Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share sale 11:34 - Jun 3 with 56629 viewsfitzochris

I understand the shares owned by Chris Dunphy, Bill Goodwin and Paul Hazelhurst have been sold to a US-based concern.

Keep an eye on Companies House over the coming weeks.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Share sale on 15:29 - Jun 4 with 2516 viewsSandyman

Outside investment! As long as it is the right type and not something like bury etc, that is excellent news. "The proof of the pudding" aspect comes in to play of course, so there won't be any wild celebrations, talk of "revolution" or "Wow Wow Wow" until the consequences of this investment are there to see. Do we trust the directors / former directors to do the right thing by RAFC ? There has to be caution in any move like this, and I think they will be doing things properly. Time well tell. Welcome aboard Mr Altman and Mr Marcelli and all the best. You will be watched very closely - nothing personal, just protecting our long-term interests.
Share sale on 15:29 - Jun 4 with 2516 viewsscarrow

Share sale on 15:26 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Thoughts:
Where has this statement been released officially by those involved?

Appreciate the efforts of those involved in getting it out to supporters, but if those efforts hadn’t been made would we be any wiser now to what their plans are?

The trust received the statement directly from the investor it seems

Poll: Final position

Share sale on 15:32 - Jun 4 with 2505 viewsjudd

Share sale on 15:29 - Jun 4 by Sandyman

Outside investment! As long as it is the right type and not something like bury etc, that is excellent news. "The proof of the pudding" aspect comes in to play of course, so there won't be any wild celebrations, talk of "revolution" or "Wow Wow Wow" until the consequences of this investment are there to see. Do we trust the directors / former directors to do the right thing by RAFC ? There has to be caution in any move like this, and I think they will be doing things properly. Time well tell. Welcome aboard Mr Altman and Mr Marcelli and all the best. You will be watched very closely - nothing personal, just protecting our long-term interests.

It's a proposed investment at present, isn't it?

The list specific in the areas they would like to see the investment, erm, invested

Poll: What is it to be then?

Share sale on 15:34 - Jun 4 with 2492 viewsJames1980

Reimbursement for this seasons missed games could be a good PR gesture. Could have a few options payment to bank account, donate to local charity or the academy credit towards next season ticket. I am not saying they should or need to make such a gesture.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Share sale on 15:35 - Jun 4 with 2476 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 15:26 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Thoughts:
Where has this statement been released officially by those involved?

Appreciate the efforts of those involved in getting it out to supporters, but if those efforts hadn’t been made would we be any wiser now to what their plans are?

No is the answer to that question. Altman himself had to draft that statement because of questions I was asking generally and then asked of him directly.

And I’m going to rant a little here at the lack of strong local journalism. I did this digging in and around my full-time job. I chose to publish it on here because I did this on behalf of the supporters, not to get a wing in a national newspaper and a cheque.

There is no local journalist scrutinising the club the way good old local reporters used to - and it shows.

Share sale on 15:36 - Jun 4 with 2461 viewsD_Alien

Share sale on 14:13 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/06/trust-statement-6/

In the link to Dan Altman, there's reference to him holding an academic post at a major US university

Given the kudos this confers, i think it unlikely that we're looking at a SD/SD2 type character, both of whom had little regard for their reputation in reneging on deals

My over-riding concern is the longer term. Whilst significant investment might be welcome if it leads to the chance for greater success on the pitch, i don't see how that will help our longer term prospects if (and it'd surely only be a matter of time) they pulled out, leaving much greater overheads. Altman refers to securing the longer term, but as he and his partner are primarily involved in investment there's no such thing as a longer term guarantee

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share sale on 15:37 - Jun 4 with 2464 viewsjudd

Share sale on 15:35 - Jun 4 by fitzochris

No is the answer to that question. Altman himself had to draft that statement because of questions I was asking generally and then asked of him directly.

And I’m going to rant a little here at the lack of strong local journalism. I did this digging in and around my full-time job. I chose to publish it on here because I did this on behalf of the supporters, not to get a wing in a national newspaper and a cheque.

