Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... 23:55 - Jan 7 with 11123 viewssmegma

Oh dear.......
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 1862 viewsstowmarketrange

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

What and leave all that oil there unprotected?Never going to happen as there is too much western money invested in there.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 16:49]
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:34 - Jan 8 with 1836 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:25 - Jan 8 by Sharpy36

Being of a sound mind and a straight white male, i don`t tick the right recruitment boxes i`m afraid.

You wouldn’t get in on medical grounds either because of that massive chip on your shoulder.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:44 - Jan 8 with 1808 viewsstevec

To be fair, you can't beat a bit of flag burning for entertainment.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:51 - Jan 8 with 1785 viewsstowmarketrange

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:44 - Jan 8 by stevec

To be fair, you can't beat a bit of flag burning for entertainment.

Bring all the Chelsea flags to South Africa Rd next Saturday then.Should be a good way to keep warm.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:52 - Jan 8 with 1771 viewsSharpy36

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:34 - Jan 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

You wouldn’t get in on medical grounds either because of that massive chip on your shoulder.

So having a different opinion is the new "chip on your shoulder" a massive one at that ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 1729 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This far, the main beneficiaries seem to be the oil companies which is no shock at all as the seven sisters have always done alright out of keeping things unstable!

You want bring these elements to heel by drying up their money? You want to make the world a better and safer place at the same time? Renewable energy....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 17:23 - Jan 8 with 1713 viewsJuzzie

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 17:16 - Jan 8 by PlanetHonneywood

This far, the main beneficiaries seem to be the oil companies which is no shock at all as the seven sisters have always done alright out of keeping things unstable!

You want bring these elements to heel by drying up their money? You want to make the world a better and safer place at the same time? Renewable energy....

Unless we've blown ourselves to kingdom come by then, eventually the oil will run out then the west will pull out of the middle east pretty sharpish and let the whole region look after itself, which will more than likely be horrific and no one will intervene.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 18:30 - Jan 8 with 1620 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Match82

From what I've read Iran have had their retaliation, but caused no casualties. Hopefully there is a chance that both sides can walk away at this point. As long as nobody says or does anything stupid.

With any luck you're right. Telling that Iran deployed ballistic rather than cruise missiles to Iraq and broadcast the event on Iranian TV. A show of strength to its people whilst avoiding escalation? Trump now claiming that Iran has stood down.
Login to get fewer ads

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 18:43 - Jan 8 with 1595 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 08:07 - Jan 8 by traininvain

And a convenient diversion away from the ongoing impeachment proceedings. I’d hazard a guess that Trump’s strong man act will play well with his core support in the US.

Feel sorry for the innocent victims on both sides. And you can be sure there will be plenty of innocent civilians caught up in this sh1t show.

I doubt Trump is overly concerned about the impeachment proceedings as the US Senate is majority Republican and two thirds of senators need to vote to convict Trump if he is to be removed from office. However the trial could dampen his chances of re-election.

I'm more concerned about how the UK now handles relations with the US. Boris has to walk the tightrope between deescalating tensions in the region and negotiating a trade deal with the US.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 18:53 - Jan 8 with 1574 viewsitsbiga

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:07 - Jan 8 by Beckenhamhoop

I’d say, now that the dust has settled, that Trump has played a blinder on this. He’s killed Iran’s No2 and the principle promoter of terrorist activity in the region, demonstrated to Iran that he will not hesitate to act when it’s necessary, his actions have not (yet) resulted in the loss of one American life and watched as Iran carried out an ineffective, faux response. He has put them firmly in their place after being verbally taunted and by the use of missile strikes by proxies, for years.

He’s far more measured and effective than most give him credit for...despite some of the nonsense he spouts.

Puts tin hat on.....

He's a shady real estate money laundering huckster. I wish people would stop thinking he's a military genius just cuz he got the job. We wouldn't be here if he hadn't pulled out of Iran nuclear deal. Usual crap, he causes a crisis then claims hes awesome for dealing with it.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 19:02 - Jan 8 with 1551 viewsLythamR

(as well as sponsoring terrorism for years)

Well if thats part of the justification for then US administration had better run for the hills!
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 19:14 - Jan 8 with 1537 viewsCiderwithRsie

Much in that, Clive.

By same token Suleimani was simultaneously a dangerous anti-Western puppet-master of terrorists and the bloke who crushed ISIS.

A very hard and, in his way, brilliant man who lived by the sword and died by it.

But overall the point about the Mid East is that it is a sh*t-storm and going near it gets you covered with the stuff. Getting rid of Saddam and working with the Saudis aren't opposites, they are the same thing - getting involved and having to choose sides. I'm with you on pulling out, as was Trump before he got elected, and if I'm going to criticise the Orange man its for saying that but doing the opposite (repeatedly, but sort of randomly.)

Obama was all for pulling out too, and did it, and the next thing that happened was ISIS.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 19:17 - Jan 8 with 1532 viewsCiderwithRsie

PS always worth remembering that, despite what the Telegraph and Murdoch papers might say, we are not the same as the USA and one of the big pluses of not being an Empire any more is that we just don't have to get involved in any of this if we don't want to, and I wish we wouldn't.

