the start

No baggage for Clement???

Having a relationship with your striker's mother, allegedly, is not baggage?

I think the decision to sack JFH is symptomatic of modern football. A few bad results and you're the worst manager ever. A winning run and we're promotion certainties. Remember we head hunted him, went through a rigorous selection process where he was far and away the best candidate. Then we sack him in under 12 months.

Why is a replacement going to do significantly better? How long will it take to get in a replacement, if we go down a similar route to last year. Who are the outstanding candidates? Clement, Sherwood, Pearson, Allardyce, Di Matteo, Evans. All of them are available for one reason. They've all been sacked from one or more previous clubs.
So why is it going to be better for us? A club with no money and no infrastructure.

What do we want and what the hell are we expecting.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jimmy sacked on 09:57 - Nov 6 with 2094 viewsizlingtonhoop

With reference to a thread some weeks ago, every time I see this one I get:

Jimmy
Jimmy
Oh Jimmy sacked
Some want Warnock back

Abba

Anyone but bloody Allardyce...
Jimmy sacked on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 2073 viewspaulparker

Jimmy sacked on 09:48 - Nov 6 by ElHoop

Exactly. It's beyond belief that we'll get anyone any good in early November. Sacked for underperforming by the sound of it, not the style of play. I could at least understand it if he had said to JFH that we needed to find a more positive style of play and get the punters back through the gates, and JFH failed. But it doesn't sound like that was the case. JFH was sacked for poor results with a supposedly better squad than was reflected by those results. I'm pretty sure that Jim Gregory would have told JFH to start playing proper football or feck off. We've always turned over plenty of managers, but Fernandes' grip on reality seems non existent. Sir Les has to take responsibility for the style of play. If he's not been involved in that then what's the point of him at all? Either he's redundant or he's incompetent. Take your pick.

That's because that cretin fernades is wanting Prem football , he doesn't give two fcuks about rebuilding this club after the mess that he created
JFH didn't work , I thought he would be good for us but the football was dire he should of gone after reading , what we need is a manager who has an attacking style of play , a personality who won't take any crap and a bloke who wants to build something and make the club good again
The problem we have is the obsession TF has with getting in the big time , I've said time and again that he is here for OOC and that's it , we should be doing what Brentford are doing but that's to small time for TF it has to be all razzmatazz with him, all big spending and no back up plan
The club will never get back to basics until TF goes , you can appoint les , lee hoos or who ever it won't change nothing while the man with the calamity touch is running the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jimmy sacked on 10:18 - Nov 6 with 2000 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy sacked on 21:24 - Nov 5 by bosh67

Oh well. That's life. Think his fate was sealed a week ago and over the past year. Struggling at this level. He will probably go on to manage Barcelona, winning every game 10-0 with his players camped in the opposition's area. Never like to see people sacked but I guess with the transfer window about to open if you are going to get a new manager in, it is now. It will almost certainly be Sherwood. Everyone will hate him like they hate Henry. But, Sherwood has a limited period of management in the Premiership, where, despite real issues at villa, he still had an average of over 40% win rate. On the other hand, perhaps it won't be him...

Perhaps it's time for Sir Les to step up and prove he can manage?

Its 8 weeks until transfer window opens and we don't have any money to spend anyway!

Anyone expecting massive change/improvement, whoever is in charge, is going to be disappointed.

Bonkers decision that will achieve nothing.
Jimmy sacked on 10:21 - Nov 6 with 1985 viewsNortholt_Rs

Jimmy sacked on 00:09 - Nov 6 by Bluce_Ree

Not arsed. I posted on here when we got him that it wouldn't work out. And I was inevitably right.

Don't care who is next. It'll just be some other loser.

Name names! Don't say who you don't want or why somebody won't work out - tell us all who you want in as the next manager.... The stage is yours!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Jimmy sacked on 10:22 - Nov 6 with 1980 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy sacked on 21:58 - Nov 5 by kensalriser

One thing that got me about today's game was when the Forest player walked, my immediate reaction was let's get some fresh legs on and go for it, but he waited until the 84th minute to get the second (and final) sub on.

who scored, from a cross by another sub.
Jimmy sacked on 10:23 - Nov 6 with 1971 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hard facts

Like Redknapp or Hughes? They are both experienced.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Jimmy sacked on 10:26 - Nov 6 with 1951 viewsHarbour

I agree tactics Tim win not have millions to spend
Jimmy sacked on 10:26 - Nov 6 with 1950 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy sacked on 07:48 - Nov 6 by Hooparoo

Why not Warnock? I don't care if Cardiff have got him. He would come back if asked.

Failing that, an experienced European manager who knows more than one tactical approach other than hoofball.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 7:55]

He won't come back while there is a DOF here - FACT.
Jimmy sacked on 10:51 - Nov 6 with 1828 viewsJamie

Jimmy sacked on 00:57 - Nov 6 by BrazilNutR

G-Nev?

Already stated that's he's retired from management after embarrassing himself at Valencia. Doesn't want to lose the 0.00000000000003% of credibility he still has left as a pundit.

Pointless throwing out names anyway, it'll be tactical Tim.
Jimmy sacked on 11:02 - Nov 6 with 1788 viewsDejR_vu

I'm not so sure we won't get a bounce this time. We've been absolutely pony for the vast majority of JFH's tenure. We've looked half decent on one two occasions when we've been forced to take the game to the opposition. That says to me that the main problem has been the negative game plan implemented by the manager. We may not have world beaters but I don't think it's a relegation standard squad, and that's where we were heading with JFH

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jimmy sacked on 11:08 - Nov 6 with 1760 viewsQPR_Jim

Jimmy sacked on 10:26 - Nov 6 by PinnerPaul

He won't come back while there is a DOF here - FACT.

We don't need anyone unwilling to work under a DoF - FACT.

LF has done a good job, part of the criticism of JFH was that the squad is actually pretty good and he wasn't getting the most out of them. Well guess who built that squad slowly since getting here and ousting the last set of managers who didn't want a DoF between them and the cash, namely Harry Redknapp and Kia.. sorry Mark Hughes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024