There is no local journalist scrutinising the club the way good old local reporters used to - and it shows.

Well done again, Fitzo.

Your efforts are really appreciated

Poll: What is it to be then?

Share sale on 15:38 - Jun 4 with 2461 viewsisitme

Whilst there are some excellent journalists about, the lack is not just local!
Login to get fewer ads

Share sale on 15:38 - Jun 4 with 2450 viewsnordenblue

Share sale on 15:14 - Jun 4 by Reedy

Cautiously optimistic, I think if it wasn’t for the pandemic this would’ve been announced a good while ago. It would’ve been easy for them to walk away due to the pandemic, so I think it’s a good sign they’ve continued during these incredibly uncertain times.

The item at the top of his to do list, getting a training ground with facilities to incorporate the academy would be a huge step forward. I would be interested to see if the sporting director works, and if it will be someone with connections to the club already.

I’m glad that the statement doesn’t promise the earth and a champions league place in ten years. It appears measured and in keeping with how the football club has been run for years.

I’m also firmly of the belief that any of the former shareholders would not sell their shares to someone who would harm the club, while people may not step back in the ground for a good while, those people are still lifelong supporters and have the clubs best interests at heart.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 15:24]

I wouldn't be too certain Reedy about everyone having "the clubs interest at heart" a former chairman has made it obvious he wants nothing to do with the club under it's current format,so why wouldn't he want to take his own investment out of the club now he has absolutely nothing to do with it and is obviously not welcome back either.

I'd be exactly the same and look after my own interests firstly, if that meant selling a stake to whoever wants to buy it then why not,how do we know he doesnt need the funds to prop his own business up in the current climate either?
Share sale on 15:40 - Jun 4 with 2423 viewsnordenblue

Fantastic work Fitzo keep it up
Share sale on 15:50 - Jun 4 with 2371 viewsTalkingSutty

Your efforts are appreciated by all of your fellow Dale fans I hope, it’s important that supporters keep an eye on everything that is going on at their Club. It’s obviously something that the Supporters Trust haven’t been consulted about in their meetings with the Director’s and CEO but they also took the time to go down the same route as you this morning and get the story from the horses mouth so to speak. So thanks also to the Trust bods for going directly to the source.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 15:53]
Share sale on 15:54 - Jun 4 with 2350 views442Dale

Thank you. And thanks again for your work on this.

Question:
When would this information we now know have become available to all supporters without supporter intervention?

(That’s not for Fitzo to answer btw! Merely one for us all to ponder)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Share sale on 15:58 - Jun 4 with 2328 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Apologies if this has already been covered but how will Altman’s football analytics be implemented? You would have to have a manager that is fully on board with its implementation and not want any autonomy re recruitment and perhaps selection, would you not? That may be far more difficult than anticipated.
BBM: I want to sign x
Altman: no the analytics say y is a better player.
BBM: but I don’t want y, I want x

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Share sale on 16:04 - Jun 4 with 2287 viewsD_Alien

Share sale on 15:58 - Jun 4 by BigDaveMyCock

Apologies if this has already been covered but how will Altman’s football analytics be implemented? You would have to have a manager that is fully on board with its implementation and not want any autonomy re recruitment and perhaps selection, would you not? That may be far more difficult than anticipated.

Would be interesting to get the perspective of Swansea supporters, where his analytics were apparently less than fully bought into

And i can just imagine the debates on here about team selection with that added complicating factor...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share sale on 16:16 - Jun 4 with 2225 views442Dale

Share sale on 16:28 - Jun 4 with 2157 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 16:16 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Sadly, his statement will now land in the lap of all lazy journalists, but the word is out and that was the intention.

Share sale on 16:39 - Jun 4 with 2098 views442Dale

Note the link to Smarterscout.

“ ANALYTICS FOR EVERYONE.
The smartest analytics in the game — and Lite access is free!
Evaluate the performance of football players around the world. Assess contributions to winning, playing style, and skill levels. Even predict how a player in one league might succeed in another.”

