Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson on facebook 11:59 - Jun 20 with 38182 viewsjudd

To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:39 - Jun 22 with 1959 viewssweetcorn

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:34 - Jun 22 by standale

Or maybe not, find that a bit despicable to lie to the fans. Footballing legend for the dale, not so as a person it seems.

How do you know he’s lied?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:49 - Jun 22 with 1898 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ian Henderson on facebook on 15:04 - Jun 22 by ChaffRAFC

Can Hendo or his agents?

There will be three versions of this story, the club's, Ian Henderson's, and the truth.

Now we have had Hendo’s and the club’s version, when do we get the truth?!!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:51 - Jun 22 with 1889 viewsstandale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:39 - Jun 22 by sweetcorn

How do you know he’s lied?

Fair enough, just my opinion.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:52 - Jun 22 with 1880 viewsisitme

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:49 - Jun 22 by rochdaleriddler

Now we have had Hendo’s and the club’s version, when do we get the truth?!!

It will be somewhere in the middle, although where the middle is in this case is anyone's guess!
Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:00 - Jun 22 with 1807 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:52 - Jun 22 by isitme

It will be somewhere in the middle, although where the middle is in this case is anyone's guess!

The key piece of information in the Chairman's statement for me was that BBM held an extensive phone call with Hendo on 13 June, apparently with the agreement of the board. Is it at all likely that Hendo was left in any doubt about the outcome from that point onwards, or that BBM would have failed to thank him for his services to Dale in a manner we'd all have wanted to see?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:13 - Jun 22 with 1753 viewselectricblue

Could it be quite possible that Henderson may have been heading to Bolton and then Hill got the sack.
So Henderson tried to get the deal on offer at Dale resurrected and the board decided no to go any further......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:21 - Jun 22 with 1720 viewstony_roch975

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:13 - Jun 22 by electricblue

Could it be quite possible that Henderson may have been heading to Bolton and then Hill got the sack.
So Henderson tried to get the deal on offer at Dale resurrected and the board decided no to go any further......

In the absence of any contradictory evidence from Henderson is it time for a bit of contrition from the conspiracy theorists on this Forum who have been so ready and willing to condemn the Board of Directors - "inappropriate comments and threats being posted online and in some cases to Board members personally" is no way for fans of this 'family club' to behave.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:52 - Jun 22 with 1638 viewsJames1980

I would like to say sorry for suggesting the club issue an apology regarding the email.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:04 - Jun 22 with 1601 views1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:13 - Jun 22 by electricblue

Nail. On. Head.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:09 - Jun 22 with 1570 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:00 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

The key piece of information in the Chairman's statement for me was that BBM held an extensive phone call with Hendo on 13 June, apparently with the agreement of the board. Is it at all likely that Hendo was left in any doubt about the outcome from that point onwards, or that BBM would have failed to thank him for his services to Dale in a manner we'd all have wanted to see?

Listening to some of BBM's interviews maybe some of the conversation was lost in translation.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:13 - Jun 22 with 1551 views442Dale

Bolton were under an embargo around transfers and what they could pay players anyway. Of course, Henderson may have gone there for less money to work with Hill again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:18 - Jun 22 with 1517 views1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:13 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Bolton were under an embargo around transfers and what they could pay players anyway. Of course, Henderson may have gone there for less money to work with Hill again.

Bolton could quite happily take an out of contract Hendo off our hands right now and pay him substantially more than we could.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 22 with 1460 viewsBartRowou

Where does all this leave Herbalife?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 22 with 1456 views442Dale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:18 - Jun 22 by 1907

Bolton could quite happily take an out of contract Hendo off our hands right now and pay him substantially more than we could.