Obama and Trump have to handle this stuff, we really, really don't.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 19:46 - Jan 8 with 1495 viewsBoston

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:52 - Jan 8 by Sharpy36

So having a different opinion is the new "chip on your shoulder" a massive one at that ?

I resolved my chip issue by putting one on the other shoulder, you'll not meet a more well balanced bloke.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 21:01 - Jan 8 with 1370 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 18:30 - Jan 8 by Benny_the_Ball

With any luck you're right. Telling that Iran deployed ballistic rather than cruise missiles to Iraq and broadcast the event on Iranian TV. A show of strength to its people whilst avoiding escalation? Trump now claiming that Iran has stood down.

Hope you're right, Benny, but I'm afraid that commentators (e.g. Chomsky in the article above) are right when they say that this is simply the latest episode in a decades-old feud over oil.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 21:25 - Jan 8 with 1330 viewsBoston

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 19:14 - Jan 8 by CiderwithRsie

Much in that, Clive.

By same token Suleimani was simultaneously a dangerous anti-Western puppet-master of terrorists and the bloke who crushed ISIS.

A very hard and, in his way, brilliant man who lived by the sword and died by it.

But overall the point about the Mid East is that it is a sh*t-storm and going near it gets you covered with the stuff. Getting rid of Saddam and working with the Saudis aren't opposites, they are the same thing - getting involved and having to choose sides. I'm with you on pulling out, as was Trump before he got elected, and if I'm going to criticise the Orange man its for saying that but doing the opposite (repeatedly, but sort of randomly.)

Obama was all for pulling out too, and did it, and the next thing that happened was ISIS.

It wasn't his Obama's) decision to withdraw that rankles, it was his prime time tv appearance deriding ISIS as the "JV Team" that paved the way for the chaos that followed.

JV, in his parlance, was a derogatory term implying second string / rate, the type of thinking which shaped US policy until it was far too late.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 23:50 - Jan 8 with 1226 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 16:52 - Jan 8 by Sharpy36

Nah mate, it’s more about your fcking whining and snide remarks.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 23:50 - Jan 8 with 1226 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 21:01 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Hope you're right, Benny, but I'm afraid that commentators (e.g. Chomsky in the article above) are right when they say that this is simply the latest episode in a decades-old feud over oil.

No doubt Brian, it's rinse and repeat sadly. The sooner we remove our reliance on the stuff the better. However with Brexit imminent and new trade deals to be negotiated Boris will be minded to play a straight bat.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 23:53]
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 00:36 - Jan 9 with 1193 viewsbob566

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 18:43 - Jan 8 by Benny_the_Ball

I doubt Trump is overly concerned about the impeachment proceedings as the US Senate is majority Republican and two thirds of senators need to vote to convict Trump if he is to be removed from office. However the trial could dampen his chances of re-election.

I'm more concerned about how the UK now handles relations with the US. Boris has to walk the tightrope between deescalating tensions in the region and negotiating a trade deal with the US.

Boris will do as he's told to do by the US. You need them more than they need you.
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 08:32 - Jan 9 with 1034 viewsjohncharles

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Match82

From what I've read Iran have had their retaliation, but caused no casualties. Hopefully there is a chance that both sides can walk away at this point. As long as nobody says or does anything stupid.

I think we can rely on President Trump to say and do something stupid.

Strong and stable my arse.

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:08 - Jan 9 with 896 viewsLythamR

its about control, influence and power more than the actual $ and cents profit per barrel.

having said that the armarments and construction Corps are not exactly complaining either
It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:28 - Jan 9 with 871 viewsKonk

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:08 - Jan 9 by LythamR

its about control, influence and power more than the actual $ and cents profit per barrel.

having said that the armarments and construction Corps are not exactly complaining either

And presumably US Tax payers foot the bill for wars through the ever-ballooning US National debt, whereas any profit to be made, go to corporations and wealthy individuals involved in the energy and defence sectors.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 1398 viewsingeminate

True, but the cost of war is covered by taxation whereas the profits of war are shared by a small number of oil/arms companies. As you are aware those companies have tremendous influence in Capitol Hill.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 1397 viewsR_from_afar

The Owl

By Edward Thomas

Downhill I came, hungry, and yet not starved;

Cold, yet had heat within me that was proof

Against the North wind; tired, yet so that rest

Had seemed the sweetest thing under a roof.

Then at the inn I had food, fire, and rest,

Knowing how hungry, cold, and tired was I.

All of the night was quite barred out except

An owl’s cry, a most melancholy cry

Shaken out long and clear upon the hill,

No merry note, nor cause of merriment,

But one telling me plain what I escaped

And others could not, that night, as in I went.

And salted was my food, and my repose,

Salted and sobered, too, by the bird’s voice

Speaking for all who lay under the stars,

Soldiers and poor, unable to rejoice.

*** I posted this because these are the thoughts of a man trying to decide whether to go to war. He did, and died at the Battle of Arras in 1916.

No more killing please. Let's respect each other's differences and coexist.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:40 - Jan 9 with 1388 viewsLythamR

It's all gone off in Iran / Iraq..... on 13:28 - Jan 9 by Konk

And presumably US Tax payers foot the bill for wars through the ever-ballooning US National debt, whereas any profit to be made, go to corporations and wealthy individuals involved in the energy and defence sectors.

along with UK tax payers and those of many other countries who have increased defence expediture because of the wars and instability
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024