Share sale on 16:44 - Jun 4 with 2076 viewsAtThePeake

Share sale on 16:04 - Jun 4 by D_Alien

Would be interesting to get the perspective of Swansea supporters, where his analytics were apparently less than fully bought into

And i can just imagine the debates on here about team selection with that added complicating factor...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/211700/2936448/

Tangled up in blue.

Share sale on 16:44 - Jun 4 with 2075 views1907

Share sale on 15:50 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

Your efforts are appreciated by all of your fellow Dale fans I hope, it’s important that supporters keep an eye on everything that is going on at their Club. It’s obviously something that the Supporters Trust haven’t been consulted about in their meetings with the Director’s and CEO but they also took the time to go down the same route as you this morning and get the story from the horses mouth so to speak. So thanks also to the Trust bods for going directly to the source.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 15:53]

If the directors had signed an NDA as part of the transaction then I would be imagine they couldn’t have consulted the supporters trust even if they wanted to?
Share sale on 16:46 - Jun 4 with 2058 views442Dale

Share sale on 16:44 - Jun 4 by 1907

If the directors had signed an NDA as part of the transaction then I would be imagine they couldn’t have consulted the supporters trust even if they wanted to?

Possibly. How does this statement fit within the terms of a NDA?

Share sale on 16:49 - Jun 4 with 2045 viewsjonahwhereru

I wonder what Altman’s scouting system made of Keaton Jennings at the time he signed for us “sorry Keaton who? How are you spelling that? !!!

Personally I think BBM has recruited well, so would like things left to him.

When Taylor suggested Dave McKay to Clough I don’t think he was thinking of future sell on fees. Just getting in a player who could do a job for the team.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:54]
Share sale on 16:50 - Jun 4 with 2041 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 16:46 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Possibly. How does this statement fit within the terms of a NDA?

The major quibble at the minute is over the “private sale” element of the transaction. I will await the club’s official statement before commenting on this further, so I don’t get into trouble.

Altman himself told me he isn’t prepared to answer any more questions beyond the statement for the time being.

Share sale on 17:01 - Jun 4 with 1980 viewsSaxonDale

Just listened to a podcast with Altman about the role of SmarterScout. Few interesting things from the listen:

The use of SmartScout- From what I could gather SmarterScout use the statistics widely available through Opta to help recommend various players based on statistics accrued over the last few seasons. All the obvious stats (and not so obvious!) seem to be explored by the team on how a player is performing but they then process this data to add further context. A very simplified example being a striker in League 2 may have scored 20 goals however when they factor in the standard of defending, goalkeeping, number of shots he had etc they could predict he would only score 6 in League 1. Whilst another player in the same league who had scored less goals in a similar amount of games could be forecasted to be more successful. Altman said this could be due to various variables such as system, role in his previous team, chance conversion etc.

What struck me was how global this network seems to be- he said he had stats on the majority of competitive leagues in the world excluding Africa. Without sounding all Bury it wouldn't surprise me if we see a more international Dale team (at least before Brexit) if this all goes ahead. Seems to me that he believes his system could take a player from the Greek league and give him an accurate idea of performance levels in League 1 (admittedly he only used more high profile examples in the podcast.)

Doesn't seem to be completely dominated by the statistical side of things either- he mentioned the Rooney deal to DC United, which I presume he had a minor role in. Whilst Rooney pretty much performed for DC how the data had predicted he would, they knew he would be a valuable signing because of stuff that data wouldn't show- eg raising professionalism in training and lifting the squad.
Share sale on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 1909 viewsfunkkk

Share sale on 15:58 - Jun 4 by BigDaveMyCock

I would imagine the long term plan would be for us to have a head coach rather than a manager and the sporting director to effectively be a DoF in charge of transfers.
Share sale on 17:22 - Jun 4 with 1885 viewsIcelandDale

There's not much scrutinising journalism going on anywhere Fitz. Local, national, global. I mean, there is, out there, but read by an ever decreasing minority. Lies rule, open lies. Lie at will, go for it. Lie live on all platforms. Doesn't matter.

So, back to this thing. In what recent scenario can anyone point to where this kind of 'investment' lead to anything other than RAFC getting thrown away like confetti?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024