Not necessarily. Thought the same but a Bolton fan at work said they’d never be able to pay anyone figures like 4k a week due to the embargo - as mentioned here:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18076996.bolton-wanderers-boss-keith-hill-

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:30 - Jun 22 with 1455 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 22 by BartRowou

Herbalife doesn't matter

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:33 - Jun 22 with 1442 viewsBartRowou

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:30 - Jun 22 by judd

Herbalife doesn't matter

All herbs matter.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:38 - Jun 22 with 1411 views1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Not necessarily. Thought the same but a Bolton fan at work said they’d never be able to pay anyone figures like 4k a week due to the embargo - as mentioned here:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18076996.bolton-wanderers-boss-keith-hill-

I believe the issue is more to do with transfer fees. With the fans and turnover they have they will still have a very decent L2 budget & I also believe Hendo was well on his way.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:40 - Jun 22 with 1397 viewstodmordendale

Too many on here were too quick with knee jerk reactions. There are always two sides to every story and even so it may transpire that there are other ‘minor details’ but the door should be closed. The club and fans will move on. Given time, we will favour a new hero as Hendo becomes part of the history of the club.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:42 - Jun 22 with 1390 viewsdawlishdale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:38 - Jun 22 by 1907

I believe the issue is more to do with transfer fees. With the fans and turnover they have they will still have a very decent L2 budget & I also believe Hendo was well on his way.

Certainly during this last season BWFC have been under a strict embargo, forbidding them from paying transfer or loan fees, and capping the amount they paid any single player at £2000 a week, which is less than Henderson was on with us.

I would guess that Fleetwood and Salford were the clubs interested in signing him once Bolton declared their embargo conditions.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:44 - Jun 22 with 1374 viewselectricblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 22 by BartRowou

With henderson raking it in at a new club with new punters....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:50 - Jun 22 with 1324 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:50 - Jun 21 by 442Dale

Also, they are aware that the questions sent by supporters two weeks ago to be asked to the club still require addressing (as they were promptly by Dan Altman and the Trust themselves). This would be covered when they mention “ongoing” matters.

The club will be under no illusions that this method of communication with supporters has to be used as a positive to keep everyone as informed as possible.

Today's statement from the Chairman presumably takes much of the heat out of this meeting now, but as you say, there are still important issues that require scrutiny

It's important that the anti-board response from many fans to Hendo's post isn't used as an excuse to whitewash other matters of concern

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:08 - Jun 22 with 1255 views442Dale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:50 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

Today's statement from the Chairman presumably takes much of the heat out of this meeting now, but as you say, there are still important issues that require scrutiny

It's important that the anti-board response from many fans to Hendo's post isn't used as an excuse to whitewash other matters of concern

The contact made with the Trust on Saturday was specifically around the questions sent two weeks ago and a follow up to them. Unfortunately, and it is just an opinion, the Henderson issue has muddied the waters a bit over recent days.

Fans need more information about the direction of the club, both in relation to how the shareholding may impact that and how the current situation is being managed with a transparent plan in place that supporters can appreciate.

In the grand scheme of things one player, albeit a very influential one, is a bit inconsequential.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:17 - Jun 22 with 1217 views56years

Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:28 - Jun 20 by judd

Should he have been phoned up/skyped/zoomed/ invited in to the club?

Yes or no?

When you read the official statement you can hopefully now see why I wouldn’t answer your question - he had asked for e-mail communication and in addition BBM had phoned him. I wanted the full facts, you preferred to become a ‘barrack room lawyer’ when you had heard only one side of the story.
You called me a coward for not answering your question - an apology would be nice.........
Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:17 - Jun 22 with 1215 views1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:42 - Jun 22 by dawlishdale

Certainly during this last season BWFC have been under a strict embargo, forbidding them from paying transfer or loan fees, and capping the amount they paid any single player at £2000 a week, which is less than Henderson was on with us.

I would guess that Fleetwood and Salford were the clubs interested in signing him once Bolton declared their embargo conditions.

I’m not so sure that 2K figures is accurate. Look at some of the players they signed during the course of last season:

Ethan Hamilton, Kean Bryan, Jacob Mellis, Daryl Murphy, James Weir, Liam Bridcutt (cont)

There’s certainly some money there no matter what they’re saying in the press.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:20 - Jun 22 with 1199 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:17 - Jun 22 by 56years

When you read the official statement you can hopefully now see why I wouldn’t answer your question - he had asked for e-mail communication and in addition BBM had phoned him. I wanted the full facts, you preferred to become a ‘barrack room lawyer’ when you had heard only one side of the story.
You called me a coward for not answering your question - an apology would be nice.........

Accepted.

I didn't ask if they had or hadn't contacted him in the manner I suggested, only should or shouldn't